Forum Settings
Forums

Do you actually intend to watch everything you've put in your PTW list?

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Oct 20, 2018 9:06 AM

I only put sequels and related anime in there. But I keep a google document for shows I'm interested in watching from 2010 onwards, I guess it's not exactly a 'plan to watch' thing for me.

Oct 20, 2018 9:21 AM

I download complete series and add them to my PTW list, that way I ensure I'll watch them sooner or later

Oct 20, 2018 9:23 AM
I intend to watch everything in my PTW, that's what its for

Oct 20, 2018 9:26 AM

Yes, I have less than ten in there and most of them are yet to air.

Oct 20, 2018 9:38 AM

In theory yes, in practice, probably not

Oct 20, 2018 9:51 AM
I think I also use it in a 'maybe' sort of way. Mostly I use my PTW list as a way to make sure I don't lose shows that sounded interesting to me. Optimistically, I would like to say that I'll get to all of them someday, but I know that might be a little unrealistic as I add shows to it each season, and watch so few in between. (In fact, I often find myself watching anime that wasn't even on my PTW list.)

I don't think it kills the spirit, per se... In fact, I think it could kill the spirit of enjoying anime in general if you restricted yourself only to shows on your PTW list until you'd completed it. I see it almost as a higher tier. Like, there's the lower tier of all anime in general and then the higher PTW tier of shows marked specifically for your interest.

Oct 20, 2018 9:51 AM

Yes, I do.
Except for the ones that I can't find anywhere (online)

Oct 20, 2018 9:56 AM
I use my PTW list for three things:
1) Sequels/ Prequels/ Spinoffs/ Etc.
2) Stuff that hasn’t aired yet, but I know I will watch when it comes out.
3) Stuff that I might check out one day, but it’s not guaranteed.

Oct 20, 2018 9:59 AM
aidoru material

no

I have abandoned a lot of anime on my ptw list either because i lost interest in them or i forget about their existance

Oct 20, 2018 10:02 AM

Yes. I use my PTW list as a reference point so I wouldn't forget titles that interest me and could pick and choose from them whenever I please how I please.

Oct 20, 2018 10:06 AM

Yeah, now I realized I'm using my PTW list the same way as OP. Lately, I barely touch my list and only watching seasonal shows. I doubt I'll finish it in my lifetime.

Oct 20, 2018 10:08 AM

For me it's there so I don't forget about anime I didn't have time for because a lot of anime gets lost to time and forgotten. When I am bored and can't think of anything to watch I will have a scroll through it every so often.

Oct 20, 2018 10:13 AM

I'll add anything that even slightly interests me to my PTW. But because I'm the biggest procrastinator on the planet, I never actually watch any of them. xD

Oct 20, 2018 11:36 AM

Arkab said:
Or you just use it with an "anime I might give a try some day" purpose? Not really wanting to decidedly watch all of them eventually?

I myself use it this way. There is stuff I definitely will check some day, but most of it is just a "maybe" (and my guess is that this is the same for users with like really humongous PTW lists, with over 1k or even 2k titles), so it's highly likely that I will actually never watch some of them I've put there.

What about you?
I basically do the same thing. The PTW is a pool of stuff that I can choose from when I want to find "something else"/"something new" to watch.

In this sense it contains both "plan to actually watch" and "plan to just try".

Oct 20, 2018 11:38 AM

Yes, I do actually intend to watch everything I've put in my PTW list.

Oct 20, 2018 11:48 AM

I think I will watch everything... it'll take a few years at my current rate, though

Oct 20, 2018 11:51 AM
idk, it's kinda inherently a 'maybe' since you never know what the future brings. I might be dead a year from now. But I do plan to eventually get to everything on there, if I don't run out of time before that.

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Oct 20, 2018 11:55 AM
Forum Moderator
I put anything that looks remotely interesting on my ptw. I intend to at least give everything a try, but i doubt i'll be able to watch everything. I don't have that much time and my ptw just keeps growing XD Some anime are a lot more high priority to watch than others though. I want to try and watch all the classics i can.

Oct 20, 2018 12:00 PM

Yes I even took the time to tag the genres on my PTW to make it easier for me to decide what I'm in the mood for. The only exception would be if there's something I added that I didn't realize wasn't translated in those cases I either delete it upon noticing before I start or I just move it to on-hold to see if that changes.
That being said I don't prioritize oldest additions, there's a reasonable chance that the list will grow faster than I can watch, but it's also a bit boosted with specials and ovas that I don't want to forget and I've had cases where I marathoned like 40+ entries off of my ptw in less than a month due to that minor boost.

Oct 20, 2018 12:05 PM

i do intend to at least start watching them all!
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]

Oct 20, 2018 12:20 PM

When I put it in the list, yeah. But every once in a while ill got through and take out any that i have no interest in. My tastes have changed alot since i got this account and some of the shows i initially put in the PTW i no longer care about

Oct 20, 2018 12:23 PM
i cant say for sure
never say never
but i have dropped some

Oct 20, 2018 12:33 PM

I mean, a good chunk of it at least I plan to watch. Or it's stuff I'm waiting to air/get subbed, or sequels I haven't gotten around to yet.
The rest is recommendations or other shows I wanted to at least check out but haven't had the chance to yet. Though I might want to clean it up a bit since it's gotten really long.

Oct 20, 2018 12:34 PM

I put anime in my ptw list only when i am 100% sure that I will watch them. If I see an anime that seems interesting but I'm not sure I will watch it, i just bookmark it, and review it again later.

Oct 20, 2018 12:40 PM

Yeah. When I feel like watching an anime I in fact go to my plan to watch. However if I'm not in mood for any of those, I go to top rated.

Oct 20, 2018 12:43 PM
Yes. I doubt I will end up watching everything there, but I plan to.

Oct 20, 2018 12:45 PM

I definitely intend to watch everything on my PTW, I just don't know when though.

Oct 20, 2018 1:39 PM

Just recently yes, but not for a long time. When I was searching through pretty much every anime on MAL to find all the anime I have seen already I added a bunch that I really never actually planned on watching. It feels much better knowing that I am actually going to watch those titles one day now

Oct 20, 2018 1:56 PM

I do intend to unless I change my mind about it which is extremely rare. The biggest problem I have to clear my plan to watch is finding enough time to actually watch the anime. My pacing is decent.

Oct 20, 2018 2:01 PM

I have a bit of a complicated way of sorting things I want to watch in the future. For the most part, everything I put on my PTW is something that I will watch, whether or not I think I will like it. However, I end up remaking that list once a year to account for all the things I keep adding over time - popular anime series, leftover seasonal I didn't get to, classics I want to check out, shows I'm personally excited to watch, recommendations from others, and stuff like that; I don't have a whole lot of free time to watch anime, so I can't exactly finish everything I add to my PTW in a given period.

At the end of the year I'll clear my PTW and then add a new batch of series - those series being the only ones I focus on watching (everything else I add to my PTW after that just sits there until I can cycle them back in properly). Series I don't get to will be recycled over and over till I finally get to them.

When I say I intend to watch everything, I mean that in a general sense of eventually getting to it. I'll usually get to those initial series that I add (I don't skip around my PTW) but anything after that kinda depends on how much time I have left.
Modified by ISOQuorra, May 11, 9:34 PM

Oct 20, 2018 2:03 PM

No,the reason of why I add them is because I like to waste my time.

Oct 20, 2018 2:08 PM

I fully intend to watch everything in my PTW, which I’ve trimmed down a lot.

My “everything I might possibly try” list is here, and it’s massive.

Oct 20, 2018 2:14 PM

Nope. I realized that there's so much shit on my PTW that I don't even remember I added. My real plan to watch list is typed in a notepad, and I'm waiting for the MAL API to come back so that I can use Taiga to clear my plan to watch list and only add the stuff that I'm ACTUALLY gonna watch

Oct 20, 2018 2:19 PM

Of course I want to watch them, but it might take years to go through all of that. However, if I change my mind someday I have no problem to delete it from my list.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.

Oct 20, 2018 2:21 PM

Yes because I only list shows there that I actually in fact do plan to watch.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Oct 20, 2018 2:22 PM

I don't make a long list so I will watch anything that is in my plan to watch list

Oct 20, 2018 2:27 PM

i do plan on watchin everything in my ptw, it’s there for a reason
but every now and then i’ll go through it n delete anything i’ve lost interest in for whatever reason

i have a lot to watch...

Oct 20, 2018 2:29 PM

It's hard to say...

I guess only time will tell.

Oct 20, 2018 2:32 PM

I do plan on watching everything on my PTW someday. The real Question Is When...

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." -NuxTaku, 2019

Oct 20, 2018 4:44 PM

For a long time, my PTW list was steadily growing to the point where I knew I was definitely never gonna watch most of the stuff on it. So I sat down and gradually cleaned it out over a few weeks, going from over 1000 anime to around 500. I deleted all the sequels and extras (there's no way I'd be able to sit through all the stuff for One Piece/Naruto/Dragon Ball etc.) and soon I started dropping stuff too. If it seems terrible and trashy then I won't add it to my PTW list unless I've heard good things about it or the plot synopsis is interesting; if I start watching it and don't like it, even after a few minutes, I'll drop it (unless it's part of a challenge I'm doing).

I know hardcore weebs feel like it's their duty to watch absolutely everything ever and it's satisfying to see that completed stat rise, but I believe putting absolutely everything on your list without even considering if you think you'll like it is a terrible habit and it actually discouraged me from watching anime for a while.
To see which challenges I'm participating in, please check the 'Active Challenges' section of my profile.

Oct 20, 2018 5:02 PM

yeah. i mainly put things i wont probably encounter in some form again, so ill forget about it if i dont

Oct 20, 2018 5:06 PM

I would've but college ended up hitting me like a truck

Oct 20, 2018 6:20 PM

Yes i intent to watch all that is there, but i am well aware that i most likely will never the able to actually watch everything on that list sense i add titles to it somewhat sporadically. So in a way i guess is wishful thinking, but until then i will keep watching what is on the list.

✧A Believing Heart Is Your Magic✧

Oct 20, 2018 6:46 PM
Sanji Fangirl

I keep a seperate notepad document for that cause i stopped using my PTW list when it became too long.
I rarely use that document nowadays though. I just go on anichart to look up shows from previous seasons that i havent watched yet.

And if i intend to watch all on my "PTW" then the answer to that is yes.

Oct 20, 2018 6:53 PM
ドリフト

yea, i do. i tend to keep the list very small that way i can eventually watch everything i add

i am alone again and i want to be so;
alone with the pure sky and open sea

:¨·.·¨:
      `·..  reins

Oct 20, 2018 6:54 PM

I do plan to watch them but some stuff has been there for years, so who knows? The biggest problem is that I watched only seasonal stuff and then never have enough time for already finished anime.

Oct 20, 2018 7:04 PM
oof

I want to watch and finish (if possible) every anime I have on my PTW, but it'll take a while at least.

Oct 20, 2018 7:07 PM
</overrated>

One day I'll get it into the single digits. *clenches fist* one day.....

Oct 20, 2018 7:07 PM

kinda. I intend to watch it, meaning that i want to. But oftenly i just feel don't like it and ended up just adding an anime that i interested in.

Oct 20, 2018 7:15 PM

Most of times I put things there to not forget to search for them later, most of times I end up removing 40% of my PTW.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »