Forum Settings
Forums

Do you actually intend to watch everything you've put in your PTW list?

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Post New Reply
Oct 22, 2018 10:13 AM

My PTW list is, in general, every franchise I'm interested in that I have not watched yet. But it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever watch even half of them bc there's just too many

Oct 22, 2018 10:17 AM

Never. Hell, I've not touched a PTW anime in a long time. I start with other anime that I've not PTWed.

Same with On Hold anime, that's just a mellow way to say Dropped

Oct 22, 2018 10:36 AM

That was the original plan for me - adding anime on the list I was going to watch soonish.
In reality I realize that I start something new pretty randomly according to my mood so my PTW list just gets longer and longer and it's filled with stuff I put there years ago.
Sometimes I wonder if I just stop caring about it and just add the hundreds of series that sound vaguely interesting and be done with it.

Oct 22, 2018 1:18 PM

i hope i can , there are a lot in the PTW as for me but i'll manage... I JUST NEED TIMEE!

Oct 22, 2018 3:41 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Yes ... i might die before it happens tho

Oct 22, 2018 4:34 PM

Who knows, it's just a convenient way to narrow down results from the thousands down to the hundreds.
"I am Holo the wisewolf, I know that there are things in this world that I do not know, that is what makes me wise."
-Holo (Spice & Wolf)

Oct 22, 2018 5:10 PM

A lot of the time I put anime on my PTW list just to remember it exists for later, but I find I rarely actually watch the stuff on there. Usually if I'm really excited to watch a show, I'll either get to it relatively quickly or keep it in mind often enough that it doesn't need to go on the list...kind of feels like it's where certain shows go to die lol.
help

Oct 22, 2018 7:20 PM
MichaelJackson said:
My PTW is mostly for anime that I don´t want to forget they exist.
Same

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

Oct 22, 2018 7:22 PM
I tend to watch what I put into my PTW list, but what I don't end up watching is the stuff I put into my on hold list. Weird I know.

Oct 22, 2018 7:35 PM
Not a lolicon

I use my PTW for anime that I'm interested in

Oct 22, 2018 7:39 PM

I'm usually watching 1 anime from my PTW list alongside any seasonal stuff I'm watching so maybe, I doubt it'll ever be empty though.

Oct 22, 2018 7:40 PM

Yeah most of it hopefully, one day...

Oct 22, 2018 7:41 PM

>eventually

I'll get there...

>eventually

lmao

Oct 22, 2018 7:46 PM
Inactive

Eh, no. Actually, maybe. But who knows

Oct 22, 2018 7:49 PM

No, it just serves as a reminder that whenever I look for a new anime after I have finished one that was really good there are others out there waiting to be discovered.

But also, it also serves to stress me out because there are so many to watch that have piped my interest.

Oct 22, 2018 8:21 PM

I'll watch all of that stuff eventually.

Oct 22, 2018 8:36 PM
A Piece of Trash

I always intend to watch the anime I put in my PTW. Though admittedly I don't always watch everything in my PTW because I just can't find the motivation to watch some particular ones.

Oct 22, 2018 8:56 PM

I do, however new anime to put on my PTW just keep on piling up. But first, I still need to wipe my on hold list clean.

Oct 22, 2018 9:07 PM

My PTW is more like a up next than "plan" to watch. Anything else I would keep it in my mind.

Oct 22, 2018 9:09 PM

why would i not watch something i added to my **Plan to watch**

Oct 22, 2018 9:21 PM

At first I used it as a "this sounds interesting I'll add it here so I don't forget it" but it's slowly turned into a "will watch eventually, someday, even if it's years from now." Every now and then I clear it out for titles that don't interest me anymore.

Oct 22, 2018 9:22 PM

I generally only add something to my plan to watch list if I have ready access to it. Basically I don't add any series I'm interested in watching but only those I own or have access to in dubbed form on a streaming service I'm subscribed too since this number has increased significantly a while back I no longer even add a lot of them, I also usually don't add sequels to series on my plan to watch list until I've already watched them but that's no longer a hard rule but remains a general policy. These practices help to keep the list from ballooning too much.

Oct 22, 2018 10:13 PM

I actually do use my PTW list fairly effectively; whenever I want to watch a new anime, I go straight to my PTW to choose.
This is why I keep my PTW rather small, as to avoid the worry that I'll never complete all the anime I really want to watch.

Thankfully, it isn't difficult for me to cut down the amount of anime on my PTW. Most anime do not intrigue me these days, and I can usually tell if I'm going to hate something by its art, tags, synopsis, and fanbase.

The only real "issue" with my PTW is that it hardly has any popular, new anime on it. I watch a lot of more niche things. Which makes it more difficult to fit in, even with anime communities. Oh well.
The other issue with my way of doing things is that I may miss out on something I may have enjoyed. But no matter what, I'm going to miss out on things, and I don't want to stress over it too much. In the end, it's just anime, who really cares if I watch it all (I won't).
Modified by HeroicIdealism, Oct 22, 2018 10:18 PM
Life has meaning.
Until real evidence comes out against him, I Stand with Vic.

Oct 22, 2018 10:42 PM

My PTW list used to consist of like 200+ anime, and there was no way I had any intentions to watch them all.. so like a a year ago, I decided to shorten it up (got it down to like 30, now it's back up to 70) and I can confidently say that all the shows on there are shows that I do intend on actually watching.

caught in the wonder

Oct 23, 2018 12:09 AM

No I just have it there for the LOLs cause it fuels me with sexual energy

Oct 23, 2018 12:16 AM
Of course I do. Why would I add them to mg list if I don't intend on watching them?

Oct 23, 2018 12:41 AM
I do, since i haven't to many on my PTW List. Only a few Coming soon Anime.

Oct 23, 2018 4:54 AM

it can be 1 or 10 years ,someday i'll watch some of them.

Oct 24, 2018 4:36 AM

My PTW list consists of anything that caught my attention. Being it a random picture, a short clip or an OP/ED song. I do plan to watch them but I doubt I will ever be able to watch them all. I think I'll be content once my PTW list has less than 200 anime.

MrTripStack said:
I jokingly refer to my PTW as the anime graveyard with friends, but if I marked it as PTW at some point, I was interested enough to want to check it out. I'd like to say that intent to watch them all, but it's gotten a little out of hand and I mostly watch seasonal anime these days anyway.
Out of hand? Then what should I say about my PTW list? Disaster?

mwalimu said:
In theory. everything on my PTW list is something I actually do plan to watch. That said, I seem to have what I suspect is a common problem, which is that I discover and add shows I'd like to watch at about twice the rate that I'm watching them.
The good news is that after a while it will grow at the same rate as your watching speed (which is the case for me right now).

Apr 11, 11:26 AM

i have like 400+ rn and it may be possible to complete all of it, but possibly in the future, if i'm bored or smth i'll be like "oh hey, i'll just watch this" or something along the lines of that. short answer, yes to some extent.

Apr 11, 11:33 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes
i really be out here trying to get a yandere harem so we have a battle royale. still love me yanderes tho 🙏😔

Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Oh damn I hope so, my list keeps getting longer.. Well at least it's not as long as my on-hold list :))

Apr 11, 11:40 AM

Yes I do.

I like how the Anime community acts like a bunch of Commie hippies, "We the Anime community!"

It's just a bunch of different circlejerks who all hate each other and their own kind.

Apr 11, 11:45 AM
I do, or atleast try to, use the PTW list in the way it is intended to be used. I plan to watch all the shows there and have been constantly adding shows that interest me. Every time I want to watch something new, the first thing I do is check my PTW. It might take me forever to get to them all, since it's constantly expanding, but I'm sure I'll be done. One. Fine. Day.

Apr 11, 12:00 PM
Yeah but everytime I finish a series and have room for another I immediatly remember an anime I've been meaning to watch and then I just never get to watch whatever I have dumped on there.

Apr 11, 2:08 PM

Yes. My ptw list isn't even that long, and a lot of anime there are sequels or anime that have not yet aired. To be fair some anime aren't in my ptw list but I know that one day I will eventually watch them...

Apr 11, 2:10 PM
*sips coffee*

Definitely not, lol. I add and remove shit from my PTW all the time. Sometimes it gets up to over 100, and other times I'll go in there and remove 30-40 entries randomly. Most of what I end up watching isn't even on my PTW to begin with. It's fucking weird.

Apr 11, 2:12 PM
Yes, thats why exist the PTW list. Of course that are animes that is in the list for years and gonna stay for many more years but, yeah, I'm want to clear my PTW list

Apr 11, 2:13 PM

Considering I have way more shows on my PTW than I've even seen and the fact that it keeps growing much faster than I can watch shows due to new ones constantly coming out, it's pretty clear I'll never even get to half of them so the answer is no.
I pretty much add anything that I might want to watch some day but I also bookmark shows I want to watch in the near future and those are the ones I'm probably going to get to.

Apr 11, 2:15 PM

i probably wont, but I WILL. yeh that didnt make sense.
zBluee said:
My PTW turned out in some kinda list as "Animes that I will never watch", cuz I never watch animes that I put there... idk I always lose my will to watch them after put there.
does it make sense for u to remove them?
humanity: "everyday we stray further from god"

Apr 11, 2:24 PM

I intend to at least try every anime on my plan to watch list. Which I'm doing by watching 2 episodes of anime everyday fuck my life
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Apr 11, 2:24 PM

It is a list of things I want to try watching. There's only 353 so it's not like it's impossible to watch all of it at the rate I consume anime. I chip away it between seasons usually.
"I am Holo the wisewolf, I know that there are things in this world that I do not know, that is what makes me wise."
-Holo (Spice & Wolf)

Apr 11, 3:27 PM
I wich i did but i just keep posponing shows since i have the dedicaion of a inbeed baboon.

Apr 11, 3:34 PM

No, probably not.
I havent seen my PTW list in years so there's a big chance i dont really want to watch some of them anymore.. mainly the ones i added at the time my account was new.

Apr 11, 3:38 PM

Well, the intention is to get around to watching them, but if I see one that's stays on there too long I'll just remove it. It's more of a "so I don't forget" list.

Apr 11, 6:29 PM

No. I just use mine to tag shows I might be interested in, that way when I'm looking for something to watch I can just scroll through my PTW list.

Apr 11, 6:31 PM

If I plan to spend the rest of my life just watching anime, I'll watch every title I have in my PTW. My PTW are titles that have, somehow, caught my eye in a small way. But I'll probably end up watching around 25-30% of them (as of now)

Did you know every time you sigh,
a little bit of happiness escapes?

Apr 11, 7:00 PM
With my PTW list being just 21 shy of 600, I can guarantee you that I'll barely watch 1/3rd of it. Mainly because I keep finding shit to add that I forget about until it gets brought up again

Apr 12, 12:26 PM

I do. That's why they're on my PTW list.

Apr 12, 12:35 PM
I intend to TRY to watch it. If I don't like the first episode, it is an instant drop

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »