Forum Settings
Forums

Do you actually intend to watch everything you've put in your PTW list?

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Post New Reply
Oct 21, 2018 2:19 PM

NOPE. And I deleted all of them on the other site when MAL was down. Should start deleting those from my list soon.

My PTR is a different story, since it involves $$. Lol

Oct 21, 2018 2:21 PM

My PTW list is insanely long, but I do plan to get around to everything eventually.

Including Detective Conan... though that's being saved for when I 100% have NOTHING better to do with myself.

Oct 21, 2018 2:29 PM

Hell naw.

I mean, they all look like nice to watch but chances are I may not watch em all...lol

Feeling: Happeh
Watching: Inuyasha
Eating: Two eggs w/maple, two hawaiin toasts w/ strawberry jelly & butter
Drinking: Coffee w/ sweet cream & ground cinnamon
Reading: The Wizard's Daughter

Oct 21, 2018 2:49 PM

Yes everything I add will eventually be watched. I actually choose the next anime on my PTW with googles random number generator lol.

Oct 21, 2018 2:59 PM

yes, and it's always getting larger

when will i be done? don't know, but someday

Oct 21, 2018 3:08 PM

I once had a pretty big PTW, I have now watched them all, so I guess I did intend to watch them all. Gotta, gotta, gotta watch em all, gotta watch em all, Otakumon!

Oct 21, 2018 3:08 PM

Damn straight I do.

words words words

This glorious signature made by @Mayumi leads to my
superior reviews! Most Recent: Mirai of the Future!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Isekai peaked in the 90s. The genre has sucked ever since.
There is nothing wrong with liking shounen action anime.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There is always top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG."

Oct 21, 2018 3:12 PM

I don't have my PTW list on here as I keep it in my notepad in my PC but I do intend on watching all the anime on there (127 currently). I'm not the type to watch seasonal shows, plus I prefer to wait till the show is completely or close to finish before I start watching them as I enjoy binge watching shows
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Oct 21, 2018 3:17 PM

When I originally add stuff to my Plan to Watch list, it is with the intent that I will watch it eventually. However, I go through the list every once in a while and clear out any shows that I've changed my mind about and no longer have interest in.

Oct 21, 2018 3:19 PM

Sometimes i'll be feeling it on the day but then it'll disappear but they'll sit there just in case I start to forget the name of em

Credit to Aster-

Oct 21, 2018 3:20 PM

ofc since i always prioritize older shows
humanity: "everyday we stray further from god"

Oct 21, 2018 3:39 PM

Some of the animes on my PTW I actually intended to finish once it's finished airing (mostly seasonal animes) but some are last resort animes for me if I'm struggling to find a good anime to watch

Oct 21, 2018 3:42 PM

Arkab said:
Or you just use it with an "anime I might give a try some day" purpose? Not really wanting to decidedly watch all of them eventually?

I myself use it this way. There is stuff I definitely will check some day, but most of it is just a "maybe" (and my guess is that this is the same for users with like really humongous PTW lists, with over 1k or even 2k titles), so it's highly likely that I will actually never watch some of them I've put there.

What about you?
Do you think using the list this way kind of "kills its spirit" somehow?
Actually yes. Its like, "the ones i am interested the most to watch" for now. Like a to-do list.

Sometimes i might increase the list even if i didn't finished the ones i put originally, "like, hey, i know i want to watch this, but there are these animes i also want to watch more". So yeah, its a never ending to-do list.
Modified by Billthescythe, Oct 21, 2018 3:47 PM

Oct 21, 2018 3:44 PM

I do plan on watching them unless the story gets uninteresting in few episodes.

Oct 21, 2018 4:23 PM

its going to take forever for me, 3 year break + seasonal.

Oct 21, 2018 4:46 PM

I probably will watch some of the stuff on there, but most of it no

Oct 21, 2018 4:49 PM

Not on here but I have a list with like 500 on. Unless they end up in a challenge I'm doing I'll probably never watch them.
Plus I already got 100+ on hold..

Oct 21, 2018 4:52 PM

I keep a seperate list for things I might watch or shows I dropped I might feel like looking at again. Answer to op: yes.

Oct 21, 2018 4:56 PM

Nope
I use my PTW to put together every anime I can end watching someday
And, when I don't know what I'll watch, I see every title until I find something that look interesting at that moment
( English isn't my first language, sorry )

Oct 21, 2018 5:11 PM

I can only hope to watch everything on my PTW list

Oct 21, 2018 5:57 PM

Realistically? Probably not.
I would love to be able to get through a lot of the anime i've missed through the years but things are keeping me preoccupied.

Oct 21, 2018 6:02 PM
I just randomly started adding a few hentai one day
it's long lost its purpose

Oct 21, 2018 6:18 PM

Yes I do, I don't get why you would pay atention to something you wouldn't watch... I watched a lot of shows, my PTW it's really short compared to that.

Oct 21, 2018 7:22 PM

Yeah I want to watch all of the shows on my PTW list.

Oct 21, 2018 7:41 PM

I just put whatever anime i think sounds interesting there so my PTW list is mostly just things i will probably watch one day but maybe not. I would like to watch all of them eventually but I have no idea if i'd actually follow through with that

Tell me, what is this bright side of life that you speak of?

Anime List|Manga List|My Art|AniList

Oct 22, 2018 12:40 AM

Yes several months ago I was going through some shit so I decided I was going to spend basically a whole month working out 24/7 nonstop and that I was gonna watch anime the entire time I did that (I wanted to really get into anime, I was also considering shifting my YouTube Channel's focus to anime). So I went through literally every anime ever made and one by one added anything that looked really good to my list. I started all the way at the beginning of the site's seasonal list which literally starts back in the early 1900s lol and worked my way up to present day. And by the end of that month I watched an absolutely ludicrous amount of anime. Now I'm just making my way through the last third of that list the couple hours a day I'm eating, working out, or waiting around in a line or a lobby. I'll probably finish at some point in 2019 at which point I'll do it all over again for anime movies. After that I guess I'll just be done with anime lol outside watching whatever cool new shows are out each season.

Oct 22, 2018 12:43 AM
Forum Moderator
Forum Janitor*

Definitely not. My ptw is just for shows I'm interested in. I sometimes remove stuff from there I know I'll never watch.

Oct 22, 2018 1:27 AM

i don't know when but i really want to watch all my PTW list.. the time is the problem haha but i really watch it little by little..
月が綺麗ですね ❤️

死んでもいいわ ...

Oct 22, 2018 2:30 AM

Yes. I constantly put stuff on my list and I am very slowly working through it.

Oct 22, 2018 2:41 AM

CatSoul said:
*glances at PTW*

I'll probably never watch Himouto! Umaru-chan. Dunno what I was thinking. Based on the clips I've seen and Demo's review I hate Umaru as a character.
Yeah, but Ebina, Sylphin, and Kirie make up for Umaru being such a shit.

Oct 22, 2018 3:22 AM

I made a clean once a two months approx, I adjust my list to my taste of the moment, so yeah, I want to see all my PTW list

Oct 22, 2018 3:23 AM

I use it for anime I'd like to watch someday... and then when I go to watch a new series, I forget it exists and just go off the list I have on my phone.

It'd be nice if you could sort entries by priority like you can with manga.

Oct 22, 2018 3:41 AM
I use my PTW for stuff, that for some reason at some point piqued my interest and I don't want to forget. I plan to give at least 80-90% of them a shot at some point. Some are deleted from my list, if all initial interest is lost for whatever reason.

Oct 22, 2018 3:57 AM

I jokingly refer to my PTW as the anime graveyard with friends, but if I marked it as PTW at some point, I was interested enough to want to check it out. I'd like to say that intent to watch them all, but it's gotten a little out of hand and I mostly watch seasonal anime these days anyway.

If I do want to start a completed anime, I have another priority PTW list that I keep on my phone that I'll pick from instead, but that list is mostly comprised of sequels I haven't watched yet or anime that aired in the last year or so that I either didn't have time to watch or I initially skipped but friends later told me it was great. Or I just start something randomly that catches my interest at the time without really considering lists.

I'd like to clean up my PTW on MAL eventually.

Oct 22, 2018 5:10 AM
~Vampire Lord~

My PTW list is basically a spot where I put animes that I might be interested in watching in the future. It doesn't mean i'm actually going to watch it. To be honest, I haven't updated my list in like a year or 2 lol. I still have to add a lot anime :(

BeLive is currently looking for affiliates!! Earn a 20% commission for each product sold. Great right? Sign up here today! https://belivestore.com/pages/affiliate-program

Oct 22, 2018 5:23 AM

i hope so lol. there's some anime on my ptw list that i actually had saved in my phone before i even made a mal account, so i hope at some point i can get thru all(most?) of it.

i mean obviously i won't finish everything on there any time soon, but i hope to be able to at least bring the number down a bit during my upcoming winter break.

i feel i'll end up dropping a lot of those anime tho. for most of them, i don't even remember why i wanted to watch them in the first place.

Oct 22, 2018 5:36 AM

In theory. everything on my PTW list is something I actually do plan to watch. That said, I seem to have what I suspect is a common problem, which is that I discover and add shows I'd like to watch at about twice the rate that I'm watching them.
A møøse once bit my sister...

Oct 22, 2018 5:36 AM

i need a second summer break to be able to finish all that, but i'd really like to

you emit a charged autumnal vibe
i know we're of the same tribe
the fall's our most productive season

Oct 22, 2018 5:49 AM

not everything, but most of the things. However, I barely watch any of them

Join the most Mangonificent club!

https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77534

Oct 22, 2018 6:59 AM

yes I do someday
but that day is not today
"I'm alright, because
The warmth on my back
Is from you, protecting me
My bent heart is being straightened out
I feel like I can keep on walking when I see your face
That time, I was able to gather my wishes and jump up
because of your words of encouragement"

Hanamaru◎Andante - Pastel✽Palettes

Oct 22, 2018 7:00 AM

I'd like to watch everything there, but I doubt I will just because it's got over 100 anime on it. Code Geass has been on mine for 4 years. But if it's on there I'll probably get round to watching it/checking it out.

Oct 22, 2018 7:09 AM

Meh, sometimes
when a season has batch of really bad anime or just anime that i don't want to watch i pick something out and watch it, but other times i take a look at it and realized that i don't want to watch this show afterall so i put it on the dropped pile
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR

Oct 22, 2018 7:42 AM

not literally. but i want to cut it at some point bc i can't find shows i want to watch right at this moment

Oct 22, 2018 8:23 AM

I do intend to see everything in my ptw list, but that doesn't mean I'll complete them all.

Oct 22, 2018 8:57 AM
Winged Hussar*

yes i intend to watch them all i guess

Well...
Not like i care
and not like i will...

Oct 22, 2018 9:51 AM

mmmmmayybeee it really depends on my mood, ive been planning on watching at least two of them on holiday
"You're not my dad"

Oct 22, 2018 9:57 AM

Intended purpose is for everything I plan to watch, but some of it may need to be cleared out due to being stuff I meant to watch (but changed) for the 2018 anime challenge...

Oct 22, 2018 10:00 AM
I use it as "anime I might give a try some day", actually I have them in my hard drive, some time ago I hanged out with friends that where anime fans. They have many shows, I kind of just store them in my hard drive waiting for the day that I actually see them. I go slow but I have completed a few.

Some anime like one punch man, or full metal alchemist brotherhood where not actually in my hard drive but I saw them hanging out with another group of friends.

Oct 22, 2018 10:01 AM
Intending to watch everything and actually watching everything are two different things. Yeah, at the moment of adding it to my list I completely intend on watching it. Then I add something else, and something else and everything just gets pushed back. I assume I'll get to everything at some point, it's just a matter of when.

Oct 22, 2018 10:03 AM
If I did watch everything on my PTW, I wouldn't have a life. Not that I have now anyway.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »