Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2018 5:15 AM

Jul 2015
Watched episode 1 and 2 and whilst it's nothing special it's pretty decent def not a 6.6 show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 20, 2018 5:17 AM

Apr 2016
6 stands for "fine", so "nothing special" is fine.

Actually this show may be the first in a very long time to not be overrated or underrated.
Oct 20, 2018 5:23 AM

Jul 2015
Swagernator said:

Actually this show may be the first in a very long time to not be overrated or underrated.

i always saw 7 as fine 8 as good and 9 as amazing seems most of the "fine" shows are 7-7.5

But if that's how other people see the ratings then ok...i guess i should be wondering why some shows are overrated if this is the case.
Oct 20, 2018 5:24 AM
Sep 2017
Swagernator said:

Radiant nothing special ? hahaha if only you knew ...
Oct 20, 2018 5:24 AM

Apr 2016
JugoKun said:
Swagernator said:

And if only you knew who wrote that.
Oct 20, 2018 5:27 AM

Aug 2013
Ryulightorb said:
Swagernator said:

i always saw 7 as fine 8 as good and 9 as amazing seems most of the "fine" shows are 7-7.5

But if that's how other people see the ratings then ok...i guess i should be wondering why some shows are overrated if this is the case.

Mate, 6 on the MAL scale is literally considered "fine". Though one could also presume that as a collective it's also considered above mediocre or something like that. The problem that Radiant has at this point is that it is lacking any major appeal that draws newcomers to the series to continue watching. Unless you're the type who likes the shounen genre almost religiously or know of the source material, you'll be really into it; otherwise, you're gonna have an audience that just see this as something that's just screen filler atm.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 20, 2018 5:33 AM
Sep 2017
Swagernator said:
JugoKun said:

And if only you knew who wrote that.
But i promise you, Radiant is so good he knockout a lot of Japanesse manga in his message, his character development and his morals. Who do you prefer to believe? A guy who is up to date with the original work (chapter 76) or people who have barely seen the 3/4 of the first chapter?
Oct 20, 2018 5:34 AM

Jul 2015
DedPanda said:
Ryulightorb said:

Mate, 6 on the MAL scale is literally considered "fine". Though one could also presume that as a collective it's also considered above mediocre or something like that. The problem that Radiant has at this point is that it is lacking any major appeal that draws newcomers to the series to continue watching. Unless you're the type who likes the shounen genre almost religiously or know of the source material, you'll be really into it; otherwise, you're gonna have an audience that just see this as something that's just screen filler atm.

oh i have actually noticed that shows how much i pay attention my bad.
and fair enough i'm actually quite baffled in all my years i haven't noticed the words next to the numbers.....jesus christ.

All makes sense now yeah i would say it's fairly rated ...though if anything now this just makes me thing a lot of shows are rated too highly but eh it's a collective thing as you said thanks :)
Oct 20, 2018 5:38 AM
Sep 2017
DedPanda said:
Ryulightorb said:

All I do is encourage people to go further than the first chapter, because yes, in addition to VERY BAD adapt the first chapter, the first 3 episodes only fit 3/4 of the 1st chapter. You can believe me, Radiant is very good, afterwards, if people do not know how to perceive the message behind a work, it's not my fault
Oct 20, 2018 5:47 AM

Aug 2013
JugoKun said:
DedPanda said:

All I do is encourage people to go further than the first chapter, because yes, in addition to VERY BAD adapt the first chapter, the first 3 episodes only fit 3/4 of the 1st chapter. You can believe me, Radiant is very good, afterwards, if people do not know how to perceive the message behind a work, it's not my fault

another problem, Radiant has no online translations available that people actually know about
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 20, 2018 10:36 AM
Jul 2015
Will this show be worth it in the long run? The first episode didn't seem good to me.
Oct 20, 2018 11:16 AM
Sep 2017
Stevewonder07 said:
Will this show be worth it in the long run? The first episode didn't seem good to me.
It's perfectly normal, they're a lot differents than in the original manga, the best is to come ! With the Rumble Town arc which is great, Tony Valente spoke about xenophobia, islamophobia, social segregation, and a lot of things like this. In the manga, it's a very mature arc but since it's a "kid" show, i hope they'll not missed this arc :/
Oct 20, 2018 11:56 AM

Apr 2017
I think it's too early to rate the show properly yet, I never do until I'm finished watching. It looks promising.
Oct 20, 2018 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
DedPanda said:
JugoKun said:

another problem, Radiant has no online translations available that people actually know about

There are, but my messages always keep getting removed every damn time I post them.
Oct 20, 2018 2:17 PM

Sep 2017
Because it is garbage,there is not secret mate.
Oct 20, 2018 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
I was wondering the same thing.

I'm really enjoying it, and I don't care about it being different than the Manga, as I have no plans on reading the Manga.

Oct 20, 2018 4:08 PM

Dec 2009
Seiya said:

I'm really enjoying it, and I don't care about it being different than the Manga, as I have no plans on reading the Manga.

It's a bit sad to read that you're not interested in the source material, seeing how the anime so far is such a massive mess/censored clusterfuck with only 3 episodes so far that clearly makes no sense at all. I mean, if you can explain to me where the hell Seth was going at the end of episode 3 then please do tell me, because it makes no fucking sense... yeah searching the Radiant ? Where ?
Why the hell Alma let him go while he can't even defeat a nemesis alone ? (actually he's the one who defeated the nemesis in the manga but, oh well).
At least in the manga Seth goes from one clue to another depending of what he learns from other characters. And he don't go without knowing where to start...
Also who told the Inquisitors about Seth in the pompo hills ? Because Dragunov is the one who's supposed to tell them about Seth and he'll just make his first appearance in the next episode...
Batora07Oct 20, 2018 4:31 PM
Oct 20, 2018 4:16 PM

Nov 2016
I think the score is reasonable in this case, maybe not in relation to other shows, but still ok on it's own.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2018 4:31 PM
Aug 2018
I watched the first episode, It really bored me out, so i quit it.
Oct 20, 2018 4:41 PM

Jun 2014
Batora07 said:
Seiya said:

It's a bit sad to read that you're not interested in the source material, seeing how the anime so far is such a massive mess/censored clusterfuck with only 3 episodes so far that clearly makes no sense at all. I mean, if you can explain to me where the hell Seth was going at the end of episode 3 then please do tell me, because it makes no fucking sense... yeah searching the Radiant ? Where ?
Why the hell Alma let him go while he can't even defeat a nemesis alone ? (actually he's the one who defeated the nemesis in the manga but, oh well).
At least in the manga Seth goes from one clue to another depending of what he learns from other characters. And he don't go without knowing where to start...
Also who told the Inquisitors about Seth in the pompo hills ? Because Dragunov is the one who's supposed to tell them about Seth and he'll just make his first appearance in the next episode...

I understand your concern, but please, let the rest of us enjoy the Anime.

Surely you can agree that it's still better than having no Radiant Anime at all?

Oct 20, 2018 4:50 PM

Aug 2015
Seriously at this point I am tired of sourcefags, crying about every single detail in a ton of shows. The original Stein's Gate didn't cover everything either that was in the VN and still it's one of the highest rated anime on MAL. The baloon scene at the End of Made in Abyss S1, was also anime original. For better or worse their are transitions that are made between source and adaptation, if you like it or not. So you can either stick to being an entitled sourcefag and cry for two seasons now or take the anime for what it is.
Besides Hanebado last season got destroyed way worse compared to the source.
Oct 20, 2018 4:51 PM

Dec 2009
Seiya said:
Batora07 said:

I understand your concern, but please, let the rest of us enjoy the Anime.

Surely you can agree that it's still better than having no Radiant Anime at all?

Of course, I wouldn't have taken notice about the manga if it was not for the announcement about the anime adaptation and I wouldn't have read the 10 volumes in just 4 days without the announcent either. And that's why it deeply hurt me when I see how bad the anime is compared to the manga.
Batora07Oct 20, 2018 5:00 PM
Oct 20, 2018 4:56 PM

Dec 2009
BlueSkylark said:
Seriously at this point I am tired of sourcefags, crying about every single detail in a ton of shows. The original Stein's Gate didn't cover everything either that was in the VN and still it's one of the highest rated anime on MAL. The baloon scene at the End of Made in Abyss S1, was also anime original. For better or worse their are transitions that are made between source and adaptation, if you like it or not. So you can either stick to being an entitled sourcefag and cry for two seasons now or take the anime for what it is.
Besides Hanebado last season got destroyed way worse compared to the source.

I don't know about Hanebado, but about Steins;Gate I read the VN first and still found the anime awesome, and I really consider myself as a Steins;Gate source fag because it's one of my favorite VN, same for Made In Abyss even if I discovered the manga after the anime. So to me your examples aren't valid points.

But at this point in time Radiant anime is really bad, the plot don't make any sense to me so far even taking it apart from the source material, it doesn't make sense as a standalone viewpoint :
- Seth leaving to find the Radiant without any clue to where to start, but he just goes who knows where,
- Alma who let him go even ih he's unable to take down a nemesis alone,, it also makes no sense because she just kept him with her at first because she suffers amnesia, yet she let him go while still haven't succeded in retrieving her memory,
- he just faints after a quick use of fantasia, yet every infected person should just have the same abilities regarding fantasia (from what the anime showed to us regardless from the manga)
- Inquisition already konws about Seth even if no one told them about...),
- The bravery quartet's plot is resolved, in like, 2 seconds.

there is already too much irredeamable inconsistencies with just 3 episodes.

Also the filler materials they already put in those first 3 episodes is a proof that Lerche has no idea what Fantasia is about, because they already contradict statements from 8th volume and they were supposed to get advices from Tony Valente (who definitely gave those infos to them since he was acting as a consultant) so that's also a proof they don't gave too much attention to his notes.
Batora07Oct 20, 2018 5:34 PM
Oct 20, 2018 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
JugoKun said:
But i promise you, Radiant is so good he knockout a lot of Japanesse manga in his message, his character development and his morals. Who do you prefer to believe? A guy who is up to date with the original work (chapter 76) or people who have barely seen the 3/4 of the first chapter?

I'm really curious. Could you spoiler me a little bit about the themes / message or anything? ^^ Maybe in a private message or spoiler tag, however.
Oct 22, 2018 11:24 AM
May 2008
I believe this show is bad after watching the first 3 episodes. It seems like it tries to be One Piece yet fails on many ends.

Like the people in the show absolutely suck. Not the MC but the antogonists(which just been introduced) and the background characters/townspeople. They are hating people who protect the world from danger for no reason and there is apparently a government sponsored witch hunt too.

The motivations of everyone is severely lacking. People might blame the adaptation but it's probably actually the originally source that's missing such details. Plenty of shorter animes adapted from longer sources are great. I'm sure it gets better as the story goes on, because it gives the story more time to retroactively place details that were missing in the beginning. But it's still bad. The story now has to play catch up, and I'm sure there will be plot holes that will be missed because of it too. That's the issue with stories that miss details in the beginning. For example. The motivations for townspeople hating mages will always be lacking.
Oct 22, 2018 11:50 AM

Dec 2009
different said:
I believe this show is bad after watching the first 3 episodes. It seems like it tries to be One Piece yet fails on many ends.

Like the people in the show absolutely suck. Not the MC but the antogonists(which just been introduced) and the background characters/townspeople. They are hating people who protect the world from danger for no reason and there is apparently a government sponsored witch hunt too.

The motivations of everyone is severely lacking. People might blame the adaptation but it's probably actually the originally source that's missing such details. Plenty of shorter animes adapted from longer sources are great. I'm sure it gets better as the story goes on, because it gives the story more time to retroactively place details that were missing in the beginning. But it's still bad. The story now has to play catch up, and I'm sure there will be plot holes that will be missed because of it too. That's the issue with stories that miss details in the beginning. For example. The motivations for townspeople hating mages will always be lacking.

Actually the Bravely Quartet in the manga is really way more cruel, they crippled the town folk and tried to kill Seth. This was a glimpse right in the first chapter at why the Inquisition was set in the first place and why they are still active, because not all sorcerers are "good", and they don't kill nemesis because they are fundamentally good, they do it as a job for money. Also later on, the "enemies" are way more developped but you'll have to wait at least ep 10 or 11 before it will adapt manga volume 2 at this point :/ Also there isn't much motivations needed for peasants to hate, just like in real life xenophobia is everywhere and especially in rural area with not much education, fearing what they can't understand is totally human and if you don't understand why they can go so far, just think about real life inquisition and witch hunt, people were dumb because of their absolute faith and because of their lack of knowledge. Also the anime really failed to show how cruel really was the Bravely Quartet and it was really counterproductive to show to the viewer why the people don't like sorcerers (that and also because they have physical infections that can sometimes be pretty hard to live, just imagine Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame as a sorcerer, yeah it's pretty creepy right ?).
Batora07Oct 22, 2018 11:55 AM
Oct 22, 2018 12:45 PM
Sep 2017
different said:

No really, this manga is fuckin good, just like this
I've read the 10th volumes in France, and it's very good, no scenaristic problemes, no character problems ...
Oct 22, 2018 4:55 PM
May 2008
Batora07 said:

Actually the Bravely Quartet in the manga is really way more cruel, they crippled the town folk and tried to kill Seth. This was a glimpse right in the first chapter at why the Inquisition was set in the first place and why they are still active, because not all sorcerers are "good", and they don't kill nemesis because they are fundamentally good, they do it as a job for money. Also later on, the "enemies" are way more developped but you'll have to wait at least ep 10 or 11 before it will adapt manga volume 2 at this point :/ Also there isn't much motivations needed for peasants to hate, just like in real life xenophobia is everywhere and especially in rural area with not much education, fearing what they can't understand is totally human and if you don't understand why they can go so far, just think about real life inquisition and witch hunt, people were dumb because of their absolute faith and because of their lack of knowledge. Also the anime really failed to show how cruel really was the Bravely Quartet and it was really counterproductive to show to the viewer why the people don't like sorcerers (that and also because they have physical infections that can sometimes be pretty hard to live, just imagine Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame as a sorcerer, yeah it's pretty creepy right ?).

It's a very difficult subject that I feel the story doesn't portray properly. Many stories try to express racism/xenophobia/sexism in this way and yet fail to do so well. It's the authors lack of understanding of why racism exists. They only understand the immature concept and not the actual motivations. It doesn't exist simply because "people are different". Police don't single out certain people simply because "they are different".

It exists because people experience problems in life, and those problems are believed to be the fault of people different from them. That if they eliminated everyone different from themselves that their problems would then disappear. That also the people who are the targets of their hatred are seen to be contributing too little to fix their problems. Not only do they not help, there are bad ones actively making things worse.

In the story's context it would have been much better if the mages weren't powerful enough to destroy the Nemesis. That it was always the duty of the army/soldiers to eliminate the nemesis. That people like Seth are a constant problem in ignorant and sometimes accidental destruction of property. And perhaps it's an open secret/rumor that Nemsis are actually mages who give into destructive impulses and the inquisition understands this. So mages are not only practically useless in helping they actively cause problems simply existing.

They could leave Seth above average in power in this circumstance, the general mages should be about the level of the solider though including Alma. Which should also be just above the strength of a townsperson. Just like how a martial artist is stronger than a regular person in reality, and a weightlifter is also stronger than a regular person. But a martial artist could beat a weightlifter.

The Bravery Quartet is fine their motivations were listed well. They have been neglected, hated, and abused their whole life, their strength was actually perfect too. Not strong enough to take care of a Nemesis, but strong enough to rob a bank. They were perhaps the most perfect characters introduced. Though it is stupid for the townspeople to be able to believe in their strength to defeat the Nemesis and for them to show up as "heroes".

I understand why people like this story. But it's a bad story. People enjoy bad stories from time to time. It's like junk food.
Oct 22, 2018 5:04 PM

Dec 2009
different said:
Batora07 said:

It's a very difficult subject that I feel the story doesn't portray properly. Many stories try to express racism/xenophobia/sexism in this way and yet fail to do so well. It's the authors lack of understanding of why racism exists. They only understand the immature concept and not the actual motivations. It doesn't exist simply because "people are different". Police don't single out certain people simply because "they are different".

It exists because people experience problems in life, and those problems are believed to be the fault of people different from them. That if they eliminated everyone different from themselves that their problems would then disappear. That also the people who are the targets of their hatred are seen to be contributing too little to fix their problems. Not only do they not help, there are bad ones actively making things worse.

In the story's context it would have been much better if the mages weren't powerful enough to destroy the Nemesis. That it was always the duty of the army/soldiers to eliminate the nemesis. That people like Seth are a constant problem in ignorant and sometimes accidental destruction of property. And perhaps it's an open secret/rumor that Nemsis are actually mages who give into destructive impulses and the inquisition understands this. So mages are not only practically useless in helping they actively cause problems simply existing.

They could leave Seth above average in power in this circumstance, the general mages should be about the level of the solider though including Alma. Which should also be just above the strength of a townsperson. Just like how a martial artist is stronger than a regular person in reality, and a weightlifter is also stronger than a regular person. But a martial artist could beat a weightlifter.

The Bravery Quartet is fine their motivations were listed well. They have been neglected, hated, and abused their whole life, their strength was actually perfect too. Not strong enough to take care of a Nemesis, but strong enough to rob a bank. They were perhaps the most perfect characters introduced. Though it is stupid for the townspeople to be able to believe in their strength to defeat the Nemesis and for them to show up as "heroes".

I understand why people like this story. But it's a bad story. People enjoy bad stories from time to time. It's like junk food.

Well all you said was really interesting, and I agree with most of it, too bad your ending point was that condescending (comparing Radiant to Junk food... haha wow).
Batora07Oct 23, 2018 12:33 AM
Oct 22, 2018 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
I am a bit iffy on the anime vs the source. A lot of people seem to be claiming the source is better, but I don't see it. To me the source explains a bit more where the anime doesn't which is good, but there is far more crap in the source that is just stupid. Like Seth punching a cow or tying up two children. The main character comes off as a total idiot in the source. Not a big fan of that.

I like the anime better where he was showing off his powers and accidentally caused chaos. But the source he punches a cow. Like seriously? He thought it was a nemesis. Even if you never seen a nemesis before, Alma even pointed out the cow on the milk carton so he has seen a cow before.

So in my opinion, the anime does it better in some regards, though I do wish they wouldn't skip on important information. But maybe they have something else in mind to explain it all in a similar but different way.

edit: Oh do keep in mind, I have not read all of the source, only up to maybe the second episode of the anime and now reading more. So my comment is only based on a small portion so far.
MarchinBunnyOct 22, 2018 5:19 PM
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Oct 22, 2018 5:38 PM

Feb 2008
Ok, having read more. I for sure like the way the anime is doing it more. Because the way the source seems to set things up is like Seth randomly becoming somewhat competent. It just doesn't make sense. You are telling me a kid who mistook a cow for a nemesis ... comes up with a reasonable plan to go after the source? What? The same kid who tied up children decided it was wrong to use powers on them to make them forget a specific detail?

Even Alma punches him in the head and says why are you only now starting to use your brain? Like no kidding Alma, I agree. WTH. XD

I assume the cahnged the anime as they did because they also saw how nonsensical the main character in in the source material to start with. I also heard it's only the first 5 eps that are really changed and the rest isn't changed much.So it to me sounds like they are just trying to fix an already bad start to a story as best as they can XD.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Oct 22, 2018 5:45 PM

Oct 2018
@Batora07 please stop antagonizing people who have a different opinion, you're coming off as being "more royalist than the king" here. People are entitled to their beliefs.

@different You're putting forward interesting ideas here ! However, the hypotheses you put forward would end up turning the story in, well, another story. I'm going to give away some stuff here, so I'll put it all under different spoiler cuts depending on the intensity of the spoiler

Oct 23, 2018 12:55 AM

Apr 2013
This is how the MAL average rating scale works:

The absolute best-rated shows are 8.5 or higher (these are the top 100 shows).

Shows rated 8-8.5 are really good (top 500 shows).

Shows rated 7.8-8.0 are good but not very popular, or popular but not very good (top 900 shows).

Shows rated 7.5-7.8 are okay or good but niche (top 1,700 shows)

Shows rated 7.4-7.5 are either below average or good but obscure (top 2,500 shows)

Shows rated 7.0-7.4 are bad and many people know it, okay and have less than 100k members, or good and have less than 10,000 members. (top 3,650 shows)

Shows rated below 7.0 are completely atrocious garbage or have 1,000-5,000 members, or are otherwise known by nobody.

6.0-7.0 are shows that are just unknown or really bad mainstream stuff.

5.0-6.0 are unknown shows.

Shows rated below 4 are complete garbage and everybody knows it. This includes anything made by Idea Factory.
Oct 23, 2018 5:56 AM

Sep 2014
Fall said:

Shows rated 7.4-7.5 are either below average or good but obscure (top 2,500 shows)

Shows rated 7.0-7.4 are bad and many people know it, okay and have less than 100k members, or good and have less than 10,000 members. (top 3,650 shows)

Shows rated below 7.0 are completely atrocious garbage or have 1,000-5,000 members, or are otherwise known by nobody.

6.0-7.0 are shows that are just unknown or really bad mainstream stuff.

6.00 to 7.50 is very tricky. There are both atrocious garbage and hidden gem regardless of the popularity of the show. The only thing this rating can tell is that it's generally not anime that cater to the mainstream audience except for well-known mediocre series.

And yes. People who think 6.00 mean fine don't understand statistics.
Oct 23, 2018 7:46 AM

May 2009
Derykasd said:
but 6.6 on this website is like "pure garbage"

Exactly MAL uses vidya games rating scale
Oct 23, 2018 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
I just watched the first episode
There is a lot of annoying elements in there

I usually rate stuff high, if it pleases me. But this time with radiant

I'm seeing an MC blurting out all the generic lines that you would see in every shounen possible.
The animation is nothing special. But the art definitely looks really great.
Fighting wise... Nothing much in there.

Here are the minus points:
-1 fpr generic lines - some are OK, but if you try to bunch them all up... it gives something that is garbage.

-1 for screaming MC.
-1 for weak ally

-1 I'm not seeing that the MC is anything special - no dark background - nothing happened to him except that sole event that sorcerers are despised. Why did he come up to that purpose that he wants to beat all the nemesis?

-3 Not enough fight/OPness/Training
-1 Random Naruto Elements incorporated - I love Naruto it's even one of my favs. But don't show me that stuff without purpose.

Plus point
+1 There are some real nice drawings there. I can't deny that
Oct 23, 2018 8:31 AM

May 2012
Ryulightorb said:
Watched episode 1 and 2 and whilst it's nothing special it's pretty decent def not a 6.6 show.

3rd episode is even better

I think the show deserve around ~6.8 to 7.0 so far. But it probably get better (there is still 18 episodes left)
Oct 23, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
6.5-7.0 is slightly above average and I think that score is fine for now.

Right now the story has just been the one of your standard battle shonen With some small things to differenciate itself. The best thing right now has been the Animation. I don't know what happens later but if it really gets better The score will rise in no time.
GokaiKingOct 23, 2018 8:56 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2018 10:25 AM
Sep 2017
RandomFacepalm said:

I'm seeing an MC blurting out all the generic lines that you would see in every shounen possible.

-1 fpr generic lines - some are OK, but if you try to bunch them all up... it gives something that is garbage.

-1 for screaming MC.
-1 for weak ally

-1 I'm not seeing that the MC is anything special - no dark background - nothing happened to him except that sole event that sorcerers are despised. Why did he come up to that purpose that he wants to beat all the nemesis?

-1 Random Naruto Elements incorporated - I love Naruto it's even one of my favs. But don't show me that stuff without purpose.

Plus point

So, there is my scale for Radiant as a manga reader

Plus point :
+ 1 : Great draw
+3 : Strong messages about : xenophobia, islamophobia, ecology, racism, capitalism, government manipulation
+2 : Strong and deeps characters devlopment : the autor don't hesistate to kill important characters to allow to the mc to grew up
+ 2 : The mc evolution : the mc grow up during the all of the story, he has matured, the Seth from the 1st volume is not the same that the Seth from the 10th volume. Seth never wanna be the best sorcerer, he just want to destroy the Radiant so that nobody get ever killed by a Nemesis since at Rumble Town, he saw a lot of apocalypse scenes. Seth has a real psychological and physic evolution
+ 1 : The mc who have a mysterious and dark past

Minus point :
- 1 : The too fast introduction may be ?
Oct 23, 2018 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
JugoKun said:
RandomFacepalm said:

-1 for screaming MC.
-1 for weak ally

Plus point

Plus point :
+3 : Strong messages about : xenophobia, islamophobia, ecology, racism, capitalism, government manipulation
+2 : Strong and deeps characters devlopment : the autor don't hesistate to kill important characters to allow to the mc to grew up
+ 2 : The mc evolution : the mc grow up during the all of the story, he has matured, the Seth from the 1st volume is not the same that the Seth from the 10th volume. Seth never wanna be the best sorcerer, he just want to destroy the Radiant so that nobody get ever killed by a Nemesis since at Rumble Town, he saw a lot of apocalypse scenes. Seth has a real psychological and physic evolution

Minus point :

Interesting... I might give the manga a shot then. I'm more of a manga reader anyway
Oct 23, 2018 11:49 AM
Sep 2017
RandomFacepalm said:
JugoKun said:

Plus point :

Minus point :

Interesting... I might give the manga a shot then. I'm more of a manga reader anyway
A friend is actually translating the volume 2 in english, you can read the vol 1 and the beginning of the vol 2 here : http://mangakakalot.com/manga/radiant
Oct 23, 2018 12:12 PM

Nov 2015
Take ratings on MAL with a grain of salt lol

Oct 23, 2018 12:32 PM

May 2018
People who read the manga are upset because the manga is a solid 8/10 at least. I think the ratings will go up to at least a seven over the course of the season. For people who haven't read the manga and feel like this has been really generic shonen, bear in mind That the first 2 episodes and the beginning of the third are based on just the first chapter (albeit a 98 page one). Often extra long first chapters of manga meant to get readers acclimated and engaged in 1 issue don't translate well to anime (my favorite example being the ridiculously long first chapter of Berserk which was heavily truncated for the 1997 adaptation). I'm not French, but I've read all of radiant, google translating line by line...and I can say it's easily one of the better battle shonen. And seeing people write it off is saddening, I think I speak for all the manga readers when I say that.
Oct 23, 2018 12:39 PM

Jan 2014
I only watched the first episode and thought it was the next Black Clover. So 6.6 is quite fitting.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 23, 2018 12:46 PM

Dec 2009
QueenNyx said:
People who read the manga are upset because the manga is a solid 8/10 at least. I think the ratings will go up to at least a seven over the course of the season. For people who haven't read the manga and feel like this has been really generic shonen, bear in mind That the first 2 episodes and the beginning of the third are based on just the first chapter (albeit a 98 page one). Often extra long first chapters of manga meant to get readers acclimated and engaged in 1 issue don't translate well to anime (my favorite example being the ridiculously long first chapter of Berserk which was heavily truncated for the 1997 adaptation). I'm not French, but I've read all of radiant, google translating line by line...and I can say it's easily one of the better battle shonen. And seeing people write it off is saddening, I think I speak for all the manga readers when I say that.

I completely agree with this. Also wow it's impressive to see that much dedication to read a manga !

Afloo said:
6.5-7.0 is slightly above average and I think that score is fine for now.

Right now the story has just been the one of your standard battle shonen With some small things to differenciate itself. The best thing right now has been the Animation. I don't know what happens later but if it really gets better The score will rise in no time.

This is also completely true.
Oct 23, 2018 12:52 PM

May 2018
Batora07

Thanks, it was an adventure
Oct 23, 2018 12:57 PM

Dec 2009
QueenNyx said:
Batora07

Thanks, it was an adventure

You've read up until the last volume currently released ?
Oct 23, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2018
I've read through volume 9
Oct 23, 2018 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
QueenNyx said:
I've read through volume 9

Nice ! I hope you'll enjoy volume 10, it's so good :O
Nov 2, 2018 3:00 PM
Sep 2017
MarchinBunny said:
I am a bit iffy on the anime vs the source. A lot of people seem to be claiming the source is better, but I don't see it. To me the source explains a bit more where the anime doesn't which is good, but there is far more crap in the source that is just stupid. Like Seth punching a cow or tying up two children. The main character comes off as a total idiot in the source. Not a big fan of that.

I like the anime better where he was showing off his powers and accidentally caused chaos. But the source he punches a cow. Like seriously? He thought it was a nemesis. Even if you never seen a nemesis before, Alma even pointed out the cow on the milk carton so he has seen a cow before.

So in my opinion, the anime does it better in some regards, though I do wish they wouldn't skip on important information. But maybe they have something else in mind to explain it all in a similar but different way.

edit: Oh do keep in mind, I have not read all of the source, only up to maybe the second episode of the anime and now reading more. So my comment is only based on a small portion so far.
I prefer the manga because the message is more present from the beginning. I mean, Seth already question himself on his actions, if he is right or wrong three time in the 3 firsts chapters. The message were more presents, thanks to this you sa it was more depth that it seems to be. It's very well thought from Tony Valente. But here, I don't find myself in this adaptation, all I founded well thought and ploted was not in this adaptation , and Tony too at the beginning. But, i'll wait for Rumble Town, Tony seem to be enthousiast for it, so i trust him ^^ even if this first part is bad for me
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

52 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

71 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.