Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Boarding School Juliet
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 20, 2018 12:05 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I love this anime! Story might sound cliché, but in my opinion it's really anime fans on MAL that are cliché and all the same masses. This is overshadowed so much by stuff like Bunny Girl and Zombieland Saga, it's barely getting any attention or talk. I wish people would try this out, every episode has me smiling and the action is way better than expected. Just the first minute of the first episode had me pumped and eager to see more. I'm not complaining about the score, since I don't care, but I think this belongs here. It's good for anime like this to be entitled to these "underrated" forum topics so people could easily more spot a gem.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 20, 2018 6:04 AM
Jul 2017
I agree to a certain extent. Its generic but it really does a good job of doing that. The characters are well written and you can tell every frame had lots of blood and sweat put into them. Animation is crisp. Art is something refreshing and the colours are so bright. The relationship between the MCs are sweet and cute. The introduction of Tyrant Hime in ep 3 is really well done as well. But at the moment, this anime is at a good place rating-wise. Nothing in particular has happen and until that happens, the rating won't change. I still think the rating should be slightly higher tho. Like 7.6
Oct 20, 2018 6:13 AM

Mar 2016
As a manga reader, I’ll say this. Well it’s that the story goes by the formula of a school rom-com. Nothing totally original. However, it’s well executed imo, and it’s just fun and easy to read how perucia and inuzuka’s relationship progresses, the development of the characters, atmosphere, and most importantly the cute moments. Inuzuka is a likable character. He’s such a tough hot headed punk leader but becomes so pure when he’s with Perucia that it’s hilarious. The drama is not very heavy (at least to where I’m caught up) and is balanced out by the comedy which I like since this is a modern rom-com take on Romeo and Juliet. It’s just fun.
Shishou_23Oct 20, 2018 6:18 AM
Oct 20, 2018 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
The more anime with fetishes is underrated, the better.
Oct 20, 2018 8:16 AM
Dec 2017
show is too underated, the story maybe generic but the visual, animation is great
Oct 20, 2018 8:25 AM
Jun 2016
The anime storyis a bit too generic...but I like the additional bit about there being a feud, with bonus points for tibeing between two countries.

And it does leave me smiling all the time, and hoping our two MC's end up together forever.

Too bad it's getting the underated tag.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Oct 20, 2018 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
True! It's saddening too cause it's very rare to see an anime relationship where the two people actually BOTH put work in the relationship, instead of one doing all the work and the other being dense.
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Oct 20, 2018 4:55 PM

Mar 2009
I'm cliche? Weirdest insult I've ever heard.

I like this show, personally. It's not the best show of the season, but it definitely defied my expectations.
Oct 20, 2018 5:02 PM

Nov 2016
I gotta say that it's surprisingly good so far, didn't expect that after not caring so much for the one shot. Still think that the average score doesn't have to be higher than this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2018 3:03 AM
Sep 2018
iamYuyaSakaki said:
I love this anime! Story might sound cliché, but in my opinion it's really anime fans on MAL that are cliché and all the same masses. This is overshadowed so much by stuff like Bunny Girl and Zombieland Saga, it's barely getting any attention or talk. I wish people would try this out, every episode has me smiling and the action is way better than expected. Just the first minute of the first episode had me pumped and eager to see more. I'm not complaining about the score, since I don't care, but I think this belongs here. It's good for anime like this to be entitled to these "underrated" forum topics so people could easily more spot a gem.

The problem with cliches is that it's all something people have seen before, often done better. When I see a blatant cliche after cliche in an anime it gives the impression that the author isn't trying. Another reason why people don't talk about this show is that there's nothing much to talk about. Looking at the discussions it's all about who's the best girl and which moments cutest, while because Bunny Girl has a point and both it and Zombieland have something that separates them as different for people to want to and to talk about. The kind of people who are likely to be watching this kind of show is probably already watching it or planning to, so I don't think it's likely to get more popular if people start watching it - if anything they're more likely to be hating on it instead. Also, the first scene isn't really that good: they can't even be bothered to draw all the faces in the first frame and that automatically turned me off. Although it's not that bad, I think to call it a 'gem is a bit too much considering I find myself laughing at the anime more times than I'm laughing with it.
Oct 23, 2018 3:55 AM

Mar 2016
DumpsterKing said:
iamYuyaSakaki said:

The problem with cliches is that it's all something people have seen before, often done better. When I see a blatant cliche after cliche in an anime it gives the impression that the author isn't trying. Another reason why people don't talk about this show is that there's nothing much to talk about. Looking at the discussions it's all about who's the best girl and which moments cutest, while because Bunny Girl has a point and both it and Zombieland have something that separates them as different for people to want to and to talk about. The kind of people who are likely to be watching this kind of show is probably already watching it or planning to, so I don't think it's likely to get more popular if people start watching it - if anything they're more likely to be hating on it instead. Also, the first scene isn't really that good: they can't even be bothered to draw all the faces in the first frame and that automatically turned me off. Although it's not that bad, I think to call it a 'gem is a bit too much considering I find myself laughing at the anime more times than I'm laughing with it.

Well, how you perceive cliches is different from one person to another. When I started the manga, I thought it had its cliches. However, it compensates it with good execution, lots of cute moments, good comedy (subjective I know), and offering a small twist to the rom com by virtue of being a modern take on Romeo and Juliet where you have the (forbidden) couple established from the beginning which is actually unlike many anime. many slice of life are mundane with nothing to talk about within them (“no point” as you say) except the characters themselves, and that’s the selling point. Like daily lives of high school boys has no point. It’s a bunch of boys screwing around and going about their high school life, but it easily made my favorite list. Your comparison with bunny girl doesn’t work completely IMO cause bunny girl has a series of arcs with each dealing with a self contained supernatural plot while Kishuku Gakkou no juliet is about the daily progress of the relationship between the 2 mains. You watch them go about their relationship and their shenanigans. Yes, it’s that simple, that’s what i think you were aiming for to say instead of “nothing” or “there being a point”, but from my perspective, that simple is fun to read especially with how it’s executed. Sometimes, you can find joy in the simplest of things.
Shishou_23Oct 23, 2018 4:00 AM
Oct 23, 2018 4:07 AM
Sep 2018
DragonSlayer_19 said:
DumpsterKing said:

Well, how you perceive cliches is different from one person to another. When I started the manga, I thought it had its cliches. However, it compensates it with good execution, lots of cute moments, good comedy (subjective I know), and offering a small twist to the rom com by virtue of being a modern take on Romeo and Juliet where you have the (forbidden) couple established from the beginning which is actually unlike many anime. many slice of life are mundane with nothing to talk about within them (“no point” as you say) except the characters themselves, and that’s the selling point. Like daily lives of high school boys has no point. It’s a bunch of boys screwing around and going about their high school life, but it easily made my favorite list. Your comparison with bunny girl doesn’t work completely IMO cause bunny girl has a series of arcs with each dealing with a self contained supernatural plot while Kishuku Gakkou no juliet is about the daily progress of the relationship between the 2 mains. You watch them go about their relationship and their shenanigans. Yes, it’s that simple, that’s what i think you were aiming for to say instead of “nothing” or “there being a point”, but from my perspective, that simple is fun to read especially with how it’s executed. Sometimes, you can find joy in the simplest of things.

I get that, for instance, I really like High Scool of the Dead because of how much fun it is even if I prefer more intelligent anime. My point is that kind of fun isn't for most people and try to get the OP to understand why people would rate it a 6 or below. Simply put it's not my kind of fun. IMO if this show went all in on it's comedy aspects and didn't take itself as seriously as it occasionally does it would be easier to accept it as fun.
Oct 23, 2018 4:10 AM

May 2012
Underrated when it has score 7.47 ?! You got be joking. The show is not that good

I did not like the 1st two episode. 3rd episode was much better but it is still slightly above average. It overrated, not underrated

Also, you mentioned Bunny Girl. That show is insanely overrated. And Zombieland Saga is shit

Oct 24, 2018 8:40 AM

Apr 2018
The score itself is pretty fitting but it surely is when we compare its score to the scores that other anime from this season are getting
Oct 24, 2018 9:15 AM

Mar 2018
meehh it fine thb..
吃屁股
Oct 24, 2018 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
As a fan of romcoms in general, this is trending toward being one of the better ones I've seen in quite awhile. I think the score is fine for now, though I don't rate stuff until it's finished.
Oct 25, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
For a run of the mill romcom with cardboard cutouts of cute girls disguised as characters and average to meh animation I'd say that a 7.5 is quite generous and undeserving.
Oct 26, 2018 3:02 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
If the new girls coming up are as good as Persia, you won't be disappointed.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 26, 2018 6:46 AM

Dec 2013
iamYuyaSakaki said:
Looking at the discussions it's all about who's the best girl and which moments cutest, while because Bunny Girl has a point and both it and Zombieland have something that separates them as different for people to want to and to talk about.

Bunny has what? Huh, to me it just looks like average Monogatari Series rip-off, and there's honestly nothing to talk about except your usual "whos the best girl".
Yeah, it has some supernatural stuff but it's executed rather poorly imho. After 4 eps, I don't really know where it all came from while Monogatari already gives you a good idea around that time (~4-5 eps).

If anything, this is not underrated. Bunny is overrated. Simple as that.

PS: I really don't think that "having a point" is related to social media crap etc.
People will jump on any edgy stuff like Goblin Slayer just 'cause it's supposed to have rape scenes (meh).
Story itself is rather not interesting.
Kamiyan3991Oct 26, 2018 6:51 AM
Oct 26, 2018 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
I personally enjoy a series a lot so far, so I can agree to this. I think it's because of the pacing of the events, especially within each episode. Other than that, the story, while pretty predictable, is still very nice, especially since the two main characters don't just talk about liking each other, but WHY they like each other.
Oct 26, 2018 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
I think the main reason is because the anime on the surface feels like children show. Echhi is minimal and the censorship is very strong. Everyone who watches room com nowadays came from lucky novel adaptation which is usually borderline hentai. Seeing a non nudity maybe a put off for many casuals. Nothing sad actually happens in this. I like theses kinds of shows but it's not for the masses.
Oct 29, 2018 1:51 AM

May 2017
It's certainly a good anime and I think that the score of 7.5, which it currently has is perfect, thought I do think that bunny girl senpai should have a score of around 7.7-7.9.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2018 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
The truth is I'm getting tired of the same "Japanese guy falls in love with the beautiful blond blue eyed foreign girl and the dark haired girl has no chance at all"-formula.
Nov 5, 2018 11:53 AM

May 2009
Made-In-Heaven said:
The truth is I'm getting tired of the same "Japanese guy falls in love with the beautiful blond blue eyed foreign girl and the dark haired girl has no chance at all"-formula.

Hasuki isn't relevant at all, all girls beside Juliet are just fanservice. Hasuki had her chance for years and she didn't do a shit.
Nov 6, 2018 5:03 AM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

Hasuki isn't relevant at all, all girls beside Juliet are just fanservice. Hasuki had her chance for years and she didn't do a shit.

I don't see the problem with that though? It's not like teenagers are love experts who don't do any mistakes. Then again, in anime when you fail to confess your chances to be with that person are forever gone... Or maybe I'm getting annoyed of the same old "She had her chances!"-cliche they love to include in every romcom to justify why the second lead has no chances at all but still waste no time to still include her for the drama part.
My point is I don't see how an anime that uses the same old tropes is "underrated". It doesn't do anything new and the characters are not very interesting either. That Barbie is the typical trophy wife so I can see why many anime fans ignore this series.
removed-userNov 6, 2018 5:06 AM
Nov 6, 2018 6:45 AM

May 2009
Made-In-Heaven said:
My point is I don't see how an anime that uses the same old tropes is "underrated". It doesn't do anything new and the characters are not very interesting either. That Barbie is the typical trophy wife so I can see why many anime fans ignore this series.

Probably, but unlike OP, I don't care if series is popular/overrated/underrated and unlike you I don't expect anything new from any anime.
Nov 6, 2018 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

Probably, but unlike OP, I don't care if series is popular/overrated/underrated and unlike you I don't expect anything new from any anime.

Good for you? Op called it underrated and I gave them a possible explanation why this could be the case.
removed-userNov 6, 2018 9:08 AM
Nov 9, 2018 7:56 AM

Oct 2018
Not that much, around 7.5 seems fine for this. It just, so many overrated anime now.
See how those poorly directed anime rated 8 easily. You can't trust rating anymore, since there's huge viewers difference between popular and unpopular series.
Nov 9, 2018 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
I was actually surprised by how nice this anime is! I thought it'll be another harem anime just from judging the characters, but I love how easy-going this anime is despite having the usual rivalry-to-romance plot. It's not the new kind of story line at all, but I find it interesting.
Nov 13, 2018 4:37 PM

Mar 2018
Obscurity is always preferable for Shows specific for a Nich audience and Ratings in mal are not objective, neither are the reviews, if you want that, go to an other site but i doubt there is One specific for anime.
Nov 14, 2018 9:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Dont agree, it is not overrrated, it is just borderline acceptable harem tropes done just well enough to be fun, just that.
Like any romcom it has its moments but some scenes are rather of the kind "seem X many times better done".
If you would watch this along side most romcom you would get tired of this more easily.

I think the current rating on MAL is appropriated.
The only thing that the anime really excells is in the design of characters that is rather great, take that way and you can easily see they could have done better with it, maybe a better execution, or just a story that gripped you more.
Average romcoms have their place, and this is one of them, it is enjoyable enough to warrant it a low 8, around 7.5-7.9 at best so far.

Made-In-Heaven said:

I would be too, but for me it keeps working since I like to watch alot of different stuff at the same time, and I was missing some decent romcom, if I had just finished some romcom and progressed to this I will immediatly stop watching, for most genres, after you watching too much, you need a break of said genre, to come to appreciate it again (for average shows that is).
PlaycoolNov 14, 2018 9:30 AM
Nov 17, 2018 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
The score and ranking is just good enough for the series.
Nov 18, 2018 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
Mostly underrated shows are better. This anime really need more attention.
Nov 18, 2018 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
It's pretty funny and one of my favorite feel good series for this season.
臭い-
May 13, 2020 3:52 PM

Sep 2014
This anime blew me away.

The low score is probably justified by how cliché this series appear on the surface. And I agree it's a very cliché anime. However, it is also everything I always wanted in an anime done right. The romance actually develop since the first episode, the comedy is quite good and original, there is just the right amount of fanservice, side-characters are actually relevant, it's not overdramatic for no reason, the characters are all so cute and aren't dense motherfucker who cannot speak to solve their own problems. The show was constantly enjoyable since the first episode.

It is a shame that this has been overshadowed by dummy girl senpai.
Jun 3, 2020 1:06 AM

Sep 2019
i agree, this show story plot is great and should be rated more than a score of 8

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Season 02? ( 1 2 )

CrunchyAnime - Dec 21, 2018

86 by Taha10kazmi »»
Apr 16, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

59 by Narity_ »»
Jan 29, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

103 by Narity_ »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Favourite Character ?

lightning_angad7 - Jan 6

13 by nekoha33 »»
Jan 9, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

109 by Thanoshiii »»
Jan 7, 5:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.