Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2018 8:22 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Bwaahahahaha oh god that ending to this chapter.

Other than that ho boy there's gonna be some hell to pay for kidnapping Yona
Oct 19, 2018 8:40 PM

May 2018
oh my god that kick at the end is perfectly done, gosh this manga keeps on getting better but im so ready for more Hak being angry for Yona's sake.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oct 19, 2018 8:42 PM

Apr 2008
Tsubakiaka said:
oh my god that kick at the end is perfectly done, gosh this manga keeps on getting better but im so ready for more Hak being angry for Yona's sake.

The kick and her expression during and after the kick. She is SO fucking done with the psycho priest.
Oct 19, 2018 8:55 PM

May 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Tsubakiaka said:

The kick and her expression during and after the kick. She is SO fucking done with the psycho priest.

right! just her having a straight face dead eyes and then everyone else just "WHELP!!"
this is the one manga where i can count on barely any "damsel in distress" bullshit

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oct 19, 2018 11:10 PM
Mar 2015
Hooray for King Hirruyu Gobi messed with the wrong avatar
Oct 20, 2018 2:03 PM
Jun 2015
Ohhh that kick...loved it...
Again proved, this girl is not your typical shoujo manga character, who waits for the guy to save her...
Perfect one Yona <3
Oct 20, 2018 2:25 PM

May 2013
Better kick than Lucy (ft) fore sure, no one messes with queen.

Oct 20, 2018 8:13 PM

Jun 2012
Best grill kicking!! But with this, probably that emperor might took a liking to Yona more than the dragon themselves.
Oct 27, 2018 4:14 PM
Apr 2016
Round House kick in the perfect place! She has been training for sure. Cannot wait to see the Xing kings reaction xD

Also Hak actually collaborating with one of the people he hates the most shows his love for Yona damnnn
Oct 29, 2018 7:45 AM

May 2014
Hahha, I was like epic fail when Yona kicked that priests ass. Haha, now that was hilarious. She have had enormous developement in strength since she first left the castle with Hak. Hak as well has had great developement, but not in strength but both emotional and psychological.
Oct 29, 2018 7:47 AM

May 2014
KalfKaneda said:

Absolutely. She is a much stronger and in both body and mind than Lucy. She is also better written character. No offense to Mashima-sensei cause they live in two different world and this is not a shounen manga, so things are different here.
Nov 1, 2018 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
mangalicker94 said:
KalfKaneda said:

Absolutely. She is a much stronger and in both body and mind than Lucy. She is also better written character. No offense to Mashima-sensei cause they live in two different world and this is not a shounen manga, so things are different here.

yeah, lucy just kind of awkwardly kicks forward with no skill behind it (though it still packs quite the punch while she's using star dress because celestial spirit magic). lucy's character was always something that bummed me about fairy tail. she's always been my favorite and she has such potential to be strong with her style of magic and whip skills and she's always been smart and well read, but it always feels like mashima is constantly throwing those strengths out of the window so she can be a damsel in distress for natsu to save for the millionth time.

i think that's why i love yona so much, she has had the character growth i wish mashima had given to lucy, though a more down to earth way and less physical strengths because yona isn't really a fighter (god forbid you hurt anyone she cares about when she's holding her bow though. XD). and now we can add well placed kicks to the list of growth she has gotten from that spoiled sheltered princess that watched her father die.... what? 6 months ago in story? 1 year? 3 maybe? has it ever been said how long it's been? i'm guessing 6 months to a year based on the growth of her hair, lol
Nov 6, 2018 9:57 PM
Sep 2016
icefox94 said:
mangalicker94 said:

yeah, lucy just kind of awkwardly kicks forward with no skill behind it (though it still packs quite the punch while she's using star dress because celestial spirit magic). lucy's character was always something that bummed me about fairy tail. she's always been my favorite and she has such potential to be strong with her style of magic and whip skills and she's always been smart and well read, but it always feels like mashima is constantly throwing those strengths out of the window so she can be a damsel in distress for natsu to save for the millionth time.

i think that's why i love yona so much, she has had the character growth i wish mashima had given to lucy, though a more down to earth way and less physical strengths because yona isn't really a fighter (god forbid you hurt anyone she cares about when she's holding her bow though. XD). and now we can add well placed kicks to the list of growth she has gotten from that spoiled sheltered princess that watched her father die.... what? 6 months ago in story? 1 year? 3 maybe? has it ever been said how long it's been? i'm guessing 6 months to a year based on the growth of her hair, lol

I think 3 years.. I saw it in one of the previous chapters..not fully sure though
Nov 8, 2018 10:28 PM

Aug 2018
Why do I feel like Hak will do something reckless and get seriously injured again (T_T)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2018 7:45 PM

May 2014
icefox94 said:
mangalicker94 said:

Yeah, I agree with your points. Sorry to say, but most of the female + males characters of FT is really poorly written. It's sad, but that's my opinion about it. The author should try to give the women more attention in the future and also less drama. There is way too much drama in his series. ^^
Dec 25, 2018 7:18 AM

Aug 2012
That kick increase my admiration x)
Go Yona!

Apr 7, 2019 12:50 PM

Apr 2016
laneofmagic said:
Why do I feel like Hak will do something reckless and get seriously injured again (T_T)
I think you may be right. Hak wanted to go to Sen Province alone LOL. Thank goodness we had Kye-sook who looks at the bigger picture, by acknowledging that it won't be easy for ONE person to enter an unknown land, where Kuelbo and Li Hazara may have set traps already :/ To think Hak was the Wind Tribe general... This is stuff he should know to consider, despite having impulsive urges.

It was nice to see Yona defend herself by kicking Gobi in the face before he hurt her with his sword. Gobi's not the smartest character, as we can see... If you're going to attack someone, you don't need to announce it -______-

We see that Ogi's friend could have been killed if Ogi didn't agree to lead Yona and her friends to an alleyway... Let's hope Ogi stays alive. :((
Jul 9, 2023 4:01 AM

May 2021
I wonder if Hak and the dragons will collaborate with Kye Sook now

That kick was so pleasant...
Dec 12, 2023 4:53 PM
May 2022
This is what I was talking about having Yona and the rest stay in the palace rather than outside of it. The moment the dragons became well-known, they were prone to being kidnapped by enemies. Sure, the dragons are unusually strong, but who knows what kind of tactics people can use to control them?

Anyway, I like Keishuk here for the first time. He's got the reasoning and intelligence of Soo-Won (well, I'm not surprised. Birds with the same feathers flock together). Hak has just woken from being reckless and impulsive. Ironically, it's Keishuk who woke him. Hak needs to learn to strategize first and see the bigger picture before attacking. Not everything is about strength. Time for him to use his head more. He was a former general so he should know better. Heck, he might also become a king (given that Yona might become the queen someday) so he has to be equipped more (but I rather want him to become an army general, that suits him better).

And that kick was satisfying. As expected from a not-so-typical-damsel-in-distress shoujo female lead Yona HAHA. They should have killed that Gobi immediately. She's creepy and such a psycho.
tsubasa_sebong27Dec 16, 2023 7:05 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.