Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 19, 2018 6:10 PM

Who is the best anime YouTuber? There's an AnimeBracket tournament under way to address that question.

To participate, you will need to sign in under a Reddit account (and register for one if necessary). Those who wish to vote in all rounds/phases of the tournament are encouraged to 'watch' this thread. I will post an update here whenever there is something new to vote on.

Nomination phase (Closed)
Use the following link to nominate as many anime YouTubers as you wish:
Nomination Form

To save yourself the trouble of nominating anyone already on the roster, you may view the list of prior nominees at the following link:
Entrant Roster

Elimination phase (Closed)
There were a total of 198 nominees. To view the full list of nominees, use the Entrant Roster link above.

The eliminations will take place in 5 rounds of 39 or 40 entrants per round. You can vote for as many nominees as you think deserve to advance to the main tournament. Vote for everyone you think deserves to advance to the main tournament at the following link:
Vote for nominees

• Group A - done
  • Group B - done
  • Group C - done
  • Group D - done
  • Group E - done

Voting phase (Open)
Now open. The top 64 candidates from the Elimination phase have advanced to the main tournament, a standard bracket tournament in which the winner will eventually be chosen. There are two groups in this tournament. Keep in mind that it's not just about choosing one winner; a lot of the fun is in seeing in who else advances how far.

Vote!

• Round 1, Group A - done
  • Round 1, Group B - done
  • Round 2, Group A - done
  • Round 2, Group B - done
  • Round 3, Group A - done
  • Round 3, Group B - done
  • Quarter Finals A - done
  • Quarter Finals B - done
  • Semi Finals - done
  • Finals - in progress

Tournament results of all completed brackets may be viewed at the following link:
Results
Modified by mwalimu, Feb 8, 10:44 AM
The Best Anime YouTuber Tournament has now concluded. Check out this thread to view and discuss the results.

Oct 19, 2018 6:35 PM

In terms of my favorite anime youtubers it would be (in no specific order)
Bennette the sage
E;R
Thatanimesnob
Their are a lot of other good channels though.

Oct 19, 2018 8:34 PM

rohan121 said:
In terms of my favorite anime youtubers it would be (in no specific order)
Bennette the sage
E;R
Thatanimesnob
Their are a lot of other good channels though.
Haven't run into that E;R one but the other 2 are ones I really like.

Oct 19, 2018 9:16 PM

@op
hes the best
someone register him plz cuz im a 4chanfag not a redditfag

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE4D1GimZ5qObFWoIaIf2Vg

HENTAI JUST FOR THE PLOT!!
cmon hes better than all of em out there appreciate this mans work!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 19, 2018 10:19 PM

Qio420 said:
@op
hes the best

Entry added. If you want to vote in later phases you'll need to register.
The Best Anime YouTuber Tournament has now concluded. Check out this thread to view and discuss the results.

Oct 19, 2018 10:33 PM

mwalimu said:
Qio420 said:
@op
hes the best

bless you my child!

thank you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 20, 2018 10:53 AM

Qio420 said:
mwalimu said:

bless you my child!

thank you

Love you all thanks for supporting hentai but just the plot

Oct 20, 2018 1:11 PM
Forum Moderator
Bot Hunter

Super Eyepatch Wolf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Oct 22, 2018 6:12 AM

Two days from now I'm going to start the Elimination phase, so you have until then to submit nominations. I think just about all of the best known and most popular youtubers have already been nominated, but if there's a lesser known, more obscure anituber that you think deserves a nomination, you have until then to submit them.

Oct 22, 2018 6:25 AM

This is probably just going to be a popularity contest up until the final eight, where name recognition may have carried the "most worthy" until that point (i.e. PewDiePie).

Oct 22, 2018 6:40 AM

Kizuna Ai is an anime youtuber.
Everybody Gangsta until The Boss speak Italian.

Oct 22, 2018 7:40 AM

aNewUsername said:
This is probably just going to be a popularity contest up until the final eight, where name recognition may have carried the "most worthy" until that point (i.e. PewDiePie).

It may turn out that way - we'll see - but if it gets people checking out and discovering youtubers they might not have known about, I'd consider that a success.

Oct 24, 2018 5:55 AM

Elimination phase has begun. There were a total of 198 nominees, so the elimination phase will take place in 5 groups with 39 or 40 entrants in each group. Vote for as many as you wish. Yes, you can vote for both on the same line; these are not pairings.

Group A is now closed; the link below will take you to the group currently in progress.
Vote for nominees
Modified by mwalimu, Nov 18, 2018 12:26 PM

Oct 31, 2018 6:27 PM

It took a few days to get enough votes, but we are now ready to move on to the second of five rounds in the Elimination phase. Once again, there were a total of 198 nominees, so each round in the elimination phase has 39 or 40 entrants. Vote for as many as you wish. Yes, you can vote for both on the same line; these are not pairings.

Group B is now closed; the link below will take you to the group currently in progress.
Vote for nominees
Modified by mwalimu, Nov 18, 2018 12:25 PM

Nov 18, 2018 12:24 PM

It took a while but we finally reached the vote threshold for Group B and have move on to Group C, the third of five groups in the Elimination phase. As stated before, there were a total of 198 nominees, and each group in the elimination phase has 39 or 40 entrants. Vote for as many as you wish. Yes, you can vote for both on the same line; these are not pairings.

Group C is now closed; the link below will take you to the group currently in progress.
Vote for nominees
Modified by mwalimu, Dec 12, 2018 4:37 AM

Nov 18, 2018 12:44 PM

Wasn't expecting Hiding in Public to be nominated. That's nice, there's someone I can vote.

Dec 12, 2018 4:34 AM

Group C is in the books at last, and we move on to Group D, the fourth of five groups in the Elimination phase. Once again, there were a total of 198 nominees, and each group in the elimination phase has 39 or 40 entrants. Vote for as many as you wish. Yes, you can vote for both on the same line; these are not pairings.

Group D is now closed; the link below will take you to the group currently in progress.
Vote for nominees
Modified by mwalimu, Dec 18, 2018 5:04 PM

Dec 18, 2018 5:03 PM

In a surprising development, Group D reached the vote threshold in a mere six days, much faster than either of the two previous groups, bringing us to Group E, the fifth and final group of the Elimination phase. Once again, there were a total of 198 nominees, and each group in the elimination phase has 39 or 40 entrants. Vote for as many as you wish. Yes, you can vote for both on the same line; these are not pairings.

Group E is now closed; the link below will take you to the current tournament bracket.
Vote for nominees
Modified by mwalimu, Dec 27, 2018 4:19 PM

Dec 18, 2018 11:17 PM

xyaro is there, yes. i love him her. gr8 trap

Dec 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Group E didn't go quite as fast as Group D but still made good time, which brings the Elimination phase of the tournament to a close. At last we are into the bracket tournament proper. The top 64 nominees from all five groups have advanced, and from here will proceed in two groups until we reach the final match. Check out as many of these YouTubers as you can, and choose your favorite from each pairing. Things are getting more exciting now!

Use the link below to vote for YouTubers in the current tournament bracket.
Vote for your favorites!

Jan 3, 3:58 PM

Round 1 Group A has been brought to a close, and voting for Round 1 Group B is now open. You can see the results so far at the following link:
Tournament results (so far)

Vote for your favorites!

Jan 5, 11:03 AM

An interesting development... I was prepared to let Round 1 Group B run for either one week or to a minimum vote threshold, whichever is later, and up to last night it appeared more or less on track to get about the same voter turnout, but overnight the vote count shot way past Round 1 Group A total and I'm debating whether to advance to the next round sooner. At this time I don't know why the sudden uptick in voter turnout - maybe one of the YouTubers learned of the tournament and plugged it.
Modified by mwalimu, Jan 5, 4:14 PM

Jan 5, 4:19 PM

And then there were 32. Per the previous post, I decided to end Round 1 Group B after 48 hours had elapsed, since it already had more than double the total votes of Round 1 Group A. Thus we advance to Round 2 Group A. You can see the results so far at the following link:

Vote for your favorites!

Jan 7, 4:16 PM

Round 2 Group A is history, and Round 2 Group B is now up for voting. If voter turnout remains high I shall continue advancing these every 48 hours, only going longer if the vote count drops and more time is needed to reach a reasonable vote threshold. You can see the results so far at the following link:

Vote for your favorites!

Jan 10, 4:41 PM

Sweet sixteen time! Round 2 Group B is now closed, and Round 3 Group A has begun. Things can only get more interesting from here on out. You can see the results so far at the following link:

Vote for your favorites!
Modified by mwalimu, Jan 12, 4:43 PM

Jan 12, 4:50 PM

Round 3 Group A has concluded. Congratulations to Gigguk, The Anime Man, TeamFourStar, and Super Eyepatch Wolf for making it to the Final round. We now move on to Round 3 Group B, where the last four finalists will be chosen. The results thus far may be viewed at:

Vote for your favorites!

Jan 14, 7:38 PM

Round 3 Group B is now completed. Congratulations to KrisPNatz, A.I.Channel, Mother's Basement, and akidearest for making it to the Final round. In the first Quarter Final group, we have The Anime Man vs. Gigguk, and Super Eyepatch Wolf vs. TeamFourStar. Who will advance to the Semi-Finals? The results thus far may be viewed at:

Vote for your favorites!

Jan 18, 5:45 AM

The first Quarter Final round is over, with Gigguk and Super Eyepatch Wolf advancing to the Semi-finals. In the second Quarter Final group, we have KrisPNatz vs.A.I,Channel, and akidearest vs. Mother's Basement. Who will move on to the Semi-Finals? The results thus far may be viewed at:

Vote for your favorites!

Jan 23, 5:02 AM

The Quarter Finals are over, with KrisPNatz and Mother's Basement advancing, which brings us to the Semi Final round. Here we have Gigguk facing off against Super Eyepatch Wolf, and KrisPNatz vs. Mother's Basement. After this there'll be only one round left to choose a winner.

The results thus far may be viewed at:

Vote for your favorites!

Feb 8, 10:43 AM

We make it to the finals at last. Gigguk and KrisPNatz face off against one another.

The results thus far may be viewed at:

Vote for your favorites!

Honestly, at the moment I am quite conflicted over how to proceed with this tournament. For the time being, the voting remains open.

Feb 8, 11:18 AM
angel of music

Honestly, I'm going to guess that either 1. KrisPNatz is the one who promoted it, so all his fans are the ones voting or 2. Someone made a bot.

Just looking at sheer subscriber/view count, there's no way he would have made it this far under normal circumstances. Especially considering the absurd number of votes he gets compared to other, waaay more famous Youtubers.

If he beats Gigguk, I'mma legit be upset.
Modified by OfDeathandLove, Feb 8, 11:23 AM

those who have seen your face draw back in fear
i am the mask you wear its me they hear
your spirit and my voice in one combined
the phantom of the opera is there inside your mind

interview 💀 quiz

Feb 8, 11:53 AM

Pretty much. One lesser known YouTuber plugged it to his followers on Twitter and on his YouTube channel, and effectively hijacked the tournament. I doubt there's bot activity, but some of his fans have mentioned creating multiple Reddit accounts.

Apr 15, 7:27 AM

The tournament has concluded at last. Congratulations to Gigguk who won the final round convincingly to become the tournament grand champion!

Jun 13, 10:26 PM
mwalimu said:
The tournament has concluded at last. Congratulations to Gigguk who won the final round convincingly to become the tournament grand champion!

Darn, if i knew about this i would have given my vote to kenny lauderdale.

Jun 15, 6:06 PM

Shock winner. Quick. Look surprised everyone.

Honestly, no one beats the Anime Man for me. His content could be better. I wish he would do reviews of individual anime. But he is a proper anime fan. The merch, lives in Japan, speaks Japanese, he's watched a metric tons of anime and read just as much manga, and he's not snobby about fan service or anything. He's never shy about giving controversial opinions and stating exactly how he feels but still doesn't come across as condescending or anything like that. I think that last point is really what elevates him above Gigguk.

Gigguk's content is so... safe. It's really well produced and sometimes interesting but... it's like the shiny sakuga anime with nothing going on underneath. Joey is the fan service laiden show with a generic anime art style but that actually has an interesting story to tell and isn't made to appeal to a mass audience.

Gigguk is SAO. Joey is... I guess Monogatari if it had bad visuals.
Current: Lots. Finishing seasonals I had on hold.
Weekly: Awaiting new season.
Recently finished: DanMachi (9), Teasing Master Takagi-san (7), Joshikausei (3), HitoriBocchi (7), Nobunaga's Young Bride (5), Amazing Stranger (7).

Check out my blog at http://yossanime.com/
Lastest post: Sex in Art: A Reflection on My First Visual Novel.

Jun 15, 7:22 PM

Only good Anitubers are Digibro and Bobsamurai (Before his channel died). Others are pure cancer.

SuperEyePatchWolf's voice makes me want to smash my head repeatedly through a brick wall.

Gigguk is decent.

The rest is not worth it.

Jun 16, 10:55 AM

Digibro and Gigguk all the way baby
honestly i hate mothers basement cuz he said 2019 is a shit year for anime and 2018 was the best year -_- wtf

Jun 16, 12:14 PM

My favorite ones are Digibro, Gigguk and MudanTV