Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 19, 2018 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
For some reason this anime is so damn enjoyable to watch i cant help but smiling is anyone else like that. I got bored of this type of anime where they transported and get incredibly OP but this anime does it quite well i think.

The first enjoyable anime for me is Mo Dao Zu Shi
Oct 19, 2018 10:54 PM

Apr 2018
Agreed, i hate isekai but Slime is pretty good and fun to watch. I love it already
Oct 19, 2018 11:07 PM

May 2018
I tried the first 2 episodes and nothing really interesting happens outside of the discussion with the dragon.
Oct 20, 2018 8:54 AM

Sep 2017
I also find this very enjoyable to watch.

The plot and MC both are great.
And there is no harem (at least till now)

ボールルームダンサー
Oct 20, 2018 8:56 AM

Sep 2017
Only_Brad said:
I tried the first 2 episodes and nothing really interesting happens outside of the discussion with the dragon.

I mean the main focus were those two in the 2 episodes..
Third episode is good and enjoyable.
Can't really force you to watch it..but you can try the 3 episode rule.

ボールルームダンサー
Oct 20, 2018 9:25 AM
Jul 2017
This is hands down my favorite new anime series this season.. I find myself anxiously waiting for the next episode..
Oct 21, 2018 3:58 AM
Oct 2018
New member here. I like this anime, It is unique to see in the perspective of the monsters, every isekai so far has been in the perspective of humans. i am extremely enjoying it.
Oct 22, 2018 12:09 PM
Jun 2016
This is in my top 4 isekai for sure.

My top would be in no particular order.

Slime
Shield
re:monster
spider

For those with honrable mention would be.

RE:zreo I like but has some issues.
the sword one, and the fenrir would be there too, but only a few chapters so hard to say exactly how great it will be in time.
Oct 22, 2018 12:27 PM

Nov 2016
Maybe not second Place but Most likely on my top 15 Animes of the year.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2018 4:15 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah, this anime is one of the best, if not the best isekai I've watched so far. It's my third best anime this year, just after Fairytail and Grand blue😇😈
Oct 22, 2018 8:54 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Artur_Moreira said:
Nobody care about you shit taste

You dropped Gintama, Monogatari, and Chio-chan. Your argument is invalid. 😐
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Oct 23, 2018 5:05 AM

May 2012
So far I say that it it best isekai anime this season and even the year. I also like Goblin Slayer, Overlord 3 and Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu but Slime has surpassed these anime

But it is not best anime. JoJo part 5 is best anime anime this year so far. Noting can beat JoJo.

It has the potential to be 2nd best anime in this season (if you don't count Banana Fish which started from last season)

Oct 23, 2018 6:08 AM

Aug 2016
I'm loving the pacing of the show, it's a lot of fun too.
Not in my top 3 this season, but it is a hell of a season.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 23, 2018 6:34 AM

Aug 2013
Yup same, this season has been quite good. This and Run with the Wind have been my favorites until now.
Oct 23, 2018 9:43 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Hrybami said:
That appear to be good a decision to me. His argument is therefore completely valid.

Yet you watched 200 eps of Gintama. and you dropped One-Punch Man after watching... ZERO eps? and same with Takagi-san? how and why is that a thing? for shame. your opinion is negated by your nonsensical actions. ☹️
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Oct 24, 2018 4:32 AM

Sep 2014
gappasaurus said:
Hrybami said:
That appear to be good a decision to me. His argument is therefore completely valid.

Yet you watched 200 eps of Gintama. and you dropped One-Punch Man after watching... ZERO eps? and same with Takagi-san? how and why is that a thing? for shame. your opinion is negated by your nonsensical actions. ☹️

I used to delete the episode count and the rating for the show I had drop.
Jan 8, 2019 2:15 AM
Jan 2019
...I AM SO GLAD I'M NO THE ONLY ONE! I'm actually quite expressionless most of the time (which makes me look depressed, apparently) but watching Tensei Slime just makes me smile! It's actually my #1 anime (I am very, very picky) as you said, a lot of OP anime MCs are boring after a while. I even got bored of Overlord and I was really hyped for it. To me, my perfect anime (this lol) needs:

-Very little to no romance
-dragons
-Relatively simple world rules
-A strong mc that isn't op to the point of boring (or God forbid, stupid)
-great art and animation
-a mc with a likeable personality
-a way to learn with the mc
-a world with great potential
-dragons
-true motivation
-side characters I don't loathe and want dead
-dark moments but light moments too
-other things I can't think of at the moment
Jan 8, 2019 4:03 AM

May 2018
For me this is the second most enjoyable anime from Fall 2018 after Zombieland Saga. I might like this better than Overlord(my other favorite isekai anime). Slime manga selling well in Japan, I hope the anime also the same.
Jan 8, 2019 4:19 AM

Feb 2017
_RavensFlight_ said:
...I AM SO GLAD I'M NO THE ONLY ONE! I'm actually quite expressionless most of the time (which makes me look depressed, apparently) but watching Tensei Slime just makes me smile! It's actually my #1 anime (I am very, very picky) as you said, a lot of OP anime MCs are boring after a while. I even got bored of Overlord and I was really hyped for it. To me, my perfect anime (this lol) needs:

-dragons
-great art and animation
-dragons
-true motivation

I have one question do u also read the manga or light novel? they're so fabulous u know .

the differences between the anime, manga, light novel in a nutshell;
> the anime has better storytelling
> the manga has better art + veldora's slime observation journal - it's a story about how veldora sees the world via rimuru eyes
> the light novel has everything
Jan 8, 2019 4:31 PM
Jan 2019
nina444 said:

I have one question do u also read the manga or light novel? they're so fabulous u know .

the differences between the anime, manga, light novel in a nutshell;
> the anime has better storytelling
> the manga has better art + veldora's slime observation journal - it's a story about how veldora sees the world via rimuru eyes
> the light novel has everything

I'm so conflicted in this! I really want to read the manga, but I'm stuck between
"do I want to spoil the anime but get to see more Rimuru?"
And
"Do I want to avoid the manga and not spoil the anime, but have to wait for episodes?"

At the moment I'm sticking with the anime, just because I think I'll get more out of it if it's all moving. But it's one of those really hard decisions... for all I know I'll change my mind and jump onto the manga.
Jan 11, 2019 10:17 PM

Mar 2018
Isekai genre is garbage and overrated. Second worst genre behind Ecchi/Harem. Slime saved the Isekai genre from being the worst. Its the only good Isekai to ever exist. Definitely 2018's best.
Jan 12, 2019 5:28 AM

Nov 2017
Well unpopular opinion I guess but I'm not a fan. Even though it has some nice element, the characters are a bit too cheesy for me, the comedy attempts fail to make me laugh, the fight scenes are predictable and their lack of any sense of danger and risk is giving me a hard time to get invested in them. I just feel like it's not an anime made for me but I'll still finish it (at least this season) so I can see what it fully has to offer, however for now I'll give this show a solid 5/10.
Speedo_KinguJan 12, 2019 5:59 AM

Jan 12, 2019 7:25 AM
Mar 2018
Speedo_Kingu said:
Well unpopular opinion I guess but I'm not a fan. Even though it has some nice element, the characters are a bit too cheesy for me, the comedy attempts fail to make me laugh, the fight scenes are predictable and their lack of any sense of danger and risk is giving me a hard time to get invested in them. I just feel like it's not an anime made for me but I'll still finish it (at least this season) so I can see what it fully has to offer, however for now I'll give this show a solid 5/10.

Yeah it's ok, it just mean the compatibility between the show and your taste just doesn't sync it's normal.

The same with how I can't find the appeal of bunny girl, I finish regardless it's definitely not bad just meh... I give it 7/10

So yeah no prob I guess
Jan 12, 2019 7:40 AM

Nov 2017
Briandias said:
Yeah it's ok, it just mean the compatibility between the show and your taste just doesn't sync it's normal.

The same with how I can't find the appeal of bunny girl, I finish regardless it's definitely not bad just meh... I give it 7/10

So yeah no prob I guess

Exactly, this kind of anime is not what I'm looking for I think hehe. But as far as isekais go, I feel like it's definitly in the top tier (compared to some others I have witnessed).

Oh I've heard A LOT, too much even, about Bunny Girl but I never tried it. But for you a 7 is meh ? Isn't it pretty good then ?

Jan 13, 2019 8:56 AM
Mar 2018
Speedo_Kingu said:
Briandias said:

So yeah no prob I guess

Exactly, this kind of anime is not what I'm looking for I think hehe. But as far as isekais go, I feel like it's definitly in the top tier (compared to some others I have witnessed).

Oh I've heard A LOT, too much even, about Bunny Girl but I never tried it. But for you a 7 is meh ? Isn't it pretty good then ?

It is pretty good in anything but subjectively interesting for me, well I guess the ost is not bad just bland, it fail to bring the atmosphere to be honest, va is so so, character... Not that interesting well I guess kaede is decent.

I won't give it below 6 that reserved to some of the more awfull shit.

7 is the well I don't really enjoy it but it wasn't a waste of time level of series in my eye at least
Jan 14, 2019 7:17 PM

Aug 2012
AForgottenSoul said:
For some reason this anime is so damn enjoyable to watch i cant help but smiling is anyone else like that. I got bored of this type of anime where they transported and get incredibly OP but this anime does it quite well i think.

The first enjoyable anime for me is Mo Dao Zu Shi

Most isekai were MCs get OP lead to boring conclusions. Overlord with it's undercover take over of the new world and Slime with it's building of a nation of monsters have been very enjoyable.

I get the same way. Especially during the endings.
Jan 14, 2019 8:24 PM

Feb 2013
AniMEHLover said:
Isekai genre is garbage and overrated. Second worst genre behind Ecchi/Harem. Slime saved the Isekai genre from being the worst. Its the only good Isekai to ever exist. Definitely 2018's best.

Ballroomdancer said:

Except that Slime Isekai has harem (Shuna, Shion, Milim) and also ecchi (Elfs, Shion, Milim and others)

Jan 14, 2019 8:58 PM
Mar 2018
caio_brb said:
AniMEHLover said:

Ballroomdancer said:

Except that Slime Isekai has harem (Shuna, Shion, Milim) and also ecchi (Elfs, Shion, Milim and others)

Nah rimuru heart is only for shizu, he doesn't think any of them as potential love interest.
Jan 14, 2019 9:33 PM

Feb 2013
Briandias said:
caio_brb said:

Nah rimuru heart is only for shizu, he doesn't think any of them as potential love interest.

And Kirito's heart is only for Asuna but people still think that he has a harem.
Jan 14, 2019 11:29 PM

Feb 2017
caio_brb said:
AniMEHLover said:

Ballroomdancer said:

what are u tlkn about ?
Every monster that being named by Rimuru IS part of his haremm .
how many of em right now ?
millions ?🤔
Jan 14, 2019 11:32 PM

Feb 2017
caio_brb said:
Briandias said:

And Kirito's heart is only for Asuna but people still think that he has a harem.

myb due to the fact kirito is the ONLY dude who is relevant to the plot in sao .
while in slime , there are so many awesome n relevant dudes to the plot
Jan 15, 2019 12:00 AM

Oct 2014
Briandias said:
caio_brb said:

This is not true. Rimuru was never shown to love her in that way.
Jan 15, 2019 12:09 AM

Feb 2017
Grey-Zone said:
Briandias said:

not to mention shizu is arguably yuri
Jan 15, 2019 12:15 AM
Mar 2018
nina444 said:
Grey-Zone said:

Nani, source please...

Umm... For research purposes lol
Jan 15, 2019 12:15 AM

Oct 2014
nina444 said:
Grey-Zone said:

Now where the heck does that come from? I am not sure if I understood the LN contents correctly, but doesn't Shizu actually have kids? I don't mean her students. I might have to re-read those parts sometime.
Jan 15, 2019 12:24 AM

Feb 2017
Briandias said:
nina444 said:

Nani, source please...

here,
take my yuri goggles
Jan 15, 2019 12:30 AM
Mar 2018
nina444 said:
Briandias said:

Nani, source please...

here,
take my yuri goggles

Where I can't see it

Link please
Jan 15, 2019 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
Love this anime! :D
Jan 15, 2019 6:15 PM

Dec 2018
AniMEHLover said:

Ballroomdancer said:

Milim declares himself as his BFF, so he appreciates him as a friend and nothing else really since when getting along with someone implies that he must be in love with one? shion and shuuna like the other monsters have great admiration for rimuru, but there is nothing remotely romantic among these, as not accelerates the heart or speak nervously . Really people are so traumatized with the harem and ecchis that anything that involves a man (who is not even one because he is asexual) and other girls forced to fall into harem? in that case Izayoi Sakamaki also has one, even though never in the series they ever show any emotional attachment with the girls
Jan 15, 2019 7:56 PM
Nov 2015
_RavensFlight_ said:

-dragons
-great art and animation
-dragons
-true motivation

Very picky? U dropped code geass after 5 eps? FMA:B dropped? Log Horizon dropped? How? Especially log horizon which is quite similar to slime in some ways. U do know FMA:B is the highest rated anime on the world for a reason right? Just like code geass which is also a masterpiece undoubtedly. Seems to me like you're not picky. You just don't give a show time to develop.

What you're saying as what u like seems to me you would love FMA:B and Code Geass.
Jan 15, 2019 8:20 PM
Mar 2018
Patriickz said:
_RavensFlight_ said:

-dragons
-great art and animation
-dragons
-true motivation

Very picky? U dropped code geass after 5 eps? FMA:B dropped? Log Horizon dropped? How? Especially log horizon which is quite similar to slime in some ways. U do know FMA:B is the highest rated anime on the world for a reason right? Just like code geass which is also a masterpiece undoubtedly. Seems to me like you're not picky. You just don't give a show time to develop.

What you're saying as what u like seems to me you would love FMA:B and Code Geass.

Well every one have their taste, it's not like a master piece for 95% is a masterpiece for the rest of the percentage, it's basic math

I mean digibro number 1 anime of 2016 is girlish number, that should be a proof enough
Jan 17, 2019 2:34 AM

May 2015
Patriickz said:
_RavensFlight_ said:

-dragons
-great art and animation
-dragons
-true motivation

Can you please tell how Log Horizon is similar? I also dropped it, not because I think it's bad, just seemed like it couldn't offer anything particularly interesting that I haven't already seen. Should I watch it?

Also the thing with liking one show over another is not only about great story or certain aspects but the execution itself, the overall feel and other things that can rub you in a wrong way, something quite personal and subjective. And the characters are very important in that regard, I can totally understand, for instance, how someone can sympathise with Slime's characters and not give a damn about those from Code Geass or even FMA.
Jan 17, 2019 6:57 AM
Nov 2015
Ten said:
Patriickz said:

Can you please tell how Log Horizon is similar? I also dropped it, not because I think it's bad, just seemed like it couldn't offer anything particularly interesting that I haven't already seen. Should I watch it?

Also the thing with liking one show over another is not only about great story or certain aspects but the execution itself, the overall feel and other things that can rub you in a wrong way, something quite personal and subjective. And the characters are very important in that regard, I can totally understand, for instance, how someone can sympathise with Slime's characters and not give a damn about those from Code Geass or even FMA.

Agreed but, FMA:B takes a bit of time to start of. You really can't judge a 64 ep anime after 5 eps...

Log Horizon is a really long time ago for me but I do remember the similiraties. They are both about the main protaganist building a civilization. Also both MC's are quite strong compared to others. In Log Horizon he's really smart for example if I remember correctly. I must say that Log Horizon is a really cool anime, it's a bit slower maybe. I think u will definitelly like Log Horizon in the somewhat longer run!
Jan 17, 2019 6:58 AM
Sep 2018
I really liked this show I hop it stays that way
Jan 17, 2019 6:58 AM
Sep 2018
I agree it was really enjoyable in its own right

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.