Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 19, 2018 12:06 PM
Oct 2018
Meta_Yoshi said:
The infamous Toma Punch never gets old and is always satisfying when it hits its target. Terra got it in his face twice and boy did I like it! =D

The conclusion to this arc was pretty good and just seeing Accelerator again, even if for a short amount of screentime, still got me hyped. Things are looking pretty interesting now that Misaka finally finds out about Toma's amnesia. It does make me wonder just how her next interaction with him will go.

And, to be honest, the animation and visual quality was a step-up from the last episode, which is good. Can J.C. Staff do better? Of course they can, but in no way does the animation and visual look really shoddy like certain people are saying. If you want that, then direct yourself to Tokyo Ghoul:Re 2nd season immediately. -__-
I know right xD. I feel quality still same, animation gets better than previous season. Index s3 is good, no big dissapointment (aside unconfirmed whether covers all OT or not). Index 3 still far away from tgre2 dissapointment since they cut many important things also cut arima vs kaneki battle into less than half episode -_-
Inori_HatsuneOct 19, 2018 12:34 PM
Oct 19, 2018 12:25 PM
Oct 2018
After rewatching again, aside less impactful touma punch, animation in this episode is great. There are 2 rotating view scene which pretty hard to drawn. Touma dodging scene also has good angle and I believe it hard to drawn.

Why people says that animation is bad? Thats not generic anime battle that just throw skill then explosion scene. Or maybe it just people always has negative thinking about index animation -_-
Oct 19, 2018 1:23 PM

Feb 2018
this episode was sick because of accelorator even tho he didnt have much screen time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2018 2:43 PM
Jan 2017
Great ep cant wait for kakine vs accelerator greatness
Oct 19, 2018 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
Need more Accelerator screentime, atleast Last Order appears next episode too.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Oct 19, 2018 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
Really didn't expect Terra to bite the dust so early on. Battle scenes weren't the greatest but I still enjoyed it.

Touma never fails to impress me! I really like him.

So now Misaka knows that Touma has lost his memory. Hope they meet again very soon so she can ask about it. Cause Misaka's reactions are always the best.

I just don't get the animation quality complaints here, I am not too fussed about it, but perhaps that's cause I am not that critical.
Oct 19, 2018 5:07 PM

Jul 2015
Well 3 episodes for this arc was expected. Didn't like the adaptation that much, it's better than anything yeah but of course I'd have liked to see more dedication into it. Can't get out of my head that the pace is a serious problem this season and this is evident almost at the end of the episode: Terra gets rekt in the church and less than 1 minute after that he appears as if nothing happened. Very weird.

Touma punching after his characteristical speech was awesome though, after all these years is nice to have him back.

Battle Royale is next! So hyped! Hope JC delivers with the fight everyone is waiting for.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Oct 19, 2018 7:16 PM

Jul 2017
2 clichés in one episode. First, the memory loss and then, Terra being killed by his "partner". I didn't notice these when I was watching the 2 seasons. But as I see, 8 years is a lot of time
Oct 19, 2018 7:47 PM

Jan 2018
Deknijff said:
Lowkey the author of Index sure loves amnesia
Not only after saving Index but now its implied he had it earlier too before that

Well, that stuff about Misaki u gotta wait for God knows how many years for it to be adapted because it's vol 11 of the NT and even if they decided to adapt it'll be surely in the 2nd season of NT.
Oct 19, 2018 10:43 PM

Oct 2014
animeruler1 said:
Deknijff said:
To ask fans that care about animation quality to not heavily focus on that is like asking people to all agree on best girl
its just not going to happen sadly

True but if if people just looked past quality and see how good the story is then it really wouldn't matter the level of quality. I just hate how people would rather an anime look "pretty" than show a great story which index does

Most of the people who watch this show already known the story is great, and obviously the next thing people gonna expecting is the production quality, more over we need to wait for 8 years to get season 3, that's plenty of time to preparing for a good production quality
fuusen_gumOct 19, 2018 11:05 PM
Oct 19, 2018 11:44 PM

Sep 2017
I hope Touma confesses his feelings to Index. After all, he is covering up his memories for her sake.

Misaka needs to stay away from the way of the true ship. She is way too overreacting. She is just aiming that Touma lost his memories because some enemy said so and she is taking a cold shower. Kuroko , get your onee sama to be straight about being gay.

Accelerator is the only guy who truly deserves mention. The fight had too much talking. Nice that he shut them up. He needs more romantic scenes with last order.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 20, 2018 12:00 AM

Nov 2017
- i dont know why every body call the quality was so damn? it wasnt bluray version anyway...
- i think the quality was better from the latest season of index (TV version)....
- So, misaka found that kamijo has amnesia... lets see what will happen next.
- Battle royal coming soon.. cant wait to see Teitoku.
Now Loading.....
Oct 20, 2018 12:30 AM

Nov 2014
Not sure if I should be happy we got to see Accelerator or sad that his time was so short.
Oct 20, 2018 12:31 AM

Jul 2016
Touma Imagine Breaker first punch of 3rd season goes to Terra. Looks like Terra knows more about Touma's right hand than Touma himself, so there's something in it, too bad Terra revealing it was cut off. Well looking forward for whenever will it be reveal later.

Mikasa in bath scene finally knows Touma's memory loss, I almost forgot this memory loss, so looks like a relevant subplot for later.

Next episode seems like Accelerator on action.
Oct 20, 2018 12:48 AM

Feb 2015
JeremiahOrange said:
I hope Touma confesses his feelings to Index. After all, he is covering up his memories for her sake.

Misaka needs to stay away from the way of the true ship. She is way too overreacting. She is just aiming that Touma lost his memories because some enemy said so and she is taking a cold shower. Kuroko , get your onee sama to be straight about being gay.

Accelerator is the only guy who truly deserves mention. The fight had too much talking. Nice that he shut them up. He needs more romantic scenes with last order.

The ONLY ship is Misaka X Touma. index is a parasite, she's barley even in the show these days. Nobody cares about Index apart from you.
Oct 20, 2018 1:03 AM

Mar 2012
Guatafat said:
2 clichés in one episode. First, the memory loss and then, Terra being killed by his "partner". I didn't notice these when I was watching the 2 seasons. But as I see, 8 years is a lot of time

Dude has memory loss since episode 6 of season 1
Oct 20, 2018 2:45 AM

Sep 2017
Crashmatt said:
JeremiahOrange said:

The ONLY ship is Misaka X Touma. index is a parasite, she's barley even in the show these days. Nobody cares about Index apart from you.

Seriously, you guys are gonna be sooo disappointed. Firstly, it has clearly been shown and mentioned that Touma cares about index more than he does for anyone else. Both versions of Touma that too, the one before listing his memories and the one after losing his memories.

Secondly, don't pilfer your Misaka x Touma ship just because Misaka has a one way crush on Touma and Touma doesn't reciprocate it. Misaka has always tried to get Touma into a sadistic unhealthy relationship by constantly hitting him with 10000000 V electric sparks. That is worse than being a tsundere or a yandere and Touma could get killed one of these days. In fact, in sisters arc, Misaka behaves like a child and constantly hits Touma with electric sparks even though Touma tried to persuade her to work with him. In the light novel, it is even worse, where Misaka comes close to flat lining Touma. And I still can't understand how she continues to keep on trying to kill Touma and consider it an affection of love. She is worse than a yandere. I think Misaka is a legitimate example of a yangire.

In comparison, Index legitimately cares for Touma and it has been established that Touma cares for her too. They have a bickering relationship, but one that is completely harmless. Compared to bring constantly being threatened by the electric chair. It is clearly shown that Index only bites Touma as an affection of love. That, is what I call a legitimate example of a tsundere. Touma angers Index in some occasions by acting rudely and Index also returns the favor, only because it is the only way they can flirt with each other. THAT IS RIGHT. True FLIRTING. In Volume 6 of the light novels, the loli teacher straight up tells this to Touma and Touma does not deny it. Everyone can see it. Also, Touma has been on many occasions, known to care about Index alone and also thought about her in a romantic aspect(read volume 5). He had never displayed such things for Misaka. Does that not show that Misaka is just having a unrequited crush that will never get accepted??

Third, Index is not a freeloader. I fail to see how Misaka is not called a goddamn psychopath and still Index is called a freeloader because Misaka fans are jealous of the fact that Index and Touma are living together. And it is not everytime. Index does well on her own and is way more capable of handling magic and demonstrates it on several occasions in the light novel, compared to the anime, which completely ruins the setting because of ship bias by people like you.

I don't care about how many people care about my ship, because it exists and is there. That is it. If you want to go with the so called Misaka x Touma ship, dream on. I hope you guys will be devastated when you guys realise how much you were wrong, just like how many people got it completely wrong when they thought Rem is suited for Subaru, even though Emilia was clearly the one who changed Subaru and was being realistic. Dream on. I really pity you guys.

BTW, this is not to say that Misaka is a bad character. Misaka is actually one of the well developed characters. The problem is that her behavior with Touma really weekens her character and needs to be changed to someone else. That is the reason A certain scientific railgun has a much better rating than a certain magical index, because they lessened her interactions with Touma and focused it on other female characters, particularly Kuroko. But be warned. Just because Misaka is liked by many characters doesn't entitle her to Touma's right seat. That is and always belongs to Index.

Ciao.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 20, 2018 2:48 AM

Aug 2009
Deknijff said:
Lowkey the author of Index sure loves amnesia
Not only after saving Index but now its implied he had it earlier too before that
The hell are you talking about?

The only memory wipe he ever had is in the first season.
Oct 20, 2018 4:22 AM

Aug 2018
can someone explain me terra got defeated in the church and then moments later he appeared again with acqua,nani??
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 20, 2018 5:24 AM

Jan 2016
The animation really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be, 3 episodes for this arc is fine in my opinion. Next, we have arguably one of the best arcs in the LN so it'll be interesting to see how J.C adapt it.

But in my own humble opinion, I think that J.C did a fine job on volume 14. We already know that it won't have the depth and pacing of the LN but seeing stuff voiced and animated is always fun.

Ressonancee said:
can someone explain me terra got defeated in the church and then moments later he appeared again with acqua,nani??

Terra just used his ability to get out of the situation at the Palace so he didn't die there, but was later killed by Acua as you saw
Oct 20, 2018 5:51 AM
Mar 2016
animeruler1 said:
I really liked this episode, but I wish people would STOP WHINING ABOUT ANIMATION QUALITY! It's well made we don't need blow your head off quality just a good story and proper voice acting. And the pace is good it covers the important facts in the arc. If you truly love anime then then stuff like quality shouldn't mean anything.

we love the anime and that what makes us anger , we were looking for much batter animation after all of these long 7 yeas . however the animation is good but it is not what we hoped for and it is so greater to get season 3 with lower quality than to get nothing .

also i want to point out that there are some good and important senses with mikoto did not appear in the anime unfortunately.
Oct 20, 2018 5:54 AM
Mar 2016
Deknijff said:
animeruler1 said:
but I wish people would STOP WHINING ABOUT ANIMATION QUALITY!
To ask fans that care about animation quality to not heavily focus on that is like asking people to all agree on best girl
its just not going to happen sadly

reaally can any human says there is a better girl than mikoto ?
Oct 20, 2018 5:56 AM
Mar 2016
Hatsune_Inori said:
animeruler1 said:
I really liked this episode, but I wish people would STOP WHINING ABOUT ANIMATION QUALITY! It's well made we don't need blow your head off quality just a good story and proper voice acting. And the pace is good it covers the important facts in the arc. If you truly love anime then then stuff like quality shouldn't mean anything.
Im not complain with animation quality, its still considered very good. But actually JC can improve battle scene better than this.

Aside battle scene, this is very good episode. Fast pace without content cut.
of course they can , did not you see railgun s ?
Oct 20, 2018 6:17 AM

Aug 2018
meluoon said:
Hatsune_Inori said:
Im not complain with animation quality, its still considered very good. But actually JC can improve battle scene better than this.

yea i agree railgun S had a superb animation quality
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 20, 2018 6:22 AM
Oct 2018
meluoon said:
Hatsune_Inori said:

Well, making battle scene on railgun is easier due to misaka has multiple ability, meanwhile touma just normal human which harder to pull its awesomeness.

If only JC make battle scene as intense as they do fast story pace. My main complaint is final punch scene isnt awesome. I will not says that battle scene is dissapointment if they make intense final punch scene or shotgun shield scene . Aside that, battle scene isnt that terrible.
Oct 20, 2018 6:36 AM

Apr 2014
Hatsune_Inori said:
meluoon said:
Well, making battle scene on railgun is easier due to misaka has multiple ability, meanwhile touma just normal human which harder to pull its awesomeness.

If only JC make battle scene as intense as they do fast story pace. My main complaint is final punch scene isnt awesome. I will not says that battle scene is dissapointment if they make intense final punch scene or shotgun shield scene . Aside that, battle scene isnt that terrible.

U did not watch railgun s right? Cause in the second season episode 15,16. Toumas punch in railgun has animation that could rival a movie punch. It was wellanimated with strong art and nice scene direction. The whole fight against accelerator is well done in railgun s. U should watch it its the best story arc in the franchise anime wise.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 20, 2018 6:40 AM
Oct 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
Hatsune_Inori said:

U did not watch railgun s right? Cause in the second season episode 15,16. Toumas punch in railgun has animation that could rival a movie punch. It was wellanimated with strong art and nice scene direction. The whole fight against accelerator is well done in railgun s. U should watch it its the best story arc in the franchise anime wise.
I watch railgun s as well, what I mean about intense here is not graphic wise but how intense fight are. I would love they make battle scene like they does to danmachi or ufotable does. Their battle scene has a lot of fightning scene. On railgun s one, they only close up face scene. Its great scene, but I hoping more than they does to railgun s since I already saw same (or almost same) quality on Index 2, during battle touma vs vento.
Oct 20, 2018 6:43 AM
Oct 2018
Aside that, high quality graphic final punch scene can also resolve eps 3 problem.
Oct 20, 2018 8:03 AM

Nov 2013
JeremiahOrange said:
Crashmatt said:

Seriously, you guys are gonna be sooo disappointed. Firstly, it has clearly been shown and mentioned that Touma cares about index more than he does for anyone else. Both versions of Touma that too, the one before listing his memories and the one after losing his memories.

Secondly, don't pilfer your Misaka x Touma ship just because Misaka has a one way crush on Touma and Touma doesn't reciprocate it. Misaka has always tried to get Touma into a sadistic unhealthy relationship by constantly hitting him with 10000000 V electric sparks. That is worse than being a tsundere or a yandere and Touma could get killed one of these days. In fact, in sisters arc, Misaka behaves like a child and constantly hits Touma with electric sparks even though Touma tried to persuade her to work with him. In the light novel, it is even worse, where Misaka comes close to flat lining Touma. And I still can't understand how she continues to keep on trying to kill Touma and consider it an affection of love. She is worse than a yandere. I think Misaka is a legitimate example of a yangire.

In comparison, Index legitimately cares for Touma and it has been established that Touma cares for her too. They have a bickering relationship, but one that is completely harmless. Compared to bring constantly being threatened by the electric chair. It is clearly shown that Index only bites Touma as an affection of love. That, is what I call a legitimate example of a tsundere. Touma angers Index in some occasions by acting rudely and Index also returns the favor, only because it is the only way they can flirt with each other. THAT IS RIGHT. True FLIRTING. In Volume 6 of the light novels, the loli teacher straight up tells this to Touma and Touma does not deny it. Everyone can see it. Also, Touma has been on many occasions, known to care about Index alone and also thought about her in a romantic aspect(read volume 5). He had never displayed such things for Misaka. Does that not show that Misaka is just having a unrequited crush that will never get accepted??

Third, Index is not a freeloader. I fail to see how Misaka is not called a goddamn psychopath and still Index is called a freeloader because Misaka fans are jealous of the fact that Index and Touma are living together. And it is not everytime. Index does well on her own and is way more capable of handling magic and demonstrates it on several occasions in the light novel, compared to the anime, which completely ruins the setting because of ship bias by people like you.

I don't care about how many people care about my ship, because it exists and is there. That is it. If you want to go with the so called Misaka x Touma ship, dream on. I hope you guys will be devastated when you guys realise how much you were wrong, just like how many people got it completely wrong when they thought Rem is suited for Subaru, even though Emilia was clearly the one who changed Subaru and was being realistic. Dream on. I really pity you guys.

BTW, this is not to say that Misaka is a bad character. Misaka is actually one of the well developed characters. The problem is that her behavior with Touma really weekens her character and needs to be changed to someone else. That is the reason A certain scientific railgun has a much better rating than a certain magical index, because they lessened her interactions with Touma and focused it on other female characters, particularly Kuroko. But be warned. Just because Misaka is liked by many characters doesn't entitle her to Touma's right seat. That is and always belongs to Index.

Ciao.
What are you on about Touma doesn't care romantically about anyone.

Its even been made clear that his type is an older sister dorm manager, so the one with the best chance is Lola of all people. With the other 5 that actually like him it's always a one-sided crush.

Not even going to respond to the bait that Index treats Touma better than Misaka, lol.
Oct 20, 2018 8:32 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:

Its even been made clear that his type is an older sister dorm manager, so the one with the best chance is Lola of all people. With the other 5 that actually like him it's always a one-sided crush.

Not even going to respond to the bait that Index treats Touma better than Misaka, lol.

Lola,Orsola, Oriana....

As for Index vs Misaka,Touma tries his best to avoid interactions with Misaka and her attacks while he stands there to receive all punishment Index has to offer.
And Index wont kill Touma by accident if she bites too hard.
Comedy aside, the unstable girl that attacks even without provocation is infinitely worse than the one that attacks when hungry or offended. Literally this sounds like a case of the typical girlfriend already.

Oct 20, 2018 8:34 AM

Sep 2018
Interesting the fold that is taking the story, as usual. Narration that sees as always Touma being the deus ex machina of the situation or almost, sometimes it makes me pissed off this thing, oh well! LOL
The backgrounds of Avignon are really beautiful. I wonder how it is that Accelerator was present at the military action in Avignon, I am very curious.
Oct 20, 2018 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
Terrablu2018 said:
Interesting the fold that is taking the story, as usual. Narration that sees as always Touma being the deus ex machina of the situation or almost, sometimes it makes me pissed off this thing, oh well! LOL
The backgrounds of Avignon are really beautiful. I wonder how it is that Accelerator was present at the military action in Avignon, I am very curious.

> Touma being the deus ex machina of the situation

How?

Did he display any new powers, did he come from nowhere?

Are you sure you know what deus ex machina means?

Because if anyone could have that label in this ep is Accelerator IF he wasnt foreshadowed a few minutes ago.
Oct 20, 2018 8:45 AM

Nov 2015
This is a lazy, literal adaptation of something that isn't fit for anime. The last 2 episodes would have been totally incomprehensable if I hadn't read the novel.

The author has this habit of introducing everything with insane amounts of detailed exposition. Be it plot elements, the mechanics of superpowers, or a type of sci fi bombers that appear once.
Of course the anime has to cut 95% of that resulting in the origin of terra's powers going over most people's heads and nobody knowing why those planes can bring hell to the earth.
Sadly the other elements of the original aren't enough to tell a story, and the adaptation team didn't add anything to convey the worldbuilding when stripped of the exposition.
The scenes (especially the fights) aren't entertaining on a purely visual level, let alone directorial, so I'm starting to question the validity of this adaptation even for fans of the novel.

And the quality of the fights didn't really go down from past seasons, they have never been well directed
Hound_dogsOct 20, 2018 8:48 AM
Oct 20, 2018 12:35 PM

Jul 2017
KaiKatsuya said:
Guatafat said:

Dude has memory loss since episode 6 of season 1

That's what i meant when i said i didn't notice them. I was really a noob when watching the show
Oct 20, 2018 6:56 PM

Dec 2013
After all this time the memory loss is finally brought up again!
Oct 20, 2018 10:49 PM

Mar 2014
its nearly the end of 2018 and the animation is way worst than the past ones also never get improved. dont the staff members feel ashamed of this fact?
Oct 20, 2018 10:55 PM
Oct 2012
3 eps for one book. hmm, it didn't manage to make me remember most of the details from the novel, sadly
Oct 20, 2018 11:34 PM

Feb 2010
Tokoya said:
TouMAN has amnesia O_O Now I'm extra curious to find out about who he is and the truth behind his ability

RIP Terra though, that Accqua guy doesn't mess around lol and also it was nice to see best boy Accelerator and best girl Misaka have more a presence in this episode

Hopefully they'll be shown more in the coming eps :D Good ep and good fight overall

hes had amnesa since ep 6 of season 1 why are you watching season 3 if you have not seen season 1????

honestly the action scenes were fine the only major complaint i had was the lazy earth blade rendition. it was still a chilling scene, but nowhere near as impressive as described in the novel where it literally leaves pairs in a sea of magma.

also accelerator finally has started to use his catch phase. "the quality of a high standard villain."

@ap1001

the contents and detail of that scene was basically the same as in the novel. They just moved it to the bath instead of being in her bed room.

however the conversation with herself was the same as it was in the novel.

anyway ep 4 is battle royal i did notice they cut out the mech suits using there weapons on the civilians. the air canon and tank shells that is.

Terrablu2018 said:
Interesting the fold that is taking the story, as usual. Narration that sees as always Touma being the deus ex machina of the situation or almost, sometimes it makes me pissed off this thing, oh well!

How dare the main character solve problems how dare they main character are suppose to be useless who sit around and do nothing!!! how dare the writer make the main character get involved in plot points!!
GrimAtramentOct 20, 2018 11:45 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 21, 2018 1:55 AM

May 2012
I think the manga adaptation of Acqua crushing Terra looked a lot better. Sort of seemed like he just tipped the pillar over in the anime.

Anyways pretty excited for Battle Royale next week.
Oct 21, 2018 2:58 AM

Mar 2014
hazarddex said:
Tokoya said:
TouMAN has amnesia O_O Now I'm extra curious to find out about who he is and the truth behind his ability

RIP Terra though, that Accqua guy doesn't mess around lol and also it was nice to see best boy Accelerator and best girl Misaka have more a presence in this episode

Hopefully they'll be shown more in the coming eps :D Good ep and good fight overall

hes had amnesa since ep 6 of season 1 why are you watching season 3 if you have not seen season 1????

thing is most of us have seen the previous seasons like what? 8 years ago or something, and thatsa a damn long time to remember everything. i have seen the previous seasons 3 times (except for the last railgun). and i had forgotten all about the amnesia at firs too.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Oct 21, 2018 4:02 AM

Aug 2009
gizter13 said:
hazarddex said:

thing is most of us have seen the previous seasons like what? 8 years ago or something, and thatsa a damn long time to remember everything. i have seen the previous seasons 3 times (except for the last railgun). and i had forgotten all about the amnesia at firs too.

Forgetting a main plot point?

That is like forgetting that SteinsGate has a microwave that can sent messages to the past.
Oct 21, 2018 4:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
hazarddex said:
Tokoya said:

honestly the action scenes were fine the only major complaint i had was the lazy earth blade rendition. it was still a chilling scene, but nowhere near as impressive as described in the novel where it literally leaves pairs in a sea of magma.

also accelerator finally has started to use his catch phase. "the quality of a high standard villain."

@ap1001

the contents and detail of that scene was basically the same as in the novel. They just moved it to the bath instead of being in her bed room.

however the conversation with herself was the same as it was in the novel.

anyway ep 4 is battle royal i did notice they cut out the mech suits using there weapons on the civilians. the air canon and tank shells that is.

Terrablu2018 said:
Interesting the fold that is taking the story, as usual. Narration that sees as always Touma being the deus ex machina of the situation or almost, sometimes it makes me pissed off this thing, oh well!

How dare the main character solve problems how dare they main character are suppose to be useless who sit around and do nothing!!! how dare the writer make the main character get involved in plot points!!
Chill, its been like 4-5 years since I've seen S1, clearly I forgot about this lol
Oct 21, 2018 8:30 AM

Apr 2014
Really starting to lose interest in this season. Rather than an adaptation, this episode felt like an animated summary of the LN chapters, with next to zero substance. They were just jumping from one event to the next, with really cheap animation and character designs (never been a big fan of the character designs in the anime to begin with - proportions are all messed up).
The bath scene was absolutely pointless and Mikoto finding out about Touma's amnesia felt utterly flat. This season is even more devoid of emotion as compared to the previous one, which is saying a lot.
2/5
Oct 21, 2018 9:48 AM

Feb 2013
ap1001 said:
Oh, come on, seriously fuck this director, I was so looking forward to terra getting bisected by supersonic pillar and dying with a satisfied look. Jesus they suck, and why do we need another bath scene. WHY DO THEY KEEP SHOVING IN ANIME ORIGINAL BATH SCENES, WHO THE HELL ASKED FOR THIS! You had the money to anime Mikoto taking a bath, but not terra's personality and subtle future plot hints! Fuuuck yooou.

It really is you wrathful, whining fanboys with their damn purist mindsets which turned Anime fandom into such a toxic wasteland.
If you are that angry just punch a wall or something and stop getting on peoples nerves. Thank you.
Oct 21, 2018 11:21 AM

Feb 2010
Skyguardian said:
ap1001 said:
Oh, come on, seriously fuck this director, I was so looking forward to terra getting bisected by supersonic pillar and dying with a satisfied look. Jesus they suck, and why do we need another bath scene. WHY DO THEY KEEP SHOVING IN ANIME ORIGINAL BATH SCENES, WHO THE HELL ASKED FOR THIS! You had the money to anime Mikoto taking a bath, but not terra's personality and subtle future plot hints! Fuuuck yooou.

It really is you wrathful, whining fanboys with their damn purist mindsets which turned Anime fandom into such a toxic wasteland.
If you are that angry just punch a wall or something and stop getting on peoples nerves. Thank you.

as a adaptation purist myself this adapation hasn't actually been that bad epseically compaired to the first season which took out two major points in two arcs and that misaka scene while yes it did not take place in the shower was in the novel.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 21, 2018 11:59 AM
Jun 2017
probably happening too fast. bath scene was lol. good thing trash terra is out of the picture now. Mikoto finding out about touma's memory loss was like in the LN so good on them. 5/5
Fire Emblem anime when
Oct 21, 2018 1:25 PM

Nov 2012
Lol this was a pretty lackluster fight, I was expecting more out a character that has such a distinct look. If this is what I can expect quality wise from this season for future fights then I'll just wait for Railgun which is guaranteed to at least better fights than this.

I'm not going to even bother trying to understand all this religious mumbo jumbo there droning on about in the middle of their fights.

Looking at other comments I don't blame anyone for not remembering that Touma lost his memory since the anime barely gave moments like those any weight to them. By the next episode he was normal and his relationships didn't suffer any consequences because of it.
mewtwo21Oct 21, 2018 1:29 PM
Oct 21, 2018 4:29 PM

Jul 2016
So Misaka didn't hear Accelerator's voice?
Oct 21, 2018 11:01 PM

Apr 2014
hazarddex said:
Skyguardian said:

as a adaptation purist myself this adapation hasn't actually been that bad epseically compaired to the first season which took out two major points in two arcs and that misaka scene while yes it did not take place in the shower was in the novel.

Well the real test starts this week, if they fck the battle royale arc arguably the best arc of ot, then the fire in the blazing hell is goig to get down. I hope that they sacrificed the quality of terras arc for the battle royale arc, the arc needs at least 4,5 episodes. Anything less will just kill it.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 22, 2018 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
Nobody gives a shit about Terra anyway.

Even Ln readers only cared about the Earth Blade(that fire thing) Accelerator and Misaka hearing about his amnesia.

TBH the first 2 were disappointing.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.