Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta…' Gets Anime Adaptation

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Oct 19, 2018 5:50 AM
News Team
A special website from Ichijinsha has announced that Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta… (I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags…) light novel series will get anime adaptation. More information will be announced at a later time.

Synopsis
I recovered my past memories when I was hit on the head by a rock. I am Katarina Claes, the eight year old daughter of a duke. In a feverish nightmare, in which the prince's fiancee was determined, I have realized that this is the otome game from the previous life.

I have turned into a villain that interferes with the romance of capture targets... If the heroine got a happy end, I would be exiled, but if she got a bad end, I would be killed. Have I no happy end!? Why is it only bad!? Somehow I have to avoid destruction and reach old age peacefully!! (Source: Novel Updates)

The light novel series is written by Satoru Yamaguchi with illustration by Nami Hidaka that serialized since August 2015. Seventh volume will released on October 20. A manga adaptation is currently serialized via Comic ZERO-SUM magazine since August 2017 and first volume was released on March 24. It is a popular series as it sold over sixty thousand copies for light novel series, manga series, and web copies combined together.

Announcement

Official site: http://www.ichijinsha.co.jp/special/otomegame-anime/

Source: Comic Natalie
Modified by tsubasalover, Oct 19, 2018 6:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Oct 19, 2018 6:04 AM
Why are light novel titles always so unbelievably long?

Oct 19, 2018 6:08 AM

This sounds like a problem.

Oct 19, 2018 6:25 AM

Just another otome trash getting adaption huh.

Oct 19, 2018 6:33 AM

Honestly, this sounds like it could be really fun. Won't get my hopes up, but prob will check this one out

Oct 19, 2018 6:51 AM

I've heard peoples that were really enjoying that one, it's quite a unique setting, could be nice.

Oct 19, 2018 6:54 AM
Ditzy Love Freak

I've seen that LN cover somewhere before as I recall seeing that villainess' face.

I might watch this for the villainess. Why not? This could be fun.

Oct 19, 2018 7:14 AM

What!? Is this really happening? Bakarina is getting an anime???

Oct 19, 2018 7:23 AM

I was interested in this one.

Oct 19, 2018 7:26 AM

Obvious bad isekai LN but for women. It doesn't make this terrible trend any better.

Oct 19, 2018 7:46 AM

Hoppy said:
Obvious bad isekai LN but for women. It doesn't make this terrible trend any better.
Congintive said:

Wrong, its quite original parody on otome games and their fandom. Although among the western fans this title is better known for its fake yuri, because of that, in the West, manga-adaptation is quickly gaining a peripheral audience due to the erroneous perception of the title as a bisexual slice of life harem.
Level of my english is still too poor, so ask not particularly angry because of my terrible grammar.

Oct 19, 2018 7:55 AM

Question for anyone who's read the LN: Does she respawn whenever she gets to a end where she loses, or is this a linear story? Either could be good, but I kinda hope its the former despite myself. We could have a whole Long Live the Queen scenario. (Pretty great game btw, you should check it out)

EDIT: @RobertBobert
Modified by abhutrash, Oct 19, 2018 8:19 AM

Oct 19, 2018 7:59 AM

RobertBobert said:
Hoppy said:
Congintive said:

Wrong, its quite original parody on otome games and their fandom. Although among the western fans this title is better known for its fake yuri, because of that, in the West, manga-adaptation is quickly gaining a peripheral audience due to the erroneous perception of the title as a bisexual slice of life harem.

Western fans and their delusions once again.

Damn you tumblr.

Oct 19, 2018 8:05 AM
Just another sexist otome trash getting a adaption

Oct 19, 2018 8:06 AM

@Swagernator Well, you can look at how the original LN is advertised and what tags it always had. But for some reason, people too serious perceived yuri gags in the plot, which is why in the west this parody reverse harem has more yuri fans among its audience than girls.

Level of my english is still too poor, so ask not particularly angry because of my terrible grammar.

Oct 19, 2018 8:08 AM

ecchiharemgeek said:

Sexist otome - are you talking about the title, where a female MC because of the stupidity gathers a harem from guys and girls? In this story there is no sexism, only a pure parody of cliches and mechanics of otome games.

Oct 19, 2018 8:22 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

That's one hell of a weird synopsis. Not sure what to think

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Oct 19, 2018 8:28 AM

A otome game? Hmm Idk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 19, 2018 8:35 AM

Yes! Bakarina in anime form!

Oct 19, 2018 8:38 AM
~ PR Cheerio ~

ecchiharemgeek said:

Not like the harem genre does sexism already in some areas... by your own logic

also I don't hate the normal harems but you can throw that logic back at this

Oct 19, 2018 8:40 AM

An otome game isekai? Hmmm...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Oct 19, 2018 8:52 AM
joe_g7 said:

No, an otome light novel isekai.

Oct 19, 2018 8:59 AM
Sounds a lot like Accomplishments of the Duke's daughter, but according to some research, both these series came out a few months away from each other, so I'm going to call the similarities in concept a coincidence.

I think it sounds like there are enough differences to be more distinct either way. I just found the similarities a little eye raising

Oct 19, 2018 9:30 AM

Sounds fun. Any anime from the eyes of the antagonist is refreshing.
Mirai Nikki is TRASH
Angel Beats is horrible.
Charlotte is a dumpster fire.
Shinsekai Yori has no characters.
Oreimo's S2 specials don't actually exist.

IM NOT AN ELITIST

I live to see the day where Hidamari Sketch or Little Witch Academia get another season.

Oct 19, 2018 9:35 AM

abhutrash said:
Tony_SansNom said:

You should learn what a fucking ISEKAI is before opening your stupid mouth. This thing is not.
I mean, it doesn't fit squarely into the isekai label, but it can easily be seen under the subgenre.

Is his comment reductive and unhelpful, yeah, but it's not the best approach to start pulling hairs over genre classification. Just tell him to fuck off, lol

This isn't what I mean. I don't even care about this series. But I'm sick of people throwing words like isekai left and right when it isn't one. It has come to a point where even some official magazines will label stuff like SAO as isekai as well.
"The only way I could possibly die is by being bored to death. So please, try to not kill me too much, okay?"

Oct 19, 2018 9:43 AM
Master Expander

So it's a story about a girl who has to cuck other people? I'm in!

Oct 19, 2018 9:52 AM

I'm currently reading the manga and like it. Lol

She's trying so hard not to make enemies out of the key characters, but they all end up having some crush of her. Even the ladies.

Not sure if should watch the anime tho. I'm bad at keeping up with those.

Oct 19, 2018 9:55 AM

ninka22 said:
joe_g7 said:

No, an otome light novel isekai.
I was talking about the setting.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Oct 19, 2018 10:05 AM

Actually sounds interesting.
Sieg Zeon!

Oct 19, 2018 10:29 AM

I only read parts of this before and it's actually pretty funny. It doesn't have a serious story and satires otome themes. Watch it for the comedy for sure.

Oct 19, 2018 11:54 AM
> Comedy is only my type

Oct 19, 2018 11:56 AM
Actually sounds interesting. I'm in.

Oct 19, 2018 1:58 PM

ohmigosh, yes!!! Bakarina's getting an adaptation!

Oct 19, 2018 2:58 PM
Finally. An otome anime worth watching for!

Oct 19, 2018 3:01 PM

@RobertBobert as i read the comments here, i'm starting more and more see what you were saying.

Oct 19, 2018 3:29 PM
不愉快です

It's shoujo but sounds really interesting. Gonna keep an eye on it.

Oct 19, 2018 3:56 PM

Read this one, It's the best.
Story about a girl made toy snakes.
Modified by chanmyse, Oct 19, 2018 4:00 PM

Oct 19, 2018 4:10 PM

Swagernator said:
@RobertBobert as i read the comments here, i'm starting more and more see what you were saying.

I hope this was not an ironic comment about my bad grammar, lol.

Oct 19, 2018 4:58 PM
Twist to the genre. I just hope it holds until the end.

Oct 19, 2018 5:54 PM
reading all top comments, i'm so confused...
oh dear, this anime/manga/LN is pure comedy~
i dunno how to word it, but, it's like "Nozaki" of otome game~

Oct 19, 2018 6:44 PM

I've plan to read the Novel... Good that it got an adaptation.

Oct 19, 2018 10:58 PM
Yessssuuu. Waiting for this shit for a long time.

Oct 20, 2018 1:02 AM

RobertBobert said:
Swagernator said:

I hope this was not an ironic comment about my bad grammar, lol.

No im very well aware of people projecting their sexual preferences into medium, so what you said is absolutely true.

Oct 20, 2018 7:24 AM
I swear to god the titles of light novels are just getting to rediculous

Oct 20, 2018 8:47 AM
Otherworldly

Just caught up to the manga , Man what a series.Cathrina is such a good M.C to be honest. Trying to solve the problem in her new wolrd is really amusing for me.

Oct 20, 2018 12:40 PM

My sister told me good things about it, so I'll check it out.

Oct 20, 2018 2:35 PM

ecchiharemgeek said:

Congintive said:

>bitching about things you don't know
/omegalolz

It's a parody of Otome Games, and it's not even exactly a shoujo, it feels more like a slice of life isekai comedy.
Emphasys on the Comedy tag, as the magical setting is kind of just "there", to add spice to the fun.

It's nothing MASTERPIECE levels of writting, is just some casual fun.

RobertBobert said:
@Swagernator Well, you can look at how the original LN is advertised and what tags it always had. But for some reason, people too serious perceived yuri gags in the plot, which is why in the west this parody reverse harem has more yuri fans among its audience than girls.

Likely because of chapter 9, where Bakarina tries to be overly nice to the heroine to avoid being hated by her, and is treated nicely back since she is, well, a nice girl paying goodness with goodness.

Also, tumblr. If 2 girls of similar age are friendly with each other, and talk about things beyond pretty boys, must be lesbiaaaaaaansss...

Oct 20, 2018 3:49 PM

@Fabris Yeah, thanks for reminding me. I am still afraid to discuss some shows, even definitely heterosexual, due to the fact that tumblr-girls begin to treat any tension between heroines as sexual tension.

It is also strange, as if I read yaoi and yuri manga solely for the sake of hope to see there any opportunity for heterosexual ships.

Oct 20, 2018 4:46 PM

RobertBobert said:
@Fabris Yeah, thanks for reminding me. I am still afraid to discuss some shows, even definitely heterosexual, due to the fact that tumblr-girls begin to treat any tension between heroines as sexual tension.

It is also strange, as if I read yaoi and yuri manga solely for the sake of hope to see there any opportunity for heterosexual ships.

I guess the vast majority of fictional works with romances being about hetero couples makes the LGBTQABCDEFG people feel kind of starved for relatability, and slash/femslash things a little too strongly, forgetting is just personal fanfiction (in most cases, ar least; DR3 trolled me with Juzo being actual closet gay).

I mean, there must be some people who watched Nanoha and conceived Yuno as a nice potential worthy romantic partner for Nanoha, yet nobody is suggesting their personal fanfics are canon...as far as I know. Cuz Nanoha-Fate-Vivio are clearly a lesbian family, by season 3. All canon and I am full okay with that...

Oct 20, 2018 5:32 PM

Fabris said:
I guess the vast majority of fictional works with romances being about hetero couples makes the LGBTQABCDEFG people feel kind of starved for relatability, and slash/femslash things a little too strongly, forgetting is just personal fanfiction (in most cases, ar least; DR3 trolled me with Juzo being actual closet gay).

I mean, there must be some people who watched Nanoha and conceived Yuno as a nice potential worthy romantic partner for Nanoha, yet nobody is suggesting their personal fanfics are canon...as far as I know. Cuz Nanoha-Fate-Vivio are clearly a lesbian family, by season 3. All canon and I am full okay with that...

Well, I understand that and I can easily understand yuri shipping in a show like Madoka or Nanoha. Even if we are talking about slash fanfiction around sports shounen serias. But lately, it’s all so obsessive and so roughly ignoring any possible context and motives in the interaction between the characters, that I’m already starting to be frightened.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »