Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2018 2:24 PM

Jun 2013
so they invented a disease for him
Oct 18, 2018 3:15 PM
Dec 2017
What i like the most about this show is that it's not overrated at all unlike other new shonen ( mha...)
Oct 18, 2018 3:43 PM

Jan 2008
They're really pushing the ship aren't they? Well at least we got Shirogane wearing a dress shirt with possibly nothing else. Kinky.

I think I'm actually okay with the kid getting kidnapped. I hate to complain about something so minuscule but his crying was starting to annoy me. So I think I'll prefer the rescue route than the protect one.

I'm overall more curious how the heck Narumi managed to survive so long, unless he didn't get it until a certain age or something.
Oct 18, 2018 4:00 PM

Oct 2017
Issmail22Lawfy said:
What i like the most about this show is that it's not overrated at all unlike other new shonen ( mha...)

You forget Fairy Tails and One Piece.

People already complained about the pacing and villains of this show when it's only episode 2, and it's a source material from 1996 which is older than your so-called popular shonen trope.

Heck, those people conveniently forget how many episodes it takes for Fairy Tails / One Piece/ Naruto to even start rolling in plot. Karakiri's Circus pacing is already pretty darn fast and get to the point real quick, and established motivation and characters way earlier.
And I heard the plot is still in intro-phase too.
Ventus_SOct 18, 2018 4:06 PM
Oct 18, 2018 4:13 PM
Dec 2017
Ventus_S said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

People already complained about the pacing and villains of this show when it's only episode 2, and it's a source material from 1996 which is older than your so-called popular shonen trope.

Heck, those people conveniently forget how many episodes it take for Fairy Tails / One Piece/ Naruto to even start rolling in plot. Karakiri's Circus pacing is already pretty darn fast and get to the point real quick, and established motivation and characters way earlier.

I think you missed the point the pacing is not a problem at all , the most important thing is how depth the story is .
How original the work is .
Those show you listed are original with depth story unlike the generic famous show named ( mha) sorry if you're a fan of mha .
But this show is better than mha at least as a story and characters
Oct 18, 2018 4:28 PM

Oct 2017
Issmail22Lawfy said:
Ventus_S said:

Heck, those people conveniently forget how many episodes it take for Fairy Tails / One Piece/ Naruto to even start rolling in plot. Karakiri's Circus pacing is already pretty darn fast and get to the point real quick, and established motivation and characters way earlier.

I think you missed the point the pacing is not a problem at all , the most important thing is how depth the story is .
Those show you listed are original with depth story unlike the generic famous show named ( mha) sorry if you're a fan of mha .

I think you misinterpreted my point too because I'm not defending MHA at all.
It was pretty good later on, but it was immensely over-rated too in my opinion.
(Like seriously, west already treat it like the #2 best anime ever base on a certain vote which is more like popularity contest.
Oh, and #1 ofc got voted One Piece cuz it got the most viewers.)
Oct 18, 2018 5:13 PM

Jun 2012
Ventus_S said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

Heck, those people conveniently forget how many episodes it takes for Fairy Tails / One Piece/ Naruto to even start rolling in plot. Karakiri's Circus pacing is already pretty darn fast and get to the point real quick, and established motivation and characters way earlier.

Well Fairy Tail I agree, now you can't compare to One Piece... It runs without breaks(unfortunately) and is always catching up to the manga, so the plot pace is what it is...
Karakiri has all the content released so it's their responsibility to pace the adaptation well, to me they are doing a good job I think.
Oct 18, 2018 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
Shirogane is such a badass, she crushed that killer like he was nothing! And Narumi is great too, it was because he was also there that Masaru was saved back then, but they let their guard down, and the poor boy was kidnapped, and it doesn't seem it's going to be easy to retrieve him. I wasn't expecting a situation like this so soon.

Masaru also suffered a lot, and now people are trying to kill or kidnap him just for money, a money he doesn't even want from a father he practically didn't even know. He doesn't deserve this, he just wanted his mother to have a grave, and to be able to live in peace, this was too much, no wonder Narumi cried for him. I also liked how he shared his past with Masaru in order to cheer him up.
Oct 18, 2018 5:40 PM

Oct 2015
I like Narumi and his disease.

I think so far this anime has a bit story behind it and I will be enjoying it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 18, 2018 7:37 PM
Jun 2016
I really enjoyed the first episode but I'm not to sure if this show is gonna go down hill or uphill. Shirogane is pretty cool and cute but Narumi seems a little basic or too simple and to pumped up for little reason idk. I still enjoyed the episode though and I hope the story gets better.
Oct 18, 2018 8:34 PM
Mar 2017
Things start to get complicated for Masaru.
An assassin appears, this guy wants to get rid of Masaru, but Shirogane and Arlequin are very strong, the other puppet was easily demolished, on the other hand Narumi turns out to be quite strong, defeating the other murderers who had Masaru.
Now that we know a little about Narumi's disease, I must say that it is a bit sad, the man should provoke laughter in people, otherwise it does not work.
Shirogane would be the perfect wife, in addition to having this ability to control Arlequin, also the bathroom scene made it clear that she has a spectacular body.
Another couple of bad guys kidnap Masaru, this time Shirogane and Narumi can´t do anything, but the murderer who appears at the beginning gives them a clue of the situation and who is the person who sent to kidnap Masaru, also warns Shirogane that the users of puppets that are in the mansion where Masaru is, are very strong and the puppets are more fearsome than she believes.
This anime has been very good to me until now, and after seeing the silhouettes of the next enemies that Shirogane and Narumi will face, I can anticipate good action scenes and the puppets will be even more spectacular.
Oct 18, 2018 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
Another very good episode!
so there's already 2 groups out there targeting Masaru huh...this gonna get messy!
5/5.

Oct 19, 2018 1:30 AM

Nov 2016
so uh was that the joker at the end?
Oct 19, 2018 3:18 AM

Mar 2009
Even with the explanation, this guy's disease still makes no sense. Still a good show regardless.
Oct 19, 2018 3:21 AM
Feb 2016
I don't get people that are bothered by Masaru, he's an 11 year old kid that has assassins and puppets after him and he doesn't even know why. What else would you expect him to do? I'd shit my pants

Still he does change a lot fairly quickly in the manga and from what I've seen in episode 3 PV it will happen way faster in the anime
Oct 19, 2018 5:10 AM

May 2016
Wow, this was another very tense episode.
Oct 19, 2018 7:13 AM

Jun 2017
as if i couldn't love this show more than i already did after episode 1, narumi becomes certified best boy.
Oct 19, 2018 7:20 AM

Apr 2017
Good episode, it certainly increased my opinion of this series. I wonder what is the point of assassin guy telling them all the information, if his job is to kill Masaru, then they are completely opposite in their goal. They share more in common with the kidnapping faction than them. It's a bit of a shame that Masaru is so weak, but it is realistic. A single child has little to do against adults like that. I'm more surprised that Shirogane let him go to the toilet alone so easily, it's a good place to kidnap him. Though I guess it's a matter of experience, with kidnappers/assassins having more experience than them.

I'm looking forward to see how this develops. I also like the vibe of old-school action anime that this show has.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Oct 19, 2018 7:53 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda like the MC ...who has the laugh syndrome....Enjoying it so far
Oct 19, 2018 8:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really enjoying this so far (And I'm starting to ship Shirogane and Narumi lol) and I can't wait to see what the deal with this kid's messed up family
Oct 19, 2018 1:35 PM

Mar 2018
All right, I already really liked the first episode and this one is no different. Puppets are probably gonna offer some great fights (even though I have trouble being impressed by action done by CGI models).

Now to the people talking about MHA : if you think that it's overrated than you should stop bringing it up into every discussion, just let it go and focus on the serie we're here for. It's fresh and original, unlike MHA sure, but I find in Karakuri what I love in MHA : expressive characters. Yes sometimes it feels forced and exagerrated, but there's no better way to quickly get a grip on a character's personnality and therefore caring for it.

So far the best series I'm watching.
Oct 20, 2018 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
A great episode overall.

Oct 21, 2018 3:40 AM

Jun 2013
I ship Shirogane and Narumi so hard. From the very first episode, I shipped them and he's getting turned on by her. Turns out, even the bad guys think she's hot.

She can cook, fight and she's tsundere.

Masaru better grow the fuck up though. Tired of him being a wimpy child. I hope in the 36 episodes this series has, he'll level up.
臭い-
Oct 21, 2018 5:29 AM
Sep 2013
Sokah said:
The 1980s called, they want their anime back. Not to say it's bad, but every time I see this I have to check what century I'm in.

Yeah, it's 2018! I want my shitty moe/harem/isekai anime! I don't want anything intersting and stylish, goddamn it!
Oct 21, 2018 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Well, I had hope for the series. However it fills up a lot of time with "slice of life" type gags.

I believe if a director needs to fill in time and can't make the story fluent, the show itself won't be good.
Oct 21, 2018 1:35 PM

Dec 2010
berial6 said:
Sokah said:
The 1980s called, they want their anime back. Not to say it's bad, but every time I see this I have to check what century I'm in.

Yeah, it's 2018! I want my shitty moe/harem/isekai anime! I don't want anything intersting and stylish, goddamn it!

Thank you
I was going to reply him something along those lines
Oct 21, 2018 5:46 PM

Jun 2015
I can't help but chuckle at the thought of these puppet fights actually being similar to stand battles in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

That being said, I'm amazed this anime isn't getting enough attention, its been a while since a dark horse Shounen type anime came into a season like this one.
Oct 21, 2018 6:04 PM

Mar 2014
This episode held my interest more than the first one, actually.
The characters are still pretty basic, but I like the direction they're going in.
Really hope the story picks up at some point.
Animation is nice, though, so I think I'll enjoy watching this just for that if nothing else.
::End of Transmission::

Oct 23, 2018 1:42 AM
Dec 2017
This episode was pretty good. ZONAPHA is really interesting. Also, I get that Masaru's being portrayed as weak and he has the "gotta get stronger" mentality, but, come on, he's a kid. It's only been episode 2 and he's still dealing with the fact that people are trying to kill/kidnap him for money he didn't even want.

Despite that...I will admit that it'll get old if he's just getting kidnapped over and over again.
Oct 23, 2018 2:05 AM

May 2018
I am not a fan of battle shounen but this here is watchable and using marionettes + karakuri techniques in the action scenes is pretty refreshing idea.
Oct 23, 2018 4:46 AM
Aug 2018
I really like the 90s anime vibe because I love vintage anime, so this is really doing it for me. The characters are all likeable, even if stereotypical. I'm currently reading the manga as well so I basically spoiled myself, but it was worth it.

I'm sad it seems very few people are watching though.
Oct 23, 2018 8:08 AM

Apr 2016
Damm this series and Shirogane are so good.
It pains me how underrated this series is.
BRAWLERS
Oct 23, 2018 8:51 AM

Oct 2015
I don't know why they're teaming up with someone who wants to kill the boy rather than the kidnapper lmao
Oct 24, 2018 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was even better than the first one. We're learning a little more about Narumi and Shirogane.

Now that Masaru has been kidnapped, I wonder how difficult it will be for the two of them to get him back?

Oct 24, 2018 6:02 PM
Dec 2017
Ventus_S said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

I think you misinterpreted my point too because I'm not defending MHA at all.
It was pretty good later on, but it was immensely over-rated too in my opinion.
(Like seriously, west already treat it like the #2 best anime ever base on a certain vote which is more like popularity contest.
Oh, and #1 ofc got voted One Piece cuz it got the most viewers.)

Sorry for the late reply (i was busy in my real life ).

How do you judge an anime you haven't seen ???
First : by your standard naruto and dragonball should be the most overrated since they are the most popular show now even they all have a score less than one piece that's means people just watching naruto or Db more than one piece even without looking at the score .
Second: considering your logic i could say gerren lagan is a popular show so it's overrated and i should give it 4/10 even that i hadn't watched it yet,i don't want to be rude but you have to change the way you're looking to things.
I hope someday you realize what I'm saying when you watch at least 50% of one piece before judging it.
This stand also for other show that you judge without seen it .

And have a good time
Oct 24, 2018 6:07 PM
Dec 2017
Seiya said:
This episode was even better than the first one. We're learning a little more about Narumi and Shirogane.

Now that Masaru has been kidnapped, I wonder how difficult it will be for the two of them to get him back?
I recommende reading the manga after every episode because they are cutting some important detail in every episode
Oct 26, 2018 5:03 AM

May 2016
I've decide to put this anime on hold or plan to watch because it's really boring and not much motivation is needed, and i need to focus on Zombieland Saga, once it get's more episodes I'll binged watch it alltogether.
Nov 23, 2018 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
That bath scene was Freaking Cool. I really liked her reaction. I seriously hope she don't die any time soon. She is Love
Jan 15, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
I guess the father didn't have a kid with his actual wife.
Lol, dunno if being kidnapped is better that being killed after seeing that creepy smile from the end.
Jan 29, 2019 2:19 PM

Mar 2014
Some character building here. I like how Narumi is always trying to cheer Masaru up and support him. His dynamic with Shirogane is entertaining to watch. I hope Shirogane gets a bit more development too.
I feel really bad for Masaru, the kid just can't catch a break. No wonder he feels miserable most of the time. I hope Shirogane and Narumi become a family for him that he can rely on and feel happy around.

The upcoming battles with the puppets sound promising, I hope they don't disappoint!
Feb 11, 2019 10:35 PM

Apr 2016
The puppets remind me of stands from JoJo, wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of inspiration there, even if I don't find them as interesting as stands but it's more interesting that what I saw of Ushio and Tora at least. Shirogane is okay I guess but when compared to any female character from what I've seen of Ushio and Tora she's amazing.
May 5, 2019 12:17 PM

Aug 2017
Too bad Masaru got kidnapped in the end. This episode took the time to get to know the characters a little better. Narumi's 'disease' is odd, but I like the idea. Also the bathroom intrusion was unnecessary. I like how Narumi and Shirogane look like parents to Masaru when they take care of him though.

Oh and it broke my heart to learn that Masaru wants to buy a grave for his deceased mother. I hope he will be able to grant this wish someday.
Jul 17, 2019 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder if tickling someone works for Narumi's condition

Gotta love Shirogane, the real waifu material

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2019

51 by ohnaur »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2019

26 by ohnaur »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:34 AM

» Was it well received in japan?

SinDrake - Nov 15, 2023

3 by SinDrake »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2019

20 by DANIELLL224 »»
Oct 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2019

22 by Dawizz »»
Aug 17, 2023 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.