Oct 18, 2018 5:37 PM

Jan 2015
My family is hella sexist
It's kinda tough being a women
And a tom boy at that

ur opinion = shit
Oct 18, 2018 6:04 PM

Dec 2013
I'd say my parents (especially my mom) are rather culturally liberal, even by today's standards. Just yesterday she said she wants to vote in church's elections for the first time to make sure more liberal women get elected. I'm pretty sure I've heard even my grandmother say she supports LGBTQ+ rights.

That being said, we haven't had much immigration before 2010s, so mistakes are bound to be made.
NthDegreeOct 18, 2018 6:09 PM
Oct 18, 2018 6:04 PM

Mar 2016
I grown up in kind of racist family.
Was mostly from my older half sisters side of family.
My side of family is mostly Asian why her side of family is mostly Caucasian.

Oct 18, 2018 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
My mother is a bit of a lowkey racist who believes and invests in some ignorant stereotypes, but not the overtly bigoted kind. She grew up with a racist mother, thus some of that ignorance reflected on her. I don't agree with much of the ignorance she's spewed at me.

On the contrary my dad comes from a very progressive background consisting of people who're from one of the more liberal cities in the country, his family overall is far more open minded than my moms, which is probably why I like them

I prefer my dads family except for my moms "rebel" middle sister aka the liberal one, her other sister is fucking annoying and even though my maternal grandmother did care about me I acknowledge that she was a racist / bigot as well as a nasty person tbh
Oct 18, 2018 6:12 PM

Sep 2012
Veneficia said:
Family isn't racist but my mom dislikes people from el Salvador.

It's pretty common to dislike Salvadorians in Mexico; mostly the older generation.
mine are the same towards pretty much anyone from central america.
they really don't like Argentinians though.
YomiyukiOct 18, 2018 6:15 PM

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Oct 18, 2018 6:15 PM

Oct 2017
Yomiyuki said:
Veneficia said:
Family isn't racist but my mom dislikes people from el Salvador.

It's pretty common to dislike Salvadorians in Mexico; mostly the older generation.
Would you mind if i ask why the hate?.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Oct 18, 2018 6:34 PM

Sep 2012
Fate_Saber88 said:
Yomiyuki said:
Would you mind if i ask why the hate?.
every country in latin america hates each other.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Oct 18, 2018 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
Usagi said:
Yeah, my family is extremely racist. They are also homophobic and intolerant of other religious beliefs. They aren't very good people, basically.

Same issues, besides the fact my parents and family don't like religious stuff at all. My parents still supported me going to church when I was young, and didn't throw a fit. I'd say slight homphobes too.
Oct 19, 2018 1:02 PM

Feb 2016
No none of my family are racist. Especially since I am black from my dad's side and white from my moms side.
Oct 19, 2018 1:30 PM

Oct 2015
Which definition of racism are we talking about? Is it the historical one or "I asked my asian friend if he had any noodles in the fridge and now he's throwing a tantrum." one?
Oct 19, 2018 2:09 PM

Oct 2017
Orhunaa said:
Which definition of racism are we talking about? Is it the historical one or "I asked my asian friend if he had any noodles in the fridge and now he's throwing a tantrum." one?
The historical racism and the mental racism.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Oct 19, 2018 7:19 PM
Aug 2018
Old people are like that, extremely stubborn and unwilling to accept
Oct 19, 2018 9:38 PM

Jun 2016
Never had that experience.

My grandparents are funny though, because they still use antiquated terms for other races; black people are "coloreds", Asians are "Orientals", etc.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Oct 20, 2018 2:59 AM
Sep 2018
It doesn't matter ..
Now shout with me , Molly Molly Molly Molly ....
Oct 20, 2018 7:51 AM

Jan 2016
well, not sure. Once we were walking around the city and my mom saw a black guy walking and she said to me: "look, a chocolate". Is that racist? Never heard them say anything like I wouldn't talk to black people or something like that, but yeah, oh well, my whole country is racist and almost 100% religious, so I can't change anything.
Oct 20, 2018 8:08 AM

Oct 2014
well my family is extremely religious so yeah they're racist and bigoted. they grew up with this Us vs Them mentality. They have xenophobia too.
Oct 20, 2018 8:14 AM

Dec 2017
I couldn't say that my parents are racist,more like patriots.

They have friends from other country but they sometimes seems to judge people by stereotypes .
If I told them that I wanna leave.they continuous tell me that in my country is better(which I disagree).
Oct 20, 2018 8:22 AM

Jul 2009
Wouldn't say my parents are racist, but they are indeed conservative. They like to judge other races by their stereotypes, although they harbor no offensive intent.
Oct 20, 2018 8:27 AM

Dec 2015
Skittles said:
Wouldn't say my parents are racist, but they are indeed conservative. They like to judge other races by their stereotypes, although they harbor no offensive intent.

I think that is a good stance to have. I am of the opinion that so long as a family does not encourage sexist and backwards thinking, they should be allowed to teach what they want to their children.
Oct 20, 2018 10:34 AM

May 2016
My family isn't racist and I'm glad that it's not. If it were I'd probably get tired of it and get easily annoyed because of anything racist they'll say

Oct 20, 2018 11:22 AM

Feb 2010
I grew upwith a white mom and black dad. And while I have not had to deal with racism from my own family. Also anyone in this thread saying "its natural." I should point out shitting and pissing on the floor is natural. Living without cloth is natural so is living without the internet. So is murder and rape.

Just because. Yout think something "natural." Doesn't make it ok to do it.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 20, 2018 11:31 AM
Aug 2016
Thankfully no. Or at least that's what I think. The race topic never came up into our conversations, so I don't quite know, but I think they aren't.
Oct 20, 2018 1:20 PM
Aug 2018
I'm sorry but this has nothing with anime to do
Oct 20, 2018 4:04 PM

Sep 2007
You know when your family says they are not racist, but then they start off on a story with: "Not to be racist, BUT..." and go on a 5-10 minute spiel about some bad incident that happened to them with a person of color back in the 70's? DATS RACIST.

Oct 21, 2018 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
I am mixed white/black.

On the white side of my family, my step-dad is friendly toward other races. However, he does hold some racial stereotypes, and is rather very proud of his white heritage. Nothing wrong with that last part tho. My younger step-sister once said she preferred latino/black men to white men, and my step-dad got offended lol.

Things are still racist on the black side of my family. Mainly toward Asians. A lot of our local shops are run by Asian families. Whenever we go there, they like to mock their accent and do the slanted-eye racist gesture. This is all behind the scenes though, they would never do it in front of them. They also make a lot of racist jokes about white people, but I think everyone makes racist jokes from time to time.
Oct 22, 2018 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
My mama is racist against gypsies and I am too, but where I'm from that is totally normal. She is a homophob too, but I got nothing against the gays.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

92 by dreamingneon »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 3 hours ago

2 by deg »»
15 minutes ago

» Is fanart cheating?

spaceslut - Mar 5, 2023

42 by dreamingneon »»
16 minutes ago

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

18 by dreamingneon »»
19 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 7 hours ago

11 by juanlqr »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.