Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2018 12:37 PM
Oct 2018
2 episodes in and we have already BLAZED through 20 chapters. 20. The first 13 ep season of MHA did 20 chapters.
Edit: We are roughly adapting TEN chapters that each consist of 15-18 pages per chapter in ONE episode. One.

I've personally read the manga and after watching the absolute train wreck that was episode 2 I realized the only way to actually watch this is if you were to take as a so bad it's good type of anime. I genuinely did not feel any level of emotion that wasn't "this is so bad" throughout both episodes.

This is coming from the guy that went "holy shit" at least a 100 times during the Arima vs Kaneki fight in the manga but this. This was just something else.
DootsOct 17, 2018 12:42 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2018 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
The Anime Is Skipping Almost an Entire Arc. At thiis Point you have to read the manga to Undertand the Anime and that is not how a Manga to Anime Adaptation is Supposed to Work.

This Show is Like A trainwreck. Its horrible but You can't stop looking at it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 12:43 PM

Dec 2016
i'm considering just dropping the whole anime at this point
Oct 17, 2018 12:43 PM
Oct 2018
Afloo said:
The Anime Is Skipping Almost an Entire Arc. At thiis Point you have to read the manga to Undertand the Anime and that is not how a Manga to Anime Adaptation is Supposed to Work.

Exactly, after hearing that it was going to adapt this many chapters in so little spaces I HAD to watch it, I was already used to 50-60 since we already went that 3 times but GO BEYOND PLUS ULTRA!
119 chapters in 12 eps? Now that, that is comedy gold right there.
Oct 17, 2018 12:44 PM
Oct 2018
utbrudd said:
i'm considering just dropping the whole anime at this point

Do yourself the favor, you'd only watch this the same way you'd watch a so bad it's good movie like The Room.
Oct 17, 2018 1:02 PM
Oct 2018
Pylia said:
Yes, now you understood the true greatness of this masterpiece adaption.
MHA? Adapting 2 chapters an episode? Nah screw that noise, I ain't got no time in this modern world to be watching that much, TG adapting 10 an episode? Now that, that is a good time.
Oct 17, 2018 1:24 PM
Nov 2016
You're joking right? This adaptation is a masterpiece.....
Oct 18, 2018 5:13 AM

May 2012
I don't care that much if adaptation is rushed or whatever. I don't even read the manga

I did enjoy Tokyo Ghoul:re episode 14 a lot. Arima fight is so good and entertaining (best fight I've seen in TG;re so far)

So, I don't care if they adapt 100 or 1 million chapter in 1 episode. As long as I enjoy the anime I will continue watching it.
Oct 19, 2018 12:54 AM

Jan 2018
Only to see some moments and fights animated.
Oct 19, 2018 1:06 AM

Jan 2018
119410501 said:
"So is anyone watching it seriously at this point?"

Yes.

I don't care about the manga, I still like the anime, and even if I read the manga I would still like the anime, because it's a different thing. Stop comparing, stop ruining MAL ANIME scores, misleading the ANIME audience.

First read the manga and then decide if you still like the anime or not, don't make assumptions. I was like you before, didn't read or care about any manga and said to people who kept saying ''anime is trash, manga is better'' that I don't care, I still like the anime. I watched Tokyo Ghoul S1 and scored 9, then Root A and scored 7. Then I heard Root A wasn't canon. For the first time I decided to read a manga. After I read the manga, I realized how much of disaster Root A was and changed my score to 1. If you had read the manga, you would realize the disaster that Re:2 is. And no, anime and manga are not different things. Anime adapts the manga.
Oct 19, 2018 5:02 AM

Feb 2018
Heh, seeing a manga you kept up with for years being destroyed is very heart breaking

I’m watching it just to see how bad can it become...
Oct 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Jan 2017
119410501 said:

Yes.

I don't care about the manga, I still like the anime, and even if I read the manga I would still like the anime, because it's a different thing. Stop comparing, stop ruining MAL ANIME scores, misleading the ANIME audience.

I haven't read the manga either, but I definitely wouldn't say the score is not justified, I didn't understand anything that was going on in ep 1. I agree with you that manga readers can be a bit harsh, I think that can be said about the first season of :Re, that one was pretty understandable and sure it sucks stuff got cut a got rushed, but that one was still comprehensible for anime only people imo.

If you can still enjoy it that's a great thing, but there is no way the comparision shouldn't be there, since it's so hard to understand the anime for most people (from what I saw in the first ep discussion forum, most anime only people were confused) without reading the manga at this point.
Oct 19, 2018 5:59 AM

Jan 2018
119410501 said:
oguba said:
After I read the manga, I realized how much of disaster Root A was and changed my score to 1.

Nice logic, that's why I don't trust MAL scores indeed.

Yup, nice logic indeed. I'm glad you like it. If it was an original show, I wouldn't have changed it. But if the adaptation and show differ that much when its suppose to be the same, I'll give it what it deserves. Root A isn't bad on its own, but when compared to manga I don't understand how can they screw up this bad.
Oct 19, 2018 6:50 AM

Jan 2017
119410501 said:

To be honest, I'm not confused with the anime, even with this fast pacing.
I honestly have an hard time understanding why seasonal anime series get hated so fast.
Scores are very misleading.
The same is happening with Rerided airing now, everybody says it makes no sense but I actually understand the plot with no problems and I really like it.
So yeah, luckily I can still enjoy the new Tokyo Ghoul:re, I guess. It would have been a waste to watch it just to hate on it.

Like I said, it is great if you can still enjoy it, and true about hate watching too, I personally just drop a series if I dislike it. But imo the scores aren't misleading, it's just an opinion of majority, and you aren't obligated to agree with it. I gotta say it's cool you can honestly say you enjoy something most people don't like, cause people on this site like to jump on you immediately to prove you wrong, which is stupid.

But I think it's good when people come in with genuine criticism, and while you don't have to agree with it since you don't have the problems with the show like they do, that doesn't mean those opinions are misleading or not valid. Just in this one case, there are more people who feel those problems.
Oct 19, 2018 6:56 AM

Jun 2014
No. At this point I'm just watching to see how much of a train wreck this can become. This adaptation is just atrocious.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 19, 2018 8:01 AM

Jan 2018
119410501 said:

oguba said:

Yup, nice logic indeed. I'm glad you like it. If it was an original show, I wouldn't have changed it. But if the adaptation and show differ that much when its suppose to be the same, I'll give it what it deserves. Root A isn't bad on its own, but when compared to manga I don't understand how can they screw up this bad.

No, it makes no sense, if the manga is a masterpiece, then the anime is just very good, not 1/10. That's just a hate score that misleads the audience and ruins the average score.

Like I said before, show isn't bad on its own. But they did an awful job adapting it. They basically disrespected the main source and they gave no effort to the show, they butchered it. You can't even call Root A an adaptation anymore. Btw you said you understand the plot. If you really understood everything without a problem, you have my respect.
Oct 19, 2018 9:05 AM

Sep 2015
119410501 said:

Yes.

That right there is probably the best advice, I also usually tend to think of manga and anime as two separate beings, maybe like cousins or smt, kind of related, but not

119410501 said:
oguba said:
After I read the manga, I realized how much of disaster Root A was and changed my score to 1.

Nice logic, that's why I don't trust MAL scores indeed.

Gotta sort of agree cuz for those who do not read manga and only watch the anime, these ratings really do not portray it's true score since on it's own, it might be ok and thus manga influenced scores really ain't good

but

on the other hand, if it's based on manga/ln...they gotta keep true to the original, it's anime adaption for a reason and I've always thought - if the original is good/popular enough to adapt it, why the hell change it? (unless it's like with Hajime Isayama and AoT s3 first cour where he himself wanted to improve his own work through anime)

thus it's kind of a double edged sword

However, this fast forward they're doing right now? It's rather difficult to keep up, so would say: half-seriously
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Oct 19, 2018 10:47 AM

Aug 2016
holiday498 said:
119410501 said:

To be honest, I'm not confused with the anime, even with this fast pacing.
I honestly have an hard time understanding why seasonal anime series get hated so fast.
Scores are very misleading.
The same is happening with Rerided airing now, everybody says it makes no sense but I actually understand the plot with no problems and I really like it.
So yeah, luckily I can still enjoy the new Tokyo Ghoul:re, I guess. It would have been a waste to watch it just to hate on it.

Like I said, it is great if you can still enjoy it, and true about hate watching too, I personally just drop a series if I dislike it. But imo the scores aren't misleading, it's just an opinion of majority, and you aren't obligated to agree with it. I gotta say it's cool you can honestly say you enjoy something most people don't like, cause people on this site like to jump on you immediately to prove you wrong, which is stupid.

But I think it's good when people come in with genuine criticism, and while you don't have to agree with it since you don't have the problems with the show like they do, that doesn't mean those opinions are misleading or not valid. Just in this one case, there are more people who feel those problems.
Perfectly said, and tbh it's not like a 7 is even a bad score lmao.
Oct 19, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2018
oguba said:

I didn't understand 100% of the Tokyo Ghoul content if you say the manga is way more in depth, but I understood what there is to understand in the anime, it's not that hard of a plot to be honest, I can interpret the missing links anyway on my own

But still I would recommend giving the manga a shot after you finish the anime. Even if you don't like reading, it will make you like reading. That's what it did to me.
Oct 19, 2018 3:46 PM
Sep 2013
119410501 said:

I didn't understand 100% of the Tokyo Ghoul content if you say the manga is way more in depth, but I understood what there is to understand in the anime, it's not that hard of a plot to be honest, I can interpret the missing links anyway on my own

The thing is that you only say that because it's what the anime is making you believe. Do you understand that Furuta was the one who made the metallic bars fall on Rize and Kaneki ? That Furuta is one of the Clowns, the real "villain" organisation of the manga placing spies in all groups.
That Dr.Kanou was supported by Aogiri for his experiences, that Eto provided him the corpse of fallen CCG soldiers during Anteiku Raid. Among them, Seido and Amon and that they transferred to them Yoshimura's Kakuhou in order to make "new Kanekis" with a CCG trained body.
That Amon was a failure and managed to escape but cannot return to CCG being a ghoul. Or that, Arima and Furuta are part of V and were tasked to keep an eye on Kaneki during his Black Reaper period.
That we don't know if Hide is dead, that in reality, before Kaneki fought Arima at the V14 at the end of the first manga, Hide offered to Kaneki to be eaten by him to be ready for the fight and that Kaneki hallucinating don't know if he has eaten him or not at the end, because Hide disappeared.

And many many other plot points simply erased.
Oct 19, 2018 3:48 PM

Nov 2016
It's actually a bit fascinating to watch such a half assed adaptation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2018 1:19 PM

Aug 2008
lol, as a manga reader i enjoyed root A ... the problem with re,is that they skip sonmuch that you do not understand much, plus the fight scenes fluidity is ...absent...no emotion, no nothing
although i will still wtch it until the end ,the manga derailed anyway toward the ending in my opinion as well o.o
The spider is watching
Oct 20, 2018 9:15 PM

Dec 2017
dany_elle1908 said:
lol, as a manga reader i enjoyed root A ... the problem with re,is that they skip sonmuch that you do not understand much, plus the fight scenes fluidity is ...absent...no emotion, no nothing
although i will still wtch it until the end ,the manga derailed anyway toward the ending in my opinion as well o.o
I agree. The manga had been a masterpiece only until Rushima arc, which they have ruined already by compressing it in just 3 episodes. While the rest of the manga... um, such a wasted potential.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 22, 2018 6:42 PM

Dec 2017
Afloo said:

Yeah, it is absolutely necessary to read the manga, even the manga is kinda hard to completely understand ;n;
Oct 23, 2018 2:31 AM

Apr 2016
I didn't read the manga but I feel that this anime is rushed. The animation looks extremely bad. I'm only watching it to see how bad it can be

Oct 23, 2018 6:01 AM
Oct 2016
Well I'm here for the soundtrack😌
Oct 23, 2018 6:06 AM

Aug 2016
I'm watching at this point just because I finished the other series and I'm a completionist, plus I want to see how bad the show can really get.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 24, 2018 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
I'm curious to see if they change anything. If Eto gets a better ending than the manga, I'll give it a 10/10 on the spot.
Oct 24, 2018 2:30 AM

Jun 2016
Anyone who haven t read the manga at this point. Should stop Watching this after end of Cochlea arc which is After Arima death. The series will become much much worse in everything. I am diehard TG fan who stick to the end. And all I get dissapointment after this arc just suggestion its your choice if you want to continue or not.

But don t be suprise how bad the arc after this become. Especially how worthless characters who are not named Furuta,Kaneki,Mutsuki,Touka and Urie.

Oct 24, 2018 2:42 AM

Jun 2009
oguba said:
Only to see some moments and fights animated.

same hype is gone ... even soo i liked the first re season cause of the new charas like urie but this isnt enjoyable anymore
Oct 24, 2018 3:38 AM
Nov 2017
Doots said:
2 episodes in and we have already BLAZED through 20 chapters. 20. The first 13 ep season of MHA did 20 chapters.
Edit: We are roughly adapting TEN chapters that each consist of 15-18 pages per chapter in ONE episode. One.

I've personally read the manga and after watching the absolute train wreck that was episode 2 I realized the only way to actually watch this is if you were to take as a so bad it's good type of anime. I genuinely did not feel any level of emotion that wasn't "this is so bad" throughout both episodes.

This is coming from the guy that went "holy shit" at least a 100 times during the Arima vs Kaneki fight in the manga but this. This was just something else.
they turned arima into some coward
It's now Operation 'Close Studio Perriot'
No other adaptation could be this worse
Oct 24, 2018 3:43 AM

Nov 2011
I've seen bad adaption but THIS. This is like nobody in the studio cares at all, they just want to get it done.

Oct 24, 2018 1:22 PM
Dec 2015
I'm a manga reader but I loved the first season of Tokyo ghoul gave it a 9 and while root A wasn't as good it still had some strong points even if the story didn't make sense. Anime shouldn't be judged based purely on how they compare to the manga. But this? This is just bad and not only compared to the manga. They suck all of the emotion out of the fights, the animation looks like it was made on PowerPoint, the music is so out of place it feels like it's shuffling randomly and the only good songs are the ones from the prior seasons, and so many other problems. I gave this a 5 and I honestly feel like that was generous.
Oct 24, 2018 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
At this point, i wouldn't be surprised, if the studio change the ending..
Oct 26, 2018 1:52 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Afloo said:

The manga went to shit, so its not surprising.
Oct 26, 2018 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
Afloo said:

IKR. The more I continue with the series, the more I got confused with the series. I am lost but well, I will just continue with it to see how messed up it can go on.
Oct 27, 2018 1:28 AM

Feb 2017
Not me, OP

Everyone read the damn manga. Please. JUST READ THE MANGA.THE MANGAAAAAAAAAAA
Oct 27, 2018 4:08 AM
Aug 2017
WinterEnlighten said:
Not me, OP

Everyone read the damn manga. Please. JUST READ THE MANGA.THE MANGAAAAAAAAAAA

not everyone read the manga, most of the anime audiences want to just enjoy the anime and understand the series without going through the manga
this adaptation is just very very bad
Oct 27, 2018 4:52 AM

Jan 2016
I'm going to put this on-hold and just read the manga. Then when I finish the manga, I will comeback to finish this and laugh at how bad it is.
Oct 28, 2018 1:54 AM

Aug 2016
Even though I know it's never getting better I still watch with hope. I don't usually ever drop anime so I'll stick to it no matter what lol.
Oct 28, 2018 2:33 AM

Mar 2012
I’m perplexed if I should keep watching as well.

Like many, I watched the first season and loved it. I watched Root A and still liked it, but it wasn’t remotely as good as the first season. I haven’t read the manga, so I didn’t know Root A wasn’t canon. I watched the first season of Re and disliked it because I didn’t know who half the characters were and why I should be invested in them. I stuck with it because maybe I thought the pieces would eventually fit together and I’d figure it out...yeah, I didn’t.

And then there’s this season...where I thought it would clarify what happened between Root A and Re...but instead, I Iegitimately don’t know what the fuck is going on. I’ve heard others say this season alone has pushed through an entire arc in just a few episodes...I believe it. This series is so insanely paced that with every episode I watch, I become even more confused than less...which is an absolute failure when you’re creating an anime because with every episode, there should be fewer questions, not more.

Part of me doesn’t want to drop this because I love the concept of Tokyo Ghoul...but at the same time, this is a narrative clusterfuck that I’m not at all enjoying...and judging by the reactions of those who have read the manga, it’s only going to get worse from here.

I’m VERY close to dropping it...but the completionist in me is telling me to continue to gut it out, no matter how much it hurts. Ugh...
Oct 28, 2018 8:13 AM
Aug 2017
Toucanbird said:
I’m perplexed if I should keep watching as well.

Like many, I watched the first season and loved it. I watched Root A and still liked it, but it wasn’t remotely as good as the first season. I haven’t read the manga, so I didn’t know Root A wasn’t canon. I watched the first season of Re and disliked it because I didn’t know who half the characters were and why I should be invested in them. I stuck with it because maybe I thought the pieces would eventually fit together and I’d figure it out...yeah, I didn’t.

And then there’s this season...where I thought it would clarify what happened between Root A and Re...but instead, I Iegitimately don’t know what the fuck is going on. I’ve heard others say this season alone has pushed through an entire arc in just a few episodes...I believe it. This series is so insanely paced that with every episode I watch, I become even more confused than less...which is an absolute failure when you’re creating an anime because with every episode, there should be fewer questions, not more.

Part of me doesn’t want to drop this because I love the concept of Tokyo Ghoul...but at the same time, this is a narrative clusterfuck that I’m not at all enjoying...and judging by the reactions of those who have read the manga, it’s only going to get worse from here.

I’m VERY close to dropping it...but the completionist in me is telling me to continue to gut it out, no matter how much it hurts. Ugh...

:Re didn't continue from Root A but from the manga so if you are waiting for something to connect Root A and :Re, you are waiting in vain. There are things you should know before starting :Re Kaneki's relationship with Banjou and Tsukiyama (in the manga, Kaneki didn't join Aogiri but form a group with Banjou and Tsukiyama) , the focus on one-eyed ghouls experiments, Kanou Akihiro's role, Rize is still alive, Hide was listed as missing instead of dead, Souta dropping the steel beams on Rize, the Yasuhisa twins etc.
Oct 28, 2018 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
has anyone been watching this seriously ever since tokyo ghoul season 2?
Oct 28, 2018 8:40 AM

Sep 2011
I ain't going to watch this season despite I've watched the 1st season of Re because Re is... ugh... it's disgusting to be honest. The charms that I saw when I watched the very first Tokyo Ghoul and I might include its second season too are all gone when this Re existed. I just wish I'll forget everything related to Re.

Oct 28, 2018 12:54 PM

Dec 2016
I skip minutes of this episode as they skip arcs, i skipped 5 mins 4x, took me 20 secs to watch the ep. Garbage
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Oct 28, 2018 11:34 PM
Feb 2012
yes people are seriously watching and seriously giving it 10s lol
humanity continues to be doomed a little further
Oct 29, 2018 7:05 AM

Jan 2013
yes, more than a few substantially have been watching this anime. why ask?
Oct 29, 2018 7:20 AM
Oct 2018
Hatred said:
has anyone been watching this seriously ever since tokyo ghoul season 2?

I thought what little I saw of S1 was decent for Clowns level but... this just... hah
Oct 29, 2018 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
119410501 said:

Yes.

why are we ruining mal anime scores ?
Why are we misleading the anime audience?

Its the fact that TG went downhill after season 1.

Even you stop comparing theres too much flaws in Season 2/3/4 to make it worth the 7/8 scores.

How about you have a sense abit and stop being a fangays?
Oct 30, 2018 6:18 AM

Aug 2014
119410501 said:
Xaelath said:

why are we ruining mal anime scores ?
Why are we misleading the anime audience?

Its the fact that TG went downhill after season 1.

Even you stop comparing theres too much flaws in Season 2/3/4 to make it worth the 7/8 scores.

How about you have a sense abit and stop being a fangays?

Why am I still quoted in this thread?
I don't need toxic community opinion anymore.

Said someone who have been blinded over the truth.
Accept it.
It doesn't deserve an 8.
7 is generous, 6 is fair.
It could be 5 once it ends.
Your name also questionable unless you're here to shitpost which likely.

Why you even bother to came here if you know how toxic it is.
No one really care about the score either way unless if it drops less than 6 you know something really wrong with the anime.

No one is here is misleading, and your post also opinion.
So both of us doesn't matter.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

201 by Cross___ »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.