Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2018 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
Loved the episode.
What an embarrasing yet sincere and endearing way to say I love you, all to get everyone to remember mai.
“Well i can’t wait a month, so how about everyday” lol sasuga rascal.
Oct 17, 2018 2:29 PM

Feb 2014
Short_Circut said:
Also never realized it but the ED is pretty lit

Kinda fluffy and heart warming considering there's gonna be one for each female focus.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 17, 2018 2:29 PM

Jan 2018
FuyuNoRei said:
ArjunAugusto said:
I thought it was just me it's going exactly like bakemonogatari

I just saw your post after submitting mine

I haven't read LN or manga, but, I realy hope it won't be the same

All I am hoping for is that Mai to not get Senjougahara fate
Oct 17, 2018 2:35 PM
Jan 2017
Another great episode! Sakuta and Mai's relationship is evolving nicely, and Mai's sudden disappearance from people's memories adds a nice level of pathos to the series. Sakuta's affirmation of his feelings towards Mai is very heartwarming, if a bit clichéd. I'm very interested to see where the series will go now that Sakuta and his friends have a somewhat clear grasp on what Adolescence Syndrome can do.
Oct 17, 2018 2:43 PM

Jun 2017
Now that confession was crazy, didn't think he would bring Mai back like that, caught me off guard. These episode had everything good in it. Can't wait to see how the relationship develops while solving the other cases.
Oct 17, 2018 2:43 PM

Mar 2016
Hmm. Take an interesting concept and explain it in the most boring way possible, they really ran with that theme til the end. They could have done so much better by not invoking Schrödinger's cat, but I guess that would require some creativity or intelligence.

Grumbling aside, I liked the episode more than I was expecting, it made me feel something which is kind of an achievement for this deadpan show. But with Mai's story done, is there really any point in continuing?
Oct 17, 2018 2:44 PM

Jul 2016
Minar-kyun said:
What I was afraid of most did happen and Sakuta forgot about Mai. However the way he remembered everything during the test was pretty touching. His love confession for Mai Infront of everyone was a great scene too.

Now Question: How does this show work? Does the story reset after each arc meaning we will not be seeing any more of Mai-senpai? Or does it work like Monogatari?
I mean we got "Bunny Girl" in the title of the anime, so I hope we'll be seeing more of Mai-senpai.
Oct 17, 2018 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
That confession scene was really hard to watch. Extremely awkward. Their chemistry continues to be fantastic tho.
Oct 17, 2018 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
ArjunAugusto said:
FuyuNoRei said:

I haven't read LN or manga, but, I realy hope it won't be the same

All I am hoping for is that Mai to not get Senjougahara fate

If by that you're wondering if she's going to get sidelined hard like Senjougahara was despite being the "main" girl, then don't worry she remains relevant.
Oct 17, 2018 2:54 PM

Aug 2018
This anime is so wholesome. I was nearly crying of joy, because the dude was doing something (the cofession) I would never do. Thank you past me for picking this anime out to watch just because it had a bunny girl on the cover. :-P
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 17, 2018 2:57 PM
Jan 2017
next episode a new heroine will appear ?

i began to think that this anime like Amagami and Amagami SS which every 3 episode a new character be the heroine .. i hope i'm wrong and mai still be the main heroine
Oct 17, 2018 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
wow, this reminds me of monogatari, the first arc about the girl he loves and then I hope it goes down towards the many many routes that monogatari has where there are tons of great stories with great characters
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 17, 2018 3:01 PM

Jul 2017
That was brilliant. A perfect episode for this show.

The confession was awkward but it was meant to be like that. Especially after everything with the Adolescent Syndrome and everyone forgetting about Mai, it had to be awkward.

The chemistry continues to be fantastic, the dialogue continues to be fantastic, and I'm really gassed.

I'm sensing this and JoJo Part 5 would have a tight competition for my favorite Anime of the Season spot.
Oct 17, 2018 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
This was good, but it would've been SO much better if they had given the two of them more episodes together. Right now, for me, this was just good but rushed.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 17, 2018 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
This is by far my favorite anime this season. It's been a while since I've actually cheered for a couple, and loved them both (just like AraraGahara)
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Oct 17, 2018 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
Otaku4ever10 said:
next episode a new heroine will appear ?

i began to think that this anime like Amagami and Amagami SS which every 3 episode a new character be the heroine .. i hope i'm wrong and mai still be the main heroine

Oh, don't you worry. Mai will play a key role from now on, regardless of the fact that new characters come into focus.

Rather, just the opposite. The next episode should have two of my favorite Sakuta/Mai scenes evah.
Oct 17, 2018 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode. This season has been pretty awesome until now. The screaming scene was weird, even though it makes sense, but apart from that, great. All the scientific explanations sound a bit pretentious, though. It's not bad, just a weird fit. I feel they are just scratching the surface of it for effect rather than being essential with it.

syncrogazer said:
But with Mai's story done, is there really any point in continuing?

It will be like Monogatari. He'll find other girls with adolescent syndrome to save and slowly build his harem. I just hope he won't flirt with everyone like Araragi, the anime style doesn't really fit with that.
Satyr_iconOct 17, 2018 3:21 PM
Oct 17, 2018 3:22 PM

Feb 2015
The writing of the character interactions is fantastic. This was a wonderful episode, they could have stretched it out longer but in interested to see where this series goes. As long as we get more Mai senpai.

Seriously this could be the best romance anime in 2018 but I don't want to jinx it.
Oct 17, 2018 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
Oh wow,.. I fully expected this to be drawn out over the full 13 episodes; Sakuta losing his memory of Mai, and then regaining it.

Instead it seems follow the Hyouka format, in which the main duo gets established first, and then presented with various mysteries, developping their relationship (not necessarily in a romantic way) along the way.

The Monogatari series gets mentioned a lot too I noticed, but I find this show's style to be too different for that comparison. I do hope it stays like that, and that the other arcs won't turn this into a faux harem. Nothing wrong with that, or with the Monogatari series, but it not in this show please.

LiquidGold said:
That confession scene was really hard to watch. Extremely awkward. Their chemistry continues to be fantastic tho.

I actually found it to be quite palatable, much more so than in a lot of other shows. It fitted them, and what it overdid, it overdid clearly for the sake of restoring Mai's existance.

EDIT:
meatbun_ said:
He'll find other girls with adolescent syndrome to save and slowly build his harem. I just hope he won't flirt with everyone like Araragi, the anime style doesn't really fit with that.

I guess you beat me to it =P
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 17, 2018 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
meatbun_ said:
Great episode. This season has been pretty awesome until now. The screaming scene was weird, even though it makes sense, but apart from that, great. All the scientific explanations sound a bit pretentious, though. It's not bad, just a weird fit. I feel they are just scratching the surface of it for effect rather than being essential with it.

syncrogazer said:
But with Mai's story done, is there really any point in continuing?

It will be like Monogatari. He'll find other girls with adolescent syndrome to save and slowly build his harem. I just hope he won't flirt with everyone like Araragi, the anime style doesn't really fit with that.

He'll probably do it, sadly. This is the "problem" with these kind of shows, there is a certain glow only one character can have, and the fact no girl gets to be the "special one", takes a lot of meaning from the show, at least for me.
I hope I'm wrong, as I haven't read the LN, But, I have the feeling I'm not.
Oct 17, 2018 3:26 PM

Aug 2013
I was honestly really disappointed when Sakuta just "magically" remembers that he forgot about Mai during the middle of his exam.
Oct 17, 2018 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
Nokkun said:

He'll probably do it, sadly. This is the "problem" with these kind of shows, there is a certain glow only one character can have, and the fact no girl gets to be the "special one", takes a lot of meaning from the show, at least for me.
I hope I'm wrong, as I haven't read the LN, But, I have the feeling I'm not.

Yeah, that worked in Monogatari because it had too much parody vibes around it and the writing was clever enough for us to overlook stuff for the sake of effect, but Bunny Girl is too sober and far more, uh, "realistic". It will be really stupid if it suddenly turn out to be just another harem.

I really hope it doesn't try to pull a fullblown Monogatari.
Oct 17, 2018 3:36 PM

May 2017
skeyupower said:
I was honestly really disappointed when Sakuta just "magically" remembers that he forgot about Mai during the middle of his exam.

It wasn't really random, he remembers a question from studying with Mai last night and that triggers a whole bunch of memories. I think they probably could have done it in a better way though.

Kuroshiro Ahegao #3542

Oct 17, 2018 3:49 PM

Aug 2014
FuyuNoRei said:
Is it just me or is it realy becoming more like monogatari series?

Now is that so bad?
Personally I welcome it, monogatari series is my favorite. Even if it turns out to be a "poor-mans" monogatari it will just keep me satisfied until more monogatari is released.
Oct 17, 2018 4:06 PM

Mar 2015
Tokoya said:
Best couple of 2018 and I don't care what anybody says....This episode was FUCKING BEAUTIFUL and that's all I have to say

Seeing Mai let Sakuga forget her followed by his realization that he forgot her and then that AMAZING confession easily makes this episode one of the most memorable things that I've seen in an anime all year

Well said! I completely concur.
The sword that takes life gives life
Oct 17, 2018 4:08 PM

Sep 2014
Ehhh the resolution to Mai's situation seems very sudden and, frankly, something like a very loud confession is not what I expected to get considering all the mood and buildup. Pretty cheesy. I'm just a little bit disappointed. I don't hate it, in fact I still think its cool in its own way, I actually love cheese like that sometimes, but my expectations of some smart and unique finale to this were betrayed. But whatever.
Continuing to watch for sure, as I like the two characters too much.

Now my hope is there's still screentime of them both and not Mai completely shoved to the side to focus solely on some other, worse girl
ImaishiOct 17, 2018 4:19 PM
Oct 17, 2018 4:12 PM

Jul 2017
this must have been a movie and end here
Oct 17, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Damn, that part where Mai lets Sakuta forget her was so sad. :(

I was wondering what Sakuta was going to do when he started running after he finally remembered Mai but when he got to the field I kinda knew what he was gonna do. Respect for Sakuta for doing what he did, that took a lot of guts and it must've been embarrassing as hell to him but what's a little embarrassment in a confession right? Gotta really hand to him, he's pretty cool. XD

I do think that I would've liked this even more if they had made Mai's arc a little longer and added more interaction between the two, cause those were really the most entertaining parts of the arc. I just hope Mai's presence doesn't diminish in future episodes cause that would be disappointing, gimme some couple development.
Oct 17, 2018 4:35 PM
Apr 2017
really liked the episode
Oct 17, 2018 4:42 PM

Jan 2012
It's an interesting story so far, and it looks like we've got more cute girls on the way...

Definitely one of the better shows this season so far.
Oct 17, 2018 4:47 PM

Dec 2015
I really don't know if I enjoyed this episode or not. In one hand, we have their relationship just getting better in every aspect, but in the other hand, we have that cringe confession. I still will mantain my score for now, but I'm not sure if this show will continue to improve after the events of this episode
Oct 17, 2018 4:50 PM

Jul 2016
I really like their interaction with each other, it's like they're real people and not just a collection of dumb tropes forced into shitty characters with skin deep personalities, like in most anime romances.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the entire manga was wrapped up in just 3 episodes, so the rest of the season will actually be new material for me.

edit:
And yes, the confession was cringy, but I'm certain he did that intentionally to force everybody in the school to remember/recognize her.
seeker_mocOct 17, 2018 4:55 PM
Oct 17, 2018 4:52 PM
Oct 2018
So the show used all the 21 chapters of the manga and put it in 3 episodes. I like the show a lot, but I dont know where it's going to go from here, unless the light novel has more to it.
Oct 17, 2018 5:03 PM

Apr 2017
The feels man... ;(

The confession scene was so emotional and embarrassing at the same time, I was expecting a kiss or at least a hug but duuude I'm loving this anime so far. It feels like the story could finish right there but I'm hoping to watch some more of Sakuta's and Mai's story together. Can't wait for next week! ^^

Oct 17, 2018 5:29 PM

Sep 2017
Huh, I really wasn't expecting that to be resolved so quickly. Kinda thought there would be a bit more of a struggle to get his memory back, especially since he blew his diary message off. Not 100% on board with that, but to look on a positive note I think there is still a lot of potential with this. I really like the chemistry Mai and Sakuta have, so the fact that they are together now will hopefully bring good things. Seems the series will focus on Sakuta helping other characters with cases of adolescence syndrome. I just hope Mai will continue to be a major character during all this.
Oct 17, 2018 5:29 PM

Jun 2017
It really feels like watching a Re-Release of the Monogatari series
Dude saves Girl - Arc Over - next Girl joins the Harem?

I like where this is going, but i hope that Maii is still going to have some screentime
Oct 17, 2018 5:31 PM
Nov 2015
So it seems like this is gonna be like the Monogatari Series where the MC will solve various supernatural problems. I hope it can keep the quality. I'm loving it up until now.
Oct 17, 2018 5:45 PM

Jul 2017
I have one thing to say regarding the episode: Really fast paced. Though for some reason, I was bothered only by 15%.

How Sakuta solved Mai's problem was too funny and awesome that I just can't help but love this one so much!

Pros and Cons of the episode:

Pros:
+ Sakuta's determination to not forget Mai by not sleeping at all. And Mai decided to put an end to his not-sleeping plan so he won't suffer.
+ How Sakuta solved Mai's problem.

+ Sakuta and Mai
As much as I have mixed feelings regarding fast pacing, I still love it when anime does that.

Cons:
- Really fast paced. Well, that's what you get for trying to cram 5 light novels in just 13 episodes. Then again, like I said, I was only bothered by 15%. It definitely will bother others though.

I was genuinely surprised that the score rose again. I expected a lot of people would be put off by the pacing. (Of course there will be people who do that) But who knows? Let's see how the next episodes will be like...

My rating is 4.5/5 for the episode~

Hoping that for the other girls' arcs, Mai still makes a lot of appearances later. I know why she probably won't be around for a while (What she said in Episode 2), but really hoping her relevance to the plot remains the same. Especially the fact that I love their relationship and chemistry and I want to see more.

I demand more Sakuta x Mai moments!

"That wasn't the final Puberty Syndrome incident." Clearly, since there are other girls in the OP...
Mikura39Oct 17, 2018 6:09 PM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Oct 17, 2018 5:45 PM

Feb 2016
And this kiddos, is what you call an Alpha Male with Golden Balls, Iron Dick and heavily haired chest!

Btw, how is that this anime is suddenly at 8.22? I don't remember it being near 8 lol
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 17, 2018 5:49 PM
Jun 2016
I just hope that now were done the mai's arc that the rest of the show will be good :> Because for me alot of what made it great, was their interactions, the romance, the just being there for each other.
Oct 17, 2018 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
don't think i would've been able to handle that confession if it happened inside the school everyone kinda seem to be silently watching ,guess hes earned his cheeky confident tone after having a heart of iron.

all in all i feel like this was too short since it seems to be moving on now that hes gotten his "Senjougahara" time to work on the other girls
Oct 17, 2018 5:55 PM

Jul 2014
So first off I was scared that this'll turn out like Amagami where we change heroines from arc to arc every 3-4ish eps, so I rushed in here to ask people and thank God that wasnt the case, was about to stop watching if it that was the case, I love Sakuta X Mai too dang much.

That being said I knew a lot of people including myself would skip that cringy confession scene, the chemistry of those 2 is amazing, just like the other guy that already said this, I'll repeat it, BEST COUPLE OF 2K18 SAKUTA X MAI!
Oct 17, 2018 6:02 PM

Jul 2017
This was everything I wanted and more.

To cram 5 LN volumes of 13 episodes seem like a sham more than anything, this episode proved that it took the Monogatari concept and shamboozled 13 plot-and-filler episodes into 3 episodes in terms of pacing, which was awkward but I do like when they just get straight to the point and not waste time with dumb exposition and whatnot. And it was brilliant.

With that said, the Sakuta X Mai ship is really still going strong...having to have the world without Mai seems like a typical society thing where people don't have time for one another, and I can relate heavily to that. You definitely don't want your presence to be hidden if you have friends who really care about you, and when it does, it bites hard.

That confession though. Super duper awkward "I can die from embarrassment kyah!!!" but it was necessary to revive Mai from the depths of people's (well at least the school) minds and clear the air of Sakuta's rumour. And all that cliche and troupes of a typical high school rom-com are there, but glad that there's a twist to them and really don't overstay their welcome.

Next episode, another girl? This series blend with the mix of Monogatari and SNAFU, so here's hoping that quality will last the next 2 months, and count it as AOTS (non-sequel) and AOTY contender.
KANLen09Oct 17, 2018 6:08 PM
Oct 17, 2018 6:06 PM

Apr 2018
If this had been a OVA of 3 episodes this would've been a great ending to the series. Now I'm intrigued to see what's coming next. This for me is one of the surprises of the season. 9/10
Oct 17, 2018 6:18 PM

Nov 2011
YEAH BOYS! Fuck man this anime is amazingly good. It's just something new and different and breaks the mold form other high school romance bullshit anime. It looks like it's going to have arcs like Bakemono has but this has a different feel and level then Bake.

Jesus that confession was amazing! Mai x Sakuta FTW!!!

Can we talk about how fucking amazing the opening and ending are though?!?! Holy lord so good.

Oh also I am guessing Mai sister is Sakuta's first love and that one month Period Mai gave to Sakuta I feel like the sister's going to come home into Mais life..then that will test Sakuta's love.
SoraSenpaiOct 17, 2018 6:21 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 17, 2018 6:31 PM

Jan 2008
So I'm guessing this series will be one of those, 'new arc, new girl, new problem' type shows like Monogatari, Index, etc.

Can't say I was a fan of how the problem was resolved but it's supernatural and the author can do whatever I guess. The confession was amusing none the less.
Oct 17, 2018 6:48 PM

Jan 2015
I love how Mai’s ‘disappearance’ was resolved only three episodes into the series, because they were smart enough to recognize that it would not believably sustain for any longer than that... And the way Sakuta ‘brought her back’, in a sense, was beautiful. I’m digging that this is seemingly going to be somewhat of an anthology series, focussing on different characters being affected in different ways by the Adolescent Syndrome. Mad digging it!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Oct 17, 2018 6:55 PM

May 2010
Can't really remember what happened in this episode other than "cookie", "cookie", "cookie".
Oct 17, 2018 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
So Monogatari but faster paced confirmed. Well that confession was for the win at least. Congrats Seishun Buta Yarou, you're not going to my drop bin after all.
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

517 by parteeksingh »»
Apr 10, 6:32 AM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.