Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2018 11:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it seems people don't remember Mai...

The weird thing here is that Sakuta seems to be the only person who remembers her. Sounds really strange honestly. In the meantime, Sakuta hopes to make Mai more visible as a member of society.

I think in general, this show/episode retains a mystique in regards to its social content while the character relationship between Sakuta/Mai is constantly developing. That was also a hell of a confession out there.
Stark700Oct 17, 2018 11:52 AM
Oct 17, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2016
Subs are pretty late
EDIT: Pretty good episode, how's the light novel? I heard it goes full-on sci-fi later on
DrPlonkerOct 17, 2018 1:23 PM
Oct 17, 2018 12:08 PM

Apr 2010
So the anime cought up with it starts and Mai is remembered tho the main made a fool out of himself to achieve it.
Anyway it was a nice episode tho the staying awake part wasn't very smart of the main.
Anyway i am looking forward to what he has to solve next.
Oct 17, 2018 12:50 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Best couple of 2018 and I don't care what anybody says....This episode was FUCKING BEAUTIFUL and that's all I have to say

Seeing Mai let Sakuga forget her followed by his realization that he forgot her and then that AMAZING confession easily makes this episode one of the most memorable things that I've seen in an anime all year

Fucking brilliant....Looking forward to seeing the other mysteries he has to solve starting next week and I'm gonna need to see the best couple kiss at least once lol
Oct 17, 2018 12:55 PM
Jan 2018
hope mai shows up still and not turn into a background character like Senjōgahara did
Oct 17, 2018 12:56 PM

Mar 2018
Worst thing about being invisible for others: You cannot pet good bois.

This was really interesting! The writing keeps going strong and finally we get some emotions involved in it! If it keeps going like this, then it will be an AOTY contender!
Oct 17, 2018 12:57 PM

Apr 2015
Mattinator95 said:
hope mai shows up still and not turn into a background character like Senjōgahara did

I don't think this really counts as a spoiler but rest assured, that's not the case.
Oct 17, 2018 12:59 PM
Jan 2018
Fappa said:
Mattinator95 said:

I don't think this really counts as a spoiler but rest assured, that's not the case.

they seem to have not added the hug , https://i.imgur.com/mcsoNW4.png
Oct 17, 2018 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
Mattinator95 said:

they seem to have not added the hug , https://i.imgur.com/mcsoNW4.png

I don't see how this is related to the topic but yes I noticed. At this point I think it's a director choice to simply tone down physical contact at first and to gradually build it up. It fits more in the way he portrays the characters ( as in more bantery, flirty etc. ). So I'm fine with that.
Oct 17, 2018 1:07 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode. While the mystery behind Mai deepens its good that there are now some clues that can be determined. Sakuta's determination to not forget Mai through not sleeping was admirable. The revision lesson was quite amusing due to their interactions though it was sad seeing Mai take that step to stop Sakuta. The confession though was equally bold and amusing. Its nice that in the end Mai not just become visible but accepted Sakuta as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 1:08 PM

Apr 2016
It felt like the show blazed through twelve episodes in 2. Not a bad thing though. I really like the breakneck pace of the storytelling so far. The chemistry between the two MC's is one of the best of the year so far too.
Oct 17, 2018 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
I’m quite satisfied this episode. I want moar moar moar!
Oct 17, 2018 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
I thought this would be the grand finale of the story, but well, it's here already, right on episode 3! So I assume the other girls who show up in the opening - including Futaba, maybe? - will also suffer from adolescence syndrome?

Dat confession btw. When he remembered Sakurajima and when he finally heard her voice ♥
Oct 17, 2018 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing, emotional, borderline perfect. Those are the words that came to my mind as I watched this episode.
Sakuta's dedication was so very well depicted, and really showed his true character. Till this ep, it could have been nothing but a crush, a simple ephemeral feeling. Yet, all doubts were cleared today, as Sakuta did everything in his power to remember Mai. When she opened her hand, and showed the pills, my heart skipped a bit. It has been a while since a scene made me so mad, scared and pissed, as part of me thought that would be it.
Also, Mai crying made me instantly tear. I think we got to see all sides of her character this ep. Her tsun side, mixed with her caring, lowkey sassy and shy nature is just wonderful.
The ending was just perfect, him "facing everyone", confessing to her, and believing he could bring her back was just wonderful. The moment she said "You don't have to say it in such a loud voice, I hear you", I must have gotten the silliest, stupidest smile lol. "Baka.. Baka, Sakuta", indeed :p

As it was already said here, I just hope Mai doesn't turn into a side character now, as it will make me wanna drop the show, not to mention how it would screw the show for me, emotionally speaking.

Now, I'll be a fan boy for some mins and put a silly 9/10 on that score.
Oct 17, 2018 1:20 PM

Nov 2016
There go all my feels for this week. I thought Koi wa Ame would have my favorite pair of the year, but this seems even better so far.

This is what I want when it comes to romance anime.

Tokoya said:
Best couple of 2018 and I don't care what anybody says....This episode was FUCKING BEAUTIFUL and that's all I have to say

I got you man.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2014
Yeah this has quickly turned into one of my least favourite anime this season, this ep just killed me.
Oct 17, 2018 1:26 PM
Dec 2015
I really like this anime, but the confession part was way too cringey haha
Oct 17, 2018 1:31 PM
Feb 2008
Well, as LN reader I am not rly satisfied cuz they left out too much of vol 1 ending. But still it is not bad adaptation. Now I just worry about volumes 3 and 4 cuz they will have just 2 episodes for each vol... but we will see.
Oct 17, 2018 1:33 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tokoya said:

Feel the same way I have to say. I'm actually considering dropping this now to leave on a high point, lol. Don't want to have to suffer them splitting up later or something like that. Unless it really follows the Monogatari framework.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 17, 2018 1:42 PM

Apr 2018
oh god i love this couple
Thank you Japan for all the weird shit
Oct 17, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2017
What I was afraid of most did happen and Sakuta forgot about Mai. However the way he remembered everything during the test was pretty touching. His love confession for Mai Infront of everyone was a great scene too.

Now Question: How does this show work? Does the story reset after each arc meaning we will not be seeing any more of Mai-senpai? Or does it work like Monogatari?
hitsuu137Oct 17, 2018 1:57 PM
Oct 17, 2018 1:49 PM

Apr 2015
Just beautiful, by far my best pair of 2018. Even in this episode, their interactions are so good.

That confession took quite some courage to do so, but in the end everyone remembered Mai again, so it was for the greater good!

This anime really is playing with my feels, but honestly can't wait to see if they can keep it up like this! Strong contender of AOTS!!
Oct 17, 2018 1:50 PM

Mar 2017
Who is this dude anyway? Spoil me I don't mind. Please do use spoiler tag.
Oct 17, 2018 1:52 PM

Feb 2016
Minar-kyun said:

He is a guy, i think
Oct 17, 2018 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Is it just me or is it realy becoming more like monogatari series?

Mar 2017
Supercueca said:
Minar-kyun said:

He is a guy, i think
Funny. Yet not funny.

Aug 2018
Love how quickly things are going. Funny how it took the manga 22 chapters to reach this point though, but let's not talk about that mess.

Still gotta read the LN though
"But... Even so, there's a world I wish to protect! Your future, your tomorrow is yours and yours alone! It belongs to no one but yourself!"
Oct 17, 2018 1:55 PM

Apr 2009
R0B3R70 said:

Ikr, had to actually pause and brace myself for that.

It's just that it kinda feels like we've peaked with this episode, and moving forward the show will slow down and things will get watered down. Hope to be wrong though!

Oct 17, 2018 1:57 PM
Oct 2017
I’m not really sure where the show is supposed to go from here since he confessed in the third episode but I’m still very interested in this show
Oct 17, 2018 2:03 PM
Dec 2015
Lustreless said:
R0B3R70 said:

Ikr, had to actually pause and brace myself for that.

It's just that it kinda feels like we've peaked with this episode, and moving forward the show will slow down and things will get watered down. Hope to be wrong though!

I too paused it when he got ib front of everyone. I think the confession its just the start of the plot. I kinda like it when they get right into it from the beggining.
Oct 17, 2018 2:07 PM

Jan 2018
That confession was something

Huh a great couple I love both of their chemistry so did all of Mai's problems solved ?

Everything is good something has been bothering me after seeing next ep preview I know this might trigger somebody but it gives of bakemonogatari vibe it might be just me
Supercueca said:
Minar-kyun said:

He is a guy, i think

Please don't let this be a TRAP I want a TRAP free 2018
ArugustorOct 17, 2018 2:17 PM
Oct 17, 2018 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
no no no no no no
I literally could not watch that. As soon as I realized what he was doing, I took about a 30 minute break, then watched the rest without volume.

Minar-kyun said:
Supercueca said:

He is a guy, i think
Funny. Yet not funny.

I agree, he does appears to be a guy.
lol
Oct 17, 2018 2:10 PM

Jan 2018
FuyuNoRei said:
I thought it was just me it's going exactly like bakemonogatari

I just saw your post after submitting mine
Oct 17, 2018 2:14 PM
Feb 2009
Tokoya said:

Seeing Mai let Sakuga forget her followed by his realization that he forgot her and then that AMAZING confession easily makes this episode one of the most memorable things that I've seen in an anime all year

Fucking brilliant....Looking forward to seeing the other mysteries he has to solve starting next week and I'm gonna need to see the best couple kiss at least once lol

Agreed.. I love this anime already.
Oct 17, 2018 2:18 PM

Jan 2018
Good episode although I'm worried where it will go from here now that everyone is already aware of Mai again.
Oct 17, 2018 2:20 PM

Sep 2017
It's pretty nice. I like romance that doesn't just go around in a circle forever. It's also very fresh (in anime) to have high school characters who are sensitive to other people's emotion and is capable of flirting and romancing with each other in a more sophisticated manner.
Oct 17, 2018 2:23 PM

Jul 2017
Oh god that confession scene was so awkward yet so heartwarming at the same time. These 3 eps honestly felt like a movie with that pacing. Hope the show doesn't just turmoil from here

Seems like the next episode focuses on Tomoe, but I really just wanna see more Mai - Sakuta. Judging by the fact that the synopsis mentions that Sakata meets other girls who also suffer from AS this could be a similar situation to the Monogatari series, which could actually work out given Sakata's character

Also never realized it but the ED is pretty lit
Short_CircutOct 17, 2018 2:27 PM
Oct 17, 2018 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
ArjunAugusto said:
FuyuNoRei said:

I haven't read LN or manga, but, I realy hope it won't be the same
Oct 17, 2018 2:26 PM

Jan 2016
AOTS by a mile! Just when I thought that it couldn't get better it got better, this show is fucking brilliant!
My only concern is that I hope that this isn't the anime peaking and that it continues being this great onwards.
Such a refreshing anime, haven't seen one this refreshing in a while!

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:

Gotta admit that. This episode was truly beautiful to which it bought out various emotions and chara development potential. Its gonna be one helluva ride.

Edit - Btw is there any similiar romance plots like these on any movie or live adaptations? Recommendations?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 2016
Loved the episode.
What an embarrasing yet sincere and endearing way to say I love you, all to get everyone to remember mai.
“Well i can’t wait a month, so how about everyday” lol sasuga rascal.
Oct 17, 2018 2:29 PM

Feb 2014
Short_Circut said:
Also never realized it but the ED is pretty lit

Kinda fluffy and heart warming considering there's gonna be one for each female focus.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 17, 2018 2:29 PM

Jan 2018
FuyuNoRei said:
ArjunAugusto said:

All I am hoping for is that Mai to not get Senjougahara fate
Oct 17, 2018 2:35 PM
Jan 2017
Another great episode! Sakuta and Mai's relationship is evolving nicely, and Mai's sudden disappearance from people's memories adds a nice level of pathos to the series. Sakuta's affirmation of his feelings towards Mai is very heartwarming, if a bit clichéd. I'm very interested to see where the series will go now that Sakuta and his friends have a somewhat clear grasp on what Adolescence Syndrome can do.
Oct 17, 2018 2:43 PM

Jun 2017
Now that confession was crazy, didn't think he would bring Mai back like that, caught me off guard. These episode had everything good in it. Can't wait to see how the relationship develops while solving the other cases.
Oct 17, 2018 2:43 PM

Mar 2016
Hmm. Take an interesting concept and explain it in the most boring way possible, they really ran with that theme til the end. They could have done so much better by not invoking Schrödinger's cat, but I guess that would require some creativity or intelligence.

Grumbling aside, I liked the episode more than I was expecting, it made me feel something which is kind of an achievement for this deadpan show. But with Mai's story done, is there really any point in continuing?
Oct 17, 2018 2:44 PM

Jul 2016
Minar-kyun said:
What I was afraid of most did happen and Sakuta forgot about Mai. However the way he remembered everything during the test was pretty touching. His love confession for Mai Infront of everyone was a great scene too.

Now Question: How does this show work? Does the story reset after each arc meaning we will not be seeing any more of Mai-senpai? Or does it work like Monogatari?
I mean we got "Bunny Girl" in the title of the anime, so I hope we'll be seeing more of Mai-senpai.
Oct 17, 2018 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
That confession scene was really hard to watch. Extremely awkward. Their chemistry continues to be fantastic tho.
Oct 17, 2018 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
ArjunAugusto said:
FuyuNoRei said:

All I am hoping for is that Mai to not get Senjougahara fate

If by that you're wondering if she's going to get sidelined hard like Senjougahara was despite being the "main" girl, then don't worry she remains relevant.
Oct 17, 2018 2:54 PM

Aug 2018
This anime is so wholesome. I was nearly crying of joy, because the dude was doing something (the cofession) I would never do. Thank you past me for picking this anime out to watch just because it had a bunny girl on the cover. :-P
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.