Forum Settings
Forums

why do i keep getting yuri on ice on my recommendations? im not into these "lite" "yoai" show but it never stop

New
Oct 17, 2018 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
basically the title

so much when i open mal it's getting ANNOYING.. what's next am i going to get recommend like "no game no life" next lol?? i havent seen it but the cover has so much pink yikes i dont know what to think

should i just put it on completed? .. but then ill get EVEN MORE recommendation like this and lets not even talk about what it would do to my reputation i dont like bait yaoi!
do you get bad reccs too?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2018 10:47 AM

Aug 2017
mal only recs you the popular titles it doesnt matter if you would not like it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 11:31 AM

Sep 2017
BECAUSE ITS IMPORTANT FOR THE GAYS TO BE REPRESENTED IN ANIME AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH IT
Oct 17, 2018 12:17 PM

Mar 2018
Because it was overrated enough for it to get shoved down someone's throat, apparently.
"Look at my avatar! It's made out of high-quality pixels!"
-Hab 2018
Oct 17, 2018 12:20 PM

Jun 2017
Because it's popular and it's got a pretty good score, that's why it appears on the recommendations.

Don't really see the point in making this thread tbh :/

Oct 17, 2018 12:20 PM

May 2015
Probably because many users that liked it liked the same shows as you and given your slim list your recs will tend to be mostly popular anime.
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and Hachimitsu to Clover might be the main culprits given their manly female demographic.

put it as dropped in your list so maybe it will stop.
zalOct 17, 2018 12:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Already reported the Thread!

Oct 17, 2018 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
Invidioso said:

@Ardanaz

This is incredible. I finally learn how to add the Spoiler alert Tag. I can die hapily now lol
Oct 17, 2018 12:24 PM

Feb 2010
The thing is, the recs aren't made based on your prejudices of a show or its cover, so obviously they won't be able to take them into account. It just objectively determines whether a lot of people who liked what you liked, also liked something else. Like Yuri on Ice.

P.S. From what I know it's ambiguous and not explicitly gay at all. Otherwise it would have a tag of at least Shounen-ai.
AlcoholicideOct 17, 2018 12:29 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 17, 2018 12:28 PM

Jan 2013
MAL knows what you secretly like, just accept it.
Oct 17, 2018 12:30 PM

Nov 2016
Just put it in your list like you Dropped it and Rated it a 1 so that MAL stops reccomending it to you.
Oct 17, 2018 12:37 PM
May 2017
Probably because it's popular and shares some genres with stuff you've watched and liked. Don't know why it's such a problem for you when it's so easy to ignore though.
Oct 17, 2018 12:39 PM

Jul 2015
assyrian said:
mal only recs you the popular titles it doesnt matter if you would not like it

This. The reccomendations are totally useless and just consist of the top 50 popularity (^%
Oct 17, 2018 12:40 PM

May 2009
......wait, you use the front page?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 17, 2018 12:44 PM

Mar 2017
MAL builds a profile of every user after analyzing their behavior on forums and the content of their anime list and tries to give recommendations based on that. It seems MAL knows more about you than you know about yourself (or are at least willing to accept) so maybe you should give it a watch because you might be into it.
Oct 17, 2018 12:46 PM
Feb 2012
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI

Oct 17, 2018 12:48 PM

Oct 2010
Pullman said:

P.S. From what I know it's ambiguous and not explicitly gay at all. Otherwise it would have a tag of at least Shounen-ai.

It's not overtly explicit, but the gayness is confirmed by the directors xD
Oct 17, 2018 12:48 PM

May 2009
ahneeme said:
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI
YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI YOAI

MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
MOAI MOAI MOAI MOAI
Oct 17, 2018 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
@Peco

I can relate. MAL keeps recommending me stuff like Tokyo Ghoul, Haikyuu and Shokugeki no Souma (the first I would not watch and the latter two I read the manga of) and I think it's just based off of what else is in the anime list. It also tends to recommend popular stuff for some reason.

Tokyo Ghoul's been in my recommended for about a year now, so you probably won't be getting rid of Yuri on Ice anytime soon.
Oct 17, 2018 1:08 PM

Feb 2010
jal90 said:
Pullman said:

Eh, I'd take that with a grain of salt. They might have been threatened by a fujo :>.

Plus you know, I'm more about what's actually in the show than what creators retroactively say there is in it. Like the whole dumbledore is gay thing, for example. Jumping on some bandwagon after you realize it would make sense given the times or given the expectations of the fanbase, is something that does happen. So I don't treat the word of creators as gospel, not when it comes into play after the fact.

In any case why doesn't it have any tag? Not shounen-ai, not romance, not anything of the sorts that would at a presence of homosexuality or even romance in it?

And imo I find it even worse when there are allegedly gay characters in it, but the show is too much of a pussy to ever spell it out or really officially treat it like that, just having to rely on ambiguous baiting scenes and stuff open to interpretation to the point where you need a confirmation by the creator to even be sure. Why be so scared about it? Either do it, or don't bother just 'telling' us 'they're gay' but barely even tackling the topic out of fear of backlash or idk what.

Japan/anime and how they treat homosexuality is just weird to me. Either it is loudly and proudly fetishized, or when allegedly treated more seriously kinda swept under the rug, or handled in a 'hush-hush' manner that's too afraid to actually address it openly by more than vague hints.

/rant
Oct 17, 2018 1:27 PM

Jul 2015
Invidioso said:
Invidioso said:

@Ardanaz

This is incredible. I finally learn how to add the Spoiler alert Tag. I can die hapily now lol

? this isn't about the show, why would i put it in there. this is about bad recs smh
Oct 17, 2018 1:28 PM

Feb 2015
As I always say, a rule of a thumb is that, the doujimshi will always be better
Oct 17, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2010
Pullman said:
jal90 said:

Eh, I'd take that with a grain of salt. They might have been threatened by a fujo :>.

Plus you know, I'm more about what's actually in the show than what creators retroactively say there is in it. Like the whole dumbledore is gay thing, for example. Jumping on some bandwagon after you realize it would make sense given the times or given the expectations of the fanbase, is something that does happen. So I don't treat the word of creators as gospel, not when it comes into play after the fact.

In any case why doesn't it have any tag? Not shounen-ai, not romance, not anything of the sorts that would at a presence of homosexuality or even romance in it?

And imo I find it even worse when there are allegedly gay characters in it, but the show is too much of a pussy to ever spell it out or really officially treat it like that, just having to rely on ambiguous baiting scenes and stuff open to interpretation to the point where you need a confirmation by the creator to even be sure. Why be so scared about it? Either do it, or don't bother just 'telling' us 'they're gay' but barely even tackling the topic out of fear of backlash or idk what.

Japan/anime and how they treat homosexuality is just weird to me. Either it is loudly and proudly fetishized, or when allegedly treated more seriously kinda swept under the rug, or handled in a 'hush-hush' manner that's too afraid to actually address it openly by more than vague hints.

/rant

Uh, Pullman, I know that, but you know...

jal90Oct 17, 2018 1:38 PM
Oct 17, 2018 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
So I enabled to see what I get, and:

Not even a non-popular title in there. Any shoujo in manga either, when that's by far my highest rated demographic there.

And yes, I also got Yuri on Ice.

"The list of recommendation gets updated periodically and based on your list". Right, right.
Oct 17, 2018 1:46 PM

May 2014
Because you haven't watched it yet.
Oct 17, 2018 1:50 PM
Jan 2016
I'm pretty sure the Recommendations list is just all the most popular shows each user hasn't seen. I look down my own list and see a bunch of shows no one would recommend if my actual Completed list and ratings were taken into account. :P It is what it is, I guess. But I can't help feeling like it's a waste of a feature that had the potential to be really cool.
Oct 17, 2018 1:54 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Doing what @Unowen is doing because lul:

No ecchi or supernatural, 2 of my top 3 highest rated genres, but the genres featured include psychological, super power, police, and mecha, all of which are among my lowest rated genres. My lowest rated genre - psychological - is featured multiple times even.

Nice.

Oct 17, 2018 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
Manaban said:

No ecchi or supernatural, 2 of my top 3 highest rated genres, but the genres featured include psychological, super power, police, mecha, all of which are in my lowest rated genres. My lowest rated genre - psychological - is featured multiple times even.

Nice.

Thing is it gives you popular titles. Most of the times if you already don't have them at least in your plan to watch is for a reason. So unlike you're very new to the medium it won't work at all.
Oct 17, 2018 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
jal90 said:
Pullman said:

/rant

Well, from what I know some people argue that scene wasn't framed to be taken that seriously. I have not seen the show, but I've seen the handful of scenes in question that people take as 'confirmation' and I know it's not universally agreed upon among the audience. I even know fujos who loved the ship but say themselves it isn't made clear in the show whether it's canon or just well-crafted bait. And considering how many other fujos (or really just gay shippers in general, yuri fans are not any better as the Hibike fandom has proven) think that shows like Haikyuu or Naruto are 'canon' gay, I always take a big gulp of salt with any of their 'this is canon!' proclamations. Combine all those facts and you have a very healthy basis for some skepticism.

And my point is that talk is cheap, actually making a show about homosexuality or openly homosexual characters and advertising it as such isn't. That takes balls, which pussies don't have :>

The fact that they only confirm it verbally in retrospect, is what makes me call them pussies. So I'm really criticzing the same scenario from different angles: The lack of being open/explicit about it in the actual show, and the thought that simply saying it is so doesn't deserve any props since it might have just been a reaction to the fans.

The latter just being a possibility, but idk. If you're gonna make a gay romance, why not advertise it as such? Why only confirm it once you made sure people aren't freaking out but are in fact enjoying it? It just sounds to me like you're putting out bait, and after people took it and love it, you go 'yeah, it's all official!'. But they always had the backdoor of not confirming it if the reception of the show would have gone differently. P U S S I E S.

Just like saying Dumbledore is gay despite it not really being in the novels, just because it's that kind of time right now and it'll get you attention and props and you're the author so you feel like you can say what the fuck you want about your work. I just can't take those timelines very seriously where stuff is only 'confirmed' when it's a super save environment to do so, but not mentioned earlier when it wasn't such a safe bet.
Oct 17, 2018 2:06 PM

Jan 2008
Funny, I responded to a topic quite similar to this the other day, can't help but think it was inspired by it but since I know I can't expect anything from this specific one I'll just join in on posting what I got.

I'd say it's a pretty good list. There's like only 1~3 shows I probably wouldn't bother watching. I think it helps that I'm not a intellectual with only the finest of tastes but rather someone who just enjoys watching anime, you know, like the majority of people who watch anime that don't post on the forums.
Oct 17, 2018 2:12 PM

Feb 2010
Manaban said:

No ecchi or supernatural, 2 of my top 3 highest rated genres, but the genres featured include psychological, super power, police, and mecha, all of which are among my lowest rated genres. My lowest rated genre - psychological - is featured multiple times even.

Nice.

I also have Zero no Tsukaima which combines the worst tsundere lead and my least favorite genre - harem - but it's popular so it has to be among the recs. Vampire Knight is another mainstay that I'll never watch as well. And of course Yuri on Ice, as one of the mos tpopular and highest rated shows I haven't seen.

Beyond that it gets more interesting because I've seen so many of the popular and highly rated shows, you can actually find some titles with potential that are fairly unknown. But if I keep sidescrolling, about half of my recs are just the newest, most popular seasonal shows I didn't get around to watching yet. New AoT Season, new BNHA season, Overlord III. And for some reason Yuragi-sou, which isn't even that popular or highly rated plus it has the harem tag which mal should know I don't watch.

*sigh*
Oct 17, 2018 2:14 PM

Oct 2010
Pullman said:
jal90 said:

Well, from what I know some people argue that scene wasn't framed to be taken that seriously. I have not seen the show, but I've seen the handful of scenes that people take as 'confirmation' in question and I know it's not universally agreed upon among the audience. I even know fujos who loved the ship but say themselves it isn't made clear in the show whether it's canon or just well-crafted bait.

And my point is that talk is cheap, actually making a show about homosexuality or openly homosexual characters and advertising it as such isn't. That takes balls, which pussies don't have :>

The fact that they only confirm it verbally in retrospect, is what makes me call them pussies. So I'm really criticzing the same scenario from different angles: The lack of being open/explicit about it in the actual show, and the thought that simply saying it is so doesn't deserve any props since it might have just been a reaction to the fans.

The latter just being a possibility, but idk. If you're gonna make a gay romance, why not advertise it as such? Why only confirm it once you made sure people aren't freaking out but are in fact enjoying it? It just sounds to me like you're putting out bait, and after people took it and love it, you go 'yeah, it's all official!'. But they always had the backdoor of not confirming it if the reception of the show would have gone differently. P U S S I E S.

Just like saying Dumbledore is gay despite it not really being in the novels, just because it's that kind of time right now and it'll get you attention and props and you're the author so you feel like you can say what the fuck you want about your work. I just can't take those timelines very seriously where stuff is only 'confirmed' when it's a super save environment to do so, but not mentioned earlier when it wasn't such a safe bet.

Uh, what people dislike about Rowling saying that Dumbledore is gay is that there is no narrative point or buildup for that. It's something the author could easily make up and fit into the story because it doesn't bother anything or anyone, it doesn't change anything and she can act like it just wasn't relevant to show but still exists deep down in a level that is invisible for the reader.

You are comparing this to an actual relationship codified and developed as gay with two characters who go as far as to a marriage proposal. And why are you saying that the directors confirmed it verbally in retrospect? They clarified a scene (the one at the end of episode 7), that's all. It's you the one who is making accusations and I'm calling you on that because I think you are putting the show and its creators in a situation where no matter what they do you are not going to believe them. It's absurd. Your stance at best is unfair and unjustified.

Not to mention the big issue about having to "prove" homosexuality in a medium where depending on the show physical manifestations of love can be as tame as holding hands in the last episode. If you don't doubt a standard hetero relationship that consists of an awkward "I love you" and the main couple holding hands, what exactly is at doubt from what YoI shows, which goes way further than that?

And I can think of a few reasons why I wouldn't market YoI as a gay romance. The most important one is that it isn't its main drive. Romance is a side element. The show is about ice skating and competition, mostly.
jal90Oct 17, 2018 2:19 PM
Oct 17, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2009
Duckielover151 said:
I'm pretty sure the Recommendations list is just all the most popular shows each user hasn't seen.
This.

I'm getting rec'd Overlord II, Made in Abyss, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Konosuba vol 2, Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, ...
Oct 17, 2018 3:41 PM

Feb 2010
jal90 said:
Pullman said:

Well, from what I know some people argue that scene wasn't framed to be taken that seriously. I have not seen the show, but I've seen the handful of scenes that people take as 'confirmation' in question and I know it's not universally agreed upon among the audience. I even know fujos who loved the ship but say themselves it isn't made clear in the show whether it's canon or just well-crafted bait.

Uh, what people dislike about Rowling saying that Dumbledore is gay is that there is no narrative point or buildup for that. It's something the author could easily make up and fit into the story because it doesn't bother anything or anyone, it doesn't change anything and she can act like it just wasn't relevant to show but still exists deep down in a level that is invisible for the reader.

You are comparing this to an actual relationship codified and developed as gay with two characters who go as far as to a marriage proposal. And why are you saying that the directors confirmed it verbally in retrospect? They clarified a scene (the one at the end of episode 7), that's all. It's you the one who is making accusations and I'm calling you on that because I think you are putting the show and its creators in a situation where no matter what they do you are not going to believe them. It's absurd. Your stance at best is unfair and unjustified.

Not to mention the big issue about having to "prove" homosexuality in a medium where depending on the show physical manifestations of love can be as tame as holding hands in the last episode. If you don't doubt a standard hetero relationship that consists of an awkward "I love you" and the main couple holding hands, what exactly is at doubt from what YoI shows, which goes way further than that?

And I can think of a few reasons why I wouldn't market YoI as a gay romance. The most important one is that it isn't its main drive. Romance is a side element. The show is about ice skating and competition, mostly.

It's not my fault they handled the thing in a way that, yes, makes it hard for me to be convinced no matter what they say, it's gonna come across as too little too late and hard to take too seriously. If the intention was to make YoI have a gay relationship and gay romance, they handled it very badly as far as I'm concerned. The End.

As for the comparison to hetero relationships, how about that in those you get a shitton of internal monologue of the characters talking about their explicitly romantic feelings towards the other person? Rather than just some 'codified subtext' or whatever terms shippers use these days to justify their headcanon in non-romantic shows. I've seen this temrinology used for too much fucking bullshit to still take it very seriously. If it really was obviously canon, discussions like this one would simply not be happening and not have happened in the past, period. The mere fact that it is something people argue about, and not that unfrequently, shows that it isn't as crystal clear like people like you want to make us think. Nobody will argue that Doukyuusei or Asagao to Kase-san are about canon homosexual romance/relationships. I liked both of those. They were upfront and simply obvious about it like, there is no debate. Not by me, not by anyone else. Something must be fucking different about Yuri on Ice that has nothing to do with not wanting homosexual romance for it to spawn this debate so many times.

There's a good fucking reason why the romance tag, that is already very liberally applied on MAL, isn't applied to everything.

You just have to prove romance in general to me. I'm not taking issue with people calling KnB or free 'canon gay', for example, because I believe everyone is necessarily hetero, but simply because their sexual preferences and romantic inclinations are not addressed at all in their shows. I can't believe I'm having to defend myself against subtle accusations of homophobia and double standards from you. It becomes more and more clear to me why the right is winning globally if the left keeps antagonizing itself like that over the pettiest of reasons. But that just as a sidenote.

And I say in retrospect, because 7 weeks into the airing it's already much clearer how responsive the audience is and what parts of the show they're enjoying or focusing on. Maybe not the ideal formulation, but I couldn't think of a better word to express not being upfront about it.

In the end I made abundantly clear where my issues lie and you just don't seem to want to accept them. I'm not alone in my position either, some crazy person rambling on his own. I've seen this discussion a lot in the past. Otherwise there would AT LEAST be a romance tag on the show, and your stubborn refusal to accept any of my views as legitimate and underhandedly accusing me of double standards for homosexuality and whatnot, is just really obnoxious right now.

The kind of obnoxiousness you can only find when you don't think something is as obviously canon as the other person apparently does. Reminds me of the Hibike discussions back in the day when everyone was convinced it was canon yuri and I just legitimately didn't even have that thought once during the whole anime and had people shit all over me for being homophobic and whatnot because of it. I just didn't know you were like that :/

To summarize:

1. I don't believe it's clear beyond doubt, just based on the fact that this discussion happened many times before which just doesn't happen for almost any other romances, gay or hetero. And even a fair amount of people who loved the ship and chooses to believe in it don't see it as being obvious enough to count as canon rather than 'ambiguous' at best. I can leave my personal opinion completely out of it to make that point. The intention of the author doesn't matter either. If the result is ambiguous, it is ambiguous. People wouldn't argue about it if it weren't ambiguous. The End.

2. But even if I do treat it as a canon gay relationship/romance for the sake of argument, I don't see it as a very good one, worthy of praise. It being gay doesn't change that. No matter who those chars are, it's gonna come off as a somewhat unnecessary sideplot, especially since as you say the main focus of the show is on something else anyway. And I can't help but think that if you executed a hetero romance the exact same way, most people wouldn't be that much into it, nevermind go as crazy about it as people did about YoI. It would just be kinda there, kinda meh, noone having a strong opinion on it either way. But certainly not being treated as a well done romance. It just doesn't seem to be executed very well or very convincingly if you try to look at it objectively. But because it's gay it's immune to criticism? That is kinda how it feels when you so vigorously refuse to accept my opinion/argumentation.

But whatever, I'm out of here and this'll be my last post on the topic. Nothing frustrates me more than having to debate different interpretations with people. They always turn into brick walls. I just don't have that same obsession. In these debates I'm usually just trying to say 'It's not all that clear in the show, look at all these other people who also don't see it as obvious, how can you dismiss all of us as irrelevant?' while the other party just insists that everything is 100% as they say it is and every disagreement is met with disdain and condescendence at best. I don't have any strong opinion on whether it is one way or the other in this particular case, I just know it isn't obvious and that alone is problematic and a sign of weak execution at best, and the creator being a fucking baiting pussy at worst.
Oct 17, 2018 4:17 PM

Oct 2010
And I insist @Pullman, there are reasons for this controversy to exist that do not only depend on the show but on the fanbase and how used it is to assume hetero feelings as the default. If you believe that this show is unclear but dozens of other stories with much less interaction or explicit confirmation are immediately and abundantly clear to the viewer just because the relationship portrayed is hetero, then yes, it's an issue, and it's one fed by the industry and its constant push for heteronormativity, no doubt, but kept by the fanbase, and at points like this series, I think specially difficult to justify. I'm saying it again, there is an actual, formal marriage proposal in this show. Subtext is something like Free! or every Kirara CGDCT series, this one goes beyond subtext xD. Here, Viktor and Yuuri are often referred as a couple by people around. They constantly talk about their feelings of love. They had an actual, official, confirmed kiss scene. They had that scene from episode 10. There is a limit to subtext, and I'd say actually going further than your average explicit romance qualifies.

When you justify this stance through those who doubt and/or deny this you are not taking into account, I think, how difficult it is to make the audience leave the default notions for the sexuality of the characters if there is not a flamboyant display of the contrary. Which YoI at one point has either way, so that tells you a lot about this bias.

Also, the quality of YoI didn't come to the debate, so there's not much I can say here.

And again, the intention of YoI wasn't to make a gay relationship, if you mean the reason of being of the show. It is a spokon. It is focused on ice skating and on training, and competition is the real goal. There just happens to be a gay relationship in it. You are comparing it with shows that are entirely devoted to romance, here it is secondary to its main goal and narrative drive.

But well, at this point we can agree to disagree. By the way, now that we are at it, did you watch the show? Since it's not in your list. What did you think of it?
Oct 17, 2018 4:22 PM

Aug 2018
Because

KappaPride WE'RE KappaPride BORN KappaPride TO KappaPride MAKE KappaPride HISTORY! KappaPride

You should have watchied it with Twitch Chat last year. It was an awesome expierence.
Timz0rOct 17, 2018 4:25 PM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 17, 2018 4:43 PM

Feb 2017
Your recommended is basically just a bunch of popular anime that have good scores that aren't already on your list. It's not carefully tailored for you based on the anime you've watched and how you rated it.

Most of the anime in my recommended is shounen, which I hardly ever watch.
Oct 17, 2018 7:08 PM

Oct 2014
The MAL recs things is shit. Don't use it. If you want actual recs ask people for them
Oct 17, 2018 7:32 PM

Jan 2017
The only way to fix your problem is to watch every single mainstream anime. Once you complete this task, MAL will come to your house, pat you on the head, steal your virginity, shoot your father, and unlock the true MAL recommender that is uniquely catered to your list. You can't cheat though, MAL is always watching. They'll know if you just mark complete or skip eps... They're always watching
EnZanityOct 17, 2018 7:37 PM
Oct 18, 2018 2:56 AM

Jul 2017
Think you should watch them OP, I mean, why not?
Oct 18, 2018 3:03 AM
Oct 18, 2018 4:16 AM

Apr 2018
MAL suggested me to watch 5 shows which are sequels of shows I have dropped. MAL suggests popular and/or highly rated things without taking yourlist into consideration I guess.
Oct 18, 2018 4:31 AM

Aug 2017
I watched some yaoi and yuri but Yuri on Ice never showed up lol

My Anime Suggestions are:

*No Game No Life.
*Soul Eater.
*Samurai Champloo.
* Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara.
*Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen.
* Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
*Fullmetal Alchemist.
*Shokugeki no Souma.
*Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon.
*Noragami.
*Bakemonogatari.
*Hunter x Hunter (2011).
*Mononoke Hime.
*Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2.
*3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season.
*Noragami Aragoto.
*JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze.
*Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi.
*Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen.
* Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen.

MAL wants me to watch Shokugeki no Souma lmao.
NurguburuOct 18, 2018 5:06 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 18, 2018 4:47 AM

Nov 2016
You know MAL recs are shit when they're recommending you the 2nd season of a show you've dropped.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 18, 2018 4:49 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Maybe MAL knows you better then you know you.
Oct 18, 2018 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
why do you even check your recommendations anyway
Oct 18, 2018 6:46 AM

Jan 2011
Because we were born to make history.
Oct 18, 2018 7:08 AM

May 2018
Automatic recommendations are BS here at AnimeGraph and everywhere.
They give me mainly sport animes (hate those) and sequels to shows I don't watch or have dropped.

Stopped looking at them years ago.
Oct 19, 2018 5:08 PM

Jul 2015
pomelojuice said:
just watch it and turn gay like the rest of us homie it's nothing to have shame about

i might, but ill be wearing socks just in case to deflect the big gay
Oct 19, 2018 6:11 PM

May 2012
I don't take it personal it's just popular shows I haven't seen really. Not necessarily what I'm into.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

159 by TitanOfPlasma »»
4 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

11 by Takuya_Yagami »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 3 hours ago

12 by APolygons2 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

30 by LoveLikeBlood »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 18 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.