Forum Settings
Forums

4-koma Web Manga 'Rifle Is Beautiful' Gets Anime Adaptation

Oct 17, 9:17 AM
News Team
Tonari no Young Jump website has announced on Thursday that Rifle Is Beautiful 4-koma web manga by Salmiakki will get an anime adaptation. More information will be revealed at a later date.

Synopsis
Kokura Hikari is a first-year high school girl who loves rifle shooting. She entered Chidori High School because it had a shooting club, but finds that the club had been disbanded. She had only one day to find enough members to reform the club, but luckily was able to find three other first-year girls who she had met at a competition in middle school.

Thus begins the daily activities of the Chidori High Shooting Club. (Source: Wikipedia)

Rifle Is Beautiful has been serialized via Tonari no Young Jump website since April 2015. Shuueisha has been releasing the series into a physical volume since May 2016 under Young Jump Comics imprint and the fourth volume will be released on October 19. The series has been featured on the poster of the official Asian Airgun Championships held in Saitama Prefecture last December.

Source: Comic Natalie
Modified by tsubasalover, Oct 21, 4:36 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Oct 17, 9:18 AM
News Team
Modified by tsubasalover, Oct 17, 10:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Oct 17, 9:54 AM

From the country that brought you known blockbusters such as lolis and pingpong, lolis and tanks, lolis become the horse, lolis and basketball, lolis are spies, lolis are the world's enemy, lolis design videogames and the famous lolis drink tea after class, now we present you... lolis with rifles!
Mirai Nikki is TRASH
Angel Beats is horrible.
Charlotte is a dumpster fire.
Shinsekai Yori has no characters.
Oreimo's S2 specials don't actually exist.

IM NOT AN ELITIST

I live to see the day where Hidamari Sketch or Little Witch Academia get another season.

Oct 17, 10:02 AM

... I guess I'll check out the manga.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Oct 17, 10:03 AM

tsubasalover said:
Tonari no Young Jump website has announced on Thursday that Rifle Is Beautiful 4-koma web manga by Salmiakki will get anime adaptation. More information will be revealed at a later date.

Synopsis
Kokura Hikari is a first-year high school girl who loves rifle shooting. She entered Chidori High School because it had a shooting club, but finds that the club had been disbanded. She had only one day to find enough members to reform the club, but luckily was able to find three other first-year girls who she had met at a competition in middle school.

Thus begins the daily activities of the Chidori High Shooting Club. (Source: Wikipedia)

Rifle is Beautiful has been serialized via Tonari no Young Jump website since April 2015. Shuueisha has been releasing the series into a physical volume since May 2016 and the fourth volume will be released on October 19. The series has been featured on the official Asian Airgun Championship poster held in Saitama Prefecture last December.

Source: Comic Natalie

I thought that manga was on shonen jump+

Oct 17, 10:06 AM

What a refreshing concept. I expect nothing but an astounding depth of characterisation...
Ii tenki desu ne...

Oct 17, 10:32 AM
fanservice<3

Girls with guns

Just another fetish of mine

Oct 17, 11:38 AM

"Chicks with guns - always hot." Erron Black

Gotta protect this Second Amendment.

Oct 17, 11:41 AM

Yes, what else are we going to ask for?

Lolis

Rifles

Beach EPs

F A N S E R V I C E

Oh yes Japan! Bless us more lolis uwu

Oct 17, 12:55 PM

Basically now we have the moe version of the NRA.

Oct 17, 1:52 PM

Not trying to be that debbie downer but I'm kinda done with these kinds of character designs. Like...there are subtle differences between cute girls in (X) club doing stuff but they don't all have to be doing this chasing their own tail thing. There are other ways of making an anime girl look cute besides seasonal anime aesthetic.

Looking forward to the way shooting gets utilized within the series.

Oct 17, 3:03 PM

So we are getting an anime with a real rifle club, that's nice to see.

Oct 17, 4:17 PM

I'm in........
The title brings me here

Oct 17, 9:31 PM
</overrated>

Can't wait for this to be the next big American hit. Sugoi.

Oct 17, 9:53 PM
This show sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear more about this series.

Oct 18, 12:17 AM
IchiGOAT

Is this a sport manga?

Oct 18, 2:24 AM

Remind me to Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu anime series

https://myanimelist.net/anime/17821/Stella_Jogakuin_Koutou-ka_C³-bu

Oct 18, 7:25 AM

I read the first chapter of the manga this week and artwork really reminds me of New Game. Wonder if they'll get the same studio for it.

Oct 18, 8:36 AM

Infatuate said:
From the country that brought you known blockbusters such as lolis and pingpong, lolis and tanks, lolis become the horse, lolis and basketball, lolis are spies, lolis are the world's enemy, lolis design videogames and the famous lolis drink tea after class, now we present you... lolis with rifles!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/134/Gunslinger_Girl?q=guns

Far from a new concept

Oct 19, 6:09 PM

Definitely looking forward to it.

Oct 21, 11:04 PM
Aww I was hoping these would be real guns and not airsoft guns. Still looking forward to it, but slightly disappointed. Marksmanship is one of the few competitive sports that women are just as good as men at so this is really cool to see. Having it done with a CGDCT slant just makes it even better!