Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 20, 2018 9:18 PM

Mar 2018
FMmatron said:
Yeah, it's the incest, nothing else wrong with this show. People are just blind hater :)

remember kids, incest is bad, and anything that supports it!

and since A is bad and B has A therefore B is bad as A!. brilliant!
Nov 20, 2018 9:19 PM

Mar 2018
TomatoSempai said:
Xaelath said:
Basically just blantant hate i think.

Although lower than 6 seems abit harsh
heres the reason mainly why its so low.

1. Game adaptation, literally almost every single game adaptation got less than 7.0 in MAL, almost every of them. Yes.
The Idea was because it was rushed, for example take Persona 5 in last season.
Others were mix of mediocre story/art/va.

2. The summary is offensive enough for MAL users.
- Incest
- Need to get pregnant
- Literally harem

3. Mediocrity of other aspect such as the story,characters,sound.

Enjoyment might always differ to other people.

I am not watching it just yet but curious why it below 5,
I own conception 2 game although i didnt played it yet too i am still thinking its a solid fun semi dating sim games with rpg aspects.

and the story/summary is pretty much the same.

Well theres alot thing wrong in MAL recently though, just ignore.
Watch whatever you wanted, people opinion can comes later after you actually finished the whole anime or you might as well throw "Not worth the time so i dropped it".

I personally would like to do that but instead dropping it i normally skim it like pressing fast foward, stopping at specific scene, trying to sum up what happened in that episode.

Million Arthur is another example of game adaptation this season.
It was pretty bad, and i did watched 4 episode of it.
The story,characters are very mediocre, somes even cringy, literally similiar to Smartphone isekai except this one throw settings and character then be done with it.

Then again i felt like it was advertised for fanservice to begn with, theres alot of scene in most of episodes. IDK how it'll turn out later but Game adaptation likely never cared enough other than doing their job to "advertise" their game.

If you wanted the truth try asking nihon jin (Japanese people) what do they thought about this anime.

Because Western taste and Japanese taste are abit of the opposite.
Yout definition of game also counts visual novels?

if it counts all visual novels, it's broken. said by some Nobody <
Nov 20, 2018 9:55 PM

Oct 2016
Vanos_Ford said:
Incest really? No, because it's bad, the pacing is bad too and that annoying teddy bear like character should not exist

^ this

I watched some of it and dropped it without knowing there was incest. Now I have a reason to pick it back up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 22, 2018 5:29 PM

Sep 2017
Yuki_Nonaka said:
Vanos_Ford said:
Incest really? No, because it's bad, the pacing is bad too and that annoying teddy bear like character should not exist

^ this

I watched some of it and dropped it without knowing there was incest. Now I have a reason to pick it back up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OOF! That's a solid argument to watch this show /s

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Nov 22, 2018 9:53 PM

Dec 2017
This show is so funny. People should chill and enjoy this show.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Nov 22, 2018 10:48 PM
Jul 2015
I'm enjoying it and haven't seen any incest as of yet. The episodes are fast paced, there is no unnecessary drama, I'd even go as far as to say that the fanservice is not forced. The teddy bear(mana) is hilarious.
I guess this season's line up is pretty solid and the 10/10 description(/sarcasm) of this anime, is the main reason for it being so lowly rated. I don't see it staying at 4.66 till the end of the season. It'll go up to about 6-7 easily.
Nov 25, 2018 7:31 PM

Nov 2012
...Wait, we're saying only SJWs don't want to see incest now? Did I miss a memo?
Nov 26, 2018 5:49 AM
Aug 2018
I think people should only post scores after finishing the show, especially this one. It started pretty poorly but I feel it has been improving these last few episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if over half of the negative scores were from people who dropped it or never watched it at all and don't approve of the concept. I've grown somewhat fond of Conception but maybe it's just Stockholm Syndrome.

Btw, the game's sequel (which has a English release) is only $6 o Steam until Wednesday.
Nov 26, 2018 6:04 AM

Aug 2018
Possibly one of the stupidest forum posts I've seen yet, congratulations. Are you allowed out of your room to see your brother without a chaperone
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Dec 18, 2018 7:36 PM

Apr 2014
I just want to know how that girl got pregnant without sex.
Dec 19, 2018 2:32 AM

Oct 2014
Lol gotta love people parading incest in the MAL forums, sure did miss this site. Have fun raising your deformed inbred children!!
Dec 19, 2018 3:56 AM

Jul 2015
This show is trash but its pretty entertaining tho

Well...
Dec 19, 2018 7:03 AM

May 2009
Wait, people are really that offended about Itsuki and Mahiru being cousins? But many states and countries have legal cousin marriages
Dec 19, 2018 7:23 AM
Dec 2017
Games adapdations don't mattter what medium is disgrace,so it is probably just bad.
Dec 20, 2018 9:48 PM

Aug 2014
If same sex marriage is allowed nowadays and people are fine with it, why not incest it's only fiction
Jan 5, 2019 1:47 PM

Feb 2016
@OP You know how weird incest is, right?
My only guess is that you're trolling lmao
Jan 5, 2019 1:51 PM

Aug 2018
Is it worth watching (idc about incest)?

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jan 6, 2019 2:03 AM

Jul 2014
Animere1 said:

For me personally: No, staw away from it..
incest aside like many people complain about it a lot, this anime is actually lacking on almost everything, there is no story at all and shit characters development, it's like they existed only because the popularity of making video game into anime is trending now..
Jan 6, 2019 3:46 AM

Apr 2016
ConFectx said:

Wait why are you asking me this baka.
Jan 6, 2019 3:50 AM

Feb 2016
OP said:
ConFectx said:

Wait why are you asking me this baka.

LMAO sorry man, I was too used to Reddit :D
Jan 6, 2019 3:51 AM

Sep 2017
Im not strict with regards to animation but this one is just... bad and weird. I stopped watching it by episode 1 maybe I don't have any right to criticize this one so please convince me.

It being incest, IDK I don't mind actually... I would love to watch it if it was actually good. What I mean by good is not decent.

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Jan 11, 2019 11:22 PM

Dec 2014
HaarWyvern said:
I'm the totally opposite of an SJW.
But if you've got a younger sister and you still like incest you need to go to jail bro'.

I have 3 of them... fiction is fiction, the reality is reality. Just because I am enjoying action anime, it doesn't mean that I am going to start killing peoples right and left.
Jan 12, 2019 4:45 AM

Aug 2017
people just hating on the anime cause they got nothing better to do with their, even i see people posting comment on the anime comment second of the people yet they still keep watching it after they say thy hate it and not watching anymore yet i see them in the net episode, personally i dont think the anime anime was bad at all, the anime was mainly comedy pretty much almost the whole time, people just need to stop hating on the anime, tho the game is pretty good, i have played it before, tho also the anime is mainly from a game and just trying to get some exposure so people can buy the game and so on this is just my opinion, you dont have to agree with it, honestly i lost hope with humanity with people being so immature about this this its 2019 already i just sad to see people being so immature toward stuff like this, it just really make me think people just going to keep being like this forever and not change at all
PLUS THIS IS FICTION NOT REAL LIFE, IT NOT LIKE IT GOING TO AFFECT YOU ANYWAYS
ArpTakaoJan 12, 2019 4:51 AM
Jan 12, 2019 4:46 AM

Aug 2017
Animere1 said:
yes it worth watching
Jun 13, 2020 2:43 AM

Aug 2018
theres also 13 girls.....

Jun 4, 2021 11:59 PM
Master of Cursed

Aug 2011
I've watched this entire show and I'm pretty sure they don't mention them being cousins once. I didn't even know this was a debate until I read the summary and saw this thread.

Putting incest aside, if you don't like Mahiru, she's barely in the show past the first few episodes. They have so many other girls to focus on they can't give her much time. Later on, Itsuki crosses way more lines than """banging""" (not really) his cousin anyways.

Pretty sure most people dislike this show cuz it's just a weird premise and not great.

Jul 3, 2021 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
There is obvious stigma against shows that put incest on the forefront, like Oreimo or Eromanga-sensei.
But this show only starts with a mere implication of an icestious relationship between cousins, which according to SAO fanboys is perfectly legal and socially acceptable in Japan.
Anyway, incest is not even a major theme of this show, so that's not the issue.

Obviously it does not deserve such a low score. It is trash of the highest caliber, true, but I have honestly seen much worse, irredeemable shows.
The biggest sin that a show can commit, is to try to be something that it is clearly not and expects us, the viewers to take it seriously, while all we can do is cringe.
Conception does not commit that sin. It's completely self-aware a show, that directly tells you, that in order to watch it, you need to turn your brain off and just enjoy the ride.
If you follow that instruction, you might unironically enjoy this.

Also, visuals are decent. Especially character designs made by the same guy, who did Re:Zero.
PiromyslSep 13, 2021 11:50 AM

Aug 9, 2021 3:48 PM
Aug 2018
The incest isn’t the problem it’s just how shitty this show is overall. Only the worst of the worst shows are hated by the majority. Any score below a 5 overall is unbelievably bad and should be hated.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Conception Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2018

154 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Conception Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2018

22 by bronyneder »»
Dec 9, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Conception Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

68 by Aditya_07__ »»
Mar 9, 2023 4:06 PM

Poll: » Conception Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

26 by OnlyKimi »»
Jan 2, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Conception Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2018

19 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 12, 2022 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.