Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2018 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I know this show has a bunch of oddball characters but seems to be really pushing the relationship between Itsuki and Mahiru.

If you ask me, it's still pretty awkward given the circumstances. But still, seems Mahiru isn't actually shy to get along with him. Ruka also makes her presence known so far. Generic miko girl that can't seem to take her hands off of Itsuki.

Oh boy, this show is going to have a lot of bed scenes. Ruka got her chance anyway this episode ;o
Oct 16, 2018 10:28 AM

Apr 2010
The pace at the ending went way to fast to follow.
Anyway to of the girls including the niece did the act and two children are born tho the act is a bit of a let down.
Still it was a somewhat nice episode.
Oct 16, 2018 11:42 AM

Jul 2017
They didn't even have sex what a disappointment 1/10 dropped

This show is honestly so trash but the raccoon is saving the day
Oct 16, 2018 11:50 AM

Aug 2016
This has got to be the trashiest anime ever. Being tongue in cheek about the ecchi harem isekai tropes that they are also using while not doing anything new with them is just obnoxious. If it was a series centered entirely around the notion of having sex being a major plot point why didn't it just be a hentai? At least then they wouldn't blue ball the audience they were trying to go for.

Its pokemon, but all the monsters are now walking talking cock sleeves that you don't get to use because that would be offensive to the people who clearly like seeing walking talking cock sleeves be given a personality.
Somali_StrawhatOct 16, 2018 12:31 PM
Oct 16, 2018 12:09 PM
Nov 2017
I FUKN KNEW IT AND TOLD ALL OF U THAT THEY WOULDNT ACTUALLY HAVE SEX LOL. I mean now I have no reason to watch this now bc if theres no sex and Mahiru was not actually pregnant than this show is a copy of other isekais and not worth my time lmao. They could at least show the girls topless and once the MC kisses them, then the child is born.
Oct 16, 2018 12:26 PM

Aug 2018
This anime is for sure trash, but the lewd floating red panda(?) is pretty much best charather.

Femiruna best maiden because animal ears and her 'I'm so high right now' expression. :-)
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 16, 2018 12:37 PM

Oct 2010
I do love a good dumb self-insert parenthood fantasy, like SAO's Yui... but this isn't that.

Still glad I picked up the show though, it's the kind of ridiculous trash I like (Smartphone). Looking forward to Arie and (especially) Mirei, the kuudere researcher office lady.

Red panda / "raccoon" still often annoying.
Oct 16, 2018 12:38 PM
Nov 2017
Timz0r said:
This anime is for sure trash, but the lewd floating red panda(?) is pretty much best charather.

Femiruna best maiden because animal ears and her 'I'm so high right now' expression. :-)

Well someone told me I was wrong regarding what type of animal it is but Mahiru called it a lewd racoon.
Also this episode actually made it possible to end the whole show right then, I mean who does that. Also they make it seem like he could just walk the line of maidens in underwear or swimsuits and just kiss them and have the star children immediately. Another HUGE FUKN FLAW is that he didn't even have to work to find the maidens and they all just show up with a specific characteristic of every anime type possible. This show has no hope at all and shouldve been 12 3 minute episodes of him having a star child with each girl or a hentai.
Oct 16, 2018 12:41 PM
Nov 2017
nDroae said:
I do love a good dumb self-insert parenthood fantasy, like SAO's Yui... but this isn't that.

Still glad I picked up the show though, it's the kind of ridiculous trash I like (Smartphone). Looking forward to Arie and (especially) Mirei, the kuudere researcher office lady.

Red panda / "raccoon" still often annoying.

I actually prefer Smartphone over Death March, How to Not Summon, and this show by FAR TBH Though
Oct 16, 2018 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
This episode just confirmed to all of us, that it would genuinely much better if it was a hentai.
Oct 16, 2018 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
Despite its obvious flaws, I actually enjoyed the first episode and had faith in the show because of the last scene......not anymore, I felt so robbed by the first minute of this episode that I couldn't care less about the rest and started to fast-forward the video........and the few things I saw didn't make me want to stop and watch the whole episode either so, DROPPED!
SkyLETVOct 16, 2018 3:00 PM
Oct 16, 2018 1:08 PM

Aug 2018
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Well someone told me I was wrong regarding what type of animal it is but Mahiru called it a lewd racoon.
Also this episode actually made it possible to end the whole show right then, I mean who does that. Also they make it seem like he could just walk the line of maidens in underwear or swimsuits and just kiss them and have the star children immediately. Another HUGE FUKN FLAW is that he didn't even have to work to find the maidens and they all just show up with a specific characteristic of every anime type possible. This show has no hope at all and shouldve been 12 3 minute episodes of him having a star child with each girl or a hentai.

It does look much more to a red panda than a raccoon to me, but that doesn't really matter.

If you have played the games or know the source material, you'll know there was never going to be sex in the first place. I knew already, because I played Conception II for about 2 hours while being high as a kite on the Nintendo 3DS several years ago. These Star Childern are only meant to fight against those monster things. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't get why people get upset for this.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 16, 2018 1:48 PM

Oct 2010
L-Mo-Reppin said:
I actually prefer Smartphone over Death March, How to Not Summon, and this show by FAR TBH Though

Smartphone is my favorite too :)

Timz0r said:
If you have played the games or know the source material, you'll know there was never going to be sex in the first place.

Well, some thought the anime had changed that:

RemnantMemory said:
another thing that shock me, is that I never thought they actually having sex in the ritual. all this time I thought all they do is hugging in the game (probably naked) so that last scene actually really shocked me

Asaaaasd said:
They actually added in sex that wasn't present in the game into the anime, of course they don't show the act, but hey.

Or thought it might, but probably wouldn't:
Paul said:
I wonder if they're actually going to make the child birthing through actual intercourse though.

chances are they'll get interrupted next episode and be told they're doing it wrong. Now I know that sounds stupid like 'wtf how else do you think babies are made in the first place?" but mind you that that original games were not adult games, they had other ways to "birth" children. It was mentioned in the actual episode but I doubt anyone who hasn't played the games would get the references.
Oct 16, 2018 2:19 PM

Jul 2017
I'm guessing the game is sort of like Persona, but instead of social links it's more of romance game and instead of fighting with Personas you use the Star Children to fight in the dungeon. And much like Persona take away the gameplay and you lose something.

Except the Persona stories are much stronger and still work OK without it. This story, however, would work much better as a hentai!
Oct 16, 2018 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like my prediction was pretty good.

Anyways, spat out my drink when the bdsmracoonbear, I'm not sure what it is as people keep trying to define it, was massaging his package. Well, at least the interactions between those two are amusing.

Everything else in this episode just feels out of place though, espcially so with default girl. Sorry, I can't be bothered to remember all of their names right now. The attempt to push on some back story and pulling out the doll while part drunk was like really off.

Dat detail in trainer girls bounce.
Oct 16, 2018 2:33 PM

Sep 2015
Somali_Strawhat said:
If it was a series centered entirely around the notion of having sex being a major plot point why didn't it just be a hentai?.

Are we really going to have to repeat this in each of the episodes despite the fact that in the post dedicated to the first episode we already talked?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conception_(video_game)
"However, it is not an "eroge",as the "Star Children" are produced by pouring energy from Itsuki and one of the twelve "Star Maidens" into a particular device."
Oct 16, 2018 2:43 PM

Aug 2016
Nayout said:
Somali_Strawhat said:
If it was a series centered entirely around the notion of having sex being a major plot point why didn't it just be a hentai?.

Are we really going to have to repeat this in each of the episodes despite the fact that in the post dedicated to the first episode we already talked?

"However, it is not an "eroge",as the "Star Children" are produced by pouring energy from Itsuki and one of the twelve "Star Maidens" into a particular device."

Riiight, metaphorical ritual for not-sex that then results in immaculate conception that requires spiritual energy through fan service and the birthing of a child but not really as pregnancy would be too much of a downer on the mother and the audience who don't like seeing their waifus preggo.

No you're right, this anime series and not the non eroge it was based off of doesn't sound dumb at all.
Oct 16, 2018 2:52 PM

Sep 2015
Somali_Strawhat said:
Nayout said:

Riiight, metaphorical ritual for not-sex that then results in immaculate conception that requires spiritual energy through fan service and the birthing of a child but not really as pregnancy would be too much of a downer on the mother and the audience who don't like seeing their waifus preggo.

No you're right, this anime series and not the non eroge it was based off of doesn't sound dumb at all.

Exactly, just the scenes that could be considered fanservice that is a small cutescene at the time of creating Star Children can be skipped and has no implication in the plot because the game itself tells you when you increase the affinity of a character and have Best Star Children at your disposal.

It is like Crimnal Girls where the part of the punishments despite being explained in the plot is only a narrative resource to explain a part of the game that without it nothing would be lost. And by the way as much as possible do not sound like you because the first game never came in English, unlike the 2 that is in 3DS / Vita and PC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/458730/Conception_II_Children_of_the_Seven_Stars/
Oct 16, 2018 3:03 PM

Aug 2016
@nayout

So they even have fanservice scenes in the game huh? I'm just gonna posit a theory that in a game called Conception (usually defined as the act of getting someone successfully pregnant) where you father children (usually defined as the result of a successful pregnancy) where sex isn't the plot point but still has fanservice scenes that are totally skippable might just be the biggest cop out for a game that wanted to have people having sex.
Somali_StrawhatOct 16, 2018 3:30 PM
Oct 16, 2018 3:07 PM

Jun 2017
Moving a bit too fast but it was an alright episode. Poor Ruka, she wanted a strong child and ended up with a nerd XD. I guess we will have one girl per episode with this pacing but it's hard for them to get proper development with the Labyrinth plot going on as well.
Oct 16, 2018 4:36 PM

Sep 2015
Somali_Strawhat said:
@nayout

So they even have fanservice scenes in the game huh? I'm just gonna posit a theory that in a game called Conception (usually defined as the act of getting someone successfully pregnant) where you father children (usually defined as the result of a successful pregnancy) where sex isn't the plot point but still has fanservice scenes that are totally skippable might just be the biggest cop out for a game that wanted to have people having sex.

It has the same fanservice as any Cero C game, it is more the title of the game and the full name is simply a reference to the Star Children and how they are born, of a relationship between two people, at its launch it was already known that it would not have sex for its age classification in Japan (which is C-15, not even D-17) in addition to games on consoles (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony) can not have highly sexual content.

You could say that the title of the game is not more than a clickbait. All this situation reminds me again, Criminal Girls, all the people waiting for a game with a shitty story, with shitty gameplay and where the biggest attraction was the fanservice to punish the girls, but I ended up being a Person 4 with more difficulty.
Oct 16, 2018 5:45 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This is my reaction while watching this anime:

But this is my reaction when I saw that horrendous ED:

My goodness, this anime is trying so hard to be as stupid as possible. The meeting with every Star Maiden was done in a blink of an eye that it felt so awkward. Almost every scene in this episode feels so awkward and the floating lewd raccoon is an absolutely obnoxious mascot. Saving the world is no longer a serious matter because they're more excited about making Star Children. And the 2 Star Children who fought in the labyrinth were so pathetic. Heck, even Itsuki was so pathetic.

The only thing that I still like about this series so far are the character designs because the show managed to capture Shinichirou Ootsuka's art style splendidly. Can't believe there is still something that I could give praise in this show despite how horribly flawed this show is.

I've already started watching this so I'm going to watch it all the way until the end. ._. Ugh.
LunyRemOct 16, 2018 5:49 PM
Oct 16, 2018 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
how the flying fuck does this show have such a good OP/ED

kinda impressive how bad this is shot themselves in the foot by wink wink nudging at all the sexual innuendo but insisting on that not being the case

can slap on the should've been a Hentai SEAL on this one
Oct 16, 2018 7:25 PM

Nov 2017
- i bet the next episode would be gemini or perhaps taurus?...
- That racoon was to annoying.
- So, this anime was just like a simple dating simulation. the bigger your affection on speicific heroine.. then you'll get an event to get closer to the ending.
- The ED song was so good.
- There will be more powerful star kids if the mc was God of Conquest.
Now Loading.....
Oct 16, 2018 7:33 PM

Sep 2014
it's my first time dropping an airing anime. LOL. I just fast fowarded episode 2.

still I will try rewatching it till the end after the anime finished airing.
Oct 16, 2018 7:38 PM

Oct 2010
Good ED [3]

Paul said:
Everything else in this episode just feels out of place though, espcially so with default girl. Sorry, I can't be bothered to remember all of their names right now.

"Default Girl" is her True Name. You have now gained power over her.

Somali_Strawhat said:
(...)audience who don't like seeing their waifus preggo.

Yeah, this show really isn't ideal for me.
Oct 16, 2018 7:38 PM

Jul 2017
LunyRem said:
This is my reaction while watching this anime:

But this is my reaction when I saw that horrendous ED:

My goodness, this anime is trying so hard to be as stupid as possible. The meeting with every Star Maiden was done in a blink of an eye that it felt so awkward. Almost every scene in this episode feels so awkward and the floating lewd raccoon is an absolutely obnoxious mascot. Saving the world is no longer a serious matter because they're more excited about making Star Children. And the 2 Star Children who fought in the labyrinth were so pathetic. Heck, even Itsuki was so pathetic.

The only thing that I still like about this series so far are the character designs because the show managed to capture Shinichirou Ootsuka's art style splendidly. Can't believe there is still something that I could give praise in this show despite how horribly flawed this show is.

I've already started watching this so I'm going to watch it all the way until the end. ._. Ugh.

Welp, pretty much the same sentiments. Pacing was outright ridiculous, not even a backstory to understand the world-buliding, it just assumes that we the audience have played the game before and know what to expect, since that annoying BDSM raccoon Mana literally just scoured the ACTUAL website if we don't understand anything about it.

From an overall standpoint, just as bad as Episode 1 itself, if not the worse. Literally gawking from start to finish...and as with continuing the show, just gonna full speed ahead with this trash.
Oct 16, 2018 9:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Was only watching to see if they would actually have sex (And uncensored greatness) but I feel like I got cucked instead, not gonna waste my time with this anymore
Oct 16, 2018 10:25 PM

Oct 2012
Cute girls but the anime's not sexy, interesting or even funny. It's really a shame because I can handle trash anime but this just feels like a dumb wasted opportunity.
Oct 16, 2018 10:54 PM
Sep 2018
umm why was ruka's kid ugly as shit!!!
shes cute!
Oct 16, 2018 11:12 PM

Oct 2015
This show is so bad but I love watching it for a laugh
Oct 16, 2018 11:24 PM
Jun 2017
That raccoon sure is really a constellation of Lewd!!! Hahaha...

Anyways its not required to have a coital activity just to have a child making it for me a little bit disappointing, and the pacing is fast. Hahaha
Oct 17, 2018 12:07 AM
Mar 2018
God, this ED is hideous
Oct 17, 2018 4:49 AM

May 2017
Well that was stupid, waisted potential
Oct 17, 2018 6:25 AM
Jun 2016
I like the concept but the execution is getting pretty tedious to watch. It has a couple funny moments but even most of the comedy is meh. I actually started nodding off and had to force myself to stay awake. I'll give it one more episode.
Oct 17, 2018 7:55 AM
Nov 2017
Timz0r said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

It does look much more to a red panda than a raccoon to me, but that doesn't really matter.

If you have played the games or know the source material, you'll know there was never going to be sex in the first place. I knew already, because I played Conception II for about 2 hours while being high as a kite on the Nintendo 3DS several years ago. These Star Childern are only meant to fight against those monster things. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't get why people get upset for this.

Im not as upset as most but some of my alltime favorite genres are harem and isekai but this show along with Jeanne Darc have really done things that keep me from enjoying it and this show has basically cut out any searching for the maidens and the harem situation bc he only has 2 kiss them so I dont see anything to keep me interested bc this is worse than the Ragnarock harem that just ended
Oct 17, 2018 8:15 AM

Jan 2018
Aww man, i hoped my star sign girl would get decent screentime, but this is barely enough, so disappointed, and her child got barely any screentime. Also why did the MC said that he doesn't know any girls other than Mahiru yet? At least he knew a bit about the doctor Scorpio girl. Mascot giving handjob and MC's reaction was a really WTF moment, was the racoon female? Seems next episode we'll get 2 girls (Scorpio and Capricorn) getting screentime instead of just one, will it be the trend till episode 6? This would speed up the plot if this'll only have 12-13 episodes.

Anyway although this anime really felt like watching a game (i've never seen other game-adaption anime that made me felt like watching a game instead of anime as bad as this), generic, and has bad pacing, at least it's not bad enough for me to drop this because the "please be the mother of my child" thing is so cringy it's good. Oh and i'm waiting for Yuzuha-focused episode :3
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 17, 2018 8:34 AM
Jul 2017
Man... I had to comment on this thread...

I always watch the 3 first episodes of every anime available each seasons.
Then I decide if I'll drop it or not. I've done that for like 10 years, with no exceptions.

It's my first time, but I had to stop watching this after 10 minutes in episode 2...

Yeah, the story is trash, dumb, with strange pacing, an uninteresting MC. It's basically a trope-fest with a "plot" only here to provide tame, rated G "sexy" scenes.
The VO is bad, with multiple characters voiced more annoyingly than Asta from Black Clover.
The animation is minimalist to say the least.
The humour is dumb, and not the fun kind of dumb.

But even with all that, I was still going to force myself to watch one more episode.
But then, after 10 minutes in the episode, I started to feel physically sick, like motion sickness.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with the animation or something, but this anime has the privilege to be the first anime in more than 20 years to make me literally physically sick.

So yeah, I'm dropping this.
Oct 17, 2018 9:04 AM

Sep 2015
The champagne has popped but the MC did nothing. Completely Bamboozled .
Oct 17, 2018 12:33 PM

Feb 2015
Well I feel trolled. It's not even ecchi, I at least expected nudity but producing star children by kissing? Wtf, Japan no wonder your birth rates are so low.

Anyway in done with this, dropped.
Oct 17, 2018 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
Can somebody kindly explain it to me, what the f*do am I watching?!

Oct 17, 2018 4:00 PM

Apr 2018
The only good thing about this anime is the raccoon. Never dropped an airing anime so fast, but this is definetly not worth my time. I acutally like watching "generic" anime, but this is literally garbage. 1/10.
zerotwosdarlingOct 23, 2018 1:27 PM
Oct 17, 2018 7:29 PM

Aug 2018
I don't mind the no sex thing at all. But really all went to trash :c
Oct 17, 2018 8:39 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Okay I actually have to tip my hat to the creators they actually got a good laugh out of me I guess the whole first episode was all just a troll and he doesn't actually go around impregnating women. Still probably gonna be a pretty trashy show but I've raised my score from a 4 to a 6.

But that doesn't mean the show's going to be more enjoyable, in fact I'd argue the opposite. I feel like if they went full trash making things as shocking and horrible as they possibly could it would have been a much better show because everybody could have had a real fun time watching it together and laughing at it. Instead now it's just gonna be some generic harem anime / battle anime.
Oct 17, 2018 11:12 PM

Feb 2018
this animes retarded..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2018 12:03 AM

Oct 2008
that perv Tanuki is so hyper is has become an annoyance!
great OP by nano and great ED by Numakura Manami!

Oct 18, 2018 3:57 AM
Apr 2017
I have one question:

Why this is not a h series?
Oct 18, 2018 5:38 AM

Jul 2014
This show is so dumb but... i kinda love it. The pacing is all over the place and the title is basically the anime version of a youtube clickbait title but still i like it, it's just so bad that it's good. Stupid isekais are my guilty pleasure.

But not gonna lie, the raccoon is funny.

Also no one is gonna comment about the satellite dishes on the dungeon?
Oct 18, 2018 12:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That ED is so fucking good, yet it's wasted on a show like this.
Oct 18, 2018 2:50 PM

May 2017
Well, I'll give it one thing, it's very faithful to the game, and in a world where My Imouto My Writer exists, it's not even the worst anime this season. It is a huge cock-tease though.

My honest question is, why does this anime even exist? Is there another game coming out, or some other adaptation that I wasn't aware of? Why is this even a thing...
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Conception Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2018

154 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Conception Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2018

22 by bronyneder »»
Dec 9, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Conception Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

68 by Aditya_07__ »»
Mar 9, 2023 4:06 PM

Poll: » Conception Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

26 by OnlyKimi »»
Jan 2, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Conception Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2018

19 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 12, 2022 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.