Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2018 3:32 PM

Mar 2016

Though its Department of Public Relations will try and have you believe otherwise, numerous surveys are in overwhelming agreement that Neito is the single, most undesirable place to live on Earth, save for the Magra Wasteland. This abysmal reputation is due to the immense amount of industry there, and a massive poverty level, which result in extremely high crime rates. In fact, the only good thing people say about Neito, is that the Apex Company are based here. Often remarked as the "place dreams go to die."

ByakugaranJan 22, 2019 1:24 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 13, 2018 2:17 AM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Luna would look around, they had made it out to the Neito. It wasn't the nicest place to stay around, she wanted to get away from the industrial area as quickly as possible. "Talk about cognitohazard..."

Luna would follow the map to the best of her ability to beeline as quickly as possible towards the city exit and towards the north to Kroll Forest. If it was possible to leave the area <?>
Dec 13, 2018 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
Jonathan Harker

Jonathan was taken aback at just how bad the city was. He had heard stories, but they couldn't compare to seeing the real thing. Just the sheer amount of smog from all of the factories made it difficult to breathe. Sheesh, this place's a shithole. Really hope we don't get jumped or anything. If only we could've headed straight to Calantra
He stayed just behind Luna as they rushed towards the city's exit, hoping to leave the area as soon as possible.
Dec 14, 2018 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
Leaving the luxurious to some city of Plexta the group took one of the many elevators that rose to the MagLev based within the city. Rising off the ground revealing more and more of the large city, as it took quite some time before you it stopped. As the height revealed the far horizon as the midday started to slowly transition into dusk.

The MagLev station was quite clean, and with the sunset it would have been a relaxing atmosphere were it not for the large amount of people whom walked to the station. Giving a restless feeling to it as there was a cacophony of voices with different conversations being had. Using the MagLev was not a rare form of transport, so you were confident in not getting lost, as you entered the gates you took out your identification pass and swiped it across the touchscreen, as it showed that the Index Foundation had funded this trip.

Moving towards the line to Neito it was a bit less busy, however you were obviously not the only ones which wished to travel to Neito at this certain hour. The train was good to arrive on time and after a few minutes past it left with the group. Taking slightly less then an hour, you may have done what you wished during the travel before it arrived at Neito station.

From high up here the city itself was not clearly to be seen, but to the far south you could still see the distinguishing smoke rising from the industrial side and the myriad of lights illuminating the city in all sorts of colors. The atmosphere of the station itself was not all that different, it had a clean yet sense of restlessness to it, a distinguishing feature though from Plexta's station was that a large percentage of the people walking around were young adult, dressed in all sorts of weird garb. As you once again signed yourself off with your identification pass.

And the moment you neared the city you could heard pandemonium of music and see the saturation of neon colors. Once you had reached the ground you could the variety in the people whom were walking around was extreme. From the brightly colored hair colors made by extensions and hair paint, or the wacky styles, to the more obvious mechanical cyberware augmentations they had put in their bodies. The grooves showing on the body which was machine. And some may wonder from this immediate sight why this would be called the place where dreams go to die.

As you walked by you were easily distracted by the holographic imagery show when you walked to close to certain building or in general the atmosphere. There was no immediate straight passage outside of the city, however you did have a map, which lacked larger details, so if currently still desired attempting of pursuing the quickest exit was possible.
Dec 14, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
Sarah
Lower Slums

She walks around with a bottle of vinegar. She smiles and looks around. Still new to this place that humans have made she could not tell if it was a good place or not. She put her finger in the vinegar. She drink it like this and a small haze come to her eyes. Vineger is like alcohal to humans to her. She smiles once more and walks around a bit drunk.
frogotenDec 14, 2018 11:02 PM
..... :'(
Dec 15, 2018 11:20 AM

Dec 2016
Abygail Fleur

Luna took the initiative and was leading the way. This was a good thing cause she wasn’t as good with reading a map as she would want to be. They would eventually end up having to take an elevator which would take them high up. Eventually they had a good view of the city and maybe a bit beyond. ”Nice” is the only word she could say at the moment to describe the view. Luna then lead them to a train. Luckily they managed to find seats and Aby spent most of her time looking out the window on the train. They would eventually arrive at neito. It was quite the disturbing place to be in. Both of her teammates seemed to dislike the place they where in. ”haha no worries guys, I’m sure we will be able to fight anything that comes our way. Not to mention it be interesting.” the city itself seemed like it be hard to navigate, even with a map.
Dec 15, 2018 6:11 PM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Luna was quite blatant to all the pleasures of the city. She was fixated with the mission at large. Rather the only thing that caught her eye was the irony that the zombie extermination mission's Rank had been elevated. Regardless Luna truly was seeking for the quickest exit to make it to the forest. She felt like there was no point in wasting time.

"Hmm... Fighting anything? Now that you mention it, I might be pretty good at fighting. Runs in family." She'd grin at the irony of her fate.
Dec 15, 2018 7:28 PM

Mar 2016
Jonathan Harker

Abygail's enthusiasm helped to lift Jonathan's spirits a bit. They had been passing by a few interesting buildings from time to time. The holograms in particular were something that caught his attention, and he stared in wonder at each one they passed by."I guess it's not so bad. I mean, we never had technology like this back in my hometown." A vague look of sadness would wash across his face when he mentioned his hometown, but he quickly replaced it with his usual facade of coolness.
Dec 16, 2018 3:37 PM

Dec 2016
Abygail Fleur

Luna explained how fighting ran in her family, "Now that I think about it, She does look like a general or a captain...! cool!"seee!, there is no use in worrying about it. Now I would suggest going somewhere high, where we can get a full view of this place and thus find the fastest way out of here. I mean I guess I could also fly up.." John then mentioned something about his hometown. She was going to ask about his hometown but he had a sad facial expression when mentioning it. Even if it was only for a slight second she did notice it. "So what's the plan guys? I do not feel like walking endlessly through this city. too much work"
Dec 16, 2018 11:57 PM

Mar 2016
In their efforts to find the quickest way out of this place, body had the notion to check their MHPT. For a map of the city, and so finding an effective route was long, tedious, and overly irritating. The city was a tightly packed labyrinth. It’s not clear whether or not the designers intentionally made the city so hard to leave, or if this was simply a byproduct of the design style. Even so, the small narrow, crowded roads eventually lead out,past the half finished walls “protectin” the city. To be fair, they are impressive and still work to deter opposition. So in that aspect they do work.

Once out, the tree line towards the northern forest was visible. Old logging efforts pushed the tree line back before legislation and technology caused massive bonuses to orcharding. But slowly and surely the tree line will creep back towards the city. Now the destination was clear, and all that was left wasn’t getting turned around in the cold, snowy, and eerie woods.
Dec 20, 2018 7:12 PM

Dec 2012
Sarah
Lower Slums

After woundering around a bit drunk she made her way out of the lower parts. She looks around and wounder why things changed. "w..w..were am I..did I go to a ne..new place?" She drinks more vinegar. She enjoy this felling and the tast of this stuff call vinegar. She leans agenst a wall and some fungi began to grow around her. She pick a mushroon up and look at it. "HEHE...it look like it has a hat."
Dec 21, 2018 6:29 PM

Mar 2016
The heavy air of smog weighs down on the city, and her drunken shenanigans had led her back into the Main Street. Miraculously she didn’t get robbed or attacked. People passing by back and forth. Most heading towards the more foul smelling parts of the city, for its where they work. The neon lights mixed with drunken vision was quit the spectacle.
Dec 23, 2018 2:39 PM

Aug 2013

William Garrett

Dropping the matter midway through, Alexis changed subjects as she led the way to the nearest maglev. William didn't inquire further, respecting that people had some memories they'd rather not share, and simply followed behind the heteromorph, speaking with her on the way. "So, is there anything I should be especially wary of?"

The trip didn't take long, and the two soon found themselves inside Neito City. It was the first time William set foot there, but the overall aura lived up to what the rumors said. "This city does feels off... It's opressive, somehow." Keeping wary of his surroundings, William waited for Alexis' directions.
Dec 24, 2018 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
Alexis Malachite

”Don’t fuck with Mama Wolf.”

And here she was again. In this hellhole of a city. She extended an arm, and a massive mace, larger than she was, manifested out of nowhere. She caught it and sling it over her shoulder and donned a very frightening face. She hunched her back just a bit and fit a hand in her pocket. Domt Eat the food, don’t drink the water, don’t breathe the air, don’t talk to the people;actually don’t even look at the people. And never, ever, stray off by yourself. Almost every store in this damn city has ties to the black market.

She walked, with a gaze meant to give off an air of power. Of authority. After all, wielding such a giant weapon takes a lot of strength right? Fortunately for her, she needed only her Ferromancy to lift it. But others didn’t need to know this. This is the cheapest place on earth to live. It’s where the homeless and jobless go to find work in the most desperate hours of their lives. But this city doesn’t like to let its people go.
Dec 25, 2018 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
The activity had not died down even in the slightest as the night was continuing onwards, their arrival at the Maglev station being provided graciously for their mission in Neito was peaceful whatever activity may have been there had been reduced to smal amounts, the only activity being the elevators were few. Free to relax moment soon afterwards a few arrived, opening up an empty circular elevator for their traveling needs.

Coming down with the elevator, the first thing to notice was the bright purple and pink the neon lights had shifted into, reflected slightly in the smoke rising up from the city far above, recognisable by Alexis whom had been here once before, as when the never sleeping city becomes the most active. The elevators opened up as they hit ground floor. And in a quick look it was easy to see that whilst vehicles were riding now this late in town, it was only the occasional bike. Such as a Suzuki Mirage or a Yamaha Growler. And as such the people outside here were care freely walking around.

At several intervals in the street people were gathered heavily, as those were the only buildings open at the moment, as all the other buildings were barred up by a steel wall covered in graffiti. The ruckus caused by the club music playing was quite attention pulling and for William this oppressive was a bit of putting even if he was one whom would go partying in the late nights back Karn city, as they progressed through town, however Alexis tried to show a power of authority not many showed to give a cautionary glance and they walked with confidence, some coming closer then your comfort zone would allow in the busy streets. Yet the maul seemed to some as a confusionary subject, side eyeing the brutish weapon whilst others maybe convinced with you having other intentions enthusiastically took pictures or selfies with you in the frame.

A group of younger adult males even neared the two at a point, totalling at three, two of them seemed more used to the experience, showing the signs of mechanical parts after artificial surgery. Whilst the third seemed a bit more meek, yet he had an air of being here of his own volition. One of the two boys, whom showed to have a larger physique and a chiseled body came to the front. ''Hey ya two, I was wondering if you be up to join the night with us. Also nice cosplay maul you made there.'' He said as he pointed towards it.

Quite in a different side of town, Sarah was in a side alley in the industrial district of Neito, there was less of an enthusiastic air around, the air was tiring and large plumes of smoke left the large factories that lined themselves in a row joined by the warehouses many a darkened from the inside, few people were outside, but you could hear the noises of activity inside some of the factories that had their lights on. In the alley itself lied shallow puddles of water and the slight noise of vermin which were roaming the streets at the moment.
ByakugaranDec 25, 2018 8:22 AM
Dec 25, 2018 12:57 PM

Aug 2013

William Garrett

Even though her warnings could be seen as overkill, there was a fair amount of people whose answer to that question would be the exact same thing. "I'm quite sure at least one of those would have us killed before trouble even manages to find us." He watched as Alexis summoned a weapon, keeping it sheated but ready for use, but decided that summoning his own weapons would only serve to get them further under the spotlight.
In fact, Alexis weapon alone brought a lot of attention to the duo, either actively avoiding them as per Alexis intention or getting closer to take pictures, probably taking her for a cosplayer of some sort.
The city seemed to be active even at night, with music being played loud and many people willing to listen to it. "Sure is noisy around here, huh? Although if this place is as bad as people make it seem, I totally get why they would like a bit of partying. Did you live here for long?"

After a bit of walking, the two of them were interrupted for the first time: three people stood before them, seemingly interested on the 'cosplay duo'. William tried to keep a neutral stance, not wanting to get into trouble but not willing to get overly friendly either. "Thanks for the invitation, but we're rather busy tonight. Maybe next time?"
Dec 25, 2018 11:59 PM

Mar 2016
Alexis Malachite

She didn’t care about people taking pictures. It was a nice weapon, and she did consider herself to be a bit attractive. Though her apathy towards the attention stems from her lack of concern for their opinion. Only their assumptions. And while many may think it’s fake, it also makes it easier underestimate someone who you assume is here for a good time. Yeah, I moved here after I got pregnant. It was supposed to be temporary until I found a house in Karn. Got mixed up in some bad shit... It took a while to get out. Well, three months. Sorry if I seem a bit anxious here. I dont make a habit of walking these streets.

Then three people approached them. And she was justified in assuming the worst about them. However, this didn’t show as she put on a beaming smile and a girly personality for them. Going along with the idea that it’s a cosplay. Nd if they were there to cause trouble, she could easily just turn their grey matter into sludge between the concrete cracks with her trusty maul. Thanks, once you know how to mold ceramic the whole world opens up for you~ It’s even Tin-plated for that final metallic finish. But yeah, as my friend here said, we are a bit busy. Continuing in her worry, she activated danger imminent to determine if any of these guys are bad or problematic. The completely silent and inconspicuous nature of the ability makes it an excellent tool in this city. If only more people thought to use it.
Dec 28, 2018 4:53 PM

Dec 2015
Even in this conversation noise was still around you, but you could understand the gist of each other, as William and Alexis responds to his request, he seemed a bit frustrated, shrugging as he seemed to be thinking before looking back at the other two or more specifically the most out of this place person from their trio. ''Awh cmon, your here and all to party its not like you will be having any less fun then you are already.'' As he seemed to be a bit persistent on trying to get you to join the two of them. As Alexis used danger imminent to determine whether these guy posed anything which she saw as bad or problematic she would get no emotion of immediate problems, they did not seem to have bad intentions. The boy in the back on the other hand seemed to whisper something in the ears of the other guy whom also had robotic parts, this one particularly bright green hair in a mohawk with what seemed to be a neon tattoo of a scaled beast coming from his left arm, although partially obscured by his clothing only the mouth was visible.

The mohawked guy seemed to overlook you for a second as well, in particular observing your maul as you were in the conversation. ''How about this, I will buy ya a good drink and one for your friend too, from Thug & Tug. Alexis would not be aware of a club by such a name.
Dec 29, 2018 12:16 PM

Mar 2016
Alexis Malachite

She sighed. This fucking city... We are just fine. Have a nice day gentlemen. Maybe another time. She decided to just continue walking. And I highly doubt that you want to come with us to where we are going. She tried to walk away, though stopped in her tracks and looked back at him when he mentioned a drink. She quickly downed the rest of the bottle in her hand and threw it into the nearest waste bin. Ill pass. But you really should try the beer at the Serpents Den. Best in Neito. That was a name they might recognize. A shady bar on the shady side of the city where shady people get drinks that are probably shady as well. A bar for thugs, criminals, and the like. Had a notoriously bad rep, and basks in it.

She turns to William and sighs. Come on. I want to leave this place quick. She turns and leaves.
Dec 29, 2018 7:39 PM

Dec 2012
Sarah
industrial district

She look around for a bit and see a rat. She smilss and toss her empty bottle at it.."W.w..why did the air change..I don't like it..."She look at all the lights and try to read some. They were a bit blurry but she could make out a few. She wounder where she woundered into. She did not like there was no ground so she could not do much if she need to fight. She looks around for a place to sit and get undrunk. She was not sure how long it will take but she hope not long.
Jan 1, 2019 1:33 PM

Aug 2013

William Garrett

For some reason, they seemed really persistent about getting them to party... Maybe they were really interested in the "cosplaying" heteromorph, or newcomers were a breath of fresh air in their lives... "Or maybe we look like potentially good organ donors... In either case, they were busy enough with the mission at hand to even bother considering such requests. "Sorry guys, it's just like she said."

For a moment, she seemed like she would accept the invitation, and William raised an eyebrow at her reaction. "She still hasn't had enough?" Thankfully, she ultimately denied them and resumed walking away, with William giving them a quick smile before following after her. Once (if) they were far enough that the group wouldn't hear them, William would whisper to Alexis: "Are they usually that vivid? I expected a more aggressive approach from the residents, but those guys didn't seem like they'd resort to violence... Although maybe we owe that to the friend on your back."
Jan 4, 2019 12:45 PM

Dec 2015
The two whom looked right at home took a glance at each other before at the guy in the back, whom just shook his hand in front of his throat and shaking his head sideways slightly. In any case as to what they may have wanted to continue to say, the two raised up their shoulders and seemed to have given up on the endeavor, though as she did suggest for them to go to the Serpents Den both of the guys just looked at you with a look of disbelief as the one whom had not yet spoken up before did so. ''The fuck you talking about Serpents Den, the Bane Grog and any of the liquor there is of poor quality. Don't know what your drinking.'' As they turned their back towards you, unless interacted with again they quickly dissapeared into the crowd of people.

If they wished to they weren't interrupted further relying on what paths they took, and whilst Alexis might know about around the street the city is ever changing, but its better then trudging through the busy main streets in a manner.

Whilst that was going on Sarah whom was in the industrial district sitting in the side alley could faintly hear the sounds of music coming from be yonder, but it was not an arduous task to find a place here which did not have anyone around to disturb you as you rid yourself of any alcoholic substances within your body. And as she may try to get rid of it, whilst quick unless she stood there for the entire night she would get rid of the copious amounts of alcohol which she must have drunk entirely.

Jan 4, 2019 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
Sarah
industrial district

She look to were the sound was comeing from.."w.w..why so load?...loud?.." She knew this was not loikly the safes place to be and was not sure if she should go were there more pepole or try and wait it off for a bit. She stood up and head a bit closer but not quit all the way there. "..t..this place..is a..maze..ya.."
Jan 6, 2019 12:41 AM

Mar 2016
Alexis Malachite

She looked pver her shoulder at William who spoke about their... colorfulness. Well not everyone is a thug. But if you were to seperate those who are amd arent, you would get a pretty shocking split. Then there are those who con and trick people. Regular people live here too. Despite everything. She smiled a bit at his mention of the giant maul on her shoulder. Im just glad i didnt have to show them just how real it is. Come on, lets get the hell out of this city. She would, after a grewt deal of trouble, fijd the route to leave. Now from a aconcrete jungle to a frozen jungle~ Ready Will? of and once he was prepared, she left the area with William. Headed for the Kroll Forest.
Jan 18, 2019 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
As she started going towards the direction she would start to see the factory style building thin out, with the myriad of foot wide pipes making an ugly sight to the exteriors dissapearing, giving away to the city like state of Neito. Though the festivities seemed to not come directly from here, whilst the neon light or holographic imagery for atmosphere and advertisements is still acknowledge able here it seems to be on the verge of being hospitable to live at.

The music which she heard though soft became a more definite tone to listen to, as you go through the nearest main road for about twelve meters, you would run into a alleyway. At which there seems to be a less then active on the outside bar, with it sounding like a live performance of quite respectable quality, calmer music.

On the outside of the bar she would see not the name in a neon signboard, instead it was wooden board on which the name Houseki was carved into. The door was an oaken door, carved with vine like filigree and a metal doorknob, whilst it did have a glass window it was not clear glass, so you could only see the browny colors and rough shapes from the interior.

The interior did not seem all that wide, only seeming to be the bar itself with no additional tables on the left side of the door and a plateau of different colors on the back of the bar probably being an assortment of beverages.

(@frogoten)
ByakugaranJan 20, 2019 10:04 AM
Jan 21, 2019 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
Victor Ozbern

"What the hell, IAHD!? I don't even work for you!" Victor replied grumpily, as the message from his MPHT woke him up. Victor sat on his bed, taking a look at the clock of his device "Oh well, it's a little late anyway...". Victor put away his MPHT and started his morning routine. Up first, about an hour of silent meditation. Followed up by his morning routine of stretching and exercise. Once he finished both of those he took a quick shower and started to dress for the day.
Through his daily tasks, he considered what to do today, but that warning from the IAHD kept coming back to his mind. In the end, he decided to give them a hand with their issue in Dakton. "It's better to keep those guys on your side... And they'll pay me anyway. A win-win... And to add to that, I can drive there!" While thinking this, he was already in the parking lot of his apartment building, next to his brand new, all-terrain bike. Without much thought, he registered for the mission and drove away full speed, leaving Neito behind in a rush.
ValkanJan 21, 2019 10:56 AM
Jan 27, 2019 6:48 PM

Dec 2012
Sarah
industrial district

She look at the door a bit and traised the vines.."hehe..." she would then walk in and look around. She was unsure were she was and what to get here.. she did not have any way to pay for stuff..well she could it seams humans like some of the funguses she can make.
Jan 29, 2019 2:44 PM

Dec 2015
As she turned the metal doorknob the door did not creak as it opened up to the inside, the first thing that hit her was the sensation of warm air in contrast to the cold evening air outside in spring, a slight smell of grilled chicken hanged in the air. As with a quick glance through the room she could get a much less obscured view through the thick mosaic like glass. Behind the door was a small set of stairs going down.

There was the small around 20 feet wide bar made out a rosewood top on a granite counter, behind which stood a woman dressed in a stark white suit, expect for a maroon brooch, a longish face, slightly slanted eyes that were set upon you and light dark skin tone. With a glance of curiosity that quickly went in a smooth inviting smile. And a rack of fine bottles of alcohols, all clear and finely sorted in light to dark, separated in the middle by a beautiful painting depicting a young boy on a wooden raft fighting against a storm that surrounded him in determination. And to the right of it all a 6 foot tall door and slim straight wooden door that had only a simple metal doorknob.

Besides her in front of the bar were two older adult males, a similar longish facial structure and shorter stature, and though dressed classy had a bit of a rugged appearance to them. One having a small black goatee that grew a few inches to a point flowing down and slicked back black hair into a ponytail. Whilst the other was a bald man, wearing a pair of small glasses and a fine brown french cut. Both weared a dark blue scarf inside around their necks.

There remained two other seats at the bar, but no other. To the left corner of the room which went equal to the bar, stood a holographic image of a fine elven woman in a dress and curly hair that went down to the shoulders. With another door to the right of her, that was similar to the one behind the bar.
ByakugaranJan 29, 2019 3:21 PM
Jan 31, 2019 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
Sarah
Bar

She would look around a bit befor siting next to the men. She wanted to get off her feet. "Do you have any clean water? Do your kind drink it?" she still was not sure what humans and other races drink.
Feb 4, 2019 8:27 AM

Dec 2015
(@frogoten I am waiting for you to edit this last post. I want to see progress in quality of amount, or at least readable and coherent sentences.)
ByakugaranFeb 7, 2019 7:48 AM
Feb 13, 2019 2:06 AM

Mar 2015
Paper Crown King

There was a cold breeze blowing through Neito today. Good thing PCK always wears a hoodie everywhere! Always. It never gets egregiously hot in that damn thing! Ever! Ever...

Potentially questionable choices in wardrobe aside, it was shopping time! What more could a regular citizen wish for than the ability to browse through the certainly legal wares the many shops of Neito had to offer: Food, Clothes, Dreams... All just transaction away! But even with everything under their fingertips, PCK's sights were set on only one thing... Sharpies! The most incredible of writing utensils. I mean, they can use them to doodle on the mask, or someone's face, or you can try to write something cohesive and get your hands dirty after smudging your writing like 10 times. Pure amazement.

Alas, the stationery ruler had never visited commercial district alone beforehand. The search would presumably take a while.

@Byakugaran (Gonna be bothering you now.)
Feb 13, 2019 1:49 PM

Dec 2015
Night was nearing as the the last rays of sunlight were breaking away from view, with its sister Luna taking over. An array of a small droplets of water, began to drown the city as a small downpour of rain began.

And to those whom did not want to be catched by the pour unfurled their canopies of color or stood underneath the large looming building that reached the skies. With the neon lights in the district refracting from the droplets making a beautiful sight. And the busy party goers will active seemed to have begun to enter their dwellings of pleasure. Yet our King as they may have seeked for a colorful array of sharpies in order to satisfy the most refined of artistic values and drawing pleasures seemed to be having a hard time finding any store that had not been closed down yet as of this hour.

And so they had begun to get soaked in the cold water, though under the protections of a hoodie, even it could not stop the droplets. Yet it stopped all of a sudden, and if they turned back to look why they could see a woman of slight white skin with red lips and a slightly curled of brown hair that stopped before the shoulders, decorated by a pleasantly lavish and differently cultured in an interesting cross weave of browns dress of waist length, two purple lily earrings, assisted by a fine light brown coat to go against the cold with redish and gold adorned sleeves, under which was a stylish but mostly comfortably looking stockings and less keen heeled shoes of the same fine light brown. Over the coat she wore a see through rain jacket and seemed to be carrying a umbrella, which she was currently holding above you as well to keep you from under the rain.

As she said in a higher toned and easing voice. ''Are you alright there?''

(@Signalman I don't mind in the slightest, here at your service.)
Feb 13, 2019 11:01 PM

Mar 2015
Paper Crown King

Yeaaaah... so it turns out a vast majority of sharpie sellers are closed by prime time. Well, no wonder, the industry of high art that is sharpie marketing is dangerous and god knows what the competition would do to you if you were out during the dark times of 5pm 'till 6am. No dice then, there's only one thing a lone wanderer like PCK could do now: Mess around in the rain while the less courageous watch in awe of the ruler's carefree splendor!

At least, that was the plan, but they seem to have suddenly developed a rain repelling barrier around themselves. Wait... this occurrence has been heard of before, it seems familiar almost...

And as if synchronized to the sudden realization, a wild question has appeared! Taking out a slightly soaked-around-the-edges notebook, PCK quickly scribbled down an answer to the rogue query:

Never better! Never worse! The max optimism train
Is running 24/7 in this station! Although I do very much
appreciate the concern! The name is Paper Crown King,
mysterious sweeper of Neito's streets! How about you,
miss/lady (really pretty sir??????)?

@Byakugaran (Just gonna immortalize "Good mornung" right here.)
Feb 14, 2019 10:15 AM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

VIT E • XRA F • STR E
END E • SPD E • AGL F
PER F • WIL F • LUK F

Current Status Normal
Skills Active Regeneration

As Londo left the building, he pulled up some more info on the device he was given, "Alright Alice, now what kinda world did we get into this time?"

But Londo didn't hear a response.

"Alice?"

Still no response.

"Huh..." Londo said to himself.

Man, it was pretty lonely without someone in your head.

Oh well, Londo just shrugged it off and looked around the city he had just entered. It looked pretty impressive. Londo had only grown up in small towns and cities with low buildings, so this was a new experience for him! Londo looked on the device that was given to him, attached to his left wrist now, "Neito city huh? Says here that it's a bad place to live, but it doesn't seem that bad to me! Maybe it's like the slums of the world! Anyways, time to find a place where I can beat up some dude!" Londo said, checking the map that he looked up, "Oh, I gotta be careful. I got a bit too used to my strength before, but now I'm starting at rock bottom again." Londo said, leaving the city to find the faction headquarters that apparently freelancers could try and get missions from... how convenient!
LondotheGreatFeb 14, 2019 10:19 AM
Feb 14, 2019 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
Her eyes seemed to dart around to get a look as our King searched their body, causing a bit of the drizzle to dart off from their clothing, slightly rippling the puddles of water they had played in moments prior and soaking in the clothing of the woman whom looked uncaring. With a thug from her soaked clothing she pulled out a slightly soaked notebook. And through rapid scribbling turned it to present the words written, her expression had been one of curiosity as she took out her notebook, to an apparent look of condolement.

Her eyes focused upon it for a few seconds as she took her time, before with the same retained expression of delight as she left out a genuine chuckle. ''Haha you seem energetic. It seems I have interrupted your playing time. Hmm Paper Crown King huh, a lovely name. Its miss, but good to ask. Thought were geting soaked in the rain looking at the closed shops, so I was curious. Well then I guess have a good evening.'' She said as she as patiently waited for them to say a response by writing if they wished to give one slightly intrigued if they did as she watched, or walking away if all was fine.
Feb 15, 2019 4:56 AM

Mar 2015
Paper Crown King

Who knew people this polite were to be found on the streets of Neito? Even someone a optimistic as PCK had a hard time believing that. Was this suspicious? Is that how it works? The questions would only multiply if one kept prodding this uselessly. With the click of a pen, more words started appearing on their notebook, giving form their desired form of expression:

Pneumonia be damned if that's what it takes to
stop me from my quest for sharpies! Though I do
suppose it's not worth it when everyone stocking
them is at home by now. Are you from Neito, miss?
You seem unusually polite for this slice of the Nether!

@Byakugaran (And as such I depart in my clown car! HONK HONK)
Feb 15, 2019 12:46 PM

Dec 2015
A unroot crack of sound came with a flash of light, as a spark came soaring through the clouded sky, though the rain stayed a slight drizzle.

The woman of a slightly shorter stature then our King, whom at this point was looking a bit regale, presumably so by the person in front of her. With a smile her eyes skimmed through the next sheet of paper they had written down upon. And her demeanor did slightly change, her body position became a bit more invititing, though you were not the wisest so it was a bit hard to tell, though even under this umbrella our King stood only on the border and did seem private of her personal space as she stood.

Her voice become less soft and seemed to be a bit more down to earth sounding, though the tone seemed to be more natural ''Oh just like you I have been lived through this place and as much I want deny, I could not. But I am in a very nice mood today, though it seems the shitty sky is trying to change it. Hmm its that late, course, well ugh your probably out of luck here cause of what happens when ya leave the shop open during night here. ''

As she said so, she seemed to interact with the air to King whom had no cyberware implants designed for it. But it was guessable for them she was interacting in Augmented Reality as a message popped up on their MPHT regarding a download for the mapsoft. ''You really outta be there, the shops in Dael are upon till later. Its a shop for children toys, think they are still open for a bit, advise taking trans though.''

(@Signalman And here is your response clown man.)
ByakugaranFeb 15, 2019 12:51 PM
Feb 17, 2019 10:41 PM

Mar 2015
Paper Crown King

Gah! Technology! An app like PCK can't be bothered with figuring out stuff like that! The woman did though, seemingly even had a sabernetic implant like... just like most people in the city. PCK were supposed to get some of those too, but it was decided against as a medical exam revealed some stuff was oddly out of place, and so the procedure would have been to dangerous.

Nothing but sensible cowards those med school graduates.

Before making a royal embarrassenent out of themselves by trying to figure out the MPHT, PCK would go ahead and conjure up another message:
Thank you for your concern kind miss! It's a good
to know that even Gangwar County here has a few
nice people here and there, makes what I do around
the place a even more gratifying.

P.S. Do you have anything I can call you? Proper nouns
are more fun to write.

@Byakugaran (I know what you might be tempted to point out: It's intentional.)
Feb 18, 2019 11:20 PM

Mar 2016
A high-pitched sound resembling the tearing of a thick sheet of paper pervaded the atmosphere, as well as a distinct and audible 'shimmering'. it didnt take long until a thick, pungent smell wafted through the entire area, as if a rotten bomb had gone off. The resonating sound was nearby and seemed to be sourcing from an alley, where a deep crimson light could be viewed from a distance.
Feb 19, 2019 12:53 PM

Dec 2015
Her facial expression changed to one of confusion as she saw the King messing with the MPHT, pressing on the touch screen like they were a child being exposed to dots of vibrant colors appearing and dissapearing. She tried to look over the exposed parts of PCK with a blank interest, though it seemed to only be a slight intrigue as within a few seconds of having looked having given up, not looking defeated just thinking the mystery was lost. Her general body position and general mood shift relying on PCK's mindset at the moment could perceive showed that she her attention had slightly worn off in this conversation or at least was put in something else, by checking her pocket watch every so often and looking a bit off in the distance.

Her attention did shift towards the notebook again though, around halfway through the writing of the message. Waiting when it finished and having read it she responded. ''Gangwar county I mean I would like to call it the Pleasure Trap sometimes really. Call me Ikiru, though really It'd be a curious thing if we were to meet again in this lot.''

With the slight drizzle and cracks of the sparks discharged from the thunderheads above it was interrupted with a strange sunder of noise that pervaded the atmosphere causing an immediate confusion for the stray people about in the busy downtown streets, before before the pungent smell that wafted through the place quickly caused people a large sum of people to scamper away, not investigating the slight shimmer of deep crimson light that sourced from a side alley in these darkened streets, Ikiru seemed to tighten her eyes as he smell came through her nostrils. As her attention was now deadset on the alley. ''Ugh oh god, what in the hell. Is some damn group of teens playing a prank.'' She seemed to press her nose inwards and her expression of disgust faded away mostly, though discomfort was still there by how a poignant the smell was for the eyes. She looked towards PCK, to the people whom had mostly parted and some whom looked, using the umbrella to block her upper body she walked towards alley.

(@Signalman Uh huh)
Feb 20, 2019 8:09 AM

Mar 2015
Paper Crown King

PCK barely had enough to react to Ikiru's words before she departed towards the point of interest in the distance. She's got initiative! Niiiiiiiiiiiiice...

OH GOD SHE LEFT WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE.

In less than a second the Cardboard Ruler dashed in Ikiru's direction, absolutely because of the unspeakable rudeness she has commited and not because of their infinite curiosity towards what the smell came from. After catching up to her, they would not make their presence too apparent. Who knew what kinda crazy gobblegook could be happening there.

@Darth_Lewdious (No special P.S for you because shenanigans.)
Feb 21, 2019 1:02 AM

Mar 2016

Within the Alley, suspended a good seven feet from the ground, and slightly tilted, was a single streak of read energy, writhing gently and giving off a constant sound of buzzing, similar to either arcs of electricity, or the sizzling of meat. The whole thing behaved like electricity, and this awful smell, of rot, feces, and putrid flesh; was certainly coming from it. After gazing for a few moments, it seemed to begin doing something. A pale, fleshy hand seemed to breach through the energy, and begin stretching it. The stench got worse as it opened up, as a major gust of foul, probably carcinogenic gases rushed from it. It smelt of sulphur and methane primarily.

Nidus
First Contact

The creature jumped out of the gap, and landed rather gracefully, it seemed to stumble around before acquiring its footing and looking back. Despite the lack of eyes on its face, it appeared like it could see. And it was backing up. A deep shrill sound was coming from this thing, and it seemed to be growling at the streak. the opening on this side was slowly closing, but a single eye appeared on the otherside. An eye blood red, and completely lacking of any glow. NIDUS!! The small creature shrieked at it, as a massive fleshy arm reached out with daggers as claws. It flailed about, nearly hitting the creature. it did damage to the buildings before the smaller thing, opened its face and began spiting a chemical at the arm. Whatever was on the other side, obviously didnt like it. The arm went back into the light, and the light snapped shut from all the stretching. it faded away, leaving the creature behind.

It turned, and once it finally saw you, it returned to a slouch. Its posture was clearly defensive. its face was closed at this point. it watched you attentively.
Darth_LewdiousMar 4, 2019 7:49 PM
Feb 24, 2019 11:14 AM

Dec 2015
Turning the corner beforehand her face looked calmed and collected as she stared the streak of red energy down observing as the pale, fleshy hand and weirdly humanoid looking creature that disorderly rushed jumped out of the gap. Her hand seemed to move across the air in a quick motion as a small red light covered her iris.

Yet her face became more bewildered looking as what seemed to be what he seemed to be growling towards became see able from the other side of the portal, an enormous blood red eye that was staring. She became on guard and jumped back at surprising speed, as a massive arm reached through the streak.

In a quick movement the strength of the arm that flailed around causing a sharp and uncomfortable noise with the deep scratch marks it dagger-like claws caused on the buildings and shattering of stone causing splintering cracks and holes within the buildings mirroring the slightly curved alley. With the horrid chemical that covered the arm it retreated back causing the streak of red light to snap shut.

Looking over towards PCK whom had placed themselves to be out of direct sight from the creature probably, her knee slightly bend together with her general body posture as she began to make a small gesture of stepping towards it to observe its general reaction. ''I am just checking but can ya understand this?'' As she began to speak a few languages, in an attempt to repeat the sentence through languagesofts.

(@Signalman)
Mar 1, 2019 3:26 AM

Mar 2015
Paper Crown King

PCK opted not to point it out earlier purely out of politeness, but good lord the stench around here was terrible in ways so numerous you couldn't count them on 12 hands! One would wonder if it's just Mysterious Being Ugly's natural BO or if it is something else. Ikiru seemed equally bewildered by this.

But it seemed she was the better of them two, being brave enough to actually try and contact the MBU, unlike PCK, trying to be inconspicuous in spite of their normal flashy as hell nature. Hmmm... how to make an entrance in front of a strange creature from the world of thingamabob. Oh! We gots it!

Upon this thought, PCK quickly gathered some trash from the surrounding area and attempted to put it together in a somewhat artistic way before presenting it to the MBU from a nice, presumably safe, distance.

Brilliant.

@Darth_Lewdious (I've returned from being a lazy ass back to being just an ass!)
Mar 4, 2019 7:49 PM

Mar 2016
Nidus
First Contact

The creatures pink flesh seemed to tighten as it looses its color. Its skin turned a stone grey, but it doesnt lose any of its assumed mobility. With the step she took forward, Nidus took one step backwards. It was backed into an alley, the alley didnt connect with anything, as it was a dead-end. With this Nidus began looking for a way out. The sides of the buildings looked rugged enough. The strange creatures before him were making sounds. While it was confusing to the creature, the slowness by sheer chance was a familiar gesture it learned to understand. In a true case of parralel evolution, the carnal beasts of its homeland have the same basic universal language. Fast sudden movements is a predator. Slow approaches is caution. A growl is a warning, and a shriek is a demand. Nidus determined through her slow motions, that she was being cautious. How should it use this to better its situation. It was away from Dissection, and so it could breathe. It eased its muscles and rose to its two feet. Its shoulders were stretched out, and its fingers seemed to get sharper, longer. Its coloration and tough skin remained unchanged. Its face opened up a bit as it produced a series of strange guttural noises. You could see in the back of its hollow head, were seven black eyes and a very toothy throat. Nidus was attempting to communicate, or rather, establish grounds to communicate. While its stance may have looked open, it was fully confident in its defenses, and it showed. Nidus looked significantly bigger than he previously did. But he hadnt grown, he had spread out more.
Mar 11, 2019 3:24 PM

Dec 2015
With a nod and a two eyes peering into this thing she overlooked its attempts at backing of to rugged stone surface that barred the surroundings like a cage. The grey walls shooting up till the very darkened sky with bolts of lightning coursing through from this perceptive, accumulated with loose and light piping that and wiring out of direct grasp for most, around 15 feet off the stone pavement filled with puddles of water and refuse, with the small droplets of water flowing over its weirdly textured and gaunt looking body. Along its body height of the walls they were decorated by a variety of differently colored graffiti art.

As it suddenly began to slow its movement to a halt and it began to stand its ground. A small smirk began to rise from the corners of her face from the sight of this interpreting her movements in a particular manner that was recognizable in some manner of capacity to it. ''Alright so forms of language of here are not of note, but from observations it has a low capacity for common gestures. Well then, good that I am recording this, they are gonna wanna see this for themselves. Are you alright there though little King?''

Though her immediate sight did not turn from it, with the pressure of how badly this could go wrong depending on how dangerous it was. ''Alright test 01, usage of Auspex teachings for communication.'' She said as she began to slightly rill as if she felt cold or from a sudden pull of exhaustion, with the look in her eyes changing slightly. As in a flash Nidus would begin to experience a fleeting series of visions: A sudden flash of red light to see the events taken place just now, into a darkness filled with calmness and respite an experience felt before; suddenly they see themselves within a sprawl of activity with the city, panicked faces and unrest and a panic from itself, coupled with just in its peripheral but separated from the rest is the figure before it, a hand, outstretched in a unmoving motion. As the calmness from before filled it again, though now accompanied by a curiosity, not waiting to be satiated but for a better understanding.
Mar 12, 2019 2:02 PM

Mar 2015
Paper Crown King

What was it.

This strange feeling welling up in PCK's chest?

Was this how it felt to not be the center of attention somewhere?

Cuz' damn boy, this was great! It feels like you could do literally anything and only you would be the wiser since everyone else is focusing on other stuff! If one could master this art of not being the loudest, flashiest, most annoying thing on the planet, they could like... murder someone! Wait... this is Neito. They could like... do some really funny mischief and not be blamed! Ye. This was the life. How come no one thought of this earlier? Or maybe they did and are just so good at it no one knows about them?

Ooooooo.

PCK was definitely gonna beat up some crooks to ask them how they do it.

But now the problem was Miss Ikiru. How rude to ask a question and not even wait for an answer! Humph. She'll be getting only 2 exclamation marks the next time PCK expresses excitement near her. That's right, all crimes come with severe punishments. But it would be equally rude not to respond, so the "crowned" doodled up a few words in their notebook.

No worries, never felt better! Though I've never felt worse
either so whatevs, right? Anyway, wish you good luck in
dealing with that ugly, no good, probably rat-eating thing over there!

On the paper, there was also a hasty drawing of Ikiru punching the monster. It looked... passable. The lines themselves were well done, just all in the wrong spots or in the wrong sizes, most evident in the fact that Doodled Ikiru had a truck-sized nose.
Mar 24, 2019 7:21 PM

Jul 2017
Enters Area

Ryujin, Son of Aelous

Ryu walked and sought out shady vendors advertising on the streets, if there were none he checked back alleys as well as looking around for stores. What he looked for was simple, but a commodity that was hard to come by: slaves. He needed loyal servants to act as his weapons, however no guards nor IAHD foot soldiers that his father might offer would ever carry out the tasks Ryu aimed for. The only problem in the end would be the pricing of the slaves, but Ryu had managed to acquire a necklace made of saphiric gemstone from his mother's treasury that otherwise would be forgotten. The necklace now lined the inside of Ryu's facemask as he searched for the slave business.

He felt Nemesis awaken, as if a light pressure had suddenly been applied to the back of his eyes. Peering through them, like windows but at the same time as it's own. The enitity that has stayed with him all this time only spoke when spoken to, however every time it woke from it's mental slumber Ryu could feel it. An ominous presence, lurking within his mind as he slept and appearing to him as a small child when called.
NorvalineMar 27, 2019 6:19 AM
Mar 26, 2019 4:56 PM

Dec 2015
After having confused a likely member of the Apex Foundation whom was making his way outward he left the grounds, and had to make a large track through the open and flat wastelands surrounding the headquarters, where within was only one long broad road well maintained and lighted for vehicles coming in or out, connecting it directly to and efficiently to the two outer edges of the wasteland. Having been passed quite quickly by the man in black whom rode his motorcycle down the path, as he walked out this part of town which he had passed through once before to get to Apex Headquarters likely in the first place, here it was not serene. There still remained a miss mash of long stretching apartment complexes with neon signs or huge billboards, though also places where lower neighborhoods together were placed from one to three stories tall and open space was abundant. Becoming more hectic the further southward you went. Till you began to see the higher skyscraper line that reached the clouds and beyond of varying buildings, with something similar to a miniature MegLav rails crisscrossing throughout the buildings.

At this time of time, Ryu had woken up early and a lot had stayed up late yet a few were already seen beginning to heard even further southward, to where the MagLev station was most likely and take their ride home or the other half whom left in scattering direction like to sleep with someone whom did live here or themselves live here, though even if he would interrupt these people no gain could be made, as they did not care for your existence in their drunken stupor or did not comprehend what you meant, luckily or unluckily relying on what their normal attitude towards it may have been, as he likely had not done extensive research about it. Not much progress was to be made on its own, and there were a few people of note whom did not at this time of night walking around seem in a drunken stupor whom he could have approached.

ByakugaranMar 27, 2019 6:50 AM
Mar 27, 2019 6:25 AM

Jul 2017
Ryujin, Son of Aelous

Jin approached those who seemed somewhat sane in their heads, asking them for directions as to where the shopping or red light district might be in Neito. All he knew of the city was that it was subject to crime and that it would most likely be the perfect place to find what he sought after. He didnt know the city layout, but Jin believed himself tp be fine with walking.

After three hours Jin gave up, his noble legs couldnt handle any more walking and he rested for an hour hidden away on a buikding corner. He would have to withdraw and find his business another day.

Leaves Area
NorvalineMar 28, 2019 6:21 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Cathedral of New Pantheon ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 7, 2018

59 by Zelda102 »»
Nov 13, 2019 8:40 PM

» Natah Jungle ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 10, 2018

51 by Xylolicious »»
Oct 7, 2019 2:55 PM

» Karn City ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 20, 2018

84 by crow890 »»
Oct 1, 2019 4:02 PM

» Apex Company Headquarters

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 28, 2018

45 by Valkan »»
Sep 29, 2019 12:34 AM

» Collector HQ

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 6, 2018

16 by Xylolicious »»
Sep 21, 2019 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.