Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 16, 2018 1:47 PM

Limyaael said:
do any of you understand how anime production works?

Anime production is a disorganized mess of a process no matter how much you apologize for it.

Limyaael said:
Just because you're ignorant and haven't paid attention doesn't mean it's any of the animators' faults.

It's not the animators' fault for not making an official announcement? Speculation and 3rd party reports don't count as reliable information, even if they appear accurate. I may like anime, but I'm not some weeb who monitors all internet traffic relating to anime, so anything other than an official announcement is irrelevant to most normal folks; and ignoring such speculation does not count as "ignorance." Don't be so arrogant.

I can wait for a second half just fine since anime is just a past time for me, but pretending that the way Japan produces anime is in any way logical is just being a delusional apologist; and even if you want to pretend it makes sense, it doesn't make it any less disappointing that they split the cour with such a long hiatus seemingly out of nowhere. Again, don't be so arrogant because you're hip and happening with all things anime rumors. Even my friends who were aware of those reports were still disappointed.

Oct 16, 2018 4:28 PM

I'd rather wait half a year for quality sasageyo than a rushed season with Overlord's adorable cgi baby goats.

Oct 17, 2018 7:44 AM

If it means better quality then I'm all for it...... However I am a bit annoyed about the fact that it isn't 24 episodes and that the second part isn't named 'Season 4' since airing times are so far apart.

My List
Hall Of Quotes
Set By Transience

Oct 17, 2018 8:48 AM

mitch3315 said:
Inorichi said:

SAO has gotten a 4 cour season 3 with probably the highest quality animation, I've ever seen in anime.

If SAO has the highest quality animation you've ever seen you should probably go watch something from KyoAni or P.A. Works and have your mind blown.

KyoAni I can agree has very good art, however, PA - can't say I've seen anything above average from them. Though, a 4 cour series will probably be considerably more expensive than a single movie or 13 ep series.

Point was, one can objectively say that A-1, is re-investing a lot into their series such as Animations + Series Length compared to Wit, where both the quality and length are dropping.

Oct 17, 2018 8:54 AM

Limyaael said:
People's conspiracies in this thread are insane, do any of you understand how anime production works?

It's called S3 Part 2 because surprise, it's the second half of the current production. The team that worked on the first and second seasons are not the same team that worked here - very similar, but there was a gap between them. While you will have to wait, for the animators there is no gap in the production schedule between episode 12 and 13. If anything I'd wish MAL stuck to the way the older series are catalogued here and kept both parts as the same entry with a gap between the airing dates of the episodes ala Cardcaptor Sakura.

Hylianticipated said:

If it was planned from the very start, they shouldn’t have announced that they’d go on hiatus on the day the last episode aired. Kind of a dick move. “Hey everyone, we know you’re enjoying our anime and episode 12 JUST aired...but you’ll have to wait another 6 months for episode 13. Yay! Isn’t that exciting?” Seems more like an emergency hiatus to me. If this was planned from the start, then it was a douche thing to do; however, if it was an emergency hiatus or something similar then I hope they get whatever it is figured out.

A few weeks before the show aired they said it would be a 24 episode season, but did not specify 2-cour or split. In less than a month reports were already coming out that it was extremely likely that it would be split, so we've known since August that this would be happening. Just because you're ignorant and haven't paid attention doesn't mean it's any of the animators' faults - and judging from the fact that there were so many of them working on the last two episodes I'd say it was down to the wire for these last two, which makes sense considering how high quality the last two seasons have been animation-wise and how much action will be in the next arc.

Inorichi said:

MHA is moving out with season 4 with longer seasons.

Like come on, AOT, getting shorter and the quality is going down.

BnHA has a constant production staff working practically year round, since being in prime time it gets renewed based on ratings (that are excellent) rather than BD and streaming figures like SnK does. That a third season was announced so quickly is nigh-unprecedented.

Season 2 took half a decade or something, and it was half the length of season 1, with lower quality. Have not looked at numbers but AOT probably has more BD sales than most series with it's immense popularity worldwide.

Oct 17, 2018 9:32 AM
It's quite reasonable that the studio is taking a break.I think they will work more on animation, art style, soundtrack,etc so that we fans can experience the best of the anime.But still it feels kinda like a slap that the show ended so soon.

Oct 17, 2018 10:26 AM

Not sure, but I assume it's a money thing. With split seasons they can prolong AoT's longevity.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.

Oct 17, 2018 2:38 PM

Inorichi said:
Limyaael said:
People's conspiracies in this thread are insane, do any of you understand how anime production works?

It's called S3 Part 2 because surprise, it's the second half of the current production. The team that worked on the first and second seasons are not the same team that worked here - very similar, but there was a gap between them. While you will have to wait, for the animators there is no gap in the production schedule between episode 12 and 13. If anything I'd wish MAL stuck to the way the older series are catalogued here and kept both parts as the same entry with a gap between the airing dates of the episodes ala Cardcaptor Sakura.

A few weeks before the show aired they said it would be a 24 episode season, but did not specify 2-cour or split. In less than a month reports were already coming out that it was extremely likely that it would be split, so we've known since August that this would be happening. Just because you're ignorant and haven't paid attention doesn't mean it's any of the animators' faults - and judging from the fact that there were so many of them working on the last two episodes I'd say it was down to the wire for these last two, which makes sense considering how high quality the last two seasons have been animation-wise and how much action will be in the next arc.

BnHA has a constant production staff working practically year round, since being in prime time it gets renewed based on ratings (that are excellent) rather than BD and streaming figures like SnK does. That a third season was announced so quickly is nigh-unprecedented.

Season 2 took half a decade or something, and it was half the length of season 1, with lower quality. Have not looked at numbers but AOT probably has more BD sales than most series with it's immense popularity worldwide.
Season 2 has way better quality compared to season 1

Oct 17, 2018 6:31 PM
I want the main character designer from season 1&2 back!
You can clearly see that the character designs in the season 3 is a lot different and somewhat yaoi-ish

Oct 17, 2018 8:41 PM
RoseVue said:
xShinigami3125 said:

True i also want it to be as good as possible but I was simply disappointed by the fact that we ll have to wait a little longer.

The wait won't be so bad. At least it won't take another 2-4 years for another season. Spring 2019 will be stacked with: MHA, OPM, and AOT. There's a lot to look forward to haha.

OPM S2 will not happen till 2039

Oct 18, 2018 3:20 AM

sim0n2170 said:
Inorichi said:

If you're talking about the quality of the story or ost's I can agree, but the animations? Lol were you even watching the CG colossal titan or the CG horses + terrain?
Compared to S1, both S2 and S3 fell short.

Oct 18, 2018 3:25 AM

Inorichi said:
sim0n2170 said:

If you're talking about the quality of the story or ost's I can agree, but the animations? Lol were you even watching the CG colossal titan or the CG horses + terrain?
Season 1 was way messier with its animation. Look at episode 13 for example that episode didn’t even look finished. S1 had way more still images overall. Season 2 has amazing close up face shots with the make up animation team. There were hardly any fixes in S2 vol 1 BD compared to season 1.

Oct 18, 2018 4:14 AM

What I dont understand is who are they trying to fool by calling it season 3 part 2. It's in a totally different season non continuing, that makes it season 4.

Oct 18, 2018 4:39 AM

sim0n2170 said:
Inorichi said:

Season 1 was way messier with its animation. Look at episode 13 for example that episode didn’t even look finished. S1 had way more still images overall. Season 2 has amazing close up face shots with the make up animation team. There were hardly any fixes in S2 vol 1 BD compared to season 1.

There were hardly any fixes in S2 vol 1 BD compared to season 1.- I'm pretty sure that supports what I say of less effort being spent on s2 + s3 compared to s1.
For Example Fate Stay Night Heavens Feel, much better CG + animations, still made a lot of changes from the theater version to the blu ray version.

Animation has evolved in the half a decade spent before s2, yet the quality of CG has significantly dropped as well as the series length. I mean s3 part 2? Are you joking me? They might as well have made s2 + s3 p1 the same fucking season and made s3 part 2 an entire season on it's own. Not to mention, they'll probably drop separate BR for both parts at a marked up price.

Season 2's finale looks like this : https://i.gyazo.com/50b4c8bd20fb7150a6d30db6b592a082.mp4

Oct 18, 2018 5:21 AM
Just release those soundtracks!

Oct 19, 2018 12:50 AM

Why are these people complaining even though they are watching it for free.??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 19, 2018 2:20 AM

No one wants to wait like this. But as long as they improved the quality (even though it's already awesome) and not take too much time like 2+ years, I'll accept it.
The next arc is one of my favorites. Can't wait to see it.
Modified by zozoz13, Oct 19, 2018 2:34 AM

Oct 19, 2018 10:25 AM

We are are only 39 chapters behind the manga, this is good because they'll have time to improve the quality of the 2nd half of the season, and also because we won't catch up to the manga quickly.

Oct 19, 2018 10:28 AM
ezaya said:

Grey mass entitlement. It is said peaceful times breed weak people. Well, I guess it is not a complete nonsense.
Re:formed

Oct 19, 2018 10:29 AM
Username23489023 said:
What I dont understand is who are they trying to fool by calling it season 3 part 2. It's in a totally different season non continuing, that makes it season 4.

It is true. Unless, of course, it was already produced and they decided to split it in half, it is a completely different season. The technicality and concept itself suggest it is a different season. I don't know why someone would believe otherwise.

Oct 19, 2018 10:37 AM

I'm just glad it's only 6 months and not a year or more (-_-)

Oct 19, 2018 12:59 PM
Daniel_Naumov said:
ezaya said:

Grey mass entitlement. It is said peaceful times breed weak people. Well, I guess it is not a complete nonsense.

Ma nigga has a point tho, people don't support the industry( buy the Blu ray, get the merch, the source material, etc) but when they see something's wrong they act like the studio sh*t on their cereals!! Animators in small studios like WIT are overworking all the time, and people don't give a sh*t about them, its sad

Oct 19, 2018 1:38 PM
Edylson said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Ma nigga has a point tho, people don't support the industry( buy the Blu ray, get the merch, the source material, etc) but when they see something's wrong they act like the studio sh*t on their cereals!! Animators in small studios like WIT are overworking all the time, and people don't give a sh*t about them, its sad

Obviously people who have not bought a product can't really complain about its quality, but as someone responsible for Art as a heritage of all of the humanity, each one has a moral right to express his feelings and thoughts (when done so properly, not as "TrAAaAaAaASH sHOOOOOOOOW"). I guess it is about if the person recognizes his own rights as a viewer. Let me see what WIT has done...
They have worked on many popular (and great?) series (Boy Kotetsu-jou was a mistake). They receive a lot of money and investment from Japanese viewers and companies. If you say they are overworking, then they must be receiving proper reward for their overwork. If they do not, it is not anyhow our problem, but the fault of their management, and we can not anyhow influence this. They are supposed to have working unions for this. But I will not go into details about Japanese society. Just think about what you wanted to blame us for.

Oct 20, 2018 1:38 PM

Well I'd rather complain about a long wait for the next season instead of complaining because of the loss of quality in the animation or filler episodes.

Oct 25, 2018 6:23 AM

Because it was planned from the start. They can't do 24 episodes in one go, and having the second part in April will let the manga progress forward more, so the gap between S3 and S4 won't be as long.

Oct 31, 2018 4:58 PM

I just want to remind people here, that you are truly American and by that its not a positive sign, Wit are having shortages of staff right now, money is not a problem, talent is there is a massive staff shortages in the Japanese animation industry right now and its mostly the fault of series of natural disasters that has hit the country, a good deal of animators have died because of it and here you worthless idiots keep mumbling about nonsense that has no root in reality.

On-top of this, Wit also had a tight schedule not just this year but last year too meaning that they could not dedicate the entire studio to the series like they did with season 1 and 2 and people also seem to forget that season 2 was also only 12 episodes.

People or mostly Americans really seem to have this really idiotic idea that anime studios just take on a project as they go, no fool this is not how reality works, they have huge schedules that goes years into the future, big studios like Production IG can have full schedules well into 5 years of production time and Wit Studio is no different they also have a tight packed schedule hence why they cannot just drop everything they have on their fucking hands and just animate Shingeki no kyojin until they run out of source material this is not how the fuck reality works at all.

And just to piss on all the childish fantasies even more, voice actors yes you know those people who do the voices in anime?? Yeah about those people, did you know that they do this for a living? Do you think they can sit around wait for a studio to finish animate an episode so they can do the voices for it or do the scripts? No, they ALSO have tight packed schedules far ahead and all the time get more and more jobs.

Animation production runs on rails in Japan to ensure maximum quality there is massive amount of scheduling and planning that goes into this before production even begins and therefore schedules must align with the VA's too specially when you do sequels or reboots that require original VA's.
Nothing is perfect and incompetent staff who mismanage resources allocated to them can turn anime into soup and by that I mean quality wise, if you do not cut corners were necessary you can end up like Studio Pierrot which is really the dumpster of anime for misfit animators, directors and other staff who are too useless to work in the big studios. Occasionally Pierrot wastes money and gets someone proper to do one episode or some dumb shit that only restrains resources even more.

Wit is not one of them hence why we get waiting time, I do not mind waiting time I am used to it after all I waited 30 years for sequel to one of my favourite anime movies and finally getting it.
But Americans do not understand what patience is, I assume it is because they are too dumb to understand how time works.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
- Plato

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store