Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2018 10:58 AM

Aug 2017
I am planning to read Akira after I have watched the movie, and I've just found out that there's a fully colorized edition by Epic Comics. However, I wonder if the coloring is done properly and if this edition is as "authentic" and has the same aesthetic as the original black&white version, because colors change quite a lot and wrong choices can even ruin the experience. I know that Otomo picked the colorist himself, but still. Thus I'd love to hear some advice, especially from those familiar with both editions :-]

By the way, I've failed to find a right-to-left edition anywhere. So are all available ones (including Epic Comics's) mirrored?
May 4, 2019 11:38 PM

Aug 2013
St0rmblade said:
I am planning to read Akira after I have watched the movie, and I've just found out that there's a fully colorized edition by Epic Comics. However, I wonder if the coloring is done properly and if this edition is as "authentic" and has the same aesthetic as the original black&white version, because colors change quite a lot and wrong choices can even ruin the experience. I know that Otomo picked the colorist himself, but still. Thus I'd love to hear some advice, especially from those familiar with both editions :-]

By the way, I've failed to find a right-to-left edition anywhere. So are all available ones (including Epic Comics's) mirrored?

the colored version is great but its all mirrored junk and has been for a long time
wait a little bit because they have an unmirrored 35th anniversary.
https://waa.ai/XXHW
someone will scan it eventually HAHA, ill reply to this thread when i see its been uploaded
feet_pics_uwuMay 4, 2019 11:41 PM
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
May 5, 2019 2:16 AM

Aug 2017
ahegaofish said:

the colored version is great but its all mirrored junk and has been for a long time
someone will scan it eventually HAHA, ill reply to this thread when i see its been uploaded

Thanks for the information! I've already finished the colored edition though :D
Took me some time to get used to the mirroring (why on Earth did they do that), but it was a great experience nevertheless.
May 5, 2019 2:20 AM

Aug 2013
St0rmblade said:
ahegaofish said:

Thanks for the information! I've already finished the colored edition though :D
Took me some time to get used to the mirroring (why on Earth did they do that), but it was a great experience nevertheless.

its rare to mirror nowadays but it was common back in 2003 - 2007 and such. theres a lot of really good classics plagued with the mirrored releases.
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Nov 13, 2019 2:13 PM
Nov 2017
relativemono said:
St0rmblade said:

please do tell when an unmirrored version is up

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akira Chapter 120 Discussion

linkjoker - Apr 17, 2017

17 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 116 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 113 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

3 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 2:50 AM

» Akira ending

Jacky08 - Feb 14

3 by Jacky08 »»
Feb 16, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 110 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 3, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.