Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems this is the season's finale or rather, for now, the show is going on a break. The episode focused more on the past again which is still fairly important for the overall plot.

Erwin's role this season really shouldn't overlooked.

In the meantime, the finale felt more like a buildup for the next season/cour. Lol @ Connie and Sasha. It's funny to see some of the character gags returning even in the finale. Same with Eren and Jean. Those two still have their amusing interactions. What a cliffhanger!

Can't wait for the show to return in Spring 2019. This has been quite a season that I enjoyed.
Stark700Oct 14, 2018 9:05 AM
Oct 14, 2018 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode, also I hope no one skip the ending. Sad that it has ended but atleast they will have time to make this arc look as best as possible.

So I guess it will be called season 4 then?
keragammingOct 14, 2018 10:42 PM
Oct 14, 2018 9:14 AM
Oct 2015
keragamming said:
Grear episode, also I hope no one skip the ending. Sad that it has ended but atleast they will have time to make this arc look as best as possible.

No, it will still be called Season 3.
Oct 14, 2018 9:15 AM

Oct 2013
64BitRatchet said:
keragamming said:
Grear episode, also I hope no one skip the ending. Sad that it has ended but atleast they will have time to make this arc look as best as possible.

Then why did mal set it as completed then?
Oct 14, 2018 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
keragamming said:
64BitRatchet said:

From what I understand, MAL always splits shows with seasonal breaks.

From this year, examples:
Golden Kamuy, Tokyo Ghoul:re, etc.

It will most likely be called Attack on Titan Season 3 (add something here) until full title is confirmed.
Oct 14, 2018 9:17 AM

Feb 2017
Great way to end it. Got me pumped for the next arc, but shame that we have to wait 6 months to see it. I hope they make the best of such a long break.

Oct 14, 2018 9:18 AM

Dec 2017
Stark700 said:
Can't wait for the show to return in Spring 2019. This has been quite a season that I enjoyed.

No~! I wasn't ready for this. How could I stand another 6 months waiting? >.<
It's for the best, I hope... °0°
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 14, 2018 9:20 AM

Jul 2013
Stark700 said:
keragamming said:

It will most likely be called Attack on Titan Season 3 (add something here) until full title is confirmed.

Inb4 Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 2nd Season. Man, that's a mouthful lmao.

Oct 14, 2018 9:20 AM

Aug 2015
That ED scared the shit out of me, the sequence was so well made. Anyway the season was great so far even those cuts from manga weren`t that critical and didn`t spoil my enjoyment, waiting for april 2019 for the best arc to be animated.
Oct 14, 2018 9:22 AM
Oct 2015
Stark700 said:
keragamming said:

My guess is Attack on Titan Season 3: Return to Shiganshina
Oct 14, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2017
64BitRatchet said:
Stark700 said:

Will it be treated just like Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara? It was also splitted into two cours (and given two different titles), wasn't it?
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

Oct 14, 2018 9:39 AM
Oct 2015
electromagneto said:
64BitRatchet said:
Will it be treated just like Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara? It was also splitted into two cours (and given two different titles), wasn't it?
Yes it definitely will.
Oct 14, 2018 9:41 AM
Apr 2017
electromagneto said:
64BitRatchet said:

Yes it will be called attack on titan season 3: return to shiganshina or something
Oct 14, 2018 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
they showed the Levi, Mikasa, Eren fight and drama in the ED sequence, thats a big teaser for the next season or cour
Oct 14, 2018 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good finale and build up for the sequel.

Jean's and Eren's fight... they made some weird faces getting punched.
Even in the last episode, the past still taking a big part of this season, I thought it was emotionally investing, the way Armin talked and the music involvement.

That ending though... surprised me.

This season for me was great as always, even though it was a bit different than the previous ones. The season's action was as good, impactful and unique as always, thanks to talent like Arifumi Imai, the exploration and the development of the characters were very interesting with the backstories, and I was really engaged with the storyline with all the mystery. It was great all around in my opinion.

Looking forward to April.
MrMushinOct 19, 2018 10:19 PM
Oct 14, 2018 10:05 AM

Oct 2013
deg said:
they showed the Levi, Mikasa, Eren fight and drama in the ED sequence, thats a big teaser for the next season or cour

Most people wont even see it, because most of them dont watch the ending.
Oct 14, 2018 10:09 AM

Jun 2014
Friendly advice to those who aren't a big fan of horror stuff:

Please do NOT watch the this episode's ending sequence at night, it is truly terrifying and nightmare-inducing; although it is truly fantastically made and deserve a few rewatch.

Great stuff! Now take time and make next Arc as epic as possible!! As a IG fan (as well as its subsidiary WIT), I am so pumped!!

Oct 14, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
deg said:

Most people wont even see it, because most of them dont watch the ending.

true that, but maybe the power of spreading info like this on social media might make a difference
Oct 14, 2018 10:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I wonder what the odds will be for us getting more episodes once the show comes back next spring....By then the manga should hopefully be close to ending

Oct 14, 2018 10:35 AM

Apr 2015
15 ADs and 52 key animators.
Yeah as if it wasn't already obvious enough, this really needs 6 more months otherwise the production would've straight up crashed.
FappaOct 14, 2018 10:39 AM
Oct 14, 2018 10:42 AM

Oct 2013
Oh wow, so its only 12 episodes again this time huh?

Were there any news on another sequel? So the next season will start next year. But if I wanted to continue now with the manga, which chapter should I start?

Oct 14, 2018 10:50 AM

Nov 2017
That was one of the biggest "Fuck You, wait 6 months to see what will happen"...i've seen in a long time. So much for buld up, pumping and 1 cour season. I kind a feel sad for the anime-only watchers. I suggest you leave this 6,12,18,24 months waiting, so just you know the studio can make better production, animation, blah, blah, blah, and go straight reading the manga. It is 10 times better.
Oct 14, 2018 11:01 AM

Jun 2014
Rubella_ said:

Were there any news on another sequel? So the next season will start next year. But if I wanted to continue now with the manga, which chapter should I start?

You can start right from Chapter 73

Hopefully that helps ;)
Oct 14, 2018 11:06 AM

Jul 2016
Sad they ended before the best arc. RTS waiting is gonna be a pain.

And again, a certain someone got a longer life extension.xD
cronoSpirAOct 14, 2018 11:12 AM
Oct 14, 2018 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
SmilingBeginner said:
Rubella_ said:

Hopefully that helps ;)

Got it, thank you! :)

Oct 14, 2018 11:33 AM

Mar 2018
D-Did I just watch the best cliffhanger EVER?
Holy shit that Ending... I'm at a loss for words right now...
Koito91Oct 14, 2018 11:47 AM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Oct 14, 2018 11:33 AM

Dec 2014
Wait, what? This was the final episode, I thought the show as going on break for a few weeks, didn't know the 2nd half got pushed back to Spring 2019.

Well, it was a good episode, pretty much the build up before the big events which I would've liked to see the following week but now I'm stuck waiting till next year.

Don't have much to say about this episode in particular, I liked Levi's conversation with Erwin.

The feast was amusing especially with Sasha getting tied up and Eren and Jean hitting each other while hoping for someone to stop them. Luckily Levi decided to give them their break and beat them down. xD

The final scene was epic as hell especially when Erwin started cheering, so awesome. I was so hoping he'd say Shinzou wa Sasageyo! at the end during the charge. Too bad, it would've made it more epic. XD

Holy shit! What was that credits scene? The sudden distortion during the credits totally freaked me out. What the hell was that? I'm assuming it's something from a future episode but I wonder what it's about. Eren seems to have just gotten out of Titan form, were they planning to do something insane?

Overall, another great season of Shingeki no Kyojin, production was top notch. Not gonna say much more until the 2nd cour airs next years I guess.
9/10, like all other seasons. Spring 2019 looking great already with this and BnHA S4.
Oct 14, 2018 11:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm whoever takes the serum will become quite the crucial character. Sadly in this state Erwin certainly can't fight on the field again. But his role as a tactician would still be useful. But if anything his determination to see whats at the end of the road was impressive. The feast though was just hilarious especially Sasha trying to eat it whole and the fight. That scene where the higher ups gave that salute was a powerful one. But the send off by all those that the scouts helped and the scene that showed the mass ranks of the scouts were powerful scenes and a great way to end the season. All in all an excellent final episode that ended the series on a high note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2018 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
Why they gotta tease us like this? Oh all things, I didn't want this season to be split. Anyways, great season. You miss titan action? well this next half will be AMAZING.

10/10

Oct 14, 2018 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
The ending sequence during the credits of the first cour felt major spoilers honestly. They should've put on a different scene instead. But whatever that was done is done. Nothing much can do about it.
Oct 14, 2018 11:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Man, I hope i don't have to wait too long for the next cour. There's bucketloads of manga material left so there's no reason to wait so long.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 14, 2018 11:44 AM
Apr 2018
Oh God, too much build-up!!! I was this close to skip the ending.
Oct 14, 2018 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
Chap
Rubella_ said:
SmilingBeginner said:

Hopefully that helps ;)

Got it, thank you! :)
Chapter 51. Read also the Uprising arc since some scenes are different in the manga.
There's also the cuts they made. Some cut will come up in the manga but not in the anime because of the changes.
Oct 14, 2018 11:46 AM

May 2018
alphazero4um said:
The ending sequence during the credits of the first cour felt major spoilers honestly. They should've put on a different scene instead. But whatever that was done is done. Nothing much can do about it.

People that haven't read the manga won't really get what's going on, the less said about it the better for now.
Oct 14, 2018 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
A great episode overall, loved it.

The feast was hilarious, especially with Sasha.

I was surprised by the credit scene.

9/10.

Oct 14, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2017
the whole episode was mediocre as fuck.

But the OUTRO holy shit it scared the shit out of me at first but when the real thing started playing i instantly had tears rolling down my cheek, thats how good it was. What a fucking cliffhanger. We are not prepared for the 2nd cour.. 6 MONTHS till then.

8/10 season the next one will be a 12/10
shayed__Oct 15, 2018 1:30 PM
Oct 14, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
Great ending for this season. Ermin decided to lead in the campaign to take back Wall Maria. That meat scene was hilarious, Sasha is scary lmao Wtf that scene during the ending sequence? Holy Shit that tease! I am most likely misunderstand the situation given I don't read the manga but seriously someone please just kill Mikasa. The absolute worst character in this series for me thus far.

Anyway, best season in the series for me! 9/10! Cannot wait for this spring.
Oct 14, 2018 11:55 AM

Oct 2013
Tokoya said:
I wonder what the odds will be for us getting more episodes once the show comes back next spring....By then the manga should hopefully be close to ending

Not sure when the manga will end, this season ends at chapter 72 and we are at chapter 110 in the manga, so even right now we have enough material for another 12 episode season even of this season was 24 episodes.

So I'm pretty sure we will get season 4 in 2020, probably 12 episodes again, I guess it is going to be a yearly release for snk from now on it seems until the manga ends.
Oct 14, 2018 11:56 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
That ending has a lot of answers in what we are going to see next season I am assuming we are just going to have to break it down frame by frame.

Oct 14, 2018 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
Mediocre final episode, but what I'm assuming was a flash forward during the ED was certainly interesting, and a good way to build hype for the second cour, even if we have to wait six months for it.
Oct 14, 2018 12:02 PM
Dec 2017
MonkeyDMike said:
Holy Shit that tease! I am most likely misunderstand the situation given I don't read the manga but seriously someone please just kill Mikasa. The absolute worst character in this series for me thus far.

Yeah once you understand the situation you’ll most likely have a different view on it.
Oct 14, 2018 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
I loved the fight between Eren and Jeanboy. Just like the good ol days. Also Erwin's scream and that scene before they left gave me goosebumps.

That last teaser gives so much spoiler. Hurry up April! I wanna watch!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2018 12:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I feel so bad for all the anime only's lool, when I saw that they showed THAT scene near the very end, I could instantly feel all the anticipation that'll come xDDD
Oct 14, 2018 12:05 PM

Dec 2015
The feast they had was fucking hilarious. Sasha was tied to a pole, Jean and Eren got into a fight, and everyone enjoyed the event as well as the great food.

Finally, the Scouts got the kind of send-off they always deserved to get. Erwin was so happy lol. That post credit scene tho >.>
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 14, 2018 12:06 PM
Apr 2018
cronoSpirA said:
Sad they ended before the best arc. RTS waiting is gonna be a pain.

And again, a certain someone got a longer life extension.xD

You are so cruel to remind me this....
Oct 14, 2018 12:06 PM

Feb 2018
The scene in the Ed was such a big fckn tease, I am still pissed that they split the show cuz this arc is what I have been looking forward to for ages now.
Oct 14, 2018 12:07 PM
Dec 2016
The last scene when Erwin hype up the scouts and the people was awesome, it gave me chills and goosebumps, without a doubt one of AOT s best scenes.

Also it was super satisfying to see Erwin smile and get hype and then when they show Levi’s shocked reaction was cool
OvOAllenOct 14, 2018 12:10 PM
Oct 14, 2018 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
Great buildup episode for the next season, the support they are getting now is amazing. Good thing they dethroned that false king.

Overall another 10/10 season for me, SnK never disappoints. Though it was quite different to the first two seasons, it still was just as epic as usual. Next season should be awesome with them trying to retake Wall Maria. That teaser in the ending was sooooo hype though, they are fighting teach other? What did Eren do? Can't wait to see it, hopefully they put even more quality in the next season in those 6 months of waiting.
Oct 14, 2018 12:14 PM

Jun 2014
I was really hoping to see the next arc now, but it looks like we're going to have to wait for it. I liked this season though, I think the anime did a good job of improving an arc that I just absolutely didn't care for in the manga.

Also, that teaser in the ED scared the shit out of me at first. Man, why did they have to do that? Now I want the next season even more.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 14, 2018 12:15 PM

Mar 2016
I literally thought the video playback was messing with me during the end credits part xDDDD
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

219 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.