Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 14, 2018 7:22 AM
In the past week I've watched 180 full length episodes across 15 different shows. That works out to 25 episodes a day. This also happens to be collectively more anime than I had ever watched in my entire life. I didn't skip a second of any episode, and watched roughly 10-11 hours a day, every day for the past 7 days. Some might call this a binge, but I like to think of it as having gone into anime overload mode. So have you ever just decimated series after series until the point you became worried about anime-burnout?

Oct 14, 2018 7:25 AM
I'm kind of concerned for you... are you okay?

I did have a day this summer where I watched 24 episodes of anime (between two shows), but I couldn't keep that up for days. I get burnt-out if I watch that much anime for too long.

Oct 14, 2018 7:27 AM

yeah this is literally just binge-watching anime
that was me with fate/zero and its second season but no i was never worried about "anime-burnout"

Oct 14, 2018 7:28 AM

Has happened to me before over my summer when i had nothing else to do. After a week of watching just anime around 20+ episodes a day, i didnt see any anime for another month

Watching 15 at the same time would drive me insane, are you ok OP?

Oct 14, 2018 7:30 AM

Nope, 8 episodes a day or 2 movies is the most I can do.

Oct 14, 2018 7:30 AM

Yeah it happen to me when I'm watching long-series anime and some of my 10s anime.

Oct 14, 2018 7:33 AM
I'm good, I was just told that if I didn't use my vacation days before the end of October I'd lose all 10 of them. I couldn't afford to go away on vacation, and with repetitive stress injury in my right hand I couldn't play video games. I was cleaning out my bedroom closet on the first day of my vacation and found a bunch of old manga, and then I decided I'd check out what was new in the anime/manga world. I have enjoyed the past seven days, but on Tuesday I have to be back at work.

Oct 14, 2018 7:34 AM

baumanator said:
In the past week I've watched 180 full length episodes across 15 different shows. That works out to 25 episodes a day. This also happens to be collectively more anime than I had ever watched in my entire life. I didn't skip a second of any episode, and watched roughly 10-11 hours a day, every day for the past 7 days. Some might call this a binge, but I like to think of it as having gone into anime overload mode. So have you ever just decimated series after series until the point you became worried about anime-burnout?

Yes, I did. Earlier this year, in fact. I mostly took a break until a few weeks ago.

Oct 14, 2018 7:41 AM

Yeah. Quite bizarre when I think to it, "how the fuck did I manage to finish an anime with 24 episodes in it, and to top it off with it's season 2 that has the same amount of episodes?". I think that's back then when I was really new to anime and got into it.. and I guess here I am, still doing it weekly and the weekday's probably the half of the amount of episodes depending on the series.
plain as being said but everything I say has a pinch of sarcasm and even more, just putting it here.

Oct 14, 2018 7:45 AM

I used to watch a similar amount daily for multiple weeks/months but My anime burnout came much later when I tried to keep up with multiple boring shows. So I would say as long as you enjoy what you watch and don't have to much to do in your real life you should be fine.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

Oct 14, 2018 8:01 AM

I usually watch 1-3 episodes a day and rarely binge anything (unless I absolutely love it). My average binging session lasts about 10-20 episodes and I only do it once a month or so because if I do it too often I know I'll burn out. Holy crap, 25 episodes a day for a week? I definitely couldn't do that.
To see which challenges I'm participating in, please check the 'Active Challenges' section of my profile.

Oct 14, 2018 8:10 AM

Cynder360 said:
I usually watch 1-3 episodes a day and rarely binge anything (unless I absolutely love it). My average binging session lasts about 10-20 episodes and I only do it once a month or so because if I do it too often I know I'll burn out. Holy crap, 25 episodes a day for a week? I definitely couldn't do that.

I've only binged a comparable number of episodes three times in my life. When I was catching up on One Piece during high school (I managed to go from episode one to around 550 in a few months), when I was watching Kuroko no Basket during college, and when I was watching Ace of Diamonds one summer.

Oct 14, 2018 8:13 AM
Your life is quite sad tbh.

Take a break from Anime and do something else.

Oct 14, 2018 8:21 AM

holy shit that’s a lotta of damage.

for the last 3 season, i can only manage to watch 3 ongoing show with a chance of 2 of them left behind. so i can only keep up with 1 anime per week. and also 1 finished series per month occasionaly and that 1 series would take like 2-3 week or maybe a month

holy shit i’m so slow...

Oct 14, 2018 8:24 AM
美乃滋

I have watched 12 episodes a day before ! but I guess thats the longest I can bare... my eyes start hurting if I watch more episodes after that
I do feel like I have the urge to continue watching the anime because I want to know what's going to happen next and make my own prediction and fantasize about the plot nad how the characters are going to interact in the next episode or what new concepts or incidents would be introduced

Oct 14, 2018 8:26 AM

That does not sound healthy....

The most I have watched is 300 episodes of Gintama in a month and I took a month's break afterwards. I normally just watch 12 episodes a week.

Oct 14, 2018 8:27 AM

yes, I did this when I was partaking in the 2018 annual challenge and I watched over 100 + anime in a 5 month period and it burned me out especially when I had to watch another series because I didn't read the criteria properly lmao

so I dropped anime for about 3 months and just started watching it again but now I watch animes that Im interested in and put the other shows on hold

Oct 14, 2018 5:08 PM
baumanator said:
I'm good, I was just told that if I didn't use my vacation days before the end of October I'd lose all 10 of them. I couldn't afford to go away on vacation, and with repetitive stress injury in my right hand I couldn't play video games. I was cleaning out my bedroom closet on the first day of my vacation and found a bunch of old manga, and then I decided I'd check out what was new in the anime/manga world. I have enjoyed the past seven days, but on Tuesday I have to be back at work.

Well, that sounds like a well-deserved break then. Sometimes, binging TV and anime on days off is what you have to do to stay sane from work. As long as this isn't a regular occurrence, you should be okay lol.

Oct 14, 2018 5:12 PM

Invidioso said:

It's his life you judgemental fuck. If anything your life is quite sad dude.

Oct 14, 2018 5:15 PM

Yeah for Full Metal Alchemist and Hunter x Hunter I watched tons of episodes in a row. It is rare nowadays for me to have time to chain tons of episodes.

Oct 14, 2018 5:15 PM

Well, you don't get hungry right after gorging yourself. That's not a problem. Problem is when you don't go hungry anymore, which sounds great until you remember how good it felt to eat.

Sorry for the food analogy.

Oct 14, 2018 5:23 PM
WHEN I FIRST GOT INTO ANIME I BINGED WATCHED THE WHOLE OF NARUTO AND DBZ IN A WEEK.

P.S ITS IMPOSSIBLE IK BUT I BET U CAN REALTE.

Oct 14, 2018 5:37 PM

I watched a two-cour series in one day once, and I don't feel like doing that again.

Watching stuff that fast prevents me from really taking it in and appreciating it, so it's not even a good idea for enjoying anime.

Oct 14, 2018 5:42 PM

If I am really sick I can get through 20 episodes in a day, what else could I do, I couldn't get out of bed.

Oct 14, 2018 5:48 PM
I think I live in this mode....but then perhaps I'm a bit overzealous by nature.

Oct 14, 2018 5:55 PM

Yep, at least bii-monthly, I regulate it pretty well but sometimes a show is just so good that actually stopping is impossible. It happens.

Oct 14, 2018 5:58 PM

My first thought when reading topic title was: "WTF is Anime Overload Mode ?"

After reading your post, have to say that I already passed through something like that, but of course you're way more high level than I was. For me, it was something like a 26 episodes series in 2 days and that's all. A few years later, I went into 200 episodes in 25 days. I know some people here think those numbers are normal, but not for me. I'm accostumed to watching 2 or 3 episodes a day,.

Play Eternal, the best digital card game ever

Oct 14, 2018 10:03 PM
Zachhh said:
Invidioso said:

It's his life you judgemental fuck. If anything your life is quite sad dude.

Your life is more sad by replying to my comment

Oct 14, 2018 10:08 PM

I finished One Piece in 3 weeks (25+ episodes everyday).I can't binge that many anymore,now I watch anime at night and the most episodes i've watched in a row now is 8. Rurouni Kenshin is going epic right now,I can watch another one now but I will wait for tomorrow. And Baki,episode 1 to 8.

But yeah,go watch Rurouni Kenshin guys,sometimes you think you've watched everything but then comes an anime you didn't expect to be so epic.
One Piece is the Best Selling Manga in History.

Oct 14, 2018 10:26 PM

I've never done something like that. But I am pretty consistent. I do 8 episodes a day but when the series is really interesting and I have the time, I go up to 9-11 episodes. Last few days I've lowered the amount to 6 episodes a day because of toothaches... lol

Oct 14, 2018 10:51 PM
I used to watch about 3-5 12 episodes anime in a week I ended up with two burnt outs and took 2 3 month breaks from anime. I now mainly watch 5-10 seasonal anime and one completed airing anime at the same time it takes me about 4-14 days to complete a 12 episode anime now.

Oct 14, 2018 10:51 PM

Maybe the only time I did something like that, was when I tried to catch up on Dragon ball super & in a week i watched 125 episodes.

Les petites histoires comme toi et moi
Ces amants blessés, ces aimants usés au cœur de la ville.

Oct 14, 2018 10:58 PM
I prefer to keep it at a steady everage of about 10-12 eps a day. Enough to watch a lot of shows but I also don't burn out. Been keeping that up for years pretty much. In some months it's more than that, in some months it's less but the average holds steady and there's rarely huge deviations from it. Might have had some weeks like OP described when I was younger, but probably not in quite a long time, if ever. Some days of watching 12+ hours, sure. But not for a whole week. I got other shit to do, or if not then at least other shit to watch :>

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Oct 14, 2018 11:07 PM

It's been a long time ever since I did that. Now I watch three episodes in a row and I'm already tired of watching. Same thing with movies, which I've seen a lot more than anime; used to watch two or three movies everyday, sometimes even going up to five. Now I'm seeing like one every week... kinda sad, wish I could go back to those times.

Oct 14, 2018 11:10 PM

baumanator said:

I don't have the endurance for that. For me, "going on an anime binge" means watching roughly a 12-episode anime in 1 day.

Oct 15, 2018 12:10 AM
10 episodes a day is the most I can watch. Even that would exhaust me. Any longer than that, I'll lose my ability to concentrate. I also sometimes take a few hours break before I continue to watch more episodes.

Oct 23, 2018 12:55 PM
This happened to me a few months ago . It was during my summer break. I had nothing to do . I was bored and then started out with golden time . I finished 26 episodes of golden time in a day and for the next 6 days I finished a anime in one day . I think it was 140-145 episodes in a week . Onthen 8th day I sell almost 16hrs . Since then I have learned my lesson. I will never try to do that again.

Oct 23, 2018 2:33 PM

when I used to watch long running shonen battle, one piece, naruto but ESPECIALY hunter x hunter. for pretty much all of those I watched easily 25 episodes a day .(during school, what's more...) well naruto was more like 15-20 at most but OP and HxH were easily 25.
but now as for a lot of anime fan, that's not realy the case anymore.

Oct 23, 2018 2:44 PM
I finished One Piece Twice, before the serie, even Started.

Oct 23, 2018 5:15 PM

I can sit and watch anime all day long, any day. It's just work and other stuff gets in the way. The last time was about 3 weeks ago when I powered through the second half of HunterxHunter (2011).
Modified by Kruszer, Oct 23, 2018 5:19 PM
"Should I be concerned over the obvious delight our daughter takes in the ultra-violence?"
"It's genetic"
-Red Arrow to Cheshire (Young Justice)

Oct 24, 2018 1:01 PM

That's one hell of binge watching... If it's longer than 13, I don't finish it one day (Though even if it's 13, I don't usually do this).

Oct 24, 2018 4:00 PM

Oh yes I definitely have. I don't know why but I was so determined to finish Shippuuden I watched 15-18 episodes every single day. I got kinda tired of it towards the end but that's only because the last arc was shit.

Oct 24, 2018 4:08 PM

You've not hit true overload mode until the trauma leaves you:

On a serious note, 180 episodes a week is way to much. You're not risking burnout, you're risking real life Isekai, you never wanna go real life Isekai.

Oct 24, 2018 4:25 PM

I did a lot of that in my teens and a little into uni... but yeah aint nobody got time for that anymore... still watch anime, but yeah after like 3k+ series watched it gets a little old.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oct 24, 2018 4:31 PM
It is not uncommon to see someone who just new to the anime who also do the same thing as you do. It's called "The Awakening" (as described as gigguk's video: Life Cycle of Anime Fan). This is the state where one consume as much anime as they can after meet their gateway anime.

Sorry but, looking at your profile i can only just assume you are a new anime fan.

and yes, I've ever done this too 6 years ago, after one of my friend recommended me Sword Art Online.

Oct 26, 2018 12:56 AM

You guys on here are wild. I watch like 10 episodes in one day and that feels like a lot.

Oct 26, 2018 1:04 AM
Master Expander

I don't really have the time for it anymore. I could do it though if I was completely free from work and stuff. I mean I did it with both seasons of Chihayafuru, and that was me going to work and school at the same time...

Oct 26, 2018 1:17 AM

I can only dream of having the kind of free time you have, OP.

Oct 26, 2018 2:16 AM

yeah, once-twice.
it happend when i have a lot of free time and something excite me so much.
I still remember i watch 27 episode a day, finished a 24 episode anime and finished 4 episode from other anime. Idk how tf did i managed to do that but i think before i start watching, i don't ask myself "can i finish this today?" or "how long i will watch this?", i just watch it then shit just got better-better and i will get curious-asked "what will happen next?" then i got lost

Oct 26, 2018 2:44 AM

Thats one heck of a binging if u ask me LOL.

My personal best is 21 episodes/day. More than that puts strain on my body and i've only done it two or three times. The only other anime which i binged was DBZ which was also my very first anime, but i dont know in how much time i completed it, so i'm not considering this one.

And my usual routine is 4-5 episodes per day when i'm free but for past few months i'm not watching much.

Best Couple ---> Senjougahara x Araragi