Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 13, 2018 1:54 PM
Mar 2018
I know that this is still sao, but it's incredible so far. I heard it follows the light novel faithfully too kinda like fate zero and not like the previous seasons at all! Idk I expected something like 8.60 from the best arc of sao.
Alex82829290Oct 13, 2018 2:29 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 2018 2:13 PM
Oct 2012
Alex82829290 said:
I know that this is still sao, but it's incredible so far. I heard it follows the light novel faithfully too kinda like fate zero and not like the previous seasons at all!

if the previous 2 season, specially season 1, also followed the novel better and give us more world building and add kirito and other's inner monologue/thoughts then it would have been way better than it is now.

SAO's novel and all the side stories ( like Aria In the Starless Night ( it was ~150 page turn into 20min S1E2 sadly... etc ) is one of my most favorite novel.
and SAO Progressive is also really awesome.

at least between the Japanese novels i read, it's one of the top.

i hope they stay loyal to the novel and don't cut us of good parts anymore.
they will end up doing it in the end a bit coz novel is just so much easier/better to tell a story than a anime, but still it hope they do a good job.
PedramOct 13, 2018 2:18 PM
Oct 13, 2018 2:20 PM
Aug 2014
Not sure about underrated, but it looks good so far.
Oct 13, 2018 3:13 PM
Jan 2012
I definitely enjoy it more than s2, especially the gun gale arc. The pacing is good too. SAO felt really choppy through s1's aincrad arc and especially fast paced during the excalibur arc in s2. And the animation is good so far too.
Oct 13, 2018 3:28 PM
Oct 2012
Chris_Pirtle said:
I definitely enjoy it more than s2, especially the gun gale arc. The pacing is good too. SAO felt really choppy through s1's aincrad arc and especially fast paced during the excalibur arc in s2. And the animation is good so far too.

Excalibur arc had at least 5~8 EP of built-up in Season 1 ALO Arc. which they completely cut off.
basically when Kirito and his cousin where going toward world tree in Arc 2, they fell into this underground area and then there is like half of the novel, about their adventure and a really nice interesting plot in there.
and Exculibur is introduced to us there for first time !
Kirito wanted to go pursue it coz of the nerd that he is and his love for rare stuff in game ! but coz he still had to save asuna and didn't had time, gave it up. but said he will come for it later if there is a chance. which lead to excalibur arc.

one of the reason i hate Season1's ALO arc, is coz it was DOUBLE the amount of story in the novel !
and they cut all the game mechanism and cool adventure and action parts.... only give us the other part with more fanservice and drama :| sad...
Oct 14, 2018 9:42 AM

Jul 2014
ALO is trash, and Fate Zero is a VN, not a LN.

OT: more like overrated, have you seen the ratings. hype pls.

lmaoo.
Oct 14, 2018 9:48 AM

Jun 2017
OppaiSugoi said:
Fate stay night is VN, not fate zero. It is LN.
Oct 14, 2018 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
We're just 2 episodes in in the longest arc of SAO so the rating is understandable.
Oct 14, 2018 10:47 AM
Aug 2018
Chrome_Falcon said:
OppaiSugoi said:
Fate stay night is VN, not fate zero. It is LN.

Well most of Sao haters are ignorant little kids that thinks that they are in the top of the world so, what can we expect.
Oct 14, 2018 2:57 PM

Sep 2014
calm your tits, ep2 just aired. We will see.

As for the overall franchise, Im tempted to say yes, because all the unjustified hate it gets, but seeing how it has a) a decent score despite and b) the second halfs of each season were actually trash, I cant really say yes.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 14, 2018 3:50 PM
Jan 2016
Alex82829290 said:
I know that this is still sao, but it's incredible so far. I heard it follows the light novel faithfully too kinda like fate zero and not like the previous seasons at all! Idk I expected something like 8.60 from the best arc of sao.

Honestly i'd say this is just as bad if not worse than the previous seasons so far. I hope it gets better, but currently its meh (As of episode 2).
Oct 14, 2018 3:55 PM
a car

Jun 2017
Blame Goblin Slayer I guess.

Oct 14, 2018 4:00 PM

Nov 2016
The score is pretty good, considering the reputation, I'm actually surprised that it's even in the 8's.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2018 6:28 PM

Feb 2018
I think among the people who are truly rating it as to how they feel, the consesus is that Alicization is REALLY good so far. I think the problem is some people won't admit it's good even if they are enjoying it and sadly there are definitely a few that haven't even watched it yet rate it low just because it's SAO. I didn't really enjoy the previous arcs aside from Mother's Rosario either, but I don't get why people hate on something simply cause it's a part of franchise they hate.

Oh and ADAMAS is such a good fucking OP. It's definitely the best SAO OP imo in both the visual and song department and one of my all-time favorite OPs even tho we've only seen it in 2 eps.

Remember tho, we are only 2 eps in so far and things may get even better or worse... let's just hope it'll be the former
Kwen53Oct 14, 2018 6:58 PM

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
Oct 14, 2018 9:51 PM

Feb 2014
how can something this mainstream be underrated, more like underappreciated. But I'm sure you know SAO fans been sayin for years that Alicization is the best arc

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Oct 14, 2018 10:02 PM
Sep 2016
OppaiSugoi said:

lmaoo.
Fate/Zero is a light novel
1.1.Six
Oct 14, 2018 10:03 PM

Apr 2015
Just because SAO: Alicization is not the main talk of the town (all thanks to Goblin Slayer) that doesn't mean that the show is underrated.
Oct 14, 2018 10:04 PM
Sep 2016
Please don't attract too much attention to this.. I think the peace as people get angry about Goblin slayer is a blessing
It's already doing well in Japan and that's all that ever matters anyway. Please use this blessing for more constructive discussions (It's a rare site for SAO to have such an opportunity)

If ratings mean that much to you it's the too rated TV anime of the season in Japan so calm down. Def not underrated
1.1.Six
Oct 15, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
Give it time man, we haven’t even really dived into the real meat of the arc yet. I’d say, given the track record of this community, it’s an achievement that SAO is even over an 8.
Oct 15, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2017
can't be underrated, even i got enticed into watching it, after not finishing season 2. most people are just in it for the hype, anyway
Oct 15, 2018 11:34 PM
Aug 2018
JudoJD said:
OppaiSugoi said:

lmaoo.

Don't bother explaining things to self proclaimed omniscient like them, it won't get in their blockhead, those ignorant people think that they are in the top of the world/they know everything, and will try to correct others even if they are right. And will look down on other people's/other people's opinions.
immortaluchihaOct 15, 2018 11:51 PM
Oct 15, 2018 11:38 PM
Aug 2018
Alex82829290 said:

Well this is MAL which has one of the most idiotic bandwagons(look at penguin in the city) so of course as SAO has the biggest hate bandwagon in MAL, it will always be underrated here, even if the haters likes it they will only rate is as high as 6, because of their egos. But don't worry Japanese people love it, and it's among their top 20 anime of all time. And as long as Japan wants more SAO, we will get more SAO.
Oct 16, 2018 4:03 AM

Jul 2014
immortaluchiha said:
JudoJD said:

Don't bother explaining things to self proclaimed omniscient like them, it won't get in their blockhead, those ignorant people think that they are in the top of the world/they know everything, and will try to correct others even if they are right. And will look down on other people's/other people's opinions.

lol you’re doing the same thing, hypocrite much?
Oct 16, 2018 4:26 AM

Oct 2015
I'd say its doing pretty well for a series hated by many for some reason.
Oct 16, 2018 6:32 AM
Oct 2018
With a score of 8.22, can you really say its underrated.
Oct 16, 2018 8:01 AM

Oct 2013
*Overrated

And yes.
Oct 16, 2018 8:17 AM

Nov 2016
I think this is the Only Season of SAO that has been rated fairly. The rest are Overrated but this one has been good so far. I think the show being 4 cours is helping it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2018 12:59 PM
Aug 2018
OppaiSugoi said:
immortaluchiha said:

Ya Lollollolol, blockhead doing the same!!
XD
Oct 16, 2018 1:45 PM

Jul 2014
immortaluchiha said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Ya Lollollolol, blockhead doing the same!!
XD

😂😂😂 topmeme 👌👌👌
Oct 16, 2018 3:53 PM

Sep 2018
Alex82829290 said:

8+ is already a great rating. I'd say its rather that a lot of other shows are overrated, inflating their score far higher then they should ever be.

25NOVember said:
With a score of 8.22, can you really say its underrated.

Apparently some can indeed say that, shrug.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 16, 2018 4:05 PM
Nov 2015
The rumors you've heard online are true: SAO's writing quality has rapidly escalated up to the level of Victorian essays.

the shitty writer who wrote the first 2 seasons suddenly learned how to write well totally
Oct 16, 2018 4:10 PM

Jul 2017
The only people underrating it are the narrow-minded SAO haters that won't admit ths season is being surprisingly good for such a messy saga SAO has been during its first two seasons. It's currently one of the best sequels of this season IMO. The only one I'd say is actually better is JoJo Vento Aureo. All the others are either mediocre or shitty: Tokyo Ghoul Re 2, Satsuriku no Tenshi and Black Clover (even though this one is getting a bit better).

I also see some people complaining about art and animation in Alicization, but I don't really understand it. SAO: Alicization has the best art and animation (just look at that opening) SAO has ever had.
Oct 17, 2018 1:06 AM
Aug 2018
AllHailLelouch87 said:
The only people underrating it are the narrow-minded SAO haters that won't admit ths season is being surprisingly good for such a messy saga SAO has been during its first two seasons. It's currently one of the best sequels of this season IMO. The only one I'd say is actually better is JoJo Vento Aureo. All the others are either mediocre or shitty: Tokyo Ghoul Re 2, Satsuriku no Tenshi and Black Clover (even though this one is getting a bit better).

I also see some people complaining about art and animation in Alicization, but I don't really understand it. SAO: Alicization has the best art and animation (just look at that opening) SAO has ever had.

These haters will complain about anything.
If they stop hating on SAO, whatelse will be left of their life? There won't be any more purpose to live for them. So they will keep on nitpicking and complaining on every little thing about this season.
Oct 18, 2018 12:22 AM

Oct 2014
immortaluchiha said:
Well most of Sao haters are ignorant little kids that thinks that they are in the top of the world so, what can we expect.

immortaluchiha said:

immortaluchiha said:
Well this is MAL which has one of the most idiotic bandwagons(look at penguin in the city) so of course as SAO has the biggest hate bandwagon in MAL, it will always be underrated here, even if the haters likes it they will only rate is as high as 6, because of their egos.

immortaluchiha said:
If they stop hating on SAO, whatelse will be left of their life? There won't be any more purpose to live for them. So they will keep on nitpicking and complaining on every little thing about this season.

It's perfectly understandable that you'd want to stand up for one of your favorite series, but don't immediately write others off and insult them just because their opinion differs from yours. That's equally childish to what you are opposing.

We get it. SAO gets a lot of hate, has an undeniably bad rep, and indeed has a bandwagon mentality against it, which seems to get to you considering how antagonistically defensive you've been from the very start. Again, it's understandable, but the best thing to do would be to brush it off and move on if you can't justify your thoughts in a sensible manner. That just adds fuel to the fire. It's absolutely pointless and it will never end.

Thought I'd say something since you keep going on in such a hypocritical way.
Oct 18, 2018 12:26 AM
Feb 2012
I think it is... SAO fans be slacking
they used to overrate back in 2013 but I suppose their powers have dwindled in the last 5 years
Oct 18, 2018 5:10 AM
Mar 2016
I mean you can’t really rate an anime when it isn’t fully out so the ratings shouldn’t even matter, it’s like rating a movie on a teaser trailer
Oct 18, 2018 10:19 AM
Aug 2018
Pyro said:
immortaluchiha said:

immortaluchiha said:

immortaluchiha said:
Well this is MAL which has one of the most idiotic bandwagons(look at penguin in the city) so of course as SAO has the biggest hate bandwagon in MAL, it will always be underrated here, even if the haters likes it they will only rate is as high as 6, because of their egos.

immortaluchiha said:

It's perfectly understandable that you'd want to stand up for one of your favorite series, but don't immediately write others off and insult them just because their opinion differs from yours. That's equally childish to what you are opposing.

We get it. SAO gets a lot of hate, has an undeniably bad rep, and indeed has a bandwagon mentality against it, which seems to get to you considering how antagonistically defensive you've been from the very start. Again, it's understandable, but the best thing to do would be to brush it off and move on if you can't justify your thoughts in a sensible manner. That just adds fuel to the fire. It's absolutely pointless and it will never end.

Me hypocrite? In what way
The biggest hypocrites here are the SAO haters, they say they hate SAO but will watch/comment on every SAO related posts/videos/threads.
Now don't tell that they are still watching SAO because they want to see if it gets better or not, why care so much for the thing that you hate? If that's not called hypocrisy than what is.
Can't they just get over it instead of being so obsessed on hating SAO like their life is really pitiful and has nothing better to do, so they take out their frustration on SAO and it's fans by calling them trash and their taste shit.
Ya truth hurts
immortaluchihaOct 18, 2018 10:24 AM
Oct 18, 2018 7:05 PM

Jul 2014
immortaluchiha said:
Pyro said:

The biggest hypocrites here are the SAO haters, they say they hate SAO but will watch/comment on every SAO related posts/videos/threads.
Now don't tell that they are still watching SAO because they want to see if it gets better or not, why care so much for the thing that you hate? If that's not called hypocrisy than what is.
Can't they just get over it instead of being so obsessed on hating SAO like their life is really pitiful and has nothing better to do, so they take out their frustration on SAO and it's fans by calling them trash and their taste shit.
Ya truth hurts

look whos obsessed in this thread, replying to every so called "hate" reply. If differing opinion = hate then lol ur reasoning to live then.

What a living meme you are.
Oct 18, 2018 7:46 PM

May 2015
Many people are going to come into this with the thought of SAO being overrated and I like the past animes. I do agree that it is a bit overrated, but this arc will be amazing. Very different. I love the many different twists. Itll be great. Don't skip it!
Oct 18, 2018 8:00 PM
Nov 2015
Is this sarcasm post or just beyond brainless human being ever exist that cannot read the score.
Oct 19, 2018 12:51 AM
Aug 2018
OppaiSugoi said:
immortaluchiha said:

Ya truth hurts

look whos obsessed in this thread, replying to every so called "hate" reply. If differing opinion = hate then lol ur reasoning to live then.

Still better than a guy that needs to be obsessed with hating an anime, or else they will lose purpose in their life.
Oh God what a pitiful life they must live.

I know truth hurts.
immortaluchihaOct 19, 2018 12:55 AM
Oct 19, 2018 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
immortaluchiha said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Still better than a guy that needs to be obsessed with hating an anime, or else they will lose purpose in their life.

I know truth hurts.

Truth hurts when trying to justify polishing a turd. I like how you continue to be hypocritical and do the exact opposite you claim in the thread.
Oct 19, 2018 5:21 AM
Aug 2018
OppaiSugoi said:
immortaluchiha said:

I know truth hurts.

Truth hurts when trying to justify polishing a turd. I like how you continue to be hypocritical and do the exact opposite you claim in the thread.

Talking with a true prententious hypocrite like you is a waste of time. Keep on watching/commenting on the threads/videos of the anime you hate.
Lifeless guy
May it giv some meaning to your life.
Oct 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Apr 2016
Is definitely underrated. The score should be at least 8,5 but the haters keep adding huge amounts of 1/10.

Oct 19, 2018 6:51 AM

Sep 2015
I'd say underrated, especially since only 2 eps have aired so far, people are way too judging and we haven't got even half the episodes out
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Oct 19, 2018 9:38 AM

Apr 2018
Welp the score itself is pretty fitting i guess but i think it can be be considered underated compared to other anime from this season looking at how high they are scored
Oct 19, 2018 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
immortaluchiha said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Talking with a true prententious hypocrite like you is a waste of time. Keep on watching/commenting on the threads/videos of the anime you hate.
Lifeless guy

Takes a hypocrite to know a hypocrite. Keep on responding to “hate” / differing opinions that you’ll get nowhere, just running in circles like a dog. Least I got a life lmaoo.
Oct 19, 2018 12:58 PM
Aug 2018
OppaiSugoi said:
immortaluchiha said:

Lifeless guy

Takes a hypocrite to know a hypocrite. Keep on responding to “hate” / differing opinions that you’ll get nowhere, just running in circles like a dog. Least I got a life lmaoo.

Ya I can see that's why commenting on a thread of a series you hate.
GOT LIFE!! Talking about having a life XD, like how shameless a person can be.

Hope you can keep on getting self satisfaction by taking out the frustration you have build up due to your poor life on SAO and it's fans.
Good luck with that.
As long as you can sleep peacefully at night, it's fine.

Pretentious hypocrite san
immortaluchihaOct 19, 2018 1:11 PM
Oct 19, 2018 1:38 PM

Jul 2014
immortaluchiha said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Hope you can keep on getting self satisfaction by taking out the frustration you have build up due to your poor life on SAO and it's fans.
Good luck with that.

I don’t seek self satisfaction, just telling facts as it is, unlike blind egotistical fanbases that like to shut down any negative so called “hate”. Ever heard of criticism? Guess it’s not in your vocabulary. I think you seek self satisfaction by keeping on this charade performance.

Calling out your bullshit, Hypocrite hanako-tan.
Oct 19, 2018 3:19 PM
Aug 2018
OppaiSugoi said:
immortaluchiha said:

Good luck with that.

I don’t seek self satisfaction, just telling facts as it is, unlike blind egotistical fanbases that like to shut down any negative so called “hate”. Ever heard of criticism? Guess it’s not in your vocabulary. I think you seek self satisfaction by keeping on this charade performance.

Calling out your bullshit, Hypocrite hanako-tan.

Well whatever let's you sleep peacefully at night, devoid of life so seeking self satisfaction by being obsessed with hating on an anime 24/7. Keep on doing it for the rest of your life, ops but you don't have one! Carry on your Self proclaimed critics, elitist facade.
Pretentious hypocrite devoid of life San. Oh and a copy dog too.
Tbh you are the worst SAO hater I ever saw in the internet, guess there are actually devoid of life people like you, who will hold onto hating on something inorder to live their pitiful life.

Keep on holding on your hate for SAO, I hope your life will get better in future.
Hope you can pay your own bills one day in future. And enjoy life like us ordinary people in the future.
Well take your frustrations on SAO and it's fans if it's what gives you self satisfaction 😌.
Hope you will bloom someday pretentious hypocrite San.

Well I gotta go now, can't argue with neets that are online 24/7 on the internet.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.