Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 13, 2018 2:22 PM

Oct 2014
The forums would be incredibly boring if mods cracked down on 'bait' threads.

PS: @HopefulNihilist, there is nothing wrong with asking questions. Don't beat yourself down like that.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Oct 13, 2018 2:25 PM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
Good God i hate the time capsule users.
Thank you for your comment Swagernator!
Oct 13, 2018 2:26 PM

Apr 2016
spell said:
Swagernator said:
Good God i hate the time capsule users.

Using name as a mean to evade character limit is lame, you should know that.
Oct 13, 2018 2:27 PM

Dec 2015
This is nothing new. I've been warning everyone about how horrible this place is and yet no one takes me seriously. Waste of a thread, OP.
Oct 13, 2018 2:29 PM

Nov 2016
nani
*omg i hate this 30 character limit*
Oct 13, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
spell said:

Using name as a mean to evade character limit is lame, you should know that.
I do agree using name as a mean is very lame.
Oct 13, 2018 2:32 PM

Aug 2014
CherryLover said:
This is nothing new. I've been warning everyone about how horrible this place is and yet no one takes me seriously. Waste of a thread, OP.
I wasn't aware that there were limited threads to waste, I apologize.
Oct 13, 2018 2:33 PM

Sep 2017
op are you a virgin just wondering from your first post x
Edward Elric > your waifu

Oct 13, 2018 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
Dlwuik said:
op are you a virgin just wondering from your first post x
No I don't fantasize about a German anime character.
Oct 13, 2018 3:34 PM

Feb 2010
The shitposting has always been a thing, that's not the real problem. The problems are:

1. Modern shitposting just isn't funny anymore. It used to be about being sneaky, creative, funny, provoking, believable, tricky and whatnot. Today only the 'provocation' part is there. People only shitpost to stir up shit, and they just copypaste obnoxious opinions without even putting in any effort. Shitposting has been reduced to a couple of pathetic people who are everything but funny, when it used to be a real artform. It's just tiring, and really a shame for shitposting culture. It used to give us gems like this: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1422860&show=50#msg41962598
Nowadays it's all just trying to make as many people as angry as possible without putting in any effort.

2. The main issues, baiting and trolling, are not clear-cut. You need to interpret posts and make a judgment call. It's not like character limit, where it's objective if someone fits it or not. That does make it harder for mods to act, since most of the time they have to 'assume' the intention of the poster, if they aren't halfwits and somehow know to disguise their baiting. It doesn't even have to be a very convincing disguise, just enough to make people not be 100% sure.

3. The politicitation of AD ever since the whole Trump thing. All the alt-right conspiracy theorists and hatemongers come crawling out of their holes since that election legitimized their stances and they bring that garbage into AD, and relentlessly too. It feels like they scour the internet for SJW stuff 24/7 just so they can pick out the worst ones and then spread them around, pretending they're trying to take over the world, when noone would even see their videos if these people didn't spread them around everywhere.
It just feels like there is barely any room to talk about anime anymore, every opinion is based on some political agenda, every post is made to support that agenda, half the threads fall into that category.
I used to just talk about anime and anime meta stuff but for 2 years or so I find myself mostly just replying to people spreading false information and being politically motivated, who usually don't have any interest in the truth, but only their agendas. It's exhausting, but I just can't ignore bullshit when I see it. People make up facts about Netflix all the time just to shit on them for being western, because everything western is SJW. They literally just make up facts and spread them in a matter-of-fact tone. Truth has been reduced to something optional, most people don't care about it anymore, they just care about 'facts' that support their preexisting views. Others vigorously support and defend holocaust deniers. Others openly propagated their nazi-ism on MAL. There is so much open extremism, so many threads created by alt-right users that serve no other purpose than to stir up shit and obscure the truth and make people angry. It's fucking exhausting.

That's not why I came to MAL and AD, but I can't help myself. If you let these people spread their misinformation and hatred unchallenged, they basically win and eventually noone will remember the truth and just believe in whatever fits their worldviews.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 13, 2018 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
HopefulNihilist said:
LOL! A good memory remembers shit that matters. Don't you people get it? Do I have to beat it in your heads?
I don't fucking matter, yet you still remember me. That. Is. Pathetic.

I remember you.

You the guy who stole my drugs.
Oct 13, 2018 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
The forums are filled with shit posts, people complaining about the shit posts and people complaining about the people complaining.

And complaining , complaining about complainings!
Oct 13, 2018 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
There are only 8 mods. its not easy to handle all these Suposed ^Bait Post^ you mentioned. ''iGNORE THEM OR DON'T GO TO THE FORUMS SO YOU WON'T GET BOTHERED TO POST SUCH A THREAD OP''
Oct 13, 2018 3:41 PM

Dec 2017
OP just apply to be a moderator and then you can just ban us all.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Oct 13, 2018 3:46 PM

Dec 2017
the AD board was quite boring these couple of days tbh. at least for me, giving almost no desire to even try to discuss

most of the bait threads are the gs ep.1 aftermath, you should've seen the ditf shitposts or the MALpocalypse
Oct 13, 2018 3:49 PM

Apr 2017
uninstallthegame said:
the AD board was quite boring these couple of days tbh. at least for me, giving almost no desire to even try to discuss

most of the bait threads are the gs ep.1 aftermath, you should've seen the ditf shitposts or the MALpocalypse

ad peaked during franxx, shame the final episodes were ruined by the malpocalypse
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Oct 13, 2018 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
Nah I like bait threads it makes it entertaining to watch destruction unfold
Oct 14, 2018 1:02 AM

Aug 2014
Thread locked

Has nothing to do with anime. If you see a bait thread, report it. We can only see so much, so we need people to report those types of threads.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

115 by APolygons2 »»
7 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

73 by traed »»
11 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
15 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
16 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

19 by LenRea »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.