Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 17, 2018 4:11 PM

May 2012
wow, this episode was almost average, a huge step up from last episode
Oct 18, 2018 10:07 AM

Oct 2017
So basically a guy said "haha you can do nothing, weak bastard", and Kirito be like "I'm the greatest swordsman you little kid" and then somehow he has the power.

Jokes aside it's an okay episode overall, would like to see where this goes.
Oct 18, 2018 10:36 AM
Oct 2012
Nitpic said:
So basically a guy said "haha you can do nothing, weak bastard", and Kirito be like "I'm the greatest swordsman you little kid" and then somehow he has the power.

if i remember correctly, this scene didn't happen in the novel at all.

but it's still nothing surprising coz He had a Metal Sword, against a simple Log.
this is not Real Life, and any item with higher authority can easily destroy items with lower authority.
even if u got 2 Chain with same authority, coz it's same authority as long as u rub them together a while they would be destroyed.

plus, Sword Art is nothing special in UnderWorld, only they are in a remote village so they act shocked lol
Kirito knowing Sword Art make them think he is from a bigger village or a city.
Oct 18, 2018 12:15 PM

Oct 2017
Pedram said:
Nitpic said:

if i remember correctly, this scene didn't happen in the novel at all.

but it's still nothing surprising coz He had a Metal Sword, against a simple Log.
this is not Real Life, and any item with higher authority can easily destroy items with lower authority.
even if u got 2 Chain with same authority, coz it's same authority as long as u rub them together a while they would be destroyed.

plus, Sword Art is nothing special in UnderWorld, only they are in a remote village so they act shocked lol
Kirito knowing Sword Art make them think he is from a bigger village or a city.

Yeah, I was just making fun of it. I know what to expect from this series, I'm just curious if the meme will ever end.
Oct 18, 2018 4:18 PM
Sep 2017
It`s really nice to see Sao take its time with the progression of the season. Apparently, this season will run until September of next year, which is really nice. This episode in particular just introduced us to things, but it was really interesting and helped lay some foundation for the story.
Oct 18, 2018 4:39 PM

Mar 2009
-Riptide- said:
Underworld feels more like an actual living world than a setting made for the purpose of games. The people feel more alive since they're not NPCs unlike before. The worldbuilding feels natural and the viewers are as confused as Kirito since we're now in an unfamiliar world with no knowledge of what's happening. So far the adaptation has been on point. It's good that they include a lot of Kirito's monologues unlike in the first 2 seasons. It gives him more of a character.

Surprised that they showed the tall tower and the woman sleeping this early on.

I still can't get enough of the visuals. They look so fucking good. I hope they can be consistent with this. And best boi Eugeo getting his own ED and seeing how lonely he looks is pretty sad to see.

She's really hot. I like her already.
Oct 18, 2018 6:41 PM

Dec 2013
That’s a horrible calling...
Oct 18, 2018 8:42 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
so basically it's all like a dream, now Kirito's back in it.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 18, 2018 10:12 PM
Jun 2017
hmm... this time it focus on the meet up of Eugeo and Kirito... That demon tree sure will take a lot of time before it would be cut off... hahaha

and to the guy questioning, Kirito's swordsmanship... hahaha, im so sorry for him, no one can beat LORD KIRITO!!! hahaha...
Oct 21, 2018 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
Anime only here. No idea wtf is going on.

I was already upset at Kirito for messing around with dive stuff after the events of Ordinal Scale, and now he finds himself permanently trapped in *another* "game"? Man.. go figure!

Please tell me they are not just cookie cutting the same story onto different scenery and Kirito is, yet again, going to learn nothing from his experiences.
Oct 21, 2018 3:26 AM
Oct 2012
CrimsonTsuki said:

I was already upset at Kirito for messing around with dive stuff after the events of Ordinal Scale, and now he finds himself permanently trapped in *another* "game"? Man.. go figure!

Please tell me they are not just cookie cutting the same story onto different scenery and Kirito is, yet again, going to learn nothing from his experiences.

are u meaning to say the thing he need to learn is to don't bother with virtual reality stuff anymore or what ?

coz this guy is crazy about it, kind of like his dream, he want his future career also be about this.
plus if i were in his place, i would do the same.

I bet at end of SAO, Kirito will probably create Accel World ! or at least have major role in it's creation.

some ppl think if someone do something risky and encounter an accident will learn from his experience and never do that again.
but facts can show that it's never like this, Ask a motorcycle racer who lost his feet if he got the chance, will he race again ? he will say yes !

anyway, this time it's not really a game... and this time it's way more real/brutal. The novel was 10/10, i hope anime deliver ! since truthfully, it did a awful job for season 1 and 2.
Oct 21, 2018 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
my suspension of disbelief can only go so far.

these people, future Kirito included, never heard of tree poisoning? you just simply and literally dump shit on the tree and make it infected.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 21, 2018 8:06 AM

Jun 2017
kidlat020 said:

these people, future Kirito included, never heard of tree poisoning? you just simply and literally dump shit on the tree and make it infected.

It is a virtual world. No bacteria exist there.
Oct 21, 2018 9:24 AM

Apr 2015
Chrome_Falcon said:
kidlat020 said:

they bathe though. and before you say anything, bacteria ALONE causes odor. its not the sweat itself.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 21, 2018 9:36 AM
Oct 2012
kidlat020 said:
Chrome_Falcon said:

they bathe though. and before you say anything, bacteria ALONE causes odor. its not the sweat itself.

first of all, there is no big posion in that world which can do any serious damage to anything.
2ndly, the Tree Authority and life is way more than humans, since there is no poison that can kill a human, there is no way it can kill that tree.
3rdly this civilization of humans are quite early and basic. and their life is so static always doing their "calling" and never do anything against rule. they would never think of that.

lastly, in novel it is said that the cloth that is not washed will not get smelly or bacteria, but still lose it's life/durability faster than normal if you don't wash it.
Oct 22, 2018 1:55 AM

Jun 2013
Pedram said:
CrimsonTsuki said:

are u meaning to say the thing he need to learn is to don't bother with virtual reality stuff anymore or what ?

coz this guy is crazy about it, kind of like his dream, he want his future career also be about this.
plus if i were in his place, i would do the same.

I bet at end of SAO, Kirito will probably create Accel World ! or at least have major role in it's creation.

some ppl think if someone do something risky and encounter an accident will learn from his experience and never do that again.
but facts can show that it's never like this, Ask a motorcycle racer who lost his feet if he got the chance, will he race again ? he will say yes !

anyway, this time it's not really a game... and this time it's way more real/brutal. The novel was 10/10, i hope anime deliver ! since truthfully, it did a awful job for season 1 and 2.

I'm just saying that I would not willing keep going into the lion's den when there are people close to me that would be sad should I never re-emerge, especially when bad things keep happening in said lion den..

You know what they call doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? Stupidity.

He needs to take a chill pill with his passions if he actually cares about those around him.
Oct 22, 2018 7:46 PM

Jul 2017
CrimsonTsuki said:

The trapped thing can't really explain without giving spoilers but
It's explained better than what I just said but that's the gist

As for the whole cookie cutter story I would say not really, but that depends on what you're identifying as being repeated. The story is pretty well paced (at least the first half the 2nd is just a giant clutserf*ck), and Eugeo is a far better secondary protag than Shinon was

Keep in mind though they are adapting ~12 LN for Alicization, whereas S1 was only ~4 LN and S2 was ~3 LN
Oct 23, 2018 1:03 AM

Jun 2013
Short_Circut said:
CrimsonTsuki said:

The trapped thing can't really explain without giving spoilers but
It's explained better than what I just said but that's the gist

As for the whole cookie cutter story I would say not really, but that depends on what you're identifying as being repeated. The story is pretty well paced (at least the first half the 2nd is just a giant clutserf*ck), and Eugeo is a far better secondary protag than Shinon was

Keep in mind though they are adapting ~12 LN for Alicization, whereas S1 was only ~4 LN and S2 was ~3 LN

I won't click on the spoiler, but just knowing that they put some thought into it helps.

We will see about Eugeo, I mean, I realize that in order for character development to occur, they've got to start from somewhere to improve upon in first place, so hopefully it doesnt turn out like the vast majority of other protags that are perpetual weak links or just there to advance the plot.

Thanks for your comments!
Oct 23, 2018 6:41 AM

Aug 2016
Guess no more GGO plot for me... for now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2018 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
A bit confusing but I'm looking forward to more
Oct 27, 2018 12:03 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Low intensity if I compare with the first episode, but the history transcurred 6 years later the Alice rapped, but Eugeo and the people don´t remember Kirito and vice versa!!!
Oct 27, 2018 10:46 AM
Oct 2017
This episode is like a flashback in the same world where he grew up with Alice and Eugeo duting their childhood but Kirito just doesn't remind the past.

That's why I think Eugeo doesn't know him because it's a new bygone era from a virtual world, where Alice is not the same person like in their childhood.

_sorryyyyxxxx for my english it's night haha_
Oct 27, 2018 12:37 PM
Nov 2015
Better than the first...Would like to know what's going on!
Nov 24, 2018 1:40 AM

Jul 2012
So many questions! I'm a bit sad that Eugeo and Kirito don't actually know each other anymore, although Kirito has very vague memories. I'm guessing he'll be able to recover more as time goes on. That'll be interesting to watch.

I didn't think he'd be able to cut the tree, and after he said something about imagining himself as his avatar and then still failing, I didn't think he'd be able to use a sword properly either haha. But it makes sense. He a lot more comfortable with one, but it looks like he has skills too :O

What's Eugeo's relationship with Selka? Things definitely seemed awkward for him when he saw her.
Nov 29, 2018 1:25 PM

Jan 2015
I like this build-up and the mystery. I have high expectations.
Jan 25, 2019 3:08 AM

Jul 2009
Eugeo forgot about Kirito too?

So curious about the girl in the tower
Jan 26, 2019 4:13 PM

Apr 2010
Good build up, let's see where this goes.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Feb 19, 2019 10:16 AM
Dec 2017
i thought i'll able to see Kirito in action.. damn...

Whats up with in the ending.. they show a half naked women ! why ? =_=
Feb 19, 2019 1:07 PM
Jul 2014
Copycat-Hiro said:

Cause she's important.
Feb 20, 2019 12:04 PM
Dec 2017
Siglius said:
Copycat-Hiro said:

Cause she's important.

coz they want more attention
Apr 7, 2019 8:38 AM

Jul 2009
Damn, the villain is a literal tree. Now I've seen everything lmao.

Curious to know how Kirito ended up in that world.
May 4, 2019 9:03 AM

Jan 2013
I'm guessing the reason why Kirito can't log out or do anything outside of this world for the matter is because he's in a coma because of that poison?
Not sure why Eugeo doesnt remember Kirito and specifically mentions that only him and Alice went to the cave.
Too many viable explanations, could be that this is a world that Kirito himself keeps creating, his soul rather.
Could be that Eugeo is also a real person but his memories were altered ... could be a lot of things.
May 20, 2019 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
seems the game world is currently partly in hes brain a tream subconsious trying to make him remember
Jun 19, 2019 9:15 PM

Apr 2014
-SAO I: You die in the game you die in real life.
SAO III: THEY COPIED THE SOULS OF BABIES INTO AI AND ACCELERATED TIME TO GROW THEM!!!

-Conceptually, thus far it's been on a level above the previous two seasons. He's not merely playing a game or being stuck in one, but rather the "game" may be some sort of simulation much greater than it appears to be and there are hints of themes regarding AI ethics. But we'll see how much they dive into that.

-Kirito's monologues provide some helpful context, additional insight into the way he thinks, and makes it easier to sympathize and connect with his experiences.

-Lol he has natural swordsmen abilities, again.

-Euguo forgot who Kirito was, although actually it was more of Kirito having never existed. Many questions regarding the nature of this game and how it works.

-How many other players are in here? How many copies of the world exist? I quite like the elements of mystery and discovery that the show is introducing and will hopefully spend some decent time on.

-Euguo going for that Woodcutting skillcape.

ZeroDragonJun 19, 2019 9:20 PM
Aug 14, 2019 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
Very good episode, very interesting topics it dabbles in. Dreams, human life span, what's more real the dream or the reality?

I believe that one thing could be different from what Kirito initially thought though - this world seems like place for comatose people, where they can be even when not conscious in the real life - and now Kirito is one of them.. possibly all them there? (not just their copies as he thought)

Also, if someone close to him dives into this world would they even recognize him when the memories of reality are blocked? What if all SAO that happened up to this point is just a fake dream and Alicization is its conclusion - what if Kirito was comatose from the start and created his own world where those things (VR and such) are possible? What if all of this is just created by his own brain which just took his friends and families from the real world and created a world of them? What if he needs to just wake up? This would be probably the best possible twist for SAO out there.
Aug 18, 2019 11:36 AM
Apr 2016
Oh, how did that happen? He's in that world, this time with memories. A lot to figure out now, since he's just in confusion.
Sep 18, 2019 10:10 PM

Aug 2017
Oh shit. Now, SAO is a true isekai hahaha.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 17, 2019 3:12 AM

Sep 2014
Nice music for the girl in the tower, looking forward to more of her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 17, 2019 6:12 AM
Jun 2019
Kiritos armor so thick he cant die.he just have to go to his vr world and voila.oh well
for the preservation of our blue and pure world
May 28, 2020 3:45 PM

Mar 2019
Kirito is in another world once again, Eugeo forgot about him, thats weird
Jun 29, 2020 4:55 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
SAO is really sucking me in right now, the new setup looks promising.
Oct 17, 2020 1:23 PM
Sep 2020
Idk if that was Asuna at the end but I am praying for it
Nov 21, 2020 2:30 PM

Aug 2019
For whatever reason Kirito is able to remember memories from the real world inside of the virtual one when he is not supposed to. I wonder what the deal with that is. Eugeo and Kirito meet in this episode but they are a lot older than they were in episode 1. How did they forget about one another? Will they eventually remember? Still pretty confused about the whole fluctlight thing so hopefully there is an info dump episode that explains that in greater detail.
Dec 6, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
So he instantly woke up in the virtual world, no explanation how so far. I expected Eugeo to remember him, wonder why not.
Nov 6, 2022 1:27 PM

Mar 2019
This is weird. What is this world? Is Kirito in a coma? Because the STL isn't a game, it's just creating a virtual world for Kirito so this is very confusing, especially since Eugeo doesn't remember him and all the memories were altered, which is kind of sad.

And here it comes!! Love the opening a lot!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 13, 2023 5:01 PM

Nov 2010
Interesting so far. I wonder what's happening in the real world. Kirito is probably in critical condition, and they plugged him back into STL as part of his life support system.
22:02 That lady is begging to be f*cked, and if I am Kirito, I will!
Dec 16, 2023 8:31 AM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn, what a wonderful and peaceful side of the world he is in. He doesnt seem to remember who he is though
Jan 2, 2:52 AM

Jul 2012
Glad to see Asuna in action on GGO 🤩

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.