Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2018 7:26 AM
Dec 2016

Serial tweets on Crunchyroll's recent drama.
This info spread out among anime fan communities and got so popular.

I think people don't know about Yaginuma's beef with CR.
What do you think about it? I want to hear people's thought on those posts.

P.S. If my English is strange, anybody can correct.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 2018 7:30 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I think that I don't care. Business that generates such profit isn't going to be influenced by Twitter drama, let alone my opinion. The most I can do about it is unsubscribe from Crunchyroll but hey, I wasn't using it in the first place.
Oct 13, 2018 7:32 AM

Feb 2010
PLease, we had this thread already.

This guy is a delusional person who denies the holocaust among other things. He provides no sources for his claims that Crunchy pretended all these things he says they did, like directly helping japanese animators. I'm pretty sure that never happened. Anybody who has any clue of how business works knows that a licensing company won't have any impact on the animator's wages in the country of origin of the products they license. That's just common sense, anyone stupid enough to think otherwise has only themselves to blame. And whatever the fuck the word 'charity' has to do with a business, noone except the delusional author knows. Crunchyrolln ever pretended to be a fucking charity.

Basically, if you take a holocaust denier seriously, you're too far gone already. His relationship with the truth is obviously one where he doesn't care much about it and prefers making up his own alternate facts instead. So please, grow up and learn which people to take seriously and which to ignore. I dislike CR as much as the next guy, but it's really pathetic if you give holocaust deniers a platform and just unreflectedly buy every bullshit they say just because it fits your anti-CR agenda. If something is really bad, you don't need to make up shit and twist facts to make them look bad. You only hurt the credibility of the critics if you rely on such questionable 'sources' for the basis of your criticism.
AlcoholicideOct 13, 2018 7:38 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 13, 2018 7:39 AM

May 2016
Between not using Crunchyroll for various reasons other than its legitimacy and this man not having worked on anything I care about, this is some guy's twitter shitposting.

It's nothing special, and I can do it myself.
Oct 13, 2018 7:40 AM
Apr 2016
If i may ask...what happens if crunchyroll shuts down? (Which i doubt will happen but still)
Oct 13, 2018 7:46 AM

Jan 2009
err where is his proof of that? the AJA report mentions increasing profit in legal streaming http://aja.gr.jp/english/japan-anime-data

and the initial fee for a legal streaming license alone can already pay the anime production cost at times

Bidding wars between Funimation and Crunchyroll, as well as occasional violent disruption from Amazon, Hulu and Netflix have pushed the fees for some shows well over the US$200,000 per episode mark -- $2.6 Million for a 13-episode show.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-09-09/.106251

an average 13-episode anime season costs around 250 million yen (or $2 million).
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-08-13/anime-insiders-share-how-much-producing-a-season-costs/.91536
Oct 13, 2018 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
Every day we stray further from God.
Oct 13, 2018 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
whoever supports crunchyroll lacks IQ
Oct 13, 2018 7:51 AM
Dec 2016
Pullman said:

This guy is a delusional person who denies the holocaust among other things.

This guy is not Yaginuma... I think.
He calls himself Magi-san, a movie-loving blogger/amateur magician.
Those posts became popular aside from Yaginuma's conspiracy theory and I think most Japanese anime fans don't know about Yaginuma's controversy yet.
Oct 13, 2018 7:54 AM

May 2014
I can't take this dude seriously cause he's got no sources and he's a real weirdo if ya know him. Before jumping to conclusions, see if the source is reliable. Cause this dude ain't.
Oct 13, 2018 7:56 AM
Dec 2016
deg said:
err where is his proof of that? the AJA report mentions increasing profit in legal streaming http://aja.gr.jp/english/japan-anime-data

I guess his point is that CR actually promised that they support the creators' livelihood DIRECTLY.
They argue that this FAQ #4 is the source for that lie. https://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=premium_member
Many people over here think "western anime fans are now salty towards CR BECAUSE THEIR LIE WAS UNCOVERED"
Oct 13, 2018 7:58 AM

Sep 2018
I do not know where all that many goes, but I imagine some goes to marketing and High Guardian Spice type projects.
Oct 13, 2018 8:04 AM

Jan 2009
e_hoba said:
deg said:

I guess his point is that CR actually promised that they support the creators' livelihood DIRECTLY.
They argue that this FAQ #4 is the source for that lie. https://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=premium_member
Many people over here think "western anime fans are now salty towards CR BECAUSE THEIR LIE WAS UNCOVERED"

im on a VPN (hack internet lol) so i cannot access CrunchyRoll

but really? the Japanese are like gullible if they believe this shit like even the AJA report i link earlier will tell you the reason the anime industry have record breaking profits for the past few years now is because of worldwide popularity too that means more worldwide license fees for them

he is taking that whole financially supporting the lives of creators directly too literally lol CrunchyRoll just mean they financially support the anime studios so its up to the anime studios to pay their animators/staff with decent wages
Oct 13, 2018 8:10 AM

Sep 2017
I don't care about crunchyroll. Nobody should PAY for anime anyway
Oct 13, 2018 8:12 AM

Feb 2010
justcaolan said:

so how do you suggest it should be created then? Out of thin air?

Kids these days are so entitled to the point of being completely clueless how the world works. If noone paid for anime, it would not exist.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 13, 2018 8:14 AM

Apr 2015
Striker-3649 said:
If i may ask...what happens if crunchyroll shuts down? (Which i doubt will happen but still)

You can basically say bye to majority of seasonal shows, unless some other business starts competition with CR in licensing rights to fill the space.
Oct 13, 2018 8:16 AM

Sep 2017
Pullman said:
justcaolan said:

Kids these days are so entitled to the point of being completely clueless how the world works. If noone paid for anime, it would not exist.

Why would you spend money on something that you can easily get for free?
Oct 13, 2018 8:19 AM

Jun 2017
Pullman said:
justcaolan said:

I don't think it's worth calling other people "completely clueless" when you fall for such obvious baits.

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.

Jan 2015
Crunchyroll sucks, what's new? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 2018
deg said:

and the initial fee for a legal streaming license alone can already pay the anime production cost at times

Bidding wars between Funimation and Crunchyroll, as well as occasional violent disruption from Amazon, Hulu and Netflix have pushed the fees for some shows well over the US$200,000 per episode mark -- $2.6 Million for a 13-episode show.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-09-09/.106251

an average 13-episode anime season costs around 250 million yen (or $2 million).
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-08-13/anime-insiders-share-how-much-producing-a-season-costs/.91536

That's the nazi director who made Net-juu no Susume (if you still remember that controversy)
U really shouldn't bother with people like that .
Oct 13, 2018 8:21 AM

Feb 2018
Why do people keep taking a holocaust denier seriously ?
Oct 13, 2018 8:26 AM
Dec 2016
deg said:
e_hoba said:

but really? the Japanese are like gullible if they believe this shit like even the AJA report i link earlier will tell you the reason the anime industry have record breaking profits for the past few years now is because of worldwide popularity too that means more worldwide license fees for them

he is taking that whole financially supporting the lives of creators directly too literally lol CrunchyRoll just mean they financially support the anime studios so its up to the anime studios to pay their animators/staff with decent wages

well, studios =/= publishers, licensors in many cases
that's why they argue CR tricked people into "fake charity"
Oct 13, 2018 8:28 AM

Jan 2009
e_hoba said:
deg said:

well, studios =/= publsihers, licensors in many cases

ye i mean to write production committee there rather than anime studios

and nah it still makes sense in a away, CrunchyRoll has no direct control over the wages of animators anyway so the anime studios are responsible for that problem

what CrunchyRoll is saying is just basic common sense that you pay us then we pay back the anime industry thats giving wages to the animators/staff thats about it
Oct 13, 2018 8:33 AM

Nov 2014
I don't know who this guy is, but I don't trust him. The way he uses capitalist seems like he's some crazy paranoid dude. "Dem capitalist stepping in and raking 99% of all the profits" or some crap.

I don't trust Crunchyroll either, but this dude doesn't get that they'll be getting 0 if not for them. Honestly I was thinking that at some point Japan would start being more proactive in distributing anime and cutting out the middle man, but instead we get them whining about how bad Crunchyrool is rather than trying to find a way to just skip having to deal with them altogether.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 13, 2018 8:34 AM

Sep 2017
Tomm01p said:
Pullman said:

I don't think it's worth calling other people "completely clueless" when you fall for such obvious baits.

I'm not trying to bait anyone. I truly don't understand why us westerners would pay for anime when we can just let the japanese do it
Oct 13, 2018 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
justcaolan said:

Hands Up. I'm like you.
I never payed shit for Anime. Like never ever. I watch/Read everything for free and i like this Method.
Oct 13, 2018 8:42 AM

Jun 2017
justcaolan said:
Tomm01p said:

I'm not trying to bait anyone. I truly don't understand why us westerners would pay for anime when we can just let the japanese do it

There's a difference between saying 'nobody should pay for anime' and 'why should I pay for anime'

I don't care if you pay for anime or not (heck, I dont pay for it either), but if people who do pay for it wouldn't exist, than anime would't exist either.

Edit: Shit I may've actually gotten baited myself. There is really no saying between who is a baiter or a completely braindead person anymore.
Tomm01pOct 13, 2018 8:46 AM

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Oct 13, 2018 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
xShinigami3125 said:

I would take even Hitler himself seriously if he would talk about how full of shit CR is.

justcaolan said:

Nobody from west, we as westerners dont get anything extra from paying for it, but Nipponjins get tons of extras, special editions etc. we got shit.

But i mean it's not like anime is aimed at us so we fine.
Oct 13, 2018 8:48 AM

Feb 2018
Swagernator said:
xShinigami3125 said:

I would take even Hitler himself seriously if he would talk about how full of shit CR is.

So you would take someone who twists reality to suit his agenda by his word simply cuz he attacked someone you don't like ?
Oct 13, 2018 8:49 AM
Dec 2016
deg said:
e_hoba said:

well, studios =/= publsihers, licensors in many cases

ye i mean to write production committee there rather than anime studios

and nah it still makes sense in a away, CrunchyRoll has no direct control over the wages of animators anyway so the anime studios are responsible for that problem

what CrunchyRoll is saying is just basic common sense that you pay us then we pay back the anime industry thats giving wages to the animators/staff thats about it

Yeah, that's not my argument so it is kinda strange for me to explain what they think of.
That mazy guy and his followers, inspired by Yaginuma, argue that CR promised that CR would distribute the money directly to the creators, not the committee. It was a promise they couldn't keep but that promise has made CR this popular, or they intentionally told a lie. That fake/impossible promise made western anime fans bitter towards CR, according to their argument.

Of course, I personally don't believe their theory. I just wanted to verify what people on the other side really think of.

For Yaginuma specifically, he believes that AJA is just an exploiter/creators' enemy. He believes that AJA, CR, Tokyo Otaku Mode, and Flying Colors Foundation are a part of "Jewish conspiracy".
I don't care what Yaginuma thinks of but I'm not sure if this mazy guy and other Japanese anime fans also support that idea. Otaku Coin actually promised that they would give money directly to animators so I can understand why Yaginuma thinks so in his own world. Other people don't have any specific reason for regarding CR as a liar.
To debunk the "CR's lie is pissing off the western anime fans" theory, I want to know how people understand CR's support for the industry.
e_hobaOct 13, 2018 8:54 AM
Oct 13, 2018 8:50 AM
Apr 2016
justcaolan said:
Tomm01p said:

why would rest of the world pay for western movies/tv series when we can just torrent it and let western people pay for it lol kidding but hey nice mentality you got there, did u inherit it?! You will know how they feel when your own hardwork gets pirated or stolen and you get no credit for anything
Oct 13, 2018 8:50 AM

Jan 2009
justcaolan said:

im poor living in a poor country and a pirate too, the problem with that reasoning is piracy is growing in japan too

Japan Takes Emergency Measures Against Anime and Manga Pirating Sites
https://www.geek.com/tech/japan-takes-emergency-measures-taken-against-anime-and-manga-pirating-websites-1737057/

so every penny all around the world helps for keeping the anime industry healthy
Oct 13, 2018 8:51 AM

Feb 2016
Striker-3649 said:
justcaolan said:

why would rest of the world pay for western movies/tv series when we can just torrent it and let western people pay for it lol kidding but hey nice mentality you got there, did u inherit it?! You will know how they feel when your own hardwork gets pirated or stolen and you get no credit for anything

how does pirating steals anything from you? LUL
you kids either jump into one extreme or the other, you very well know there will always be people who pay for anything
Oct 13, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2016
But hey, we better stop say mean words about CR or MAL will perma ban us.
Oct 13, 2018 8:56 AM

Sep 2017
Striker-3649 said:
justcaolan said:

I'll put credits at the end of my "hard work" and I'll sue all the pirates
Oct 13, 2018 9:15 AM

Sep 2016
e_hoba said:
Pullman said:

Those posts became popular aside from Yaginuma's conspiracy theory and I think most Japanese anime fans don't know about Yaginuma's controversy yet.

You think?? You think??
Seriously, you're going to post this crap without knowing who you're quoting just because they tweeted something against Crunchyroll?

"Hur durr... it's on social media so it must be true"... lamoooo amiright
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 13, 2018 9:18 AM

Aug 2018
Can Crunchyroll even control what animators are paid? i assume they pay the studio
Oct 13, 2018 9:26 AM

Sep 2018
My attitude towards all of this: CrunchYOLO just sayin'.

Oct 13, 2018 9:41 AM

May 2010
e_hoba said:
Pullman said:

Here's the thing - where are they all getting their info from? It's regurgitating certain info. It's like a rumor - it's mutating.

This controversy probably stems over the fact that animators haven't been seeing benefits from the increased revenue, just more work because of the increase in the number of shows. The anime dorm project shows how bad it is.

At this point, I think CR is being used as a scapegoat to elicit change because they can't openly attack JP studios.
Oct 13, 2018 10:32 AM

May 2009
FireballKnuckle said:
Can Crunchyroll even control what animators are paid? i assume they pay the studio
There's a chance, if they become big enough to gate the western fanbase, maybe, but even then it's still unlikely.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 13, 2018 10:37 AM

Aug 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
FireballKnuckle said:
There's a chance, if they become big enough to gate the western fanbase, maybe, but even then it's still unlikely.

Only way i see Crunchyroll influencing pay is if they set up their own studio and try to poach animators for inhouse productions
Oct 13, 2018 10:43 AM

Sep 2011
Crunchyroll is a shit service with loads of problems but anyone with an IQ over 7 should be able to see this guy is full of shit and has literally no sources to back up his lofty claims, and even in the realm of taking his words at face value half of what hes saying makes no sense like the claims about animator wages.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 13, 2018 10:44 AM

May 2013
That's some high quality shit-posting on twitter as well as on this thread.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 13, 2018 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
FireballKnuckle said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Only way i see Crunchyroll influencing pay is if they set up their own studio and try to poach animators for inhouse productions

CrunchyRoll is kinda doing that with the controversial High Guardian Spice lol
Oct 13, 2018 10:46 AM

Aug 2018
deg said:
FireballKnuckle said:

CrunchyRoll is kinda doing that with the controversial High Guardian Spice lol

i meant in the sense that they set up a studio in Japan and buy the rights for manga so they directly compete with other studios
Oct 13, 2018 10:48 AM

Jan 2016
Pullman said:
justcaolan said:

You are wasting your time, you can just hope that one day reality will hit them like a truck.
Oct 13, 2018 10:52 AM

May 2013
Johnnyd3rp said:
Pullman said:

You are wasting your time, you can just hope that one day reality will hit them like a truck.

inb4 someone from that camp quips " Oh I never really cared about anime anyway, kek" . 10/10 trolls :D

Offtopic : Is avatar/sig from Voynich Hotel? :)
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 13, 2018 10:57 AM

Jan 2016
KreatorX said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

inb4 someone from that camp quips " Oh I never really cared about anime anyway, kek" . 10/10 trolls :D

Offtopic : Is avatar/sig from Voynich Hotel? :)

Yep, it's from Voynich Hotel.

At least someone recognize some work from based Dowman Sayman :D
Oct 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2018
Just don't support Crunchyroll ever, make a free account, stream it through Rabb.it to get rid of the ads, and use illegal sites for seasonal shit.

Oct 13, 2018 11:28 AM

Apr 2015
Until Crunchyroll can provide a better and more convenient way to provide content I'll continue sticking to donation-based streaming websites and honestly I don't understand why a lot of people that complain ad nauseam about this are still subscribed to their service.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

207 by JessicaKari »»
19 seconds ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

95 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

66 by BatoKusanagi »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by BatoKusanagi »»
15 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 53 minutes ago

1 by MeanMrMusician »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.