New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 22, 2018 10:54 PM

Feb 2015
necro_dancer said:
meatbun_ said:
loud shounen screams at the distance

the screaming is actually quite good, its annoying for sure

but i think its just asta "blocking negative thoughts" like that, he wants people to know that he is still there and he is still trying

its better than crying deku imo

Eh, the screaming is just Asta being obnoxious, nothing deeper than that.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Oct 22, 2018 10:59 PM

Nov 2011
It's average. Not bad but not great either.

I am up to date to the manga.

Oct 23, 2018 3:16 AM

Mar 2009
I'm watching it for Vanessa and Noelle.

Actually, Yami's a pretty cool dude. And Charmy is funny.
Oct 25, 2018 1:17 PM

Sep 2007
I don't like Hunter X Hunter, you will never have the end.
Like for Berserk and One Piece. XD
And i prefer Black Clover to other shonen from the Weekly Shonen Jump. ^^
Yes, even One Piece, MHA or Neverland.
It's like that !
Oct 26, 2018 8:25 PM

Jun 2016
MHA is indeed overrated in the sense that people praise it as some god shounen with no flaws, and if you try to criticizes it the fanboy will attack you; but its not bad either.
The hate for black clover is unwarranted and its not even as bad as people make it out to be(funny how most of these guys didnt even watch more than 2 episodes with out rating it negatively) but yea.
Im looking forward to the witch arc its going to be hype af.
Oct 27, 2018 9:23 AM
Oct 2018
I really like this anime I'm happy that colorfly's comment has been deleted because of that jerk this anime has this score I don't think this anime deserves 10 but I gave it because it is too underrated it deserves an 8 not 6,77 I keep hearing people talking about how original this anime is but i don't care I love everything about this anime except noelle which seems to me a very stupid character
NamingishardOct 27, 2018 9:28 AM
Dec 1, 2018 2:37 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It might be cliché and predictable, but it's still miles more entertaining than any other modern shounen show.
Dec 2, 2018 6:54 AM
Jan 2018
Did you just call the fights in Black Clover good?
If you're implying that the anime fight scenes are good, you must be very delusional.
Dec 3, 2018 10:01 PM

Feb 2015
@necro_dancer honestly fuck off you wanker.
Dec 23, 2018 7:20 PM

Jan 2010
*OP still call Bakugou a bully and claimed his rivalry with Deku unhealthy even after the latest episode*

OP is someone doesn't worth arguing with smh
Dec 23, 2018 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
I was going to read the thread, despite that I'm not a fan of BC at all,
but after reading the first line.
Nope. Thanks.
Dec 23, 2018 8:47 PM

May 2016
Fights in Black Clover are so dull, just like Fairy Tail. Don't know if BC is underrated or FT is overrated, but they're both only mildly entertaining.
Dec 24, 2018 12:23 AM
May 2017
Shonenfanvoy said:
I really like this anime I'm happy that colorfly's comment has been deleted because of that jerk this anime has this score I don't think this anime deserves 10 but I gave it because it is too underrated it deserves an 8 not 6,77 I keep hearing people talking about how original this anime is but i don't care I love everything about this anime except noelle which seems to me a very stupid character

Read Manga, you can Understand why Noele Really Annoying for Now.
Dec 25, 2018 5:14 AM

May 2010
its clear as day trash compared to other battle shounen
Dec 25, 2018 5:21 AM

Apr 2018
Yes it is. The anime gets better and better and the manga is fantastic
Dec 25, 2018 6:40 AM

May 2017
HxH > BNHA > BC > Naruto > FTrash > (drink) Bleach
Dec 25, 2018 6:49 AM

May 2012
Black Clover is ok. I give it 7/10 at most. it is good but not amazing

Hunter x hunter 2011 and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is way better
Dec 25, 2018 9:17 AM
Jan 2018
This series is by no means amazing and I read the manga. It’s a guilty pleasure because this series is just none stop action so keeping up with it and staying entertained is easy. Plot wise, story wise, character wise, it’s honestly just as bad as FT. Only thing they do right is the Nakama fights where there are real strategies and not just screaming Nakama to get a power up. It doesn’t matter if MHA is hype or not. Objectively it is farr better than BC
Dec 27, 2018 9:53 PM
Apr 2017
After like 10-12 episodes I was pissed with the show,the pacing was horrendous and Asta's constant screaming almost gave me migraines. But I kept watching and gotta say things are definitely a lot, I mean a lot better now.It went from being a bad show that I absolutely couldn't stand to a show I enjoy a lot now. Idk, I guess if people would give the show a second chance, I'm sure they would come to enjoy it like I did, cause honestly its an amazing shounen series
Dec 29, 2018 1:22 PM
Nov 2017
I havent seen BC yet but is it worth watching now? I heard the animation has improved in episode 63.
Dec 30, 2018 9:50 AM

Jun 2016
darkfearie said:
I havent seen BC yet but is it worth watching now? I heard the animation has improved in episode 63.

Yea its good, if you can get past the bad art in some episodes. If not just read the manga and then watch the fights animated to compare. I think the anime did a good job with most fights in the series, compared to the manga.
Dec 30, 2018 1:42 PM
Nov 2017
theultimate341 said:
darkfearie said:

Yea its good, if you can get past the bad art in some episodes. If not just read the manga and then watch the fights animated to compare. I think the anime did a good job with most fights in the series, compared to the manga.

ok, thx. i also heard black clover is gonna continue up 2 episode 100, is that also tru?
Dec 30, 2018 2:14 PM

Jun 2016
darkfearie said:
theultimate341 said:

ok, thx. i also heard black clover is gonna continue up 2 episode 100, is that also tru?

np, dont know if its official or not but Its said to go up to 150 episodes
Dec 30, 2018 2:44 PM
Nov 2017
theultimate341 said:
darkfearie said:

np, dont know if its official or not but Its said to go up to 150 episodes

wow now that is nuts. thx
Dec 30, 2018 5:15 PM
Apr 2015
I mean, both shows are very genric, but My Hero is a better written genric show🤷🏿‍♂️
Jan 5, 2019 3:38 AM
May 2008
Why do people hate on Fun? If you don't like it, drop it, move on. Why do people feel the need to spread their Gallon of haterade on other people's fun?

"My god, how could you watch that? You're an ant beneath my boot. Like, OMG! Don't you know everyone hates that? Become one of us!"

You've got me all day, and +4 times Saturday, and Sunday. Because I almost will watch anything, and give it an honest good try. I've never rated anything I haven't seen the end of. Never will.
Jan 5, 2019 4:29 AM

Aug 2015
It's alright now.
I use to hate this thing but after watching the Seabed Temple/ Witch Forest arc as well reading the manga I started to kinda enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of the series but least it's climbed out from the anime rabbit hole now.
My Hero Academia lost me after the All For One vs One For All fight as the series started to become the second coming of post Soul Society Arc of Bleach.
Jan 8, 2019 6:55 AM

Sep 2018
one of the most overhyped shounen pre release and then one of the worst i watched all episodes because after the underwater arc it got better bit by bit now its actually funny sometimes,the fights are atually good, but i still dislike most the cast because no real Charcter and just saying the same 2 phares every 5 minutes for example Gauche and his "ohh i want my Maria" or Asta with just rndm doing situps everywhere and being to dumb and annoying
Jan 9, 2019 9:32 PM
Apr 2018
Striker-3649 said:
necro_dancer said:

its an easy read, i don't think u will regret knowing more about BC :D
i will waste my time on other topics rather than knowing more about an anime i left ages ago and have no plans to pick up again
why did you even come here if you have no plans of picking it up? 😂 doesn't make any sense. you should have stayed away from this post to begin with.
Jan 9, 2019 9:36 PM
Apr 2018
necro_dancer said:
DISCLAIMER: i don't hate my hero academia but i think its overhyped

and another thing: i will use bleach as my main example. it was my first shounen, i love it, its probably the most hype battle shounen out there, it has crazy amount of wasted potential and lastly, BC is probably closest to bleach

i know a lot of people think its trash but its really not, i had problem with pacing so i waited for episodes to pile up. i started watching again yesterday (starting episode 17) and i actually can't stop now. i will go over the reasons of why i think BC is really good, better than My hero academia and could easily stand with Big 3 if it was airing with them

1) yuno is an amazing rival. for the first time, the 2 (asta and yuno) clearly show they like each other, i can feel that they are friends. its not like my hero academia where the show is trying to make me like a bully (and none of the people seem to give a fuck about bakugo's anger issue-the whole relationship is abusive af)

2) its self aware. the shows knows about the cliche and stuff but the execution is usually not cliche... this is hard to explain, its like i know what trope is gonna be used next but i STILL get excited for it. and honestly, MHA is much more cliche than this (which is my next point)

3) fights are great and all of them are higher than average standard. battles in MHA are boring af, why? because the powers are boring

im a glass canon that can use infinite ice and fire

i have explosions that don't burn people

i punch! really really really HARD... ULTRA FUCKIN HARD! and when im pushed to my limit... i just PUNCH EVEN HARDER!

seriously? i know that flame magic isn't very "creative" either but at least they make it LOOK COOL... and thats what this is all about

back when goku went super saiyan, nothing special technically happened, he just got a lot stronger but the EXECUTION made it one of the most memorable anime moments in history! the hair color change, the sharp aura around him... it was a magical moment

something as simple as putting a hawk's background on the person can make an attack more interesting (as seen in sport anime). black clover is very "free" when it comes to this powers, i fuckin love it

4) the scale. BC is doing great stuff. the progression has been at a good rate so far (especially for noelle) and no one is getting super strong yet. bleach made a mistake early on, ichigo got a draw AGAINST FREAKIN KENPACHI. i really love bleach but that was a mistake (IMO). speaking of bleach:

5) black clover takes the"CAPTAIN/SQUAD" format of bleach and actually does stuff with it. this is simply because the main characters are part of them. this is what would happen if ichigo joined kenpachi and im loving it. there is a lot more focus on members of group too, because of that we can see their interactions:

6) characters don't have much to offer on their own...their interactions however... its amazing. it makes the world more alive

imagine for a second, kenpachi and byakuya! look at this youtube clip (just 30 seconds): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORUgiySAUZM

this was thrown away as just a small comedy part for the end of episodes. these characters technically see each other EVERY FUCKIN DAY and we get bare minimum interaction in this 300+ episode... and they are captains too, important characters and not just squad members

here is another one from bleach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o18fx2R8gts

old man yama was not used enough, asta and yuno meet wizard king so early and its really good, he is being used as a character

i know that bleach couldn't do this stuff too much and that it would ruin some things but there is till some wasted potential here and i think most fans will agree (i remember moments where orihime was in soul society as a guest, it was interesting to see this highschool kid there)

**there are many more things i wanted to say but i can't remember so i will end it 2 smaller things**

BC has a Battle Royal arc later on but the characters are introduced earlier so u actually know a bit about them before the tournament arc and this is great IMO, i will now feel attachment to characters. this was the problem with the newest exam arc with MHA, such a boring arc

ultimately... BC is the shounen that is hype as fuck... it genuinely puts a smile on my face and i wish more people gave it a chance and didn't dismiss it so easily, its special in its own way :D

i hope i haven't offended any fan of other shows, im a fan of those shows myself and these are just opinions, just check my list, i have given 10 to bleach and 9 to MHA, i really love them
it's not like over hyped, but it's more like the animation quality is so good that it is so dear to most of the people. if bc came in the form of seasons, it would have the same amount of craze.
Jan 24, 2019 12:17 AM

Sep 2018
Why the hate? I'm planning to watch it because I always heard about this.. should I watch?
Jan 24, 2019 4:13 AM

Oct 2017
I reached the 36th episode and damn I agree it's wonderful, I didn't read the OP because I don't want to get spoiled but I wanted to say so, it's really intense and reminds me so much of Naruto when it began!

It's just THAT good!
Jan 25, 2019 1:45 AM

Jul 2016
YamEnele said:
Why the hate? I'm planning to watch it because I always heard about this.. should I watch?

watch it, dont judge it early cause its not good until episode 18 or so

the creator said he wants it to be long like naruto and one piece so getting through 18 episodes shouldn't matter
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2019 1:52 AM

Sep 2018
Syaoran--Li said:
I reached the 36th episode and damn I agree it's wonderful, I didn't read the OP because I don't want to get spoiled but I wanted to say so, it's really intense and reminds me so much of Naruto when it began!

It's just THAT good!

But why the rating is only 6.9? Just curious.
Jan 25, 2019 1:54 AM

Sep 2018
@necro_dancer

I haven't watch One piece and was not able to finished Naruto. But I will try this.
Jan 25, 2019 4:16 AM

Oct 2017
YamEnele said:
Syaoran--Li said:

It's just THAT good!

But why the rating is only 6.9? Just curious.

Some people couldn't bear the voice of the main character and others saw 2-3 episodes and started to think it was a naruto rip-off.

If you give it a chance you quickly realize the hero becomes more bearable, more calm and the series increasingly develops its own identity, but many people only scratch the surface and give up very fast.
Those who went on pretty much love it now.
Jan 25, 2019 4:25 PM

Sep 2018
@Syaoran--Li
I think I will enjoy this.. hahah I'm not yet watch One Piece and Naruto so I will not compare it :D Thanks!
Jan 25, 2019 11:04 PM

Oct 2017
YamEnele said:
@Syaoran--Li
I think I will enjoy this.. hahah I'm not yet watch One Piece and Naruto so I will not compare it :D Thanks!

You're welcome :)

If you didn't see naruto and OP then you'll be even more impressed then so it's all good :)
Have fun ;)
Feb 3, 2019 10:27 PM
Feb 2019
I dont see why do many people either have bad opinions about this anime or just seem edgy about it, like its supposed to be cool to hate such a whole hearted, good guy character like Asta. This is one of my favorite animes ive jumped into. Over bleach and Naruto, i think theres more development from each character individually and they only touch on the very basics of other characters that affect the main story, the comedy factor is great, not to much not to little. When things get serious they get pretty heated, theres a good bit of emotion in the anime, whatever fillers weve ran into so far havent been the least bit bad and are entertaining. for a shonen i think this is fantastic i just binged all the way to 68 in 3 or 4 days!? Im actually upset i cant watch anymore, now im going to have to let it build back up and catch up on boruto which is so meh, for the time being i might go back and hit some old schools up
Jun 6, 2019 8:13 PM
Mar 2018
Gintama>HxH>FMAB>FT>OP>Naruto>MHA>SDS>YYH>Bleach>BC

BC is the worst
Jun 7, 2019 12:30 AM

Feb 2013
EMP-511 said:

BC is the worst
Don't bump old topics to shitpost
Jun 7, 2019 1:25 AM
Mar 2018
Evildoer said:
EMP-511 said:

BC is the worst

Just because you don't like my opinion, doesn't make my post a shitpost.
Jun 7, 2019 1:29 AM

Feb 2013
EMP-511 said:
Evildoer said:

You bumping a 4 month old topic to say BC is the worst and putting anything beneath Naruto, FT or MHA makes it a shitpost. Not to mention that straight up YYH disrespect. I can't. You're banned from having opinions.
Jun 7, 2019 1:35 AM
Mar 2018
Evildoer said:
EMP-511 said:

You bumping a 4 month old topic to say BC is the worst and putting anything beneath Naruto, FT or MHA makes it a shitpost. Not to mention that straight up YYH disrespect. I can't. You're banned from having opinions.

I'm a free man. I have my right to express my opinion. And I'm not forcing it on anyone
Jun 7, 2019 1:39 AM

Feb 2013
EMP-511 said:
Evildoer said:

I'm a free man. I have my right to express my opinion. And I'm not forcing it on anyone
You also have the right to fart in a crowded elevator, but that doesn't mean you won't get looks of disgust.
Jun 7, 2019 1:44 AM
Mar 2018
Evildoer said:
EMP-511 said:

You also have the right to fart in a crowded elevator, but that doesn't mean you won't get looks of disgust.

listen,buddy, i'm not here to offend anyone, i just shared my opinion. if you don't know how to respect other's opinions, then i'm afraid social media is not for you
Jun 7, 2019 1:48 AM

Feb 2013
EMP-511 said:
Evildoer said:

listen,buddy, i'm not here to offend anyone, i just shared my opinion. if you don't know how to respect other's opinions, then i'm afraid social media is not for you
I'm also sharing my opinion. I'd appreciate due respect as well, bub.
Jun 7, 2019 11:04 AM

Jul 2016
Evildoer said:
EMP-511 said:

I'm also sharing my opinion. I'd appreciate due respect as well, bub.

i get notification after all this time and its something like this

my only intention in making this post was to get more people to try black clover cause they show got too much hate. i don't understand why u two argue like this, don't be so mean to each other lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2019 4:57 AM

Jan 2018
Couldn't careless what other people says, Black Clover isn't even bad like what they're saying. Most of them are just riding the hate bandwagon cuz they think it makes them cool. Black Clover is a good anime yes it cliche but they embraced it. It doesn't try too hard to be something unique and living up to most shounen we've grown too in which I will always appreciate. It will always be welcomed to me.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Today, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.