Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2018 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
Takata-san mr cute tsundere
Oct 16, 2018 6:10 AM

Oct 2008
for sure hardcore fujoshi's would swarm this episode!

Oct 17, 2018 9:19 AM

Oct 2015
FuMomo-kun said:
I will start by saying something I thought was good. When the manager got in the car, we see the tyres compress under his weight. That was a nice attention to detail.
That's it. That was the only good part.

I am really annoyed by the way they are all moving around and even drinking coffee in their drama's costume. Isn't there a rule against that??

It doesn't matter if the other person likes it. If he says no, you stop. Otherwise, it can count as rape. Both of these characters have become rapists, and it's just the second episode.

DON'T WASTE HONEY!!! Do you know how hard it is to produce honey? I don't, but I heard it's very hard!!

Do girls seriously like this kind of stuff? Isn't a healthy relation much more cute and sexy? Like in Doukyuusei, Shimanami Tasogare, Koimonogatari, and No. 6. I seriously can't think of more. There really aren't a lot of mangas with healthy relationships, are there?

It's a little odd that you're unaware of questionable BL tropes and fetishes considering it says you're a fudanshi in your bio. Trust me, healthy loving relationships aren't the norm in BL unfortunately.
Oct 17, 2018 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
ahaha, junta is still annoying af

they ruined the coughing part, oof
Oct 17, 2018 2:02 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I don't care how rich you are, honey getting on your expensive rug is a bitch to clean later.

Dialogue was laugh worthy again, I kept just going "No stop." despite knowing what was happening. I skimmed the manga and have a pretty good idea where this'll end if its smart.

HoneyRice said:

Sometimes wishing for mangas to be released as anime isn't a good thing, especially when all they do is screw up the whole plot.

You sound as if there was really a whole plot line/thread they truly screwed over. Stuff is out of order but all they did was fuck in the manga. It wasn't compelling.

jenzbadaa said:
People say that it's bad because of rape. But then they watch shonen or other anime where they kill or beat up people and everythings fine. :D it's fantasy! Not reality.

Look I'm never gonna say not to like what you don't like. It's fine. But the reason people get tediously upset especially with the BL and even the GL work having core relationships founded upon sexual assault is because they're seen as either highlights of their genre and get really popular ie. Citrus, Junjou Romantica, Netsuzou Trap, Love Stage etc.

It gets pretty annoying when most gay relationships covered are represented like that.
Oct 18, 2018 9:44 AM
Nov 2016
This is why I kinda find the yaoi genre very distasteful. I'm female, but if this is what yaoi fans enjoy, then I'm totally not for it.
And apparently in this anime, consent doesn't exist! THIS IS TECHNICALLY RAPE AND WE'RE SUPPOSED TO FIND IT CUTE. Everyone's taking hits on Goblin Slayer for that one scene, but the thing is Goblin Slayer knows what it's doing. It's not depicting that shit as 'cute'. It's depicting it as a bad thing, but this anime wants to bait all the yaoi fans, wanting them to think this kind of stuff is cute.
And to think that the same studio working on this is doing Bunny-Girl Senpai this season, which so far has been one of the best romantic comedy anime I've seen in a while, is very disappointing.

I would drop it but...I'm intrigued make a review on this just from how distasteful this anime is, so my suffering shall continue. I pray to god that the main 'couple' in this anime look up the meaning of consent.
Oct 18, 2018 4:27 PM
Oct 2018
I'm actually really surprised that so many people have a problem with the whole rape fantasy aspect of yaoi. I understand it's a cliche in yaoi and that can be annoying, but some people genuinely are just entertained by that type of fantasy and there's nothing wrong with that. I think people need to acknowledged that at the end of the day it's literally just a fantasy, something taking place in a fictional setting, it doesn't mean that these people condone rape or don't think that rape is morally wrong. That said I do think it is rather annoying how often this trope pops up in yaoi, so seeing it in this anime is kinda disappointing because it doesn't feel needed and very much feels like poor writing. The whole rape fantasy aspect doesn't bother me but it's very strange how trivialized rape is in yaoi. It's so often treated like it isn't a big deal, and quite often the seme usually rapes the uke and it makes their character less likeable and I kinda feel that way about this anime. Overall rape being trivialized is also present in hentai and in shounen sexual assault is constantly used as comedy so it feels very disingenuous to pretend like it's just a problem in yaoi. But anyway, this episode was just ok in my opinion, it felt very ridiculous that the seme didn't just tell the uke he was sick, but I do like that the episode was more about showing how much the uke does want a relationship with seme, he's basically just a tsundere. It's also important to note that in the anime the seme never actually raped the uke even though he tried. In the end all he did was steal his first kiss. The first time they have sex he actually ask him if he could. This is something the writers intentionally changed since in the manga he did rape the uke. It at least shows they understand that the whole rape aspect in the manga really took away from the whole story.
SashakawaiicatOct 22, 2018 3:00 AM
Oct 18, 2018 4:48 PM
Oct 2018
calamariqueen said:
This is why I kinda find the yaoi genre very distasteful. I'm female, but if this is what yaoi fans enjoy, then I'm totally not for it.
And apparently in this anime, consent doesn't exist! THIS IS TECHNICALLY RAPE AND WE'RE SUPPOSED TO FIND IT CUTE. Everyone's taking hits on Goblin Slayer for that one scene, but the thing is Goblin Slayer knows what it's doing. It's not depicting that shit as 'cute'. It's depicting it as a bad thing, but this anime wants to bait all the yaoi fans, wanting them to think this kind of stuff is cute.
And to think that the same studio working on this is doing Bunny-Girl Senpai this season, which so far has been one of the best romantic comedy anime I've seen in a while, is very disappointing.

I would drop it but...I'm intrigued make a review on this just from how distasteful this anime is, so my suffering shall continue. I pray to god that the main 'couple' in this anime look up the meaning of consent.

Firstly, not all yaoi fans enjoy rape fanatasy, though it is a common trope found in yaoi not all yaoi anime or mangas use this trope. Secondly litterally no one is claiming that anyone should find the rape in this anime "cute" for instance I didn't find it cute or romantic but that doesnt mean there aren't aspects of their relationship that is infact cute. Litterally no one is forcing any yaoi fan to think that rape is cute. One of the biggest insult to people who criticize yaoi fans is that they honestly believe that they are unable to recognize when something is morally wrong.some people have rape fantasies and do get turned on by these themes being present in yaoi, however this doesn't mean that outside of fictional media and fantasies that these people condone rape, find rape to be cute or romantic, and wouldn't be disgusted by someone actually being raped In real life. Some yaoi depict a very unrealistic view of male romantic relationships in general however some are actually more realistic particular anime that are shounenai since shounenai usually depicts a more romantic relationship while yaoi depicts a more sexual one. But lately people tend to conflate the two since shounenai is BL as well. Again this anime clearly takes a more unrealistic aproach to a gay relationship, anyone who is more familiar with yaoi will know that certain themes aren't going to be treated seriously or in a realistic manner in this. I feel like alot of new yaoi fans watch Yuri on ice and just developed an idea of what yaoi animes are like without being familiar with the genre. Just know this alot of yaoi are alot like hentai (which also trivializes rape btw) and alot of shounenai is like shounen ie more romantic. The problem these days is that people conflate the two. For instance the manga for this anime is under the yaoi genre meanwhile the anime is listed as shounenai.
Oct 20, 2018 2:41 AM

Jul 2013
I rarely post comments but seriously, you people who are straight up dissing this anime, ever looked at yourself in the mirror and asked WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN WATCHING THIS? Did it even cross your mind that the producers of this anime produced it FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT IT? I will never get my head around the fact that you people watch a whole damn episode then come in here and diss the crap out of it. FFS if you don’t like it then DON’T WATCH IT. Because guess what? There are folks who actually prefer and are entertained by this series. We’ve been fans of the source material and getting an anime adaption for it is the icing on top of the fucking cake.

Sashakawaiicat said:
It's also important to note that in the anime the seme never actually raped the uke even though he tried. In the end all he did was steal his first kiss. The first time they have sex he as actually ask him if he could. This is something the writers intentionally changed since in the manga he did rape the uke. It at least show they understand that the whole rape aspect in the manga really took away from the whole story.

THIS. Thank you, dear sir. I came in here hoping to find agreeable comments. Should’ve known better.
Oct 20, 2018 4:53 AM

Oct 2013
I'm more into cute stuff like Love Stage (*well at least the anime *COUGH*). Series who promote abusives relationships are garbage.
TitadouOct 20, 2018 5:07 AM
Oct 20, 2018 12:28 PM
Nov 2016
Sashakawaiicat said:
calamariqueen said:

Firstly, not all yaoi fans enjoy rape fanatasy, though it is a common trope found in yaoi not all yaoi anime or mangas use this trope. Secondly litterally no one is claiming that anyone should find the rape in this anime "cute" for instance I didn't find it cute or romantic but that doesnt mean there aren't aspects of their relationship that is infact cute. Litterally no one is forcing any yaoi fan to think that rape is cute. One of the biggest insult to people who criticize yaoi fans is that they honestly believe that they are unable to recognize when something is morally wrong.some people have rape fantasies and do get turned on by these themes being present in yaoi, however this doesn't mean that outside of fictional media and fantasies that these people condone rape, find rape to be cute or romantic, and wouldn't be disgusted by someone actually being raped In real life. Some yaoi depict a very unrealistic view of male romantic relationships in general however some are actually more realistic particular anime that are shounenai since shounenai usually depicts a more romantic relationship while yaoi depicts a more sexual one. But lately people tend to conflate the two since shounenai is BL as well. Again this anime clearly takes a more unrealistic aproach to a gay relationship, anyone who is more familiar with yaoi will know that certain themes aren't going to be treated seriously or in a realistic manner in this. I feel like alot of new yaoi fans watch Yuri on ice and just developed an idea of what yaoi animes are like without being familiar with the genre. Just know this alot of yaoi are alot like hentai (which also trivializes rape btw) and alot of shounenai is like shounen ie more romantic. The problem these days is that people conflate the two. For instance the manga for this anime is under the yaoi genre meanwhile the anime is listed as shounenai.

I see what you mean. I also saw your post above, and I do agree on some of the pints that you made. I came out as a bit harsh in that post, and looking at other posts, I can see that what I said was in a way, pretty invalid in some parts. And I agree upon the fact that this should, if not have a Yaoi tag instead. It's much more befitting for the show to be honest. The post was more of a rant than anything, and I still believe that the way they handle the romance in this anime is in fact not very well done. Looking back and rewatching, there are aspects of the romance itself AND the show itself that are pretty well done (hence I did bump up the score a bit). I still have my stance on some of the points I made but looking back it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be.
Oct 20, 2018 1:25 PM
May 2009
sabrina__ said:
good grief. people who are calling this 'cute' or 'hot' are honestly gonna make me sick. the whole rape fantasy thing/non con in bl is really disgusting and tiresome.

whole episode made me cringe tbh. i hate how junta essentially raped takato in ep 1, and now in ep 2 takato is upset because junta won't pay attention to him, so he forces himself onto junta. what??? i've read and watched enough bl to know that this is basically the norm in those types of stories but it will never fail to disgust me.

hmm,,,, but i guess healthy relationships in bl are overrated ,,,, i mean, why write a nice story about a natural developing relationship between two males when you can just have a horny male rapist force himself onto another man who is obviously very against the whole thing, and then just uncomfortably force the 2 together into a 'relationship'

True. On top of that, the visuals were terrible in the second episode.
Oct 20, 2018 4:21 PM
May 2007
Yanachii said:
I rarely post comments but seriously, you people who are straight up dissing this anime, ever looked at yourself in the mirror and asked WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN WATCHING THIS? Did it even cross your mind that the producers of this anime produced it FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT IT? I will never get my head around the fact that you people watch a whole damn episode then come in here and diss the crap out of it. FFS if you don’t like it then DON’T WATCH IT. Because guess what? There are folks who actually prefer and are entertained by this series. We’ve been fans of the source material and getting an anime adaption for it is the icing on top of the fucking cake.

Sashakawaiicat said:
It's also important to note that in the anime the seme never actually raped the uke even though he tried. In the end all he did was steal his first kiss. The first time they have sex he as actually ask him if he could. This is something the writers intentionally changed since in the manga he did rape the uke. It at least show they understand that the whole rape aspect in the manga really took away from the whole story.

THIS. Thank you, dear sir. I came in here hoping to find agreeable comments. Should’ve known better.

This is how I feel exactly reading the comments every week. The same people are making fun of all the hard work of anime staff with mangaka who is supervising the anime story. Everyone just keeps pretending the rape happened like they never saw how it was clearly changed for the anime. It's rape and rape everywhere.
Oct 21, 2018 12:28 PM

Jun 2007
laughed my ass off at this one, especially the honey scene.... i think i'm gonna drop, feels ridiculous to watch lmao!
see you, space cowperson . . .
Oct 22, 2018 3:10 AM
Oct 2018
Yanachii said:

Sashakawaiicat said:

I agree. It very much feels like the people who are commenting on this anime aren't really a fan of it in the first place. I mean its OK to discuss and criticize things, but most of the comments are just people expressing their hatred for the show for some reason. The anime dose have problems but I think people are coming into it expecting something very different from what it is. I mean the anime is filled with a lot of popular yaoi tropes that can put off some people but for me it just seems normal.
Oct 22, 2018 6:21 PM
Oct 2018
I’m kind of sick of hearing people complain about unhealthy relationships in BL and anime in general. If it offends you so much why are you still watching/reading it in the first place? It’s become quite obvious that any BL will have this theme included, that’s what makes them sell better. Healthy relationships don’t sell mangas. Just like an action manga that has no tense moments or drama of fighting in it wouldn’t sell. I never see anyone complain about the unhealthy relationship that luffy has with food...

Whatever...

This anime is complete trash, but I like trash. I wouldn’t even bother watching any BL if it was centred around a perfectly healthy relationship. What would be the point???
Oct 23, 2018 3:55 PM

Jan 2017
Doffy_s_bitch said:
It’s become quite obvious that any BL will have this theme included, that’s what makes them sell better.

Not quite, there are some BL manga that doesn't promote this sick fetish. Thankfully some people are still sane to write healthy gay relationships.
Oct 23, 2018 6:33 PM
May 2007
Sashakawaiicat said:
Yanachii said:

I agree. It very much feels like the people who are commenting on this anime aren't really a fan of it in the first place. I mean its OK to discuss and criticize things, but most of the comments are just people expressing their hatred for the show for some reason. The anime dose have problems but I think people are coming into it expecting something very different from what it is. I mean the anime is filled with a lot of popular yaoi tropes that can put off some people but for me it just seems normal.

Are they even fans of the genre at all? I'm asking myself all the time reading their comments. I also find all those tropes normal to me maybe because I'm an old BL fan? I like all types of BL stories even those by Chitose Piyoko or Sakira that are full of perverted tropes a lot of younger readers can't seem to like. I think if 10count is the next TV series that anime will get the same treatment here because "unhealthy relationship" and "rape".
Oct 24, 2018 6:03 AM
Oct 2018
I think its a really good anime although there style just made me wish Maku X Haru was Canon in Free lol
Oct 29, 2018 8:35 AM

Jul 2012
that.. was actually pretty cute o_o

Honey scene was MMMMMMM GOOD

Chunta xD

Treble_Heart said:
I think its a really good anime although there style just made me wish Maku X Haru was Canon in Free lol
honestly so true lol. but they're like practically married tbh
Jan 1, 2019 3:06 PM

Mar 2014
not gonna lie as an anime-only watcher I fucking hated the first episode for obvious reasons-- but this one was pretty funny. Junta truly looks like Makoto Tachibana lmao
Sep 7, 2019 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
Bruh, he was avoiding Takato because he had a cold?! why didn't he just say so in the first place!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2020 8:52 PM
Dec 2020
I really loves this episode... and i know it gets better and better thought the art style gets a bit off but really liked it....chunta is so harrassing but he is also very protective
Feb 14, 2021 12:29 PM
Feb 2021
Chas-e17 said:

Sashakawaiicat said:

I totally agree. This anime is supposed to be unrealistic and quite light, I'm not sure why people are bothered so much to write essays here. I actually enjoy mc relationship a lot,it's moving fast but that's how things sometimes happen irl too ^^ I don't see any rape here, more like Junta's overflowing passion that sometimes "consumes" Takato :)

Some of you should get a life instead of being frustrated here in the comment section ^^
Mar 26, 2021 4:25 PM
Aug 2020
what I like the most about this anime is the ED song and their dance :D
Aug 4, 2021 1:03 PM

Jan 2021
I have so many mixed feelings about this episode.
But anyways this episode was pretty ok.
I like the ED and their dances.
Jul 23, 2022 8:25 AM

May 2014
Hahahahahahaha "chunta"!

Omg, this is the first time that I really swooned over watching yaoi *___*

This is sooo cute, I love it so much!
violityJul 23, 2022 8:29 AM
May 4, 2023 8:34 PM
May 2023
savbabavabdabdAAA HES SO CUUTEE

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 13 Discussion

Craneface - Dec 28, 2018

26 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 23, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 10 Discussion

Fayrin - Dec 7, 2018

16 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 23, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 8 Discussion

dany_elle1908 - Nov 23, 2018

16 by richard-tann »»
Feb 23, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VirtueHunter - Oct 5, 2018

117 by Probably_Panda »»
Feb 3, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Episode 7 Discussion

dany_elle1908 - Nov 16, 2018

30 by abracadabra_yooo »»
Jan 23, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.