Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 12, 2018 10:48 AM
I haven't watched it yet since I'm waiting for it to finish airing. I don't like waiting week after week for shows. The synopsis and the preview look absolutely amazing!
FUCK THE CHARACTER COUNT CHECK!

Oct 12, 2018 11:31 AM
It's amazing! Really unexpected and super funny!

Oct 12, 2018 11:34 AM

Baring sequel animes, the anime I been liked the most this season. Funny, the twist of the first episode was unexpected, the characters are likeable and the visuals are solid. I never looked forward an idol anime week by week in my life And I haven't even watched any other idol anime.

Also Mamoru Miyano is a blessing.

Oct 12, 2018 11:52 AM
Okay, when it started with Truck-sama under a minute, I was really impressed, I cannot deny it.

It's 2 episodes in so far, it might be too early to make a commentary, but, the only thing that bothers me in these two episodes were the formula.

So far, these 2 episodes are based on:

- find a subculture and use it as theme
- use stage as the prefinal scene
- use an absurd reason for performers to enjoy audience

I especially have a problem with the third point. It literally means that "anything goes in the stage", to the level that it doesn't matter whether the subcultural theme of the episode is used or not.

And this formula, in the beginning, can please the audience, us. However, I think it will quickly come to the point where I will think "I basically watch the same events happen again and again.".

The good point about the anime is, actually, I don't even know if this is a good point, the boss has the same voice actor as the protagonist of Steins;Gate. It feels weird when the boss absurdly shouts, it is the "Hououin Kyouma" that we know and love all over again.

All in all, it has it moments. Yes, we laugh and enjoy. But I think we will be bored in no time.

Oct 12, 2018 12:05 PM

The first two episodes have been hilarious, if it keeps the level I'm going to freaking love this so much.

Oct 12, 2018 12:21 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

So far its AOTS, easily.

Oct 13, 2018 5:05 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

This show is getting better after each episode. I really like this series.

Oct 13, 2018 5:53 AM

If MAPPA doesn't screw up, it has potential to be AOTS.

Oct 13, 2018 6:02 AM

the anime it self is very unique... not slow and not to fast... but the cringe is what make this anime really original...

Oct 13, 2018 6:04 AM

Nefregar said:
If MAPPA doesn't screw up, it has potential to be AOTS.

nope... i highly doubt it will become AOTS... but there slightly change to get anime of the month...

Oct 13, 2018 6:07 AM

Its actually making me laugh out loud, and the rap was pretty fire

Oct 13, 2018 9:33 AM
I came here from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktLXXDkgSys

Made me feel really bad, but she's on the cover... might watch it.

Oct 13, 2018 9:35 AM

Really unique and super funny. If this quality keep up until last episode, this easily 9/10 for me.

Oct 13, 2018 10:52 AM
Shit, I was baited into thinking this was Walking Dead: the Anime, was ultra disappointed.

Oct 13, 2018 1:08 PM

well, this is an Idol anime, so as long as the song is good and their VA singing is good, it will be nice.

seeing the name AVEX Picures and Cygames so high on the teaser, unlike some of anime that just shows the studio really tells you that these two is really involved, well avex is really the big guns of Japanese music industry, and cygames also in IM@S, they’re probably going to brand this series with game, a lot of song, and a sequel maybe if this idol blowing up, you never know

i personally like it, and i hope there will be more genre to be shown, it’s fun

Oct 13, 2018 1:54 PM
The first idol anime, and probably my fav idol anime I've ever watched.

I love that this show embraces it's ridiculous premise and goes full ham. I laughed my guts out when the rappers were rapping at the girls MENACINGLY and they fast walked out of there. The rap battle was awesome. Plus the animation has a lot of squash which I love in anime, and lively reaction faces.

The most unexpected anime I've found this season, thought it'd suck, but I'm loving it so far. I hope they do different genres of music every episode and they already have so many running jokes, the metal duo being fans, the policeman always running into them, and Tae chan being typical zombie. I also love the MC, I like MC's that are normal on their own, but when the craziness gets too much, they show their power level and surpass the occasion in comedies (and damn she stacked).

Hope everyone gives it a shot and not just see it as another idol show.

Oct 14, 2018 4:50 PM

TheRifter17 said:
The rap battle was awesome. Plus the animation has a lot of squash which I love in anime, and lively reaction faces.

SAAAAME
I honestly wonder if people are too focused on the subtitles? Because this show is beautiful.
I could see this being a lower quality production and not enjoying it as much,
because the character designs, animation, directing, etc. are all on point and I love it.

+ It's an original and you can tell the people behind it love making it.

Oct 14, 2018 5:18 PM

The rest of the series could be complete garbage and the first two episodes alone would still make this AotS.
"Moe is just an aesthetic, so there's no reason to like it!" *dislikes it because of the aesthetic*

"Okay..."

Oct 14, 2018 5:28 PM
Master Expander

There's no contest. It already won AOTS.

Seriously speaking though: it's crazy hilarious. What I am afraid of though is it dying down little by little as the series progresses. I don't know how long it will be able to keep its momentum. But if it does, guaranteed AOTS.

Oct 14, 2018 5:32 PM

The only disappointment (so far) is the opening is not the death metal one used in the first episode.

Edit: If someone could find the song title and/or singer, that would be fantastic.

Oct 20, 2018 9:04 AM

It's cringe worth but hillarious AF as you rewatch

Also, Junko is Yukine Chris from Symphogear

Oct 20, 2018 9:23 AM
It's a combination of anime I would and wouldn't watch. I love comedy and zombie anime but I've never seen an idol anime (and didn't plan to either). I really like it though. It's hilarious and just love the performances. Plus, Tatsumi's so dramatic and loud. I can't help but love him.

Oct 20, 2018 9:33 AM
Still enjoying it. Honestly.

Oct 24, 2018 2:49 PM

Not into the genre at all, so the further it stays from it by the comedy that comes from trying to be idols while being zombies showed by the 1st two eps, the better.

However, come 3rd ep and I hope it was a fluke since that ep was way closer to typical idol-shows than the previous two, dropping a good portion of it's comedy. If that's the direction we're heading, the direction of an idol anime where the inexperienced girls manage to make an idol group with the veterans and the zombie thing just fading into the background show major BAIT.

Tarotist said:
There's no contest. It already won AOTS.

Seriously speaking though: it's crazy hilarious. What I am afraid of though is it dying down little by little as the series progresses. I don't know how long it will be able to keep its momentum. But if it does, guaranteed AOTS.

As of ep 3, it did loose quite a bit of momentum already tbh. Not cool if it's all downhill from there and we just get another variation of an idol anime that despite it's differences(zombies in this case) still manages to be very much like an idol anime.
Modified by ManlyTear, Oct 24, 2018 2:54 PM

Oct 30, 2018 1:33 PM
HOLY SHIT MAMORU MIYANO IS A BLESSING HIS VOICE IS 👌👌👌