Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 12, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Hitomi's world can become colorful again...

To me, I think she isn't too comfortable with using magic. We'll have to see how much her skills develop over the course of the season. She still seems like a reserved girl because of these circumstances about her.

Getting into a school may open up more sociable possiblities for her. I still wonder how her magic skills will tie in with the plot overall. Visually, this show still maintains good quality so I hope P.A. Works keeps that up.
Stark700Oct 12, 2018 10:53 AM
Oct 12, 2018 11:09 AM

Apr 2016
It looks like this show will keep its visual quality to the end.

Granny seems like a real troublemaker lol, and the fact that she send her granddaughter into the past only adds to it.

PS: I really want to see if Kohaku x Shou is a thing here.
Oct 12, 2018 11:11 AM

Jul 2017
Another chill and very nice episode. Great visuals like last week too. Loved the star magic.
Oct 12, 2018 11:15 AM

Dec 2012
Magic Level
Oct 12, 2018 11:26 AM

Apr 2010
Well it looked good ones again and i have to say that i really like the story so for.
The main is a bit shy tho but i guess she was sent back the develop some character besides magic.
I hope they will keep this up.
Oct 12, 2018 11:37 AM

Dec 2015
Well, This Episode is Really Good Like From the 1st One, So Far I Like The Story And on My Top List For This Season
I'll be Looking Forward to This Anime
This Episode Has A Great Visuals And Mixed Emotions I Hope She Develop Her Magic Skills
Oct 12, 2018 11:51 AM
May 2016
A great episode with such nice visuals, good bgm and pace. Hitomi is a very likable character! So far loving it. Please be this good till the end... 😘
Oct 12, 2018 11:55 AM

Dec 2017
it's still confusing to me how can you combine such beautiful visuals of backgrounds with such weak and generic character designs and quality...

like, first they show you this amazingly realistic static picture

and then the next frame they hit you with the most generic looking face with almost no shading

Oct 12, 2018 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
the visuals are good..but still wondering where this is all going
Oct 12, 2018 12:24 PM

Dec 2016
I have a feeling that this anime is going to capture my heart <3 The visuals are wonderful and there is already a relationship that is under construction between the main girl Hitomi with Yuito. Lovely episode! Very simple and I am already in love with this ^-^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 12, 2018 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
idk but am i the only one to get bored? i mean 2 episodes but there is nothing on point but the animation.
Oct 12, 2018 12:39 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode! The visuals are stunning and the op/ed are beautiful too. Seems like hitomi and shou really have chemestry together, im loving every interacting they have so far :)
My only worry is the possibility there is of shou being her grandfather and married to kohaku in the future, if thats the case then its going to be so weird oh god..
I'm still wondering on the reason that made her grandma send her to the past, perhaps for her to like magic? Or maybe for her to see boy's painting since kohaku is a mage too and may have been able to see colors with it too..but thats just if all mages dont see colors, which i think wasnt clearly explained yet (?)
Oct 12, 2018 12:46 PM

Jun 2017
Good Good
Show don't tell, continue with the visual storytelling
The landscapes and pretty images are not just for show
Hitomi steps into the shadows when she doesn't know what to do(At home, when she walks at school), but when she actually wants to do something she steps into the blazing sun and, by seeing Yuito's drawings, she sees colours.
What impresses me is how relaxing both the tone and the music are:The tone is well-layered and the music blends a bit of sadness with a bit of amusement and wonder

I do not agree on the character designs:Yuito looks boring but everyone else has a good look

2 personal fears
1.I hope the show doesn't dwell on its own beauty:Visual storytelling is Nothing without substance
2.Start developing the characters, you have 13 episodes, you have time
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Oct 12, 2018 12:54 PM

Dec 2016
I really can't get over how good this show is!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 12, 2018 1:02 PM
Apr 2016
Ah, of course. How do you tell apart a second rate adolescent drama series, attempting to play with your feelings under a unique prete... context?
YOU HEAR YANAGI NAGI. Always. Everything else of sorts is third rate. She does not perform for the first rate either. Here. Now you know.
Re:formed
Oct 12, 2018 1:14 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That last scene has me wondering if there's gonna be any love triangles....Hmmmmm

Visually this episode was stunning yet again and the soundtrack continues to set the mood well so I hope PA Works can manage to keep this up for entire series because it truly is a pleasure to have

As for everything else, I'm already starting to find the two leads to be cute together after that last scene that they had together lol and so far I'm growing more accustomed to the other kids in their group too

I'm curious to find out why Kohaku sucks at magic even though her grandmother (Who looks very attractive in her youth btw lol I can't wait to meet her) said that she's supposed to be very powerful

Good chill episode overall, will be looking forward to seeing more
Oct 12, 2018 1:18 PM

Mar 2017
Visually stunning as ever. Both theme song 5/5.
Finally introduced to all characters. I'm wondering though, was she able to see colour in his picture the second time?
I smell love triangle ahead (recalling Nagi no Asukara and Glasslip).
Oct 12, 2018 1:48 PM
Mar 2017
Today's episode was very instructive, first, Hitomi and Shou meet and solve the problem with the stone that Hitomi lost and also clarifies why she left his room, also it is already clear why Hitomi was sent to the past, and That reason would be her personality, but I also believe that there is another hidden reason.
They also present us to the rest of the casting, who are part of the photography club, this tells me that this group and their club will be able to help Hitomi with her problem of not seeing the colors.
We also know a little more about Kohaku and the reputation she has, apparently is a bit extreme and destructive.
Finally we can see how Hitomi uses magic, but apparently this is not as flashy as expected, and apparently Hitomi has a great magic power, at least that gave me to understand the last scene of the episode, where Hitomi is alone using the same magic that she can´t do before, but now it works.
This episode felt quite passive, the art in this episode was just as good as in the first episode, the visuals of the Opening and Ending are very beautiful, the color stands out a lot. I hope that the next episode will develop how Hitomi continues her school life and if she manages to open up more to the photography club group.
Oct 12, 2018 2:14 PM

Feb 2016
S T U N N I N G

This shot was perfect, the ambience, the colors palette, everything.

This episode was a step up from the first one. I'm still off by the fact that her grandma sent her to the past like that, but, oh well, for the time being, I'm going to ignore it.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 12, 2018 2:32 PM

Feb 2014
That shot of Yuito and Hitomi on the school roof was just the perfect definition of the word 'stunning'. This, along with the rest of the episode, kept up the visual quality from the first episode, which gives me more hope that P.A. Works can maintain this excellent quality for the whole series. =)

Hitomi's magic is cute, but lacking, whereas her grandma in her youth has caused plenty of destruction and chaos that has left students in her class scared of her magic. She sounds more of a loose cannon than Akko from Little Witch Academia! XD

I do sense an oncoming love triangle, going by the conversations with Hitomi and the rest of the photography club, but It's a little too early for that though. Give it a few episodes and maybe there'll be a love triangle happening. As long as it's done well, then I don't mind. =P

The ED song sounded really nice, too. It's probably my favourite so far this season, so I'll look forward to listening to the full version in the future. Great episode overall. ^_^
Oct 12, 2018 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
Oh my, this animation is truly gorgeous, I love it!

Yuito was a bit harsh with Hitomi at first, but it was pretty understandable considering that she was a stranger who got into his room, and that people were talking about it. Also, Kohaku is coming back as soon as possible, and Hitomi is already getting along with the others of the main cast. But I truly wanted to know if she was able to see colors again when she saw the drawing for a second time, I bet she did, but it would be nice to know for sure.

And it seems that magic is a bigger deal in the past than it was in the future, I mean, a lot of people gathered around just to watch her, but then again we didn't really saw much of the future. But just like Yamabuki we saw the better, and prettier version of her star after she felt motivated about it. And it was also nice that Yuito apologized for asking her to use magic like that, I can't wait for more!
Oct 12, 2018 3:34 PM

Mar 2016
I can't call it bad and I can't call it good either. But at the end of this episode there is almost nothing here to make me want to continue. Love-triangle bullshit(it's going to happen), photography club, time-magic...maybe I'll come back to it after it airs. Oh yeah, and I though the OST was nice.
Oct 12, 2018 3:39 PM

May 2015
Loving both the OP and ED, with stunning visuals. The way they animated the ED really reminded me of how they animated the second ED in Nagi no Asukara.

As for the episode itself, another great one, enjoyed it a lot. It's kinda slow-paced, but not in such a way that it becomes really boring at all.

Oct 12, 2018 3:44 PM

Sep 2008
This episode fixed some of the problems I had with the show. The OST was better and the main girl wasn't as annoying. So I'd say this anime is turning out to be pretty good now.
Oct 12, 2018 3:46 PM

Jan 2016
Not as impressive as the first ep, but not bad either
Oct 12, 2018 3:50 PM

Mar 2016
I can't wait for the next episode!

It seems people in this world have an easier time believing in magic. That's good. I don't like people keeping magic a secret. Why would you even do that?

The boy doesn't like showing his drawings to people. I can relate to that!!

I feel like this anime will be emotional, in a beautiful kind of way.

The preview was nice, the way a black and white scene turned colourful. Yep, I really can't wait for the next episode!!
Oct 12, 2018 4:22 PM

Jun 2017
Is this going to be a tragedy? I mean love triangles (or love in general) and time travel are probably not going to mix well... The last scene was nice though, Hitomi said she only can do that one star and she pretty much topped it by a lot at the end with the sparkly waterfall like stuff.
Oct 12, 2018 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
Visuals are still breathtaking! I really like Hitomi as a character. Going to school for her is quite the boost to socialize with others people of her age in a time she's unfamiliar with.

Poor Hitomi, so much pressure with so many people surrounding you when you want to show Yuito magic. Couldn't have been easy for a shy girl like her.

Looks like she has a little motivation to use magic, eventhough she can't stand it.

Can't wait for more!
Oct 12, 2018 6:36 PM

Nov 2016
Watching one episode takes long when you lose yourself so much in the artwork and atmosphre. And both are so good.

Not just that, the soundtrack is also top, including opening and ending, which are fanatstic.

Regarding the content. The plot is progressing slow, but at an enjoyable pace. Still intrigued to find out how this will exactly play out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2018 6:43 PM

May 2018
Well, i think it's not her fault if finally she fall in love with someone from the past. I mean, her grandma even didn't told her any clue about what she must find by send her to the past.

Actually, I never like anime with slow pace like this before, but hell yeah that stunning graphic tho, can't be bored with that.
Oct 12, 2018 6:56 PM

Mar 2013
ngl this show is pretty comfy and i gotta say I'm quite ok with that
Oct 12, 2018 7:39 PM

Jun 2013

I'm loving the atmosphere of this anime. I hope to watch a romantic drama on the same level as Nagi in the Asukara. The pace is a bit slow, but enjoyable. I loved OP and ED.

Just a question ... the male protagonist's name is Yuito, right? Because here in MAL says his name is Shou. This is also the name of the club leader, so...
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Oct 12, 2018 8:33 PM

Nov 2017

I never see that school rooftop scene would be so beautiful.
Now Loading.....
Oct 12, 2018 8:45 PM

Apr 2018
I managed to get some wallpapers out of this anime but too bad the character designs and the way they are colored with aren't nearly as good as the backgrounds

Anw 3.5/5
Oct 12, 2018 8:46 PM
Sep 2018
Watching Hitomi trying to open the desk by swiping it and tapping on it was funny - I wish my desks opened like that.
Oct 12, 2018 8:52 PM

Sep 2017
So we got a more formal introduction to most of the characters. I'd say we'll get Kohaku next episode. There will probably be some sort of tension between the two regarding use of magic and such. Kinda hopeful to see Hitomi develop her skills more.
Oct 12, 2018 8:57 PM

Oct 2015
I hope it is not going to be a weird anime about where Hitomi falls in love with her grandfather or something, because Imma drop this like trash. So far so good but there hasn't been content to speak of except the good animation. But I'm in no rush as it is in introduction stage.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 12, 2018 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the animation quality. Also the main female character looks really cute when she doesnt know what the fuck is going on
Oct 12, 2018 10:09 PM

Jan 2011
this show is sending me into a comfort comma it's so chill from the vibes to the music and peaceful visuals.

for a while it didn't que into me that magic existed outside of her family but everyone is aware of her grandmother causing trouble with itlol
Oct 12, 2018 11:38 PM

Aug 2013
very nice and chill anime to watch
I'm hooked
Oct 12, 2018 11:41 PM

Aug 2017
Ohh, amazing animation. Aoi doesn't like showing his drawings to people but he likes Hitomi's magic. It seems that Kohaku is naughty in the school with the magic.

I don't know how this show will handle the time travel and the romance in the next 11 episodes. The world building doesn't make much sense....

The ending is just a love-triangle??
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 13, 2018 12:11 AM

Jun 2014
I just love this show so much, everything feels so beautiful. From the opening to the ending everything was beauty itself. I also like how it's trying to be a little more ambitious than being a generic anime- ahhh it gives me nagi no asukara flashback.

If only I could find more anime like this one and nagi no asukara, they just hit me perfectly.

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 13, 2018 12:19 AM

Jun 2014
Tokoya said:
That last scene has me wondering if there's gonna be any love triangles....Hmmmmm

I'm curious to find out why Kohaku sucks at magic even though her grandmother (Who looks very attractive in her youth btw lol I can't wait to meet her) said that she's supposed to be very powerful

She doesn't "suck" at magic, she just dislikes magic so she doesn't use it. In this case she probably just showed enough for him to believe her not the extent of her magic. You can see it at the end of the episode, where she used a lot more magic.
Oct 13, 2018 12:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good episode, this!

Slow pace but visually stunning, P.A. Works back at it again! Hitomi showing us a little demonstration of her magic was a little underwhelming, I wonder what’s wrong. Yuito seems like a decent character so far, and the rooftop scene between the two main leads was nice! But really, the background details again took the spotlight of the show, I really hope they would have given the Characters some unique and creative designs but they really are bland compared to the mesmerising backgrounds. Kohaku though, xD, it’s nice to see a little background info of her this episode and I must say it was hilarious! Not sure what the ending scene was about though, was she actually doing some proper magic unlike earlier?

I’m looking forward to seeing the next episode and seeing how this cour plays out!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 13, 2018 12:42 AM

Aug 2008
The execution of this anime is very well done. It is solid. The art is consistent as always and the bloom is very nice to have, it really encapsulates the feel of this show with the theme revolving around 'colour', 'what is colour', 'how does it reflect each an every one's personality? It affects how we view the world, each and every one of us could see colour slightly differently. Remember the scene with Hitomi and the fireworks, it shows her introvert personality contrast with the vibrant fireworks.

We also find out in this episode that Hitomi does not know for what purpose she got here, and we are just about as clueless as her. This mysterious element is a great drive for the show as it adds mystery to a fantasy setting.

The contrast in character between Kohaku and Hitomi is evident when Kohaku is vibrant (colourful) with magic leading to destruction, on the other hand, Hitomi hates magic and can only achieve low level magic which is cute and harmless. You see Hitomi her use magic alone as she is able to do magic, but I believe she is just too afraid of people seeing her, since she hates magic. Wonder what she hates it? Hopefully we will find out.

We see her go out of her shell (since she is introverted) by asking the guy to show her a glimpse of 'creativity' and 'vibrancy' something she felt she is lacking. The show teases us with subtle hints and makes us ask some questions to keep us engaged.

This anime reminds me of elements in Koe no Katachi or Your name, which has similar elements. The difference is this is an anime series and has some qualities movies have.

The pacing of this show is nice and it really adds depth to the anime as a whole. By introducing scene slowly and not rushing the plot, the viewer is able to savour the scene making it become more memorable.
ikutoOct 13, 2018 12:50 AM
Oct 13, 2018 12:52 AM

Jun 2013
Good stuff. I actually think the girl MC is refreshing in a sensible and calming sort of way. No craziness or exaggerated emotions just because. I keep waiting for the reveal that she is from the future!

Looking forward to future eps!
Oct 13, 2018 1:13 AM
Apr 2016
JunoYamaguchi said:

I'm loving the atmosphere of this anime. I hope to watch a romantic drama on the same level as Nagi in the Asukara. The pace is a bit slow, but enjoyable. I loved OP and ED.

Just a question ... the male protagonist's name is Yuito, right? Because here in MAL says his name is Shou. This is also the name of the club leader, so...

There are two of them. One is Shou and he is the Photography club president, and there is Art club, where there is only Yuito.
Re:formed
Oct 13, 2018 2:37 AM

Jul 2017
Wasn't as great as the first episode but still really good. Still can't say much about Hitomi since I haven't made a decision regarding her character. The magic in this was pretty cool though it was so small.

Need to see how the rest of the story goes from here.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Oct 13, 2018 4:32 AM
Oct 2018
I got a feeing that Yuito will turn out to be Hitomi's grandfather. I'm probably wrong though.
Oct 13, 2018 6:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Thai777 said:
Tokoya said:

She doesn't "suck" at magic, she just dislikes magic so she doesn't use it. In this case she probably just showed enough for him to believe her not the extent of her magic. You can see it at the end of the episode, where she used a lot more magic.
Technically I'm not wrong by saying that she "sucks" since she herself said that she hasn't practiced using it before, so naturally if she were to try to do it like she did in the first act, she'd come off as a noob (which she kinda did) *shrug*

But yes the ending did suggest that her latent ability is high so we'll see what happens next
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

289 by bury133 »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

72 by basskiller »»
Dec 1, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2018

97 by basskiller »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

62 by basskiller »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

114 by basskiller »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.