Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2018 11:28 PM
Mar 2018
I just finished the 2nd episode, which was basically going to be the tell for me on whether I would continue watching. The first episode (in my opinion) was hilarious throughout, but I feared that they couldn't keep it up or add to it later on - which, to my pleasant surprised, they managed to do.

I've read basically all the complaints and it's still not clear to me - while yes, it's not particularly deep, the comedy is hilarious and its one of the funniest Anime to come out in a LONG time. And yes, I understand the MAL community loves to jump on the bandwagon of hating things, but there are people I genuinely respect that also don't like the show.

People are 100% entitled to their opinions, but I'd just love to know what those opinions actually are. The majority of what people are saying essentially boils down to "it's not edgy enough, the humor isn't funny, and it's not original," which I don't think accurately conveys what they're actually thinking. What are the key moments that ruin the show for you? I'd love to know so I can present a counter-argument and try to convince you to enjoy the show for what it is, and if I can't, so be it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2018 11:44 PM
Innocent PerVert

May 2014
Just be a blind eye with those people. MAL is full of trolls, shitposters, and people that they think a show is bad due to it not being serious like Goblin Slayer, Attack on Titan, etc.

I said this in a different post:
If you like the show, great. Don't let other users ruin it for you.

Oct 12, 2018 12:05 AM

May 2017
idk why but i like this anime, becouse anime like this is so fuking EPIC.
9/10
Oct 12, 2018 12:14 AM

Oct 2014
Vert said:
I said this in a different post:
If you like the show, great. Don't let other users ruin it for you.

exactly. It's not the best show out there but its actually fun. Its a bit embarassing to watch though and I feel that the pacing is very fast.

Story and plot might be garbage as @rewtrium said but some anime plot is so bad its good (Highschool of the Dead for example).

Animation is sweet, the girls are pretty, and its only episode 2 so who knows maybe the story will get better on the later episodes?

Its definitely not garbage for me. Its a 7/10 as of now.
Oct 12, 2018 12:20 AM

May 2010
If this anime is garbage, then it is one of the best pieces of garbage out there.
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Oct 12, 2018 1:59 AM

Oct 2017
Most people tend to be salty towards new seasonal anime. Not only this, MAL forums mostly comprises of trolls and shitposters. So you don't need to take their posts seriously, like that's why they are here...
Oct 12, 2018 2:00 AM

Apr 2016
Cause they can't say "manga is better and i am better for reading it".
Oct 12, 2018 2:37 AM

Jan 2013
Some of them didn't even realize they're watching a comedy, not some try-hard horror, so yeah don't bother with them.
Oct 12, 2018 2:49 AM

Jul 2012
Their brains are incapable of appreciating good lolis.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2018 2:51 AM

Apr 2015
I don't think people realized this is a idol parody and it's a very entertaining series to watch.

I thought it is going to be meh before watching the series but giving it a shot it's much better than expected.

Plus, the manager reminds me of Okabe Rintaro/Houoin Kyouma (same VA ik)
Oct 12, 2018 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
At first I wasn't even going to bother with this anime because there wasn't a lot of people watching it and the reaction overall didn't seem positive.

Bless one of my MAL friends who told me that I had to watch this because I'd love it. So glad that I listened to him instead of those other people who for some reason seem to dislike this anime.

Assuming that the anime keeps this quality I'm expecting this one's score to slowly rise up to an 8.
removed-userOct 12, 2018 4:03 AM
Oct 12, 2018 3:28 AM

May 2012
It is not funny at all, at least for me. I have no idea how can anyone find this anime funny
Oct 12, 2018 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Because it is.. sometimes "PEOPLE" don't LIE
Oct 12, 2018 4:45 AM

Feb 2013
Because people have differing opinions. Crazy how that works, isn't it?
Oct 12, 2018 5:57 AM

Jan 2016
I personally don't like it because I find a lot of the scenes really cringey to sit through which I personally can't stand. I think it's supposed to be a cringe comedy, which if you like that sort of thing, I can see why you'd love this, but for me that sort of comedy just doesn't make me laugh. I thought Asobi Asobase last season was a much better comedy.

For particular moments that ruin it, basically every time they get up on stage and there's that awkward pause where you know they're going to perform and they don't know what they're doing, even knowing it's going to turn out alright in the end, I still hate that, it's just painful, doesn't make me laugh, and makes it hard to continue. And knowing that something like that is coming every episode if I had to take a guess is what made me decide I don't want to continue.

And really, that's the thing, the comedy a lot of the time feels predictable, which is what makes it really hard to laugh, I know what the joke they're going to make is before they make it. The only time I didn't was the first 2 minutes, which is why that by itself might be the funniest joke I've seen all year. But almost everything else, especially in episode 2, I could see the joke coming and as such it wasn't funny.

I know I'm harping on the comedy, but without the comedy, the show I feel isn't much else, and in terms of a comedy, it doesn't work for me. If it makes you laugh, great, I sincerely hope you love this show. But it's not for me and I'm going to pass on it
MaskOfIceOct 12, 2018 6:12 AM
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Oct 12, 2018 6:01 AM

Mar 2015
I got some prejudice for this one but now i'm so glad i watched it. :o
I find it really funny and light. I'm so sad for those people who got too high expectations for anime and can't enjoy the most of them because of it.
私はあくまで羊ですから 🐑
Oct 12, 2018 6:45 AM
Jun 2017
Why am i seeing such forum regarding this anime, this one is enjoyable to watch with. I mean the originality of this one is CUTE- ZOMBIE + IDOL!!! YEAH!!!...

For those who are considering this as a trash, watch first the CONCEPTION- and if you consider this as a trash, what more is that series. Hahaha
Oct 12, 2018 12:48 PM
Jan 2018
The main reason people hate this anime is because of how it was presented. When it was announced it looked like a bad ass zombie anime almost like highschool of the dead but without fan service. But the first episode opened a trapdoor from under the hype and turned it into a idol anime. Also the humor is just stale yelling.

Raian_1010Oct 12, 2018 12:58 PM
Oct 12, 2018 12:52 PM
Jan 2018
fuyuki said:
Some of them didn't even realize they're watching a comedy, not some try-hard horror, so yeah don't bother with them.
It was originally looking like a try hard horror because of the Pv and the original tags which were supernatural and horror
Oct 12, 2018 12:54 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
because they didnt get the generic survival zombie anime they wanted
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 12, 2018 12:58 PM

Nov 2016
"One Man's Trah is Another Man's Treasure"

I thiink that Saying is ftis the situation really Well. People may say a show you like is bad, but what really matters is that you like it and that you enjoy it. Also, If the show has a Score higher than 6 its far from being trash.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2018 1:02 PM

Nov 2013
People have conflicting opinions over everything. I have seen more positive feedback than negative for this anime though, even if it is ranked kinda low.
Oct 12, 2018 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
It's trashy by design, not actual garbage.

There's a difference.
Oct 12, 2018 3:33 PM

Mar 2015
Funny, I completely dismissed this anime because I too expected it to be another generic zombie horror thing, but it turned out to not be that and I still disliked it. The "comedy" just doesn't do it for me and idols, even in parody, are a sour concept. The rap scene made me cringe.
If you enjoy this, then good on you, but some people just don't like things you do. That's life.
Oct 12, 2018 8:14 PM

Mar 2008
A lot of drama on this topic. Some people don't like the things you enjoy. Such is how it goes.

I can sort of see how people would like this show. I just don't have anything to really like from it though. The humor doesn't work for me, the characters aren't very appealing, and I don't care about the premise.

It'd be hard to find much I've liked thus far. The animation is fine, but that's about it.
Oct 12, 2018 9:14 PM

Jun 2014
I just think it's cringy and that the guy is super annoying, which is imo enough for me to drop it.
Oct 12, 2018 9:33 PM
Aug 2017
This anime is not that good, but I enjoy it and I give 7/10
Oct 13, 2018 3:06 AM

Sep 2011
So this is more on the absurd comedy side huh?

When I heard this was an idol show, I was expecting more music.
Especially when I heard that one of the idols was voice by Minami from Wake Up Girls.

I got the wrong mindset and expectation from the start.
Welp. I'm going to watch this as a seasonal absurd comedy anime then.
Oct 13, 2018 3:57 AM
Oct 2018
A production must fullfill expectation that served as promotional/campaign.
If post production is crap than the entire episodes will be garbage.
Don't offer wine if u have ale.
Oct 13, 2018 12:25 PM
Dec 2017
iF aN ANiMe Is NoT dEeP iS tRaSh WhY cAn'T aLl StUdIoS jUsT mAkE aNoThEr EvAnGeLiOn
Oct 13, 2018 2:02 PM
Jul 2015
Man I don't know. Anime fans are always hyperbolic, which is odd since half of the anime out there is weird as hell. I think people should stop seeing anime as a genre and just a style. Not everyone likes sports anime, not everyone likes idol anime, so they shouldn't rag on a show just because it doesn't cater to their tastes. Same with Goblin Slayer, people hate that show for some reason because they think it's a rape anime, when it told you upfront it was gonna be dark, what did you expect?

I heard some people say they wanted a legit zombie anime, or a legit idol anime. It's none of that, it's a comedy show with idols and zombies as the premise, just enjoy it for what it is. It's meant to be silly, have fast pacing, have ridiculous elements, not care about the details of the plot too much. It's like these people have never seen a parody, eccentric show before.

Ok, my rant over, there are legit complaints, if that style of comedy doesn't do it for you that's fine, comedy is subjective after all. However, saying the show is trash is a bit much, I haven't seen anything in the show that's done poorly, some annoying things or eh things, but nothing that makes me say this show sucks yet.
Oct 14, 2018 8:37 PM

Mar 2009
No idea. When I think of trashy anime, I think of stuff like this season's Conception, Goblin Slayer, and that little sister anime.
Oct 14, 2018 8:40 PM

Mar 2012
The_Mad_Wizard said:
So this is more on the absurd comedy side huh?

When I heard this was an idol show, I was expecting more music.
Especially when I heard that one of the idols was voice by Minami from Wake Up Girls.

I got the wrong mindset and expectation from the start.
Welp. I'm going to watch this as a seasonal absurd comedy anime then.

I thought it was a Madoka-like with zombie...
You are closer than me.
Oct 15, 2018 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Cause it doesn't suit the tastes of some elitists(baka) who think their opinions are absolute
Oct 15, 2018 3:02 PM

Sep 2018
I can understand why people may not like it, but I personally really enjoy it so far. If you enjoy a show just enjoy it man.
Oct 15, 2018 9:45 PM
Apr 2016
people really think this is garbage? I don't think so, OP needs to chill. It's the second episode.
Oct 16, 2018 2:34 AM
Feb 2010
Mohammadalmannai said:
I don't think people realized this is a idol parody and it's a very entertaining series to watch.

I thought it is going to be meh before watching the series but giving it a shot it's much better than expected.

Plus, the manager reminds me of Okabe Rintaro/Houoin Kyouma (same VA ik)

Exactly my thoughts. I half-expected it to be another shitty Walking Dead knock-off with cute girls fighting zombies in cute ways... I was so "disappointed" to see that it's actually an amazing comedy.

This year is really good for comedies... Pedo Maid, Zombieland, Grand Blue, Jashin-chan, Asobi Asobase. So many great series :D
Oct 16, 2018 3:30 AM
Oct 2018
when I saw it first time it was like a garbage, but after watching episode 2 i was like damn this anime is so good. I thought this may be the same thing as Goblin Slayer, and now i can't wait to watch eps 3 hahahaha
Oct 16, 2018 6:44 AM
Apr 2016
Cuz the comedy is cringe af
Oct 16, 2018 7:15 AM
Sep 2016
nice garbage thread you got there OP
Oct 17, 2018 9:26 AM
Jan 2018
Kijdenvoot said:
If this anime is garbage, then it is one of the best pieces of garbage out there.

hahaha i agreed with you, personally i found this show very good, (although idol genre was never my thing) but i gotta say, salute to the team that tricked me into loving this Zombie Idol Show lol.
Oct 17, 2018 9:46 AM

Aug 2018
No idea. Its friggin hilarious.
I don't like Idols or Zombies but for some reason, Idol Zombies are awesome XD
Oct 17, 2018 10:11 AM
May 2018
- "Aren't you afraid she might bite someone?"
- "A bite never hurt anyone."
- "Are you dumb?"

That scene ALONE makes this show worth it xD!
I just discovered that anime, didn't expect anything and was really surprised at how hard I laughed at it.
That dude is so f*cking dumb and hilarious, and his having the voice of the Mad Scientist makes it even funnier! It's like Hououin Kyouma has been reincarnated in a zombie world and keeps being himself in that life.
Also, the fact that it completely makes fun of anime clichés is really enjoyable. That first scene was like a huge slap in all other moe anime!

That said I do understand how their constant shouting could annoy people.
Also, I don't really like the stage scenes for now. Except the "BAKA ZOMBIIIE!" and how it shows Sakura's determination to live.

Also, it's kind of ironic as the show is about zombies trying to survive. Again, that anime makes so much fun of the genres! A real delight for now.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Oct 17, 2018 11:53 AM
Jun 2015
This anime is definitely odd, but the fact that they have Okabe Rintarou's voice actor for the main dude makes it a lot better. I was definitely surprised, to be honest, multiple times.
Oct 17, 2018 12:24 PM
Aug 2014
Shadzzo said:
Their brains are incapable of appreciating good lolis.

"Did your brain rot too?"

This show has rapidly turned into a contender for AOTS.
Oct 17, 2018 12:30 PM
Oct 2018
Because the same people that think Goblin Slayer is MatUrE cAuSe RaPe are the same people that trash this show because it's "an idol anime".

Though from the looks of it this is shaping up pretty much to be a parody of said idol anime and I'm loving it a lot. I was expecting to just have some fun here and there but the stuff like the rap battle literally made me grin from ear to ear throughout the whole scene more than any other anime did for the pure absurdity.
Oct 17, 2018 1:47 PM

Dec 2007
It's 2018. Minorities are extra vocal nowadays that's all. Just ignore them and enjoy the show OP.
Oct 17, 2018 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
This is Moeblob. What did you expect? If you are watching Moeblob. Should keep your expectation very low and watch this with unbiased view. Only then will you enjoy Moeblob anime. I watch all Moeblob like this. Most ppl hate Moeblobs because it's CRINGY.
Granted today's anime is not as DEEP as the "old" anime were. But times have changed.
Oct 19, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2012
I think it's bad because it's not funny at all. Miyano Mamoru is almost a saving grace. Almost. But if a comedy fails to get a single smile from me, there's no reason to keep watching, especially given another mediocre Idol anime plot. Maybe my expectations a bit too high right now, since we had Asobi Asobase last season.

Really funny how some people in this thread chalk it down to Goblin Slayer "Edgelord" fanboys hating on the show because it's not "serious" enough. Give me a break, lmao. Comedy anime are very hit or miss and this one is definitely a miss for me.
SubtleJOct 19, 2018 5:05 PM
Oct 19, 2018 8:10 PM
May 2018
These haters are the same people that enjoys the lifestyle of a furry
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.