Forum Settings
Forums

Positive opinions regarding Top 10 anime according to Mal

New
Oct 11, 2018 9:01 PM

Nov 2017
As my title suggest what are positive opinion regarding the top 10 anime in Mal. I know there are lot of unpopular reviews about these anime. But I wanna know ur positive view for why it's so popular.
Top 10 anime of mal-
1.FMAB
2.KIMI NO NA WA
3.STEINS;GATE
4.GINTAMA
5.HUNTER X HUNTER
6. GINGA EIYUU DENSETSU
7. 3-GATSU LION
8.KOE NO KATACHI
9. CLANNAD AFTER STORY
10.OWARIMONOGATARI
Also there are a few unpopular anime here but due to there high rating they are in top 10.
So u can add some popular anime n give ur opinion on why they are so popular.
Thank you
Tomoya1Oct 11, 2018 9:09 PM
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 11, 2018 9:05 PM

Jan 2018
Fmab:it's flawless I guess,but I havent finished it yet
Kimi no Nawa:Shinakai Makoto
Steins;Gate:The plot twists
Gintama:hilarious
Ginga Eiyuu Densetu:elitism
3-gatsu no lion:Depression and how to get over it I guess
Koe no Katachi:Tear jerker
Clannad:After Story:Ultimate tear jerker
Oct 11, 2018 9:06 PM

Apr 2016
While I wouldn't consider any to be a personal favorite, they are all solidly constructed anime where anyone see their merits and enjoy them to some extent. I think they all do a good job in a variety of departments while not necessarily being the best at any one thing.
Oct 11, 2018 9:08 PM

Sep 2018
Sure, I’ve racked on FMAB a few times and made claims as to why 2003 was better, but brotherhood is still good to me. i found it to be really entertaining, i love some of the comedic moments and the character interactions. Maes Hughes was also avenged better in this adaptation I believe. There’s a lot of things this show does right. Sure it’s “overrated”, but it’s popular for a reason. it’s appealing to a bigger audience and also tends to be among a lot of peoples’ first anime. it’s a good “gateway drug” in anime I think. Arakawa made a really wonderful and well loved series and i appreciate all of it. I love Fullmetal Alchemist.
Oct 11, 2018 9:11 PM

Oct 2018
It's not something you should dwell too much on. I never check what the "top" series are and from what the forums say it has changed over time and I am positive in my own opinion.
{~๐•ธ๐–Š๐–“ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฎ๐–š๐–‘๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–Š ๐–‰๐–” ๐–“๐–”๐–™ ๐–๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–”๐–—๐–š๐–’ ๐•พ๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–“๐–†๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–Š๐–˜~}
Oct 11, 2018 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
1. FMAB
doesnt deserve no 1 spot at all, totally ruined elric and winry's relationship from the 2003 bro/sis type thing, they are the worst couple. [not The worst, that nisekoi] dropped I think bcz the network stopped abt 70% and never felt the need to download and watc the rest. and that was like 4 years ago, watched tons of anime after that.

2. KIMI NO NA WA

retarded as shit, full of plot holes, the love is really insipid, [its no lake house]

3. STEINS;GATE
sorta MEH, was good but that as good as the top 10, totally over rated.

4. GINTAMA
looks like a one piss and bleach clone, too long probably gonna hate, so wont bother.

5. HUNTER X HUNTER
Deserves to be higher, even can take the No 1 spot, is leagues above the rest of these other shit on this list. 10/10, the only show I cant say a negative abt [toga should git his shit together]

6. GINGA EIYUU DENSETSU
too long, not super into mechas

7. 3-GATSU LION
dont give a shit abt shogi, dont wanna watch a male version of chihayafuru

8. KOE NO KATACHI
the one with the dumb mutey and natsuki subaru and k=on Mio playing a bitch. definitely superior to the above movie and deserves to be much higher. ther are literally just two good things and this is the 2nd.

9. CLANNAD AFTER STORY
dont care

10. OWARIMONOGATARI
not interested in vampires unless they're getting ripped apart like in blade or are the likes of akkado or D, I really dont give a shit abt the literal twilight of anime.
Oct 11, 2018 9:57 PM

Nov 2008
Hmm ok....

1.FMAB

Totally is deserving. Yes, I really think so.

2.KIMI NO NA WA

I like the movie. Not the best anime movie ever....but I do like it.

3.STEINS;GATE

Probably best written 'harem' anime ever. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan but I DEVOURED this show. And then bought it.

5.HUNTER X HUNTER

I'm working on this one. If it's by Yu Yu Hakusho's writer, it's probably great.

8.KOE NO KATACHI

Amazing movie. Probably one of the very best. I want to show it to my mother so she can respect my hobby. lol

9. CLANNAD AFTER STORY

I LOVE a good tear-jerker. It's on my "Planned" list. I can't wait to see what it throws at me.

Oct 11, 2018 9:58 PM

Jul 2017
FMA:B

Popular cause shounen duh. Also, the last few eps are pretty epic won't lie

Your Name

Honestly, have no idea. The visuals are stunning (as expected) and the story is decent but don't really know why the high rating. Then again it's been a while so I maybe don't remember clearly

Steins;Gate

Sci-fi thriller that at least tries to explain the theory behind the sci-fi bits rather than muh magic lul. Oh yeah, and stuff about plot twists and whatnot

Gintama

Purely cause of the comedy and the extent that they break the fourth wall. Given it's mostly a comedic anime I can see the hate for it

Sangatsu

One of the more realistic shows about topics like depression and especially about bullying (that it can't always be solved and end with hugs and kisses). Some really good voice acting also

Koe no Katachi

Another show movie about depression/bullying. More so about redemption I thought it paced itself well. Plus it's a Kyoani movie so can't go wrong there

Clannad AS

Almost 99% because of the latter half. Combined with the amazing OST it can be a real tear jerker

Owarimonogatari

Overall a nice conclusion to the base Monogatari series (excluding tbr Zoku-) and it was also just as enjoyable as the rest of the series
Oct 11, 2018 10:00 PM

Jul 2014
KuroudoAkabane said:
1. FMAB
doesnt deserve no 1 spot at all, totally ruined elric and winry's relationship from the 2003 bro/sis type thing, they are the worst couple. [not The worst, that nisekoi] dropped I think bcz the network stopped abt 70% and never felt the need to download and watc the rest. and that was like 4 years ago, watched tons of anime after that.

2. KIMI NO NA WA

retarded as shit, full of plot holes, the love is really insipid, [its no lake house]

3. STEINS;GATE

4. GINTAMA
looks like a one piss and bleach clone, too long probably gonna hate, so wont bother.

5. HUNTER X HUNTER
Deserves to be higher, even can take the No 1 spot, is leagues above the rest of these other shit on this list. 10/10, the only show I cant say a negative abt [toga should git his shit together]

6. GINGA EIYUU DENSETSU

7. 3-GATSU LION

8. KOE NO KATACHI
the one with the dumb mutey and natsuki subaru and k=on Mio playing a bitch. definitely superior to the above movie and deserves to be much higher. ther are literally just two good things and this is the 2nd.

9. CLANNAD AFTER STORY
dont care

10. OWARIMONOGATARI
not interested in vampires unless they're getting ripped apart like in blade or are the likes of akkado or D, I really dont give a shit abt the literal twilight of anime.

Pessimists beware, cause we got one P O S I T I V E B O I right here.
Oct 11, 2018 10:05 PM

Jun 2015
nice bait, really triggered me,

using an I instead of a Y
Oct 11, 2018 10:13 PM

Feb 2018
The only ones out of this list I really like are Steins Gate and Hxh 2011.
And in my opinion Hxh should be the nr 1.
Oct 11, 2018 10:21 PM

Jul 2017
Kimi no Na Wa should be on the top 1 tho, it's like the best anime I've seen.
Oct 11, 2018 10:25 PM

Oct 2018
FMAB doesn't deserve first place, but it's still a pretty good anime.
Agree with HxH and Steins Gate.
But the others are just so..annoying ใƒพ(๏ผพ-๏ผพ)ใƒŽ

Holding on is believing that there's only a past. Letting go is knowing that there's a future.
Oct 11, 2018 10:29 PM

Nov 2008
KuroudoAkabane said:
1. FMAB
doesnt deserve no 1 spot at all, totally ruined elric and winry's relationship from the 2003 bro/sis type thing, they are the worst couple.

"Bro/sis type thing" UM WHERE!? Ed's like writing a love letter to her in one of the earlier episodes of 2003. Al asks him about it and he covers it up, blushing like crazy and telling him to mind his own business.

Are you high?

Oct 11, 2018 10:45 PM

Jun 2015
Chiibi said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
1. FMAB
doesnt deserve no 1 spot at all, totally ruined elric and winry's relationship from the 2003 bro/sis type thing, they are the worst couple.

"Bro/sis type thing" UM WHERE!? Ed's like writing a love letter to her in one of the earlier episodes of 2003. Al asks him about it and he covers it up, blushing like crazy and telling him to mind his own business.

Are you high?
localized english dubs /pinoy/those southy chinks ones
Oct 11, 2018 10:46 PM

Dec 2017
The most positive thing I can say is that clearly they're doing something right considering their high scores.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Oct 11, 2018 11:06 PM

Nov 2008
KuroudoAkabane said:
Chiibi said:

Are you high?
localized english dubs /pinoy/those southy chinks ones

It's in the Japanese version; that's the only way I prefer to watch the FMA series. But no. Ed and Winry were never "like siblings". Their creator always planned for them to be love interests and the 2003 series is no different. The sibling thing is in YOUR head only.

Oct 12, 2018 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
fma:b has a really good plot that is executed well
Oct 12, 2018 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
I've seen all except HxH, LoGH, 3-gatsu and Owarimonogatari, I enjoyed pretty much each of them. I don't think FMA:B and S;G deserve the top spots, but still they were pretty good. Gintama is one of my favorite shows.
Oct 12, 2018 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
1.FMAB - Amazing Villains
2.KIMI NO NA WA - Good Animations
3.STEINS;GATE - Waifu Collector.
4.GINTAMA - Funny
5.HUNTER X HUNTER - Neteroโค
6. GINGA EIYUU DENSETSU.....
7. 3-GATSU LION ....
8.KOE NO KATACHI - Great Ending
9. CLANNAD AFTER STORY - Great Chara Design
10.OWARIMONOGATARI - Waifu collector x2
Oct 12, 2018 3:21 AM

Nov 2017
Lol the only anime in the top 10 that is actually very deserving of their spot is Kimi no nawa !! The rest doesnt even deserve to be in the top 50
Oct 12, 2018 3:42 AM
Apr 2018
After Story: the second half is magnificent. Ushio and Tomoya's relationship had me in tears.
Oct 12, 2018 4:10 AM

Aug 2017
all the anime there suck big time no wonder why some people hate mal and dont take the scoring on this website seriously
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2018 5:42 AM

Oct 2017

Fantastic writing and characters overall with an engaging story as well as excellent animation to top it off. It's not perfect but it's place as number 1 is justified imo.

Your Name

Beautiful and well directed with plenty of feels. I don't think it's as good as its score suggests but I can see why it's there.

Steins;Gate

Handles its premise extremely well with some great characters. Plenty of plot twists and a satisfying conclusion.

Gintama

I haven't seen it but I've heard it's a great comedy and parody.

HxH

Interesting characters, a well thought out battle system and fantastic execution.

LoGh

Explores many underrepresented themes extremely well, especially political ideals, and also has fantastic characters backed up by some good world building and dramatic scale.

3-Gatsu

Serious and artistic with characters that feel realistic.

A Silent Voice

Like Your Name it's beautiful and well directed with plenty of feels. I think it explores its themes better than Your Name though.

Clannad After Story

Feels train with no brakes. Explores relationships and life in a way rarely seen in anime. Excellent execution.

Owarimonogatari

One of the better installments in the Monogatari series. Excellent style with unique and interesting storytelling and characters. The sequel effect is probably pretty strong with this one though, not denying it isn't great but it shouldn't be quite as high as it is.
Oct 12, 2018 6:00 AM

Nov 2017
Boobsftw said:
Fmab:it's flawless I guess,but I havent finished it yet
Kimi no Nawa:Shinakai Makoto
Steins;Gate:The plot twists
Gintama:hilarious
Ginga Eiyuu Densetu:elitism
3-gatsu no lion:Depression and how to get over it I guess
Koe no Katachi:Tear jerker
Clannad:After Story:Ultimate tear jerker
I got ur all anime positive views except kimi no na wa like how being Makoto's movie can be so famous?

"

Oct 12, 2018 6:01 AM

Nov 2017
juiccbox said:
Sure, I’ve racked on FMAB a few times and made claims as to why 2003 was better, but brotherhood is still good to me. i found it to be really entertaining, i love some of the comedic moments and the character interactions. Maes Hughes was also avenged better in this adaptation I believe. There’s a lot of things this show does right. Sure it’s “overrated”, but it’s popular for a reason. it’s appealing to a bigger audience and also tends to be among a lot of peoples’ first anime. it’s a good “gateway drug” in anime I think. Arakawa made a really wonderful and well loved series and i appreciate all of it. I love Fullmetal Alchemist.
definitely ur correct as I also thinks the same way for fmab

"

Oct 12, 2018 6:02 AM

Jan 2018
@Tomoya1 because he's a GOAT I guess.
Oct 12, 2018 6:03 AM

Nov 2017
KuroudoAkabane said:
1. FMAB

2. KIMI NO NA WA

3. STEINS;GATE

4. GINTAMA

5. HUNTER X HUNTER

6. GINGA EIYUU DENSETSU

7. 3-GATSU LION

8. KOE NO KATACHI

9. CLANNAD AFTER STORY
dont care

10. OWARIMONOGATARI
lol u might have mistake my question it's positive view not negative

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:17 AM

Nov 2017
Chiibi said:
Hmm ok....

1.FMAB

Totally is deserving. Yes, I really think so.

2.KIMI NO NA WA

I like the movie. Not the best anime movie ever....but I do like it.

3.STEINS;GATE

Probably best written 'harem' anime ever. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan but I DEVOURED this show. And then bought it.

5.HUNTER X HUNTER

I'm working on this one. If it's by Yu Yu Hakusho's writer, it's probably great.

8.KOE NO KATACHI

Amazing movie. Probably one of the very best. I want to show it to my mother so she can respect my hobby. lol

9. CLANNAD AFTER STORY

I LOVE a good tear-jerker. It's on my "Planned" list. I can't wait to see what it throws at me.

cool watching ur views makes this series a good one.

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2017
Short_Circut said:

Popular cause shounen duh. Also, the last few eps are pretty epic won't lie

Your Name

Honestly, have no idea. The visuals are stunning (as expected) and the story is decent but don't really know why the high rating. Then again it's been a while so I maybe don't remember clearly

Steins;Gate

Sci-fi thriller that at least tries to explain the theory behind the sci-fi bits rather than muh magic lul. Oh yeah, and stuff about plot twists and whatnot

Gintama

Purely cause of the comedy and the extent that they break the fourth wall. Given it's mostly a comedic anime I can see the hate for it

Sangatsu

One of the more realistic shows about topics like depression and especially about bullying (that it can't always be solved and end with hugs and kisses). Some really good voice acting also

Koe no Katachi

Another show movie about depression/bullying. More so about redemption I thought it paced itself well. Plus it's a Kyoani movie so can't go wrong there

Clannad AS

Almost 99% because of the latter half. Combined with the amazing OST it can be a real tear jerker

Owarimonogatari

Overall a nice conclusion to the base Monogatari series (excluding tbr Zoku-) and it was also just as enjoyable as the rest of the series
reading ur views regarding 3-gatsu I wanna watch it now.

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2017
Invidioso said:
4.GINTAMA - Funny
7. 3-GATSU LION ....
lol how many waifus did u succeed on collecting ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2017
assyrian said:
all the anime there suck big time no wonder why some people hate mal and dont take the scoring on this website seriously
lol u hit the core point ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
Tomoya1 said:
Invidioso said:
4.GINTAMA - Funny
7. 3-GATSU LION ....

Much more than I thought.. i'm surprised to my self...
Oct 12, 2018 7:32 AM

Nov 2017
Boobsftw said:
umm I Don't think so as the international fans don't know much about him but then also it has done awesome in international theater so maybe something else.

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:33 AM

Nov 2017
Invidioso said:
Tomoya1 said:

can I have one ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
30 character sucks

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:35 AM

Jan 2018
Tomoya1 said:
Boobsftw said:
umm I Don't think so as the international fans don't know much about him but then also it has done awesome in international theater so maybe something else.

Many people said he's the next Miyazaki so you probably know how awesome he is.But that's just opinions
Oct 12, 2018 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
Tomoya1 said:
Invidioso said:

can I have one ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
30 character sucks

You can have everyone besides Hanekawa. She's precious ( อก° อœส– อก°)
Oct 12, 2018 7:38 AM

Nov 2017
Invidioso said:
Tomoya1 said:
can I have one ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
30 character sucks

You can have everyone aside Hanekawa. She's precious ( อก° อœส– อก°)
I'm happy with moeka n kagari๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ u can keep her๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:39 AM

Nov 2017
Boobsftw said:
Tomoya1 said:

Many people said he's the next Miyazaki so you probably know how awesome he is.But that's just opinions
yeah that's true he does have a great idea. BTW do u know who has written the story I know that the story was by him but who was the writer?

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:41 AM

Jan 2018
Tomoya1 said:
Boobsftw said:

yeah that's true he does have a great idea. BTW do u know who has written the story I know that the story was by him but who was the writer?

I though the writer is the one who creates the story,which is Shinkai Makoto?
Oct 12, 2018 7:44 AM

Nov 2017
Boobsftw said:
Tomoya1 said:

yeah but there are many directors or person who haves the story but is written by someone else.

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:45 AM

Oct 2012
make hunter x hunter number one on mal 2018
Oct 12, 2018 7:45 AM

Jan 2018
Tomoya1 said:
Boobsftw said:

yeah but there are many directors or person who haves the story but is written by someone else.

What are you expecting me to be?Makoto's stalker?
Oct 12, 2018 7:48 AM

Nov 2017
Boobsftw said:
Tomoya1 said:

What are you expecting me to be?Makoto's stalker?
lol I'm not pinpointing Makoto just as general it's fine if u don't know

"

Oct 12, 2018 7:52 AM

Jan 2018
@Tomoya1
I mean how do you know lol.Is it even possible?If the person is the original creator and the story is not even written by himself,how can he be the original creator ?
Oct 12, 2018 7:57 AM

Feb 2015
@KuroudoAkabane

Logh is not a mecha anime. There are no robots, only space ships.
Oct 12, 2018 8:15 AM

Feb 2010
1.FMAB - Fantastic show

2.KIMI NO NA WA - Overrated, but not as much as some people say. Best Shinkai, but Shinkai is just not that great imo. He's good at backgrounds and that's mostly it. The writing is just slowly getting more interesting over the course of his movie career, but it's still not beyond 'okay' levels.

3.STEINS;GATE - Might not enjoy it as much now as I did back then. At least I didn't enjoy S;G 0 as much. But that might also have to do with missing the mad scientist Okabe, which really made the original so enjoyable for me. Moreso even than the story.

4.GINTAMA - Fantastic show

5.HUNTER X HUNTER - Fantastic show. Proof of its greatness is that every single arc is someone's favorite arc. Every one of them has the potential to be that, which is just amazing.

6. GINGA EIYUU DENSETSU - Fantastic show

7. 3-GATSU LION - Fan-fucking-tastic show

8.KOE NO KATACHI - One of the best tearjerker movies I've seen. Very emotional, great cast, awesome stuff.

9. CLANNAD AFTER STORY - among all the anime/franchises that made me cry, Clannad is probably the one I hold in the lowest regard because barely anything outside those few scenes/eps that made me cry was very enjoyable. Not worth the long journey through mediocre eps imo.

10.OWARIMONOGATARI - Yes it has the best or at least second best (I'm undecided between Ougi Dark and Koimonogatari) arc in the franchise and at its best Monogatari can certainly deserve to be that high. But I find it hard to judge the seasons rather than the arcs, because they wend to be not on that level most of the time. Still good stuff usually, but only a few arcs are really top-tier and should be ranked that high. But I'm fine with Ougi Dark being up there at least.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 12, 2018 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
Tomoya1 said:
Invidioso said:

You can have everyone aside Hanekawa. She's precious ( อก° อœส– อก°)
I'm happy with moeka n kagari๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ u can keep her๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

moeka n kagari are an insult to her. Hanakawa solo every Waifu in Monogatari( อก° อœส– อก°)
Oct 12, 2018 8:40 AM

Apr 2016
3-gatsu no lion definitely deserves its place up there.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Oct 12, 2018 8:52 AM

Sep 2017
While I haven't seen all of them, I can say that there must be a good enough reason why they are up there in the first place from excellent plot to the plot twists to the heartstrings being pulled.

My List
Hall Of Quotes
Set By Transience
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

32 by WatchTillTandava »»
56 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

93 by Zarutaku »»
24 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 1 hour ago

16 by Coaghim »»
24 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
33 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
38 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.