Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
As Miss Beelzebub Likes
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2018 5:23 AM

Oct 2008
This is so MOE!!!
and a lot of nudes from Miss Beelzebub!
4/5.

Oct 14, 2018 10:51 AM

Sep 2009
it is so fluffy!!!!!

But seriously the characteristic of Beelzebub suit her as Beelzebub is the demon of Sloth (Laziness).
Oct 14, 2018 10:53 AM

Apr 2018
I loved this episode! Beelzebub is just too adorable!
Oct 14, 2018 11:28 AM

Jul 2016
One of the fluffest, cutest and most beautifully animated and colored show I've ever seen so far.

The main characters are so cute together and already have a good bound together.

The first thought I had when I saw Beelzebub for the first time animates was "Beelzebub looks a lot like princess Charlotte from Princess Principal"
Oct 14, 2018 4:42 PM
May 2018
I thought this was really cute! I absolutely love the color palette and the different take on the demon world. I also really like this tsundere assistant who isn't aggressive or stone cold, he's just too embarrassed and self-conscious. Beelzebub seems to be a dynamic character too who goes between being adorable and weirdly serious. It all seems really cute and pure, I want to keep watching and pick up the manga. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I'm not sure how much of a story there's going to be (and I'm a sucker for ridiculously intense plots).
cheyshirecatOct 14, 2018 4:48 PM
Oct 15, 2018 4:55 AM

Jun 2013
well that was cute
Oct 17, 2018 8:19 PM
Oct 2007
yawn, think I will pass. Kind of got bored watching it. Sure she is cute,but there wasn't much else going on.
Oct 18, 2018 8:45 PM
Mar 2017
I think I'll die of diabetes from how sweet and adorable Beelzebub is, by God I never thought that hell would be such a harmonious place, besides being governed by that lovely little girl would be a blessing.
Beelzebub is a girl who in view of others looks very composed and responsible, but for Myurin, her personal assistant, she is very relaxed and careless, she also likes soft things and cutes (she also likes to sleep naked).
To be the first episode was not bad, I had ignored, but luckily I gave him a chance and apparently The little queen of the underworld will give us more sweet moments, I hope to survive until the last chapter.
Oct 20, 2018 6:55 AM

May 2017
This is exactly what I needed to relax while cramming for college, I just realy love it, not much to say here haha
Nov 11, 2018 12:47 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Late start on this season, but I ended up watching Beezlebub-jou no Okinmesu mama as my first anime of the season... mostly because of alphabetical order. I was interested in it mainly because of its mainly pastel aesthetic. Many anime which have pastel visuals or try to go the pastel route don't end up using it or at least don't use it well. They might have girls with pastel hair while everything else is as usual. It ends up looking harsh. So far, Beezlebub-jou uses their pastel palette relatively well. The entire show is not really pastel, but they use pastels and light colors combined with cute, light imagery (like stars in the sky, round and inviting shapes) to make it all seem like this is a world where you'd feel comfortable, for the most part. There are some contrasts, but for the most part, there really wasn't a location, even the alley, where it seemed it'd be too uncomfortable. Even for that alley, they used a lighter, sweeter blue than what other anime might use in that situation (especially given what the tone of that scene COULD have been).

I find the use of fanservice interesting. It seems the creators were trying to appeal to the female demographic a bit more, yet there's the type of fanservice which would appeal to the male demographic. In one way, I'd say the show doesn't know who its audience is, which is often where a show can fail if it's not careful. But I feel like I'd have to continue on and see where they go with that.

I'm not super sure who is the true main character yet. Beezlebub or Mullin/Myurin (the latter being how I pronounce his name)? I would assume Myurin since he's the one with the stronger objective at this point. Beezlebub just kinda goes about life. But if the main character is Myurin and NOT Beezlebub, then they should be careful about how much focus is on Beezlebub as opposed to Myurin. And really, when it came down to it, during important scenes, we do stay with Myurin, and that's important-- and good job to the writers on that point. But we do see a lot of solo Beezlebub scenes that might not actually need to be there. I'm not actually complaining too much though since I like her. She's cute. Just gotta see how they deal with her from here on.

I wasn't sure if I was going to want to continue this after episode one since I really was just coming in for the pastel color palette, but I think I'll stay. I like what I've seen so far!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 17, 2018 3:27 PM

Jul 2017
I decided to start it since it seemed to be getting a lot of attention.
First episode wasn't bad.
It left me with a very fuzzy warm feeling tbh.
Honestly super precious.
It's a bit strange but maybe worth the watch. I'll have to wait and see I guess~
Nov 18, 2018 12:44 AM

Mar 2012
I never thought that I'd be saying this but that tsundere boy is so cute~

Maybe tsunderes aren't a mistake after all except for the abusive types like Wolfram
Dec 11, 2018 3:38 PM

Aug 2017
This is so cuteeeeeeeeee.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 4, 2019 9:27 PM

Nov 2012
"Look! We made Hell as cute, nice, and fluffy as possible! Aren't we all clever and subversive???"

I swear "demon who doesn't act like a demon" has become such a tired cliche in fiction. Saying something takes place in a specific setting then making nothing about that setting feel like that setting - especially when you have a character explicitly state that this version of Hell is supposed to be a place bad people go to be punished - feels kind of dumb. If they didn't keep reminding us that this was supposed to be Hell, I'd just think this was a random fantasy location and that'd work just as well.

Pet peeve aside, this is pretty cute. First impression 6/10.
Jan 13, 2019 1:33 AM

Nov 2014
Seriously what's with that cotton ball XD.

This series is symbol of fluffiness and cuteness, with great colorization. Really enjoyable and easily relieve my stress.

Mulin and Beelzebub is a really cute pairing,I can't wait for more cuteness and fluffiness in the more upcoming episodes :D.
Feb 16, 2019 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
To hell with logic, cuteness overload!

This was really very relaxing episode, perfect as bedtime story. The main girl is very likeable (Oonishi Saori) and there will be tons of other good seyuu around too. Kikuko Inoue as narration, and Matsuoka, Yuuki Aoi, Akatsuki Chinatsu and Kakuma Ai yet to arrive.

Also, I kinda like the world which is more heavenly than heaven. Really can't wait for the moment when the hell breaks loose (pun intended).
Feb 20, 2019 10:11 AM

May 2012
>Rulers of Hell
>Japan
>Everything is fluffy and cute
seems about right to me...

Pretty adorable and very interesting setting to be honest, I seriously do not see the connection but I actually really like it! Looking forwards to see what this anime has to offer!
Mar 8, 2019 3:45 PM

Jul 2016
Hell can't be this fluffy!

Pretty simple first episode but it had some enjoyable moments.

I also liked the color palette they decided to use and yes, for moments it seems they are trying way too hard to be cute and moe but it's not something that really bothers me so...
Oct 13, 2019 3:24 AM
Mar 2018
I feel like I am floating in gossamer clouds!! The episode was too cute and fluffy for words, I could just feel all my tiredness fall off me. I don't know if this is meant to be an iyashikei but it is definitely healing.
An observation, is it just me or does myurin look a little bit like Ryuji from Toradora?
Dec 16, 2019 4:55 PM
Dec 2019
Damn hell is surprisingly chill what's the point of going to heaven.
Apr 17, 2020 8:29 PM

Feb 2018
Cute loli was naked, OMG.
Jan 30, 2021 10:41 AM
Dec 2012
i love the pastel tone colors!
May 5, 2021 7:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I didn't know hell could look that cute and peaceful xD it was really nice for a 1st episode, the animation is meh but I really liked that romance aspect
Dec 25, 2022 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
Before it is too late for me, is this anime really into "bishounen"?

Jan 20, 2023 7:48 PM
Jan 2023
I love Myurin, he's so cute! <3
Nov 29, 2023 6:37 PM

Nov 2023
I really like the anime and the episode and the music! What an amazing anime. Never seen anything like it before
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

51 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

21 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2018

20 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

18 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2018

26 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.