Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 13, 2018 6:50 PM

Oct 2015
The dialogue and conversation between both MC are amazing. I would have love a more complete adaptation but so far so good. Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 14, 2018 1:36 AM

Jun 2013
Banter on point.
Oct 14, 2018 4:33 AM
Sep 2018
This is the saddest thing I've ever done.

Crocospect22 said:
Ma11h3w said:

Btw nothing like Oreki don't compare that rip-off Arraragi to the master of sloth Oreki.

This next part is a quote

[Everyone have their preference and opinion, for me that's how he looks like because who else can be..
Many people keep saying he looks a bit like Ayanokouji which even makes no sense, but they both actually have no common except the willingless to help a girl but they have totally different prespective.]

When I quoted you here I was talking about how their personalities, what you said are different from each other where Arrrraragi and Hachimans are different to the mc not the looks.

Ma11h3w said:
This is a good show I will say that but if you look at it carefully you'll begin to realise someone really liked Monogatari, were 'inspired' by it and fucked up the inspiration making the soundtrack generic, the characters blander, not bland blander, and the really cool supernatural element in Monogatari yeah, sorry no.
It is a good show yes but if compared to the thing it wants to be compared to *cough* Monogatari *cough* then its just OK lacking in what made Monogatari more than just a good show.

Also what is this? Why are you so salty about this lol, so why is it bland just because some aspects are following monogatari formula? There are many anime who keep following one formula from other anime and it is fine. In anime industry, nothing wrong at all. And btw i have seen nobody compare this anime too much with Monogatari and saying it's shit, because except the part where the mc tries to save the heroine, they both are different. Different art style, different story, different animation and different character personality.

-First of all not salty I directly say this is a good show in my first sentence.

-Second, I said blander, not bland.

-Third, if an anime keeps following a format from another show that is fine like you said but it doesn't make the show creative and makes a genre seem repetitive e.g. Darling in the Franxx

-Fourth, I don't remember calling it shit just that some characters are a little too close in character roles.

-Fifth, the differences make it worse than Monogatari but that doesn't mean it was a bad show.

My main problem with the show is that it's similar enough to Monogatari to compare them and when they are compared Bunny Girl is inferior in almost every way. An example would be the explanation characters Meme, yes I call him that, and science teacher, I'm too ignorant to remember her name. Memes way of explanation is fun and the supernatural shit is fucking amazing but the first thing science teacher explains is Schrodinger's cat, something Game Theory taught me when I was 10 AND it had nothing to do with it if you think about it because Schrodinger's theory is that there are two worlds were the cat is dead or alive due to a POISON while in the anime if you take what it's saying into the context of the theory, the cat hid in the box, with the poison because people kept on asking if it was alive or dead.

PS I actually would enjoy the show if I didn't watch Monogatari first.
Oct 14, 2018 3:23 PM

Apr 2011
This is everything Oregairu is failed to be, I guess. Actually, not really similar in plotwise but very close in terms of the personality of the main characters.

It was my most anticipated show coming to the season, and it certainly delivered so far. Dialogues are written quite craftily and the chemistry between the Sakuta and Mai is great.
Oct 14, 2018 7:30 PM
May 2017
It's actually amazing to me that some people are complaining about the pacing. How many LN adaptations out there are there with a fucking awful protagonist and a romance that goes nowhere in 12-13 episodes?

Romance that happens within the first arc is a breath of fresh air and it's not bad in the slightest.
Oct 14, 2018 9:28 PM
Moe Lover

Aug 2015
Really loving the vibe this show is giving me. The way Sakuta and Mai's relationship is developing gives me lots of hope for what is to come...but we sort of know what to expect to come so far assuming we are interpreting the scene from episode 1 correctly. Quality wise it is remaining stunning and really nice to look at, nothing crazy like Kyoto Animation but still not bad whatsoever. Overall this episode gave us some good character development which was great with our straightforward protagonist.
Oct 15, 2018 2:59 AM
Oct 2017
The chemistry between Mai and Sakuta is pretty great. I did not expect this anime to be so good so far (judging by the cover). xD
Oct 15, 2018 9:21 AM
Mar 2018
I think I figuered it out. This is actually a dramedy with a romance and the main guy is just imagining the Mail, because there was some traumatic event in his past and from there on he became an outsider. This would explain his sisters bruises and why nobody else can see Mai, nor ever heard of her. At least some drama will be there in the end, I mean it has 13 episodes and we all know that there is drama in the 12th episode...
Oct 15, 2018 8:24 PM
Jul 2015
Pretty entertaining but I don't like Sakuta (male protagonist). He's some kind of forced character that I feel uneasy.

Oct 16, 2018 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
I like this kind of: "Not your usual romance!"
w0w! it's very rare to see teens in anime sleeping in one bed and both are not freaking about it! quite different if i have to say compared to others where they freak-out to the ends of the earth just being on the same room alone. This one is quite exemplar!
5/5.

Oct 16, 2018 2:47 AM

Aug 2018
I wasn't really looking forward to this, had no idea but I've gotta say it has me hooked. I just can see it breaking my heart later on.... at least I'm prepared
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Oct 16, 2018 8:35 AM
Apr 2017
This is really suprising to me, this show is much better than I expected, as I thought it would be a generic shoot
Oct 16, 2018 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Ma11h3w said:
This is the saddest thing I've ever done.

Crocospect22 said:

This next part is a quote

[Everyone have their preference and opinion, for me that's how he looks like because who else can be..
Many people keep saying he looks a bit like Ayanokouji which even makes no sense, but they both actually have no common except the willingless to help a girl but they have totally different prespective.]

When I quoted you here I was talking about how their personalities, what you said are different from each other where Arrrraragi and Hachimans are different to the mc not the looks.

Also what is this? Why are you so salty about this lol, so why is it bland just because some aspects are following monogatari formula? There are many anime who keep following one formula from other anime and it is fine. In anime industry, nothing wrong at all. And btw i have seen nobody compare this anime too much with Monogatari and saying it's shit, because except the part where the mc tries to save the heroine, they both are different. Different art style, different story, different animation and different character personality.

-First of all not salty I directly say this is a good show in my first sentence.

-Second, I said blander, not bland.

-Third, if an anime keeps following a format from another show that is fine like you said but it doesn't make the show creative and makes a genre seem repetitive e.g. Darling in the Franxx

-Fourth, I don't remember calling it shit just that some characters are a little too close in character roles.

-Fifth, the differences make it worse than Monogatari but that doesn't mean it was a bad show.

My main problem with the show is that it's similar enough to Monogatari to compare them and when they are compared Bunny Girl is inferior in almost every way. An example would be the explanation characters Meme, yes I call him that, and science teacher, I'm too ignorant to remember her name. Memes way of explanation is fun and the supernatural shit is fucking amazing but the first thing science teacher explains is Schrodinger's cat, something Game Theory taught me when I was 10 AND it had nothing to do with it if you think about it because Schrodinger's theory is that there are two worlds were the cat is dead or alive due to a POISON while in the anime if you take what it's saying into the context of the theory, the cat hid in the box, with the poison because people kept on asking if it was alive or dead.

PS I actually would enjoy the show if I didn't watch Monogatari first.

Well now i got your points but still it depends on every people perspectives. For a person who already watched all monogatari series, i actually really enjoy this show maybe because not too many anime adapting same formula like Monogatari series did and that's why it's not unique but not mainstream like another romance anime nowadays who being released and i know everyone have their own opinions about it not stands on my personal opinion only.

I like the mc because he isn't your typical mainstream harem/romance mc, yes maybe he is probably a "rip-off" of araragi, hachiman or oreki but back again, with a lot of shit rocom anime nowadays this is actually a quite refreshing for having mc like this again for a while..
Crocospect22Oct 16, 2018 10:57 AM
Oct 16, 2018 12:58 PM
Aug 2018
So far it looks pretty good. Though after rewatching the first episode I couldn't shake the feeling that the show would soon slip into genericism. I feel like I'm willing to suspend my disbelief about the adolescent syndrome thing assuming that it's purpose is as a plot device to bring the two closer together. So far looking like a somewhat less fantastical more romance focused Bakemonogatari.

Looking forward to the rest of the show.
Oct 16, 2018 1:13 PM
Aug 2018
AX3M said:
joe_g7 said:
True. And trying to convince myself otherwise isn't gonna change that.
Pretty sure it's bad pacing, but two weeks has passed after the first episode, plus they had a "fight" since, and nope, it's their chemistry (opinionated, I know). So it still makes within the story's context.
In fairness they haven't kissed or even had to much romantic tension, sure they slept in the same bed but Sakuta turned down the kiss or was at least to slow to get it. I guess you could say that they are dating because they went on one date but neither has admitted to anything beyond physical attraction either internally or externally. Even if it is bad pacing I think it's more interesting to have a story about two people in a relationship then the tired trope of admitting to being in love right at the end.
Oct 16, 2018 4:00 PM

Jun 2015
Nicely executed, the atmosphere is relaxed and calm but the progress is decided and fast, a lot happened and I loved it, all because of the smoothness and the natural way they made everything flow.
Best couple, best MC.

Oct 17, 2018 8:30 PM

May 2010
I was fully expecting a scene when he bought underwear from the store....very disappointed lol.
Oct 18, 2018 2:42 AM

Sep 2017
I am really loving it so far

ボールルームダンサー
Oct 18, 2018 3:31 AM

Jun 2017
This was a good episode but this series is not for me so I am gonna drop it
Oct 19, 2018 12:50 PM

May 2017
I'm really liking whatever it is this show is doing. The dialogue, artwork, background, and music are all great. These two MCs are carrying the show wonderfully with their blunt conversations. Also the butt joke in the park was hilarious.
Oct 21, 2018 8:55 AM

Sep 2018
Really enjoying it so far. I like the animation style a lot.
Oct 21, 2018 8:45 PM

Nov 2017
Something interesting about Futaba is she actually looks like Futaba from persona 5.
Best take away from this episode:

Until an observer confirms the existence, it is not confirmed...
🔹🔹🔷🔷 PRECISION IS MY INSPIRATION! 🔷🔷🔹🔹

Oct 22, 2018 11:33 AM
May 2018
I almost didn't watch this anime because of it's title (bunny girl sounds just ecchi) but I'm so very glad I gave it a chance. The characters are great, the art is quite good and the story is very simple but really interesting. Just love MC's straightforward personality and behavior, he actually kicked the girl's butt!, I sure didn't expect that.
It kinda reminds me of Sakurada Reset and Classroom of Elite, two anime I didn't think I'd watch and ended up enjoying quite a bit.

Got high hopes for this one.
Oct 22, 2018 2:49 PM

Dec 2014
absolutely lovin it
i thought i would never find a show similar to monogatari series
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Oct 23, 2018 8:10 AM

Jul 2015
Man I love this main character. I relate to him so hard lol.

caught in the wonder
Oct 24, 2018 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
i absolutely loved this. the romance is so simple and their relationship is believable, even if they developed it pretty fast. their personalities make it work perfectly. the tension is just right, it's not just a slow burn for the slow burn, it seems calculated to make you tense and then relax you with something pure and sweet that reminds you that these two are definitely growing feelings for each other. i really wasn't expecting to see a nice romance when i started watching this, so the surprise is even better. i also love the whole philosophy behind her syndrome but honestly that's just background for their relationship, at least for me
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Oct 26, 2018 3:55 AM

Nov 2013
The flashback with the swimsuit photo shoot was damn creepy.

Even though her mother is a terrible person, it was sad that she didn't remember her.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 28, 2018 6:58 PM
Mar 2014
Promising episode. Idk if there will be a dub, but I'd watch it
Oct 31, 2018 9:04 AM

May 2017
this was so much better than episode 1.. like MUCH better..
Nov 1, 2018 8:56 AM

Oct 2013
Fuck, this episode was a rollercoaster... Sakuta and Mai are so adorable and their chemistry and banter are both a delight! I have to confess this anime is much different than I expected based on the poster and memes.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 4, 2018 8:23 PM
Aug 2017
I was so immersed in this episode It felt like an hour
Nov 6, 2018 6:09 AM
Feb 2012
This show is a huge breath of fresh air so far, the feeling of sincerity it gives off makes me feel all tingly.

I really, really hope this goes in a good direction.
Nov 13, 2018 12:00 PM

May 2016
I'm really loving this, every scene reached my heart literally and the romance between Sakuta and Mai is just way too good I haven't felt like this in ages haha :3
Nov 15, 2018 10:49 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This has gotten a lot of interesting, I really like the plot and the characters so far, the main guy might become one of my favorites, he's smart, straightforward and dependable, very rare protagonist indeed.
It's got to hurt so bad having your mother forget you completely, still, strangers forgetting about you isn't that impacting in comparison, I wonder if she will eventually fade into naught by the end of the show, not only visually, but from everybody's memory, it's like having Sugar (from One Piece) turn you into a toy.
I never thought Schrodinger's cat theory could be explained in such a basic manner that it could be understood that easily, of course, a lot more goes into it, it's like indirectly referring to some Steins;Gate degree shit.
I really love the development of their relationship, her Tsundere side matches really well with the protagonist's honest attitude, and then there is the other girl he said he's in love with, she looks like her and everybody seems to have forgotten about her too, did she like change her name and forgot about it or something?
The girl that kicked him at the park looks like she's going to be a familiar face from now on, maybe even steal the spotlights from Mai, but then again, she could also be just there to cause more drama, however, my theory on Mai being the girl from Sakuta's flashback puts her in the dangerous zone of the childhood friends, we all know how they all end up.
Nov 18, 2018 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
I just love the way Sakuta speaks his mind. I like this kind of MC, being honest.

I'm really amazed of how good his relationship with Mai works. Their dialogs and interactions are just great and believable at the same time. It just felt so natural.

Great episode!

P.S.: So... uhm... the little girl was able to find her mom in the end, right? ;_;
Nov 25, 2018 1:49 AM

Jul 2009
Much more eventful than the first episode, even if the whole thing is still a bit vague. So everyone in school still remembers Mai? That's interesting. I'm guessing her and Sakuta will get some of the classmates involved in a grand scheme to unravel the mystery behind the Adolescent Syndrome.
Nov 26, 2018 12:32 AM
Nov 2018
I love this episode but realy i love this Romantic Anime .
now about this episode there was good dating between Sakuta and mai and i think this was great.
Nov 29, 2018 8:40 AM

May 2018
This episode focused more on the novel, which reminded me a lot about Episode 12 of Bakemonogatari, one of my favorites.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Dec 8, 2018 11:56 AM
Nov 2018
This episode was great. I'm loving the dynamic betweem the protagonist.
Dec 10, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2015
Nice milf mom is always good for show.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 21, 2018 7:37 AM

Jul 2013
I like how he hit the girl back and that he shared the bed with Mai, totally wasn't expecting these.
Dec 23, 2018 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
Aversa said:
Well a nice episode and some progression was mode between the two even if the main was late for a date.
it seems the new girl that appeared took a lot of his time but things worked out in the end.
The new girls seems problematic tho and i think we will see more of her.

Yeah im curious to see how the other girls in the opening come into play. Cause so far im really loving this exclusive Mai and (main characters name i dont remember) dynamic. Not that im against more characters, i hope it just doesnt get too sidetracked with other girls stories studio key style (not that theres anything wrong with that firmat in other shows. Kinda a sucker for it actually.). I do like the inclusion of Kaede though, like im interested in the two girls that the main actually has a reason to care about, not just weird pedo-stopper butt-kick girl. Guess ill just see how it pans out though. Also getting some big "Your Name." Vibes, with adolescent syndrome, going on a trip to solve it, the couple of friends who help with the issue. Just really glad that ive found a good anime when i thought i had wirked my way through them all and had to settle for what trash was left over.
Dec 27, 2018 5:10 AM

Nov 2018
Is it just me or is Sakuta and Mai's relationship escalated quickly? I was surprised for sure to see the last minutes of this episode. And also the adolescent problem is funny somehow, both him and her. I'll see more of this in next episodes I believe, but at least I'm getting the feeling that 13 episodes for this anime is not enough - feels like 20ish is needed. Just my feeling on the counting.
Jan 1, 2019 6:07 PM

May 2013
Their relationship is progressing nicely C:

I wish Mai-chan gave him more of her lol. I guess holding hands and sharing a bed is a good start xD

Love Sakkun so much when he teases her XD it's so flirty and sexy ;D ;D
They're kind of a fairly mellow pairing :}
Jan 1, 2019 11:57 PM
Aug 2015
Nope, can't find anything inhrently good in this show.
Everything feel so mechanical, sterelized, these characters are freaking statues. I see a lot of people appreciate the dialogues and their relation, but I just can't feel any genuine alchemy between them so far. Also, I've seen this "girl dissapears from people sight and memories" plot too many times.
I think it will get better but this is almost surrealist. A good point is that Mai and Sakuta aren't your average immature-blushing-teens-at-the-simple-idea-of-holding-hands.
Jan 2, 2019 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
Damn their conversations are gold.
Jan 5, 2019 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
I'm glad they addressed the thing about the objects Mai holds, because I spent a long time after the first episode thinking about why no one was reacting to a floating custard bun.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 6, 2019 10:48 PM

Jan 2017
The story so far has that Twilight Zone vibe.
Jan 10, 2019 10:38 PM

May 2012
The episodic pacing is really good, really still love the setting and looking forwards to see the next episode and the story unravel!
Jan 15, 2019 8:23 AM
Jul 2014
really hate forced drama driven by supernatural bullshit
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.