Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2018 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
damn the dude is relentless he's basically blackmailing them
Oct 16, 2018 12:12 PM
Aug 2011
I'm impressed they've drawn some semblance of nipples on these dudes, you don't see that very often.
F R E E T H E N I P P L E
Oct 17, 2018 10:21 AM

Oct 2011
Two episodes and I'm hyping already hahaha
Oct 19, 2018 12:26 AM
Jun 2016
Interesting show so far....

Haiji is a demon.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Oct 23, 2018 2:48 PM

May 2016
I feel bad that it doesn't get much attention when other shitty shows get it.
Haiji is so far the best character.
Oct 28, 2018 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
LOL poor Musa, "It's wrong to think someone can run fast just because they're black!" That's gonna suck, he has to maintain his grades because he's being supported by the government, he seems to be the smartest one anyway so I'm not worried but he also has to work at the croquette shop while participating in Haiji's marathon club.

Haiji is high key creeping on everyone. I can't imagine Akane running. He looks like a boy version of Haruko Haruhara from FLCL. He's so skinny plus he spends most of his time doing non-strenuous activities such as reading manga and books. Even in the OP song he was left behind. In the preview, he's flat and dead.

Both Haiji and Kakeru are hard-headed so they both passed out in the hot bath. That old man is a beast though, he spends every night in that hot bath.
่‡ญใ„-
Oct 29, 2018 9:34 PM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
He is a Devil!!!! kekeke
Nov 1, 2018 8:16 AM
Aug 2014
This episode kinda pissed me off.

The extent of the "blackmailing" kinda upset me, even if the author intended it to be some sort of comedy flavor of some sort.

It just ruins the atmosphere of a supposed-to-be pure-ish shonen anime.

But I hope the plot doesn't ruin my enjoyment experience (especially because it looks like everyone is just forced to it by their circumstances)
Nov 26, 2018 3:35 AM

Mar 2017
Haiji you sly bastard :')
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 28, 2018 12:45 PM

Sep 2018
Really nice to watch this episode, not because it was original, after all the narrative has followed a predictable track with regard to the plot, but the merit is of the characters and Haji, excellent drawings and OST.
Apr 25, 2019 9:18 PM

Feb 2018
Um... just what percentage of the show are these guys going to be naked? I get the creators are female and are sort of angling for that audience but man, a lot of naked dudes.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 5, 2019 6:31 AM

Dec 2013
This is getting really interesting. I feel bad for the Prince he looks so traumatized that he sees Haiji as ogre lmao. I wonder what Kakeru went through during college. Haiji so cheeky using their weaknesses lmao

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

May 8, 2019 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
Haiji can't be refused.
May 20, 2019 9:26 AM

May 2013
Haiji <333333

Run with him already, baka Kakeru >.>

Typical "something happened in my past that I can't do what I love now even though it keeps eating away at me" type of backstory hahahah ;P he'll cave soon enough ^.^

Poor manga boi lmao. He's gonna need a lot of werk done on his scrawny self xD they should prolly have him run first if all 10 members gotta run :3
Jun 11, 2019 2:10 AM
Jun 2017
My boy Haiji is manipulative as fuck.
Aug 1, 2019 4:46 PM
Apr 2016
Everyone was really reluctant, he managed to get almost all of them to run at the end, though. The contest was pretty funny at the end.
Sep 27, 2019 8:25 AM

Mar 2015
The manga nerd is funny!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 22, 2020 9:54 AM
Jan 2016
i'm down for the interactions between the members. and haiji with his manipulations too.
Mar 22, 2020 4:16 AM

Oct 2009
It's becoming better and better! =)
Jul 6, 2020 5:41 AM

Jun 2015
Once again prefacing this with the fact that this is my fourth rewatch so I will be focusing on details.

This is a buildup episode and we see Haiji's strategy to get the whole group to join the ekiden team through a series of humorous scenes. We are also given more insight into each character's personality and interests; in particular Kakeru's past. I really like how they differentiated past and present through the use of color by having his past be monochrome and faded colors except for the focus of his past trauma. Paired with this is ominous music. I also liked the Haiji is an oni joke, which is a repeating gag we see at the onsen scene and also when he gives Ouji the cardboard boxes which has a picture of an oni on it.

I also particularly liked the line Nico-senpai said, about it being a change of pace (kibun ten kan). When I first watched kazetsuyo, this line stuck with me and I also wanted a change of pace. I think Nico-senpai was the first one to really want to join Haiji in running for the ekiden because of his past in track and field. We see that he is attempting to quit smoking by how Yuki couldn't smell the smoke. We also see he tried to see if he could still run like he used to by Yuki finding his sneakers in the shoe locker and when he ran into Kakeru at the park. I think a part of him longs to be who he was in the past, but he is afraid to meet it head on right now as he has not told Haiji he's interested in joining. But by the fact that Haiji has not talked to him out of everyone, perhaps Haiji knew he would be the easiest to sway out of the group.

I would also like to note the details in the ED animation for the song "Reset". I love how it showed the passing of a year through the use of seasonal flowers (which hold value and is a part of the culture as Japan has four distinct seasons). In the beginning, we see Nira the dog with budded morning glories in the rain and it cuts to Haiji running and we see hydrangeas, so we can assume this is around June. Then we see yellow flowers which I am not too sure about but they might be canola flowers. Then we see Haiji running across the bridge past cosmos flowers, which bloom late August to early October. Then it cuts to him walking along the frozen riverbank in the winter while snow is everywhere. Finally, we see him running toward the sunrise. We realize it is summer again as he arrives at Aotake and the morning glories are in full bloom and there is hint of past rain with the rain puddles on the ground. (Note: morning glories bloom in summer).

Till next time!
May 29, 2021 10:58 AM

Aug 2018
Haiji and Kakeru are both so stubborn haha

Aug 21, 2021 12:00 AM

Aug 2021
I'm loving the ost and the comic scenes

This ep felt better paced than the previous one and the artstyle is really beautiful
Jun 24, 2022 4:31 AM

Feb 2021
if you can't convince them, bribe them.

he did manage to persuade the members, albeit against their will, but there's no point to it if motivation, determination and cooperation are absent. obviously this is where the premise and relationship/s start building up, so i'll be expecting drama very soon? not that it hadn't already started with Kurahara being way on edge.
Mar 9, 2023 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao Haiji made me crack up so many times this episode, loved the bribes and how the bath just "broke".
Jul 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Jan 2021
Characters are fine but I dislike very long introduction
Jul 17, 2023 3:54 PM
Aug 2022
Im on the edge of my seat to turn off the second it turns geh, im on watch. 

The insistent maniac is a manipulative dick but his doggo is extremely adorable. 
Dec 16, 2023 6:45 PM
Jul 2017
decent ep, seems to slowly be building up
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.