Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 14, 2018 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
The start is a bit good then they go to another world and I'm like "oooh it's that kind of show but it could be fun".

The little fight they had with that monster thingie was average and the flying raccoon thingie is a little annoying but I can work with it however I can't work with a character that changes his personality in every other scene like dude where is the consistency, it's like in one scene he is the protective rational character and in the other he is the pervert who wanna get laid.

And don't get me started on how unnatural thier reactions were when they got teleported and asked to have sex.

I'm gonna keep watching just in case but I doubt it can fix the damage that happened in this episode alone.

The idea sound great but from what I've seen in this episode they will poorly execute it.
Oct 15, 2018 4:03 PM
Jan 2015
Nayout said:
Bronos23 said:
Why people still adapt source called GAME?

The incentive sales of the Plus version that will come out for PS4? If Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus managed to sell more than 100k in Japan, it was thanks to the anime.

Where can I find the original picture for your banner.
Oct 15, 2018 6:25 PM

Dec 2015
Mana really remind me to Monokuma from Danganronpa.....
Oct 15, 2018 7:30 PM

Sep 2015
lazyking88 said:
Nayout said:

The incentive sales of the Plus version that will come out for PS4? If Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus managed to sell more than 100k in Japan, it was thanks to the anime.

Where can I find the original picture for your banner.

is from Lord of Vermillion III art
http://www.lordofv.com/lov3/multimedia/
http://www.lordofv.com/lov3/multimedia/wallpaper/pc_lov_wp2.jpg
Oct 16, 2018 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
What's the point of presenting a theme you know you can't show to general audience because this is not ecchi / hentai? I'm trying to appreciate it from other aspects like plot, visual, music. but this is just trash. okay the symphonic music at the beginning is quite good but if that's all i can download the OST later
Oct 16, 2018 10:39 PM

Feb 2018
Where seiko scene :(
Oct 16, 2018 11:02 PM
Oct 2018
I'll be the first to admit I went into this ready to hate it. If I'm being totally honest, I was enthusiastic about the exciting prospect of hating it. In a lot of ways, I was disappointed.

Some years ago I played Conception to pass the time on a ship. WiFi was spotty, the company I kept was lackluster, and I was limited to the entertainment that I brought with me. That being said, Conception was so morally disgusting to me that boredom was the more viable alternative.
Sometimes, you can enjoy art despite or even in spite of certain elements it may contain that you otherwise don't enjoy. This was not the case with Conception the game, as the central concept was all that there was to it. The worldbuilding, battles, dialogue, everything always came back to the central gimmick.
Call me old fashioned, but saving the world using my "SS-Class" "super-virility" and "star impregnating" "celestial-virg-Imeanpriestesses" does not sound like a healthy fantasy to indulge.
I dropped the game rather quickly.

Fast forward to 2018, and my initial reaction to seeing that a Conception anime exists is disappointment. The fact that someone was going through the IP bin and thought Conception had merit enough to adapt to animation deeply saddened me.

I make some excuses to myself on why I needed to watch the pilot. Mostly to disguise from myself the shadenfreude of knowing I was about to witness some "so bad it's good" terribleness; or if I'm extra lucky, "so bad it's horrible."

And... It was disappointing. Mostly exposition. Barely animated. Barely adapted. Then I noticed the "A-1 pictures face" and everything made sense.
They took a source material with a famously... raunchy premise and created something completely raunchless. Still images pan past the camera as a generic mascot expouses exposition. Everything about the anime was so joyless that I started to feel sorry for it more than I felt disgusted by it. And mind you, the vile, insidious, deeply disturbing core of the source material is still there in full force. Conception the anime pays off that premise so anemically that it's not even worth the catharsis of indignation.

If you enjoy lifeless adaptations of problematic source material and boring cheesecake, Conception is for you.

PS: Conception is more morally dubious than its seasonal contemporary Goblin Slayer. Changemymind.meme
Oct 19, 2018 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
What in the hell was that?
Oct 22, 2018 6:03 AM

Jun 2013
What the fuck was that? Impregnate 12 girls to save the world?! Seriously?!
Oct 25, 2018 5:53 AM

Nov 2013
this show sounds stupid as hell but the 1st episode gave me a bit of fun :v
now if only they had shown some more ecchi, it would be perfect hahaha

but damn, 12 girls, at least there will be some cute ones =D

edit: the show looked like it was a little bad animated, half the time they didn't even move mouth to speak ...
winddevil1Oct 25, 2018 5:57 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 26, 2018 4:09 AM

May 2014
What the hell was this? This is a joke right? This was so stupid. It reminds me of HxH.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 29, 2018 2:55 AM
Mar 2014
This sure was an... interesting... episode...
Nov 8, 2018 5:29 PM

Aug 2018
That little raccoon thing is quite the perv.
Nov 14, 2018 1:38 PM

Mar 2015
Total sh~t, worse than the game in my opinion. This anime was so ridiculously stupid that I couldn't even finish the first episode.

I played Conception II and it wasn't THIS STUPID! It had it's annoying moments with the pervert priest and tit bursts, but the entire game didn't force stupid ecchi fan service constantly. Some stuff was actually really cute and funny, like feeding Torri while she pretended she was a bird. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt352Uos0SQ&t=1612s

Anyways, either the first Conception game was crap or this anime did an awful job rebooting it for the remake..
Nov 15, 2018 3:58 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Wow, that was the bottom of the trash bin, I mean, really, couldn't they just release it as a hentai and call it a day? I mean, it's just that shallow, in fact, so shallow it makes High School DxD stand out like a masterpiece (good show by the way). I mean, the way the set off the story and all felt so cheap and with little to no effort, but I guess, at least we didn't get a virgin hot-headed protagonist, too many damn Isekai have those, but the way the screwed this over in so many ways still doesn't have that as a quirk.
It would have been great if he had been transported to the other world while she was still telling him on her pregnancy.
This doesn't seem to have a proper episode labeling on MAL, I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'm guessing that it's going to span 12 episodes, looking upon the 12 priestess he has to get pregnant.
It's not really a great series to look forward to, I'm just going to keep watching with 0 hopes for it to get good, because I think it's already steeped too low that there is no way it's getting better, one doesn't become royalty straight out from a trash bin. Weird flex, but ok.
Dec 4, 2018 12:20 PM

Sep 2016
So, a hentai without sex and nothing interesting? Dropped
Dec 13, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2011
Hmmm....Its really a ridiculous plot. But I'll give it more episodes.

Dec 19, 2018 3:19 PM
Feb 2016
I'm halfway in my opinion. On one half, it's great to see something a little different. But on the other hand, I'm kind of disturbed that they make children, let them be send to a foster home to get trained, only for them to be send to battle.

It sometimes feels a lot like they are only child soldiers. I mean, the MC tries his best to care and protect them from those impurities, but still... I know that I shouldn't take it so serious and that's also the reason why I gave it a five and not one like I first wanted to do.
Jan 16, 2019 3:20 AM

Jul 2016
This is epic. What's actually disturbing is when people give disgusting yandere anime like Happy Sugar Life better reception than many anime with mentally healthy characters.

And that nurse can tie me to a bed. ;)
Jan 31, 2019 6:55 PM
Feb 2018
Stupid plot, the characters are awkward, the forced sex as cousins is wrong, the dub is fine, but wtf did I just watch.
Mar 23, 2019 9:13 PM
Mar 2019
Why?! Why do I have to check the official website for details, you're supposed to explain this crap. It's called exposition! Obviously I know this anime is ridiculously stupid and I'm only watching it as a hate-watch because of a 20-minute Mother's Basement video I watched about it on YouTube. "Top 5 Worst Anime of 2018"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Y0g8qmkiE
May 24, 2019 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
wtf i justs watched just whan i thought hatem plots cant gett any crazier 😂

it was written all over their faces, they have hots for each other and wanted to do itvfor a long time jyst couln't admit it and new they hava a excuse to do it so its not forced like some say

but seems entertaining and funy
Aug 19, 2019 8:48 PM

Oct 2014
Been a while since I've seen a show that's outright distasteful and worthless as this one.
May 16, 2020 9:48 PM
May 2019
This was just so bad that I had to treat it like a comedy. Seems to have worked that way, since this show is ultimately just a joke as a whole. There is nothing to derive from this show, other than enjoyment, of course, due to the ridiculous plot.
Oct 6, 2020 12:22 PM
Aug 2020
This is so boring!!!
Apr 19, 2021 9:08 PM

Oct 2020
It feels like the first episode was just spouting some random bullshit around to make it more interesting
Aug 19, 2021 11:34 AM

Aug 2017
The animation is almost non-existent, characters are annoying and wtf that ending.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 1, 2021 4:03 PM

Jan 2019
There are episodes that don't need a comment... This is one of them.
Feb 27, 2022 11:15 PM

Feb 2021
this looks like one of those so bad it's good series, I surprisingly enjoyed it. The character designs looked pretty lazy tho. I'll probably keep watching
Jun 14, 2022 10:26 AM
Jun 2022
HowHow bolok namn nito
Sep 10, 2022 11:55 AM

Jun 2020
LMFAO...... This is my first lol anime xD
Sep 11, 2022 7:30 PM
Dec 2017
three words to describe this adaptation

big fucking yikes

Sep 18, 2022 1:43 PM

Aug 2022
anime podre, até um cachorro faria algo melhor
Apr 18, 2023 1:30 AM
Oct 2017
This whole thing had 'PAUSE, HOLD UP!' Written all over it. They could've said 'That isn't going to work for us because we're blood relatives,NO!' but they didn't! They sure love cousin bumpin in anime...
Mar 6, 10:45 AM

Nov 2013
The cringe is strong with this one.
You all need to watch Nami.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Conception Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2018

22 by bronyneder »»
Dec 9, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Conception Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

68 by Aditya_07__ »»
Mar 9, 2023 4:06 PM

Poll: » Conception Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

26 by OnlyKimi »»
Jan 2, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Conception Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2018

19 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 12, 2022 5:38 AM

Poll: » Conception Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

16 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 12, 2022 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.