Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2018 11:55 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Reading this volume gave me the feeling that being a misfit in the real world is the condition to be brought unto Grimgar. I can tell that even Moguzo fit that category in the society.

So Merry survived. She did. Though the first chapter was so harsh for Haru and the rest. Those monsters not even giving them the time to collect themselves and then suddenly, dying to Jessie's hands not even giving Haru the chance for revenge. That was really tilting.

But all the events including Merry this volume happened too fast. Its like the author is telling you already that Merry will be save so just read the flow and take it. So I guess the important notes here is that Jessie's memories or whatever will be pass down to Merry and they'll have more clue to the mystery of Grimgar, is that it?

Anyway, we get to see Ranta's POV again. He's self-centered as usual but its kinda fun to see how hard to predict whatever he is going to do with his life. And seeing him trying with anguish to find the place for him makes him more likable to me than every other idiotically strong Shounen protagonists.

The afterword says the next volume is more lighter and fluffy. I can't help but doubt that.
Oct 12, 2018 7:53 AM

May 2017
So no haru x merry moments this vol ? Well this sucks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2018 11:45 PM
Sep 2015
One question is whether or not it's just "Merry but now with the memories of thousands of others" or "Merry with thousands of other souls occupying her body, with the more recently dead ones like Jessie being more prominent".

I really hope Jessie's "Simulations all the way down, and glitches transported us from Earth Simulation to Grimgar Simulation" hypothesis from last episode proves false.
Dec 20, 2019 8:31 AM

Aug 2016
kalinime said:
One question is whether or not it's just "Merry but now with the memories of thousands of others" or "Merry with thousands of other souls occupying her body, with the more recently dead ones like Jessie being more prominent".

I really hope Jessie's "Simulations all the way down, and glitches transported us from Earth Simulation to Grimgar Simulation" hypothesis from last episode proves false.

I mean, this Merry situation was kinda predictable from volume 10 afterword, but still. I hope Setora won't just give up on Haruhiro like this, even though, both Haru and Merry are into each other clearly. Who knows how memories of previous... lifes will affect Merry now.

Anyway, as I said on volume before, Grimgar is about mystery, hardwork adventure and lovable, realistic characters. Even though there are some flashes of great finally pointing on Souma looking for meaning of this world and how they get there, Grimgar for me is just about living a life. Some questions don't need an answers. I so far don't want to know at all, how they got to Grimgar. It would ruin a unique premise of all them suddenly just start living in fantasy world. I just wish for them to finally arrive to Alterna or similar place and have moment of peace, finally, after 4 volumes of running for their lives.

Said all that, Haruhiro's party of "Goblin Slayers" from art on first page, they looks dope as F and I hope for them to have some kind of passive recognition, after coming back as battle hardened veteran with Haruhiro excelent stealth/backstab abilities, Shihoru's own magic, Yume's and Kuzaku's swordsmanship, Merry, the priest with magic, Setora, necromancer from hidden village and possibly Ranta, as finally efficient and bit considerate Dread knight.

Speaking of Ranta, even though I had fun with him not being there previous volume, it looks like he got some character development, finally, maybe even making him sort of likeable. I am interest of them reuniting?

Anyway, let them have a moment of piece, finally. They deserve it. They are just human beings after all... well maybe not so for Merry from now on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Chapter 19 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 22

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 22, 8:42 PM

» Volume 3 review what do you like about it the most

Hello0809 - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Zirotaku »»
Feb 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 17 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 17, 2023 7:50 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 15 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Aug 7, 2020

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 AM

» Will it ever end?

Yuyu-haku-bro - Sep 11, 2021

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.