Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2018 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The opening shows Ning apparently going either crazy or evil, and I think it will be because she's jealous of her sister, as shown in this episode. Also the way she lost her arms was pretty fucked up. Last episode implied it was because the machines, but it was actually because a soldier cut them when she begged them to free Zhao. What a cold move to do that to a little girl.

Just a flashback episode telling the events before the beginning of the first episode. Also, RIP Fifi, you were the cutest sheep I have ever seen ;_;
Oct 8, 2018 2:38 PM

Mar 2016
This should've been episode one in my opinion. It helps you connect to the characters a lot more.
Oct 8, 2018 3:02 PM

May 2017
I'm still interested to see where the story goes, but I'll always hate the lazy and illogical "We'll take over the world by killing peasants at festival time" trope.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Oct 8, 2018 5:46 PM

Oct 2015
Poor Ning, so that's how she got her hands cut out. I'm glad we were given the back story of the siblings and Zhou.

I still don't understand why they took Zhou as a slave but not the little sister also?? Also the assassin sent for Cheng's father was a disappointment to get killed like that.

I'm starting to warm up to this series.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 8, 2018 7:11 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit, longest flashback I have ever seen.
Oct 8, 2018 7:52 PM

Oct 2012
The art's not that great with CGI that doesn't blend too well and poor proportions like the tiny sheep. However, the story has been pretty engaging and even though the (evil) empire has caused a ton of tragedy theirs a ton of warmth between the main characters.
Oct 8, 2018 9:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I'm surprised we got a flashback episode right after the first one. That drama between the sisters and Zhou I really don't like, after seeing the scenarios happen. They were young, so I suppose it makes sense that good-natured Yin would want to back off and let here sister "have" Zhou. Still, I don't understand why anyone would ever think backing off and letting some "have" another person would actually work because there's no consideration for the person of interest. Clearly Zhou liked Yin, and both sisters could see that. Meh. I really hope that's not the reason why Ning will seemingly become...bad? as foreshadowed in the OP. Maybe she won't become bad, but she will cut herself off from Yin? Hard to tell. But I am still interested.

I'd like to see Zhou's side of thing. Will he really work for the Empire?
Oct 8, 2018 9:46 PM

May 2016
That was a little better than the first episode. Hopefully they'll settle down with the pacing in future episodes.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Oct 8, 2018 10:50 PM

Mar 2009
That was brutal. Poor girl.
Oct 9, 2018 4:34 AM

May 2012
Better than 1st episode. I'm liking this show so far
Oct 9, 2018 10:42 AM

May 2018
Oh a flashback, showing how Ning got her arms cut off, that's cruel, in fact she is supposed to be DEAD, since having both arms cut off like that would have surely caused massive bleeding , but not as cruel as Zhou who becomes a salve. but in the end he is now enemies with Yin since he has now accepted the job for them Taiban guys.

I can believe that Zhou at the early age already has a harem with the sisters.

I wonder what will provoke Ning to be a bad girl , soon????
JiangHaoyi1979Oct 9, 2018 10:51 AM
Oct 11, 2018 9:26 PM
May 2013
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Oh a flashback, showing how Ning got her arms cut off, that's cruel, in fact she is supposed to be DEAD, since having both arms cut off like that would have surely caused massive bleeding , but not as cruel as Zhou who becomes a salve. but in the end he is now enemies with Yin since he has now accepted the job for them Taiban guys.

I can believe that Zhou at the early age already has a harem with the sisters.

I wonder what will provoke Ning to be a bad girl , soon????

Don't put logic in anime. This anime got magic summon puppet, magic energy, magic weapons.
Oct 13, 2018 1:06 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was much better than the first episode, but still meh
HENTAI
IS
ART
Oct 13, 2018 2:35 AM

Dec 2014
Really enjoying this so far looking forward to seeing how the story pans out in the nest few episodes
Oct 14, 2018 8:55 AM

Jun 2013
that was meh except the part where she gets her hands cut off
Oct 23, 2018 6:12 AM
Mar 2012
Nice awkward little love triangle back story, and lots weighing on Ning's mind both regret & guilt. Sheep & peasants didn't deserve to die, & they're more useful alive.
Lol mechanical energy source keeps changing, just stay with the usual mana magic.
Ruthless king, but he was portrayed as a good 'father role' to her.
Nov 30, 2018 12:06 PM

Nov 2013
A necessary flashback episode.

The part with the assassin was good. Too bad, that he could only take down the Emperor. Also, I'm curious who his client is.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 23, 2019 4:47 PM

May 2010
Alright alright, they slowed down for me this episode. I can see where this is going, basically the guy and the two girls are gonna go up against each other. Pretty twisted story, but at least it is different!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 13 Discussion

winddevil1 - Dec 24, 2018

16 by Bugg1211 »»
Nov 7, 2023 12:26 AM

» Will there be a 2nd season?

Ash_In_Space - Aug 24, 2023

0 by Ash_In_Space »»
Aug 24, 2023 9:31 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 8 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 19, 2018

15 by nightcrawlercyp »»
Jul 11, 2019 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 10 Discussion

winddevil1 - Dec 3, 2018

10 by Confucius »»
Feb 24, 2019 7:27 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 6 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 5, 2018

10 by Confucius »»
Feb 24, 2019 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.