Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BAKI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2018 7:49 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You can never drop your guard against these criminals, they always have a hidden weapon.
Way to go Kozue, Hanayama was never that scared.
Oct 8, 2018 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
Kozue was awesome this episode.
Oct 8, 2018 10:17 AM

Nov 2016
Having pipes in your body, well that's some weird shit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 8, 2018 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
The animation was less than average, but i've seen worse. I liked Kozue's discuss with Hanayama: she has more balls than some guys in this show. And the next cap probably we're going to see Jack in action, i can't wait. Do you remember Sikorsky? Poor of him, he's not going to know the defeat: He takes the biggest Ls in anime history lmao. I'll say it was a good episode after all.
removed-userOct 8, 2018 1:06 PM
Oct 9, 2018 1:42 AM
Nov 2009
Baki just wants to get laid that's why he's been performing worse than usual.
Oct 9, 2018 8:38 AM
Oct 2018
The animation was worse even for baki anime adaptation standards

kozue literally looked like a dude for some frames
Oct 9, 2018 9:18 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! Shibukawa Gouki did it again! He dislocated Oliva's right wrist!
Underground fighter vs deathrow inmate! sounds cool!
5/5.

Dec 26, 2018 8:55 AM

Oct 2012
Oh hey it's Kosho the "cord cutter"
I prefer his bro though.. the Doctor Shinogi Kureha

Haha Strydom.. an old friend? I thought he's a slave for Yuujiro :P

Apparently Kozue is growing up faster than Baki, it's nice to see her like that
Now I can finally forget Kozue in tournament arc xD

Kosho wasn't that OP though, he shouldn't able to win against Doyle
"Signature removed"
Jan 2, 2019 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
Can someone explain what exactly the conversation between Kozue and Hanayama meant? I didn't get it.
Jan 2, 2019 6:47 PM
Aug 2017
Hold up, she actually got raped?
Feb 20, 2019 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
This show is all over the place rn.
Jun 9, 2019 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
I'm starting to think all these dudes are just always looking for a fight lol doesn't even matter if it makes sense or not.
Dec 22, 2019 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
Cord-cutter Kosho vs hidden blades Doyle, this will make for an interesting fight i hope

Damn Kozue has grown some balls, now onto baki growing some

May 3, 2020 3:59 AM

Mar 2012
Is Hanayama just stalking Baki every time he goes out with Kozue? That whole scene felt so lame. Baki's development started dragging down the moment he became Champion and now it's even worse with Kozue.

He doesn't even feel like the main focus of the show anymore with all of the major fights being split between minor characters like Koushou lol. Even Yuujiro, the most important character in the show other than Baki, has barely gotten any screentime.
Jun 6, 2020 5:39 PM

Aug 2013
It is pretty apparent how different the show has gotten. Definitely still think the first arc with Baki as a kid training to beat Yujiro was the peak. The show doesn't even have a story anymore. Katsumi just randomly asked Kosho if he felt like fighting? It's like the author just randomly remembered Kosho existed and decided to have him fight.

I like Kosho, but it's getting ridiculous how Baki (The MC) still hasn't done jack shit. Also, it's so obvious Kosho is gonna lose so this fight barely has any stakes. It'll be the same shit as Kato Vs Dorian where it's just used as a hype tool for the convict. Guarantee Doyle gets completely fodderized by a main character right after the Kosho fight.
Dec 13, 2020 1:58 AM
Apr 2016
How the fuck did Kosho suddenly get so much more powerful? He was real weak just a little while ago. And this is so random, why did he suddenly appear? They also showed the gangster guy episodes ago for a few minutes and never did again?
Dec 16, 2020 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
Like a lot of the others here, I'd agree that there were a lot of issues in this episode.

The biggest one for me was the part with Hanayama and Kozue. Why tf did Hanayama come out of nowhere and ask Baki a question like that? It was random, unforeseen, and seemingly irrelevant. It also breaks his character, as his personality seems to be based around politeness -- and remember when he lashed out at the short old man for expressing disappointment in Baki? And now all of the sudden, Hanayama is perceivably a dick. I mean Kuzoe was right, what he was asking of Baki (in front of his girlfriend) was a bit rude lol.

But even more-so, I have a HUGE issue with "Kozue," if that's Baki's girlfriend's name. Kozue was always just a meek, puppy-faced bystander. Sure, I'd love to see more bold and stoic women in this show, but my issue is that Kozue broke character. Out of nowhere, just all of the sudden, she gained guts and even some aggression. She went from a pansy to somewhat of a badass, lecturing both Hanayama and Baki. Her straight angry face in contrast to what we've seen of her before... it's all so new and miraculous. I don't like it.

NOW, a potential reason could be character development coupled with trauma of some sort. Kozue WAS kidnapped, remember? -- and in a pretty brutal fashion too, as her mother could have been a fatality. Maybe being a victim of the kidnapping and witnessing everything unfold (with Baki approaching the blonde Russian dude and everything) somehow inspired her to become stronger as well. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger," as they say.

I STILL disagree with the execution of this "character development" though. It was just TOO miraculous. In one episode, she's dainty. And in the next, she exhibits a sternness that was never before seen. With ZERO transition. And my advice..... there's ALWAYS gotta be a transition. Even if minute or subtle, we needed SOME kind of indication that Kozue was subject to a revolution or change of heart. Some clue. Instead of suddenly depicting her in an episode standing up to one of the scariest looking guys in the show..... who is also supposed to be on the nicer end of the spectrum, I thought, but is now trying to hook Baki up with a plethora of hoes in front of his girlfriend for no (disclosed in the episode) reason...

With some more context and a better execution, I wouldn't be so critical of this plotpoint... but because it was poorly contructed, I'd have to say this was ultimately (a large factor of what makes this) a bad episode.
Jan 6, 2021 2:25 AM

May 2016
Kozue growing a pair that's bigger than her boyfriend's was no doubt the highlight of the episode despite Hector's fight being the main attraction lmao

May 29, 2021 11:06 AM

Aug 2018
Kozue is such a fucking bitch

Jun 29, 2021 10:19 AM
Dec 2017
Amatniki said:
Kozue is such a fucking bitch

Wait, but why? That's such a weird thing to say man. Imagine you are dating a girl and some woman comes up and tells your girlfriend that she should dump your lame ass and come meet some studs. Wouldn't you be pissed off?
Jun 22, 2022 3:25 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Shinogi feels so weird o randomly dropping now.
Sep 30, 2023 1:08 PM
Sep 2023
Gereksiz duygusal anlar, konuşmaların alakasız şeylere bağlanması, karakterlerin verdikleri abartı tepkiler derken bu bölüm nefes alamayana dek gülmeme sebep oldu. Gerçekten anlatması zor olduğundan dolayı "izleyin" demekten başka yapabileceğim bir şey yok.

Unnecessary emotional moments, conversations connected to irrelevant things, exaggerated reactions of the characters, this episode made me laugh until I couldn't breathe. It's really hard to describe, so all I can say is "watch it".
Nov 4, 2023 4:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Kozue got the Baki spirit now

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baki Episode 2 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 9, 2018

21 by Licentai »»
Apr 8, 6:34 AM

» what is baki even about 💀 ☠️ 😭😭

lolylolydab - Mar 7

10 by MisterMichael »»
Mar 11, 1:59 AM

» Why does Baki feel undiscussed on MAL?

Zimmu - Mar 7

31 by Zimmu »»
Mar 9, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Baki Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Dec 16, 2018

62 by ahmet1234321 »»
Mar 8, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Baki Episode 5 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 9, 2018

24 by 0YukiPlays0 »»
Feb 25, 8:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.