Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Dating a smoker..

Oct 9, 2018 10:03 PM

Although I like to smoke -especially Habano- in social gatherings, I must say that a woman who smokes is quite far from my ideal woman, however, I could tolerate that "defect" if she has virtues or attributes that compensate for that habit.

If we talk about erotic relationships that I foresee will be short term (between 3 and 4 months), then this habit is almost indifferent to me, especially if the woman is relatively attractive

Modified by _Nemrod_, Oct 9, 2018 11:14 PM

Oct 9, 2018 10:53 PM

No thanks. Knowing they're killing themselves slowly like that is not the kind of emotional baggage I could take on.

Oct 9, 2018 11:00 PM

Cigarettes? No. Not a chance.
Weed? Sure

Oct 9, 2018 11:09 PM

I wouldn't mind as long as they know where to not smoke and have boundaries. I wouldn't like to date someone who's addicted to smoking, but casual smoking is fine.

Also, unpopular opinion: I kinda like the smell of cigarette smoke.

Oct 10, 2018 12:11 AM

I'd only allow vaping. While the long-term side effects aren't out yet, it's seems like the better option than inhaling burning leaves that all it does is damage your body even in moderation.

Maybe some occasional weed, but will let it slide if its for medicial purposes.

Oct 10, 2018 12:38 AM

I wouldn’t mind ( if he’s a casual smoker ), honestly I find guys that smoke attractive, plus there’s a particular smoke smell I like, so no problema.

Les petites histoires comme toi et moi
Ces amants blessés, ces aimants usés au cœur de la ville.

Oct 10, 2018 2:11 AM

Absolutely not. Several reasons:

-With the exception of smokers who are trying to quit, I have no trust in them. They can get pretty abusive at the mere suggestion that maybe their habit isn't healthy. It's a trend that I have unfortunately had to live through because of smokers in the family.

-Do I really want my clothes to stink of smoke?

-Do I really want a partner that stinks of smoke?

-Do I really want a partner who wastes money on their habit, when that money could go into something useful and NOT slowly killing themselves?

-I don't want to form an emotional attachment to a partner who is making the choice to slowly kill themselves.

I've been told that I'm pretty harsh but that's just how it is. I've got no tolerance for it.

Oct 10, 2018 4:24 AM

Nope, I hate the smell and even inhaling the smoke for 10 minutes makes my throat feel tight. If I had to put up with that for hours every day, I would probably pass out.
To see which challenges I'm participating in, please check the 'Active Challenges' section of my profile.

Oct 10, 2018 6:23 AM

LOL, I accidentally clicked yes.

Anyways, never. If I didn't know at first then I guess I would but if I were to find out I would either break up with them or try to help them to cut down and then quit.

Oct 10, 2018 8:32 AM

No, I don't like the smell of cigarette.
signature

Oct 10, 2018 9:27 AM

If she's not a heavy smoker and if she agrees to hold smoking at least during pregnancy it will be ok for me.

Oct 10, 2018 10:18 AM

No and especially NO because am a straight guy.
Most women smoking look so repelling cause they hold the cigarette with such an annoying flamboyant way that just makes you think she is so full of herself.

Guys are all like that when they smoke Cuban style cigars. They look like the biggest assholes ever.

Oct 10, 2018 12:03 PM

No, I'm not a big fan of the smell and it would be difficult to be around all the time.

Oct 10, 2018 12:21 PM

Fuchsia said:
I personally would for a fling, but something more serious? No way.

What about you?
Smoker of what?
Weed, cigarettes, cigars, meth? Please be specific.
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

Oct 10, 2018 12:34 PM

Smoking is literally cancer, so no.

Oct 10, 2018 12:42 PM

Smell alone makes me want to vomit.
And I don't really like the idea of developing a lung cancer.

Oct 10, 2018 12:56 PM

I can't stand people who smoke so it's a clear no from me.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

Oct 10, 2018 1:24 PM

hmm, i think it depends. preferably i wouldnt date someone who is heavily addictec cause of the rlly heavy smell but if someone was to casually smoke a cigar or something at a party i wouldnt care.

and she was powerful
not because she wasn't scared
but because she went on:

『 so strongly, despite the fear 』

Oct 10, 2018 1:43 PM

This is one of those things that you have no control over. My boyfriend is quite a heavy smoker and I find it really unsanitary and sleazy, but it is not something that stands in the way of our relationship, and it shouldn’t. He is slowly trying to lessen the habit, especially around me, and hopefully he will eventually find the will to quit entirely.

Oct 10, 2018 3:50 PM
</overrated>

No. It was annoying when my family all did it and I just don't like the smell or point of using it as a crutch.

Oct 10, 2018 4:50 PM

No, I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke.

Oct 12, 2018 11:25 AM

Same as op, maybe for a fling.

I have asthma so that's already a strike. The scent of a smoker is actually really repulsive to me so that's another strike. I once dated someone who smoked occasionally, but it always made me paranoid that they'd get lung disease or some other illness, so that's a third strike.
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

Oct 12, 2018 7:12 PM

I wouldnt want someone Im dating (aka someone I care for) to do such an unpleasant and dangerous habit. If I started dating someone, Id try to talk and convince him/her to stop that.

Oct 12, 2018 7:18 PM

If she was a really cool girl, you know with the leather jacket, tight leggings, and stylish boots, then sure, I think smoking would just add to her image. Though I will say that smoking is not an admirable habit.

Oct 12, 2018 10:57 PM

I sometimes like the smell of smoke, but I use my voice (speaking and singing) for career purposes so I actively avoid smoke. Being around smoke all the time would ruin my voice. I don't have time for that.
Enjoy your day!
Enjoy your anime!

Oct 12, 2018 11:39 PM

Fuchsia said:
What about you?

Have a relationship with someone who's gonna die 30 years sooner than me and who's gonna waste a lot of money on healthcare because of her retarded life choices.... NOPE!
Smokers are just useless weak people, mentally and physically.

Kaiigoroshi said:
Weed? Sure

Did you know that Tobacco is a weed too just like marijuana? Did you know that smoke itself is what kills and not specifically the substance that is been burnt?

Burn wood and inhale it= Toxic
Burn weed and inhale it= Toxic
Burn paper and inhale it= Toxic
Burn plastic and inhale it= Toxic

Anything that's flammable should not be breathed, it seems so obvious but there are so many idiots who believe marijuana is actually healthy... if marijuana had some health effects then take it as a pill instead of literally inhaling smoke.
Modified by Kairos_Eries, Oct 12, 2018 11:47 PM

Oct 13, 2018 5:05 AM

Kairos_Eries said:
Anything that's flammable should not be breathed, it seems so obvious but there are so many idiots who believe marijuana is actually healthy... if marijuana had some health effects then take it as a pill instead of literally inhaling smoke.
marijauna is literally healthy. smoking it is practically the only unhealthy way to consume it. even smoking it the positives outweigh the negatives by far. ofc getting high off it isnt for everyone but wait u can consume it w/o thc too. cannibis is the closest thing to a miracle drug that exists.
Chikaji said:
i, personally, would gladly be fisted by every single strong female character until my asshole explodes, permanently rendering me into a coma

Oct 13, 2018 7:11 AM

I wouldn't as I hate the smell, and that smell sticks to the person... It makes me cringe but I can be around smoker - just not date them.

My List
Hall Of Quotes
Set By Transience

Oct 13, 2018 7:51 AM

Yeah sure, I don't mind. As long as my partner won't force me to smoke too or won't smoke in front of me since I don't smoke.

Oct 13, 2018 8:03 AM

Yeah I wouldn't mind unless she is too compulsive

Oct 13, 2018 8:55 AM

Soverign said:
@katsucrats

Only briefly after succumbing to a werewolf.

I can provide links and detailed descriptions in PMs if you are interested.

Hit me up with the mf doujin lmao.

OT: I went on a date with a guy whose profile said non-smoker, but then when we went in a shop to get drinks he started talking about missing smoking and that he was probably gonna buy a pack from behind the counter.
I cringed real hard. We didn't go on a third date.

So no. I wouldn't date a smoker.

Oct 14, 2018 12:34 AM

Kairos_Eries said:
Fuchsia said:
What about you?

Have a relationship with someone who's gonna die 30 years sooner than me and who's gonna waste a lot of money on healthcare because of her retarded life choices.... NOPE!
Smokers are just useless weak people, mentally and physically.

Kaiigoroshi said:
Weed? Sure

Did you know that Tobacco is a weed too just like marijuana? Did you know that smoke itself is what kills and not specifically the substance that is been burnt?

Burn wood and inhale it= Toxic
Burn weed and inhale it= Toxic
Burn paper and inhale it= Toxic
Burn plastic and inhale it= Toxic

Its not about being toxic, its about the smell. Weed smell is fine to me, but cigarette smell is gross. Of course I'd rather the person im dating do neither but you know.

Oct 14, 2018 12:47 AM
👌

Yeah sure why not, I’ve smoked a few times before

Mace using mal 4: electric boogaloo 4:chip wreaked

Oct 14, 2018 1:09 PM

Meh, I don't think I would. I hate smoking myself so I probably wouldn't be fond of my partner smoking.

Oct 17, 2018 9:32 PM

Nope, I'd rather my man live til we both die of old age.

Oct 17, 2018 9:48 PM

I’m gonna start smoking. From what I gathered here, it seems like a good repellent.
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg

Oct 17, 2018 9:59 PM

It depends on what they are smoking. Regardless of what it may be, I wouldn't really mind that much. It's gonna be fun having to smell smoke all the time though, and even more exciting to attend their early funeral. uwu
RACCOONS

Oct 17, 2018 10:48 PM

No. I hate smelling smoke, it's one of the worst feeling I felt. I probably would if he stopped smoking.

𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨.
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫.

Oct 19, 2018 2:22 AM

No. It's bad for his health and mine also. I want us to live healthy and grow old together. Not because of lung cancer or something! I don't want that to happen.

Oct 19, 2018 2:50 AM

It's a total deal breaker for me since I'm allergic to cigarette smoke plus its smell is unbearable. I'm fine with them vaping though.

Oct 19, 2018 5:18 AM

No, I am not kissing a heavy smoker they stink enough already

Why we love Tomoko Kuroki
Card Collection
Set made by
Hossi no!
¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Oct 19, 2018 6:46 AM
I dont really care but when when you smoke too much your breath smells like death

So
Im fine with with it as long as its occasional

Oct 19, 2018 7:05 AM
Rara-chan

Wouldn't really care about normal smoking. If something small like smoking can take you away it's better to never start dating.
The moment she smokes weed tho.... Would probably marry her asap.

Oct 19, 2018 7:30 AM
The real question should be, "can people who post on an anime website afford to be picky with their romantic interests".

hahaha.

Oct 19, 2018 2:37 PM
okayiguess said:
No, but for an entirely different reason. I myself used to smoke and have been trying to quit, so being around someone who smokes would make it impossible. It has been almost 5 months so I wouldn't want to ruin that.
I quit for 8 years and came back to it last year again...sigh...some shit happens in life and...

Oct 20, 2018 2:36 PM

Only if it's like a soulmate or something

Oct 20, 2018 2:37 PM

So long as they don't smoke around me/in the house then I don't care too much. I'd prefer if they didn't.

Oct 21, 2018 6:19 AM

DejectedVessel said:
okayiguess said:
No, but for an entirely different reason. I myself used to smoke and have been trying to quit, so being around someone who smokes would make it impossible. It has been almost 5 months so I wouldn't want to ruin that.
I quit for 8 years and came back to it last year again...sigh...some shit happens in life and...

That breaks my heart. I don't know you but the fact that you didn't smoke for 8 whole YEARS shows that you have resilience so if you put your mind into wanting to quit, I'm very sure you can do it.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Oct 23, 2018 12:40 AM

Hellyea id date a smoker what do ilook like a LAME????

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]