Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2018 10:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Seita become quite the mini-thug. And it seems like Hinowa can now walk without a wheelchair. RIP Nisesugi, he’s been captured. Lol, Nisesugi taking off the wrong pantsu. Lol, and he’s still trying to act menacing too. Lol, Yoshiwara doesn’t torture people, they just rape ‘em. Nisesugi transcended into a pure being. Lol, now he became a god. Lol, even then, he still makes fun of Otae’s flatness. Ah, he transcended again. Ah, it’s Colonel Sanders Yamazaki Robozaki again.

Ah, Gintoki and Shinpachi were about to meet there! But Shinpachi helps Gintoki with talking down the attacking Naraku. But Shinpachi’s here to help… and what?!

Haven't been trolled this hard by Gintama ever before. First half adapted chapter 686 and a tiny bit of chapter 687. But the second-half of the episode was completely anime-original, fourth-wall breaking, criticisms of the anime production and the manga not ending, and even a letter from Sorachi himself. So, Gintama° was supposed to be the actual final season, but the manga went on for longer. But the production committee gave them only 51 episodes. Then they got a late-night time slot and 12 episodes to do Rakuyou, and used reruns to get into the live-action hype. To delay productions, they did Porori-hen (loved how they mentioned the season's awkward timing). 26 more episodes should've been enough to end Gintama, but the Gorilla fucked up!

But wow, last thing I was expecting. Gintama Final: End of Sky, lmao

Favorite season overall. Episodes 360-361 and 365 are probably my favorite serious episodes and Episode 366 is one of the best Gintama comedy episodes, if not the best. This season was the perfect balance of seriousness and humor, with both of them being at their best here.

Screenshots here.
GoldenDevilGamerOct 7, 2018 12:54 PM
Oct 7, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
That was glorious, what a way to make the final episode. XD

Hilarious how Fake Takasugi transcended to an all wise being. xD
Love how Gintoki made his escape and I really love the little comments everyone gives on making Edo a place Gintoki can return too. :)

The Shinpachi- Gintoki scene was shaping up real good until the abrupt cut made me laugh, that was glorious. xD

The whole second half trial had me laughing so much, they gave us so much shit, talked about their shit and even Sorachi himself made an appearance with a not-so-apology letter which was technically him such talking shit. XD
Love how they mentioned the timelines for the Gintama anime seasons and why they came out when they did.

Overall, well what can I say? Best Gintama season since Gintama 2015, the first half was action packed and the second was absolutely hilarious, some of the finest comedy in recent Gintama times. I'll save the big Gintama message until whenever the 'final' Gintama anime comes out, whenever that is. Probably a few years I guess.

10/10, Gintama Final : End of Sky when?
Oct 7, 2018 12:13 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This season was Gintama quality. Had both serious as well as comic elements. This gets an easy 10/10. Hope we get a new season in immediate future. #YorozuyaYoEienNare
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Oct 7, 2018 12:17 PM
Apr 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Haven't been trolled this hard by Gintama ever before.

I have never been trolled by *anything* this hard before. I was all ready with the Kleenex, but noooooo...

Dammit... I still love this show, though.
Oct 7, 2018 12:19 PM

Jul 2017
I'm gonna wait for Gintama Final: End of Sky. You who dislike this episode, judged guilty and sentenced to death.
gilanggifari02Oct 7, 2018 1:03 PM
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Oct 7, 2018 12:31 PM

Jul 2017
Nothing129 said:
So it's a 12 episode season instead of 14. So two episodes were cut is that correct?

What? This is the 14th episode.
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Oct 7, 2018 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
lol the heck... I am glad these people are so forefront with us...nice to see it all... will be glad to watch it again soon
Oct 7, 2018 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
Gotta love Gintama's staff and author, that was one of the best Sorry not sorry I've ever seen, and the anime staff washing their hands about this confusion and scam by the mastermind Sorachi.
Oct 7, 2018 12:42 PM
Jan 2017
Ok so that episode was brilliant the way they teased us with the shinpachi scene and oh wait it's gintama bitchessss. So serious question though are they gonna do another season or are they fed up with sorachi and how he's delaying the completion of the story?
Oct 7, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
Even if manga never gets out of hiatus, i hope we get an anime original ending. 10/10 as always. I will miss Gin-chan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 1:01 PM

Nov 2016
Takasugis double went through hell haha.

The trial was the most hilarious thing I've seen, Gintama, the author and the staff working on this are something else <3

10/10 ending

7,9999999/10 for this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2018 1:07 PM

Jun 2015
Well seems like we won't get more gintama anytime soon rip
Oct 7, 2018 1:07 PM

Feb 2013
I'm happy to see Hinowa getting better.
Poor Nisesugi, he went through hell.
But loool, this was a really weird ending but it's Gintama after all, it was great.
Oct 7, 2018 1:21 PM
Sep 2017
OMG - I actually had tears in my eyes at the start of the ending scene with Gin and Shinpachi on the bridge, then ... WTF? I actually screamed that out loud, but without the abbreviation, hahahahaha. Then spent the rest of the time laughing so hard at the entire court scene. Random sentences of death for Hijikata, Umibouzu, and Hasegawa, LMAO. But Gorilla sensei gets off with an innocent verdict! I’ve been hoping and hoping that Gintama ending wasn’t true, but I never thought they’d full-on just pull something like this! Although now, honestly I guess I’m not shocked, because this is Gintama, right? The absolute king of the troll! Now I just want to know how long we have to wait for more!
Oct 7, 2018 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
Dammit, this second half was pure trolling and I loved it lmao Gintoki was right. We had the perfect opening and ending to finally end the series and yet it's still not over because the damn gorilla fucked up the pacing so bad that the studio was caught off guard lol Now, that the manga is in Jump Giga I cannot imagine how much we will have to wait for the final part.

Gintama Final: End of Sky, when? rofl
Oct 7, 2018 1:38 PM

May 2018
Ha, the second half of the episode is just perfect (feels like it's an anime original I suppose), though a bad finale. Or as Gintoki said "A really sloppy last episode".

Compared to Silver Soul season 1 it felt like season 2 lost some steam. I really hoped for a final. But oh well, more Gintama in the future.

Silver Soul S1 (9/10)
Silver Soul S2 (8/10)

Oct 7, 2018 1:39 PM

Oct 2015
Oh my god. What am I supposed to say?

We even argued here, on the forum, whether they'd squeeze in a few extra episodes somehow, or perhaps they'd release another season, or just squeeze everything into 14 episodes. And here we are, we know what happened.

The mangaka must be really loved by the anime staff, and basically everyone involved in this. I really wonder what everyone's opinions are about him. This is just... Damn. He basically breaks the 4th wall, and through that hole we can look at the entire staff. I love it how he's like "well, sorry, not sorry. it happened lolz".

I really really had a good laugh looking at this final episode. I wish the world had more gintama-like attitude. Not like being too stupid to make a proper scedule, but making fun of their own mistakes.

I guess we'll get another season sometime? I really really hope we do. Its description is gonna be ridiculous. This is the "final season". What's next? "This time it really is the final season"?? Gintama is life.
Oct 7, 2018 1:40 PM

Dec 2017
Never been trolled so hard b4. Sadly we probably won't be seeing any more Gintama anime for a while. I wish VIZ didn't stop printing the manga so i could buy all the volumes and read them in the meantime lol.

It even ended at 366 episodes, same as Ble...
CevoyOct 7, 2018 1:54 PM
Oct 7, 2018 1:46 PM
Apr 2011
I loved the scam ending (or ending with scam o.O ). What was ended?
And I do not believe anyone want an end for this show.
Oct 7, 2018 1:46 PM

Nov 2014
*I can't wait for Gintama:End of Sky*
This episode was just Gintama lmfao i was screaming at the screen "wait,what its he doing?wait wait wait!"
This anime is just gold,no one will be able to make an anime like this rofl.
Oct 7, 2018 2:05 PM

Feb 2011
Gintama Final: End of Sky hype. Overall solid season, better than the first half for sure. Will be loking forward to its return.
Oct 7, 2018 2:10 PM
Mar 2018
How the hell do they keep on letting Sorachi get away with this crap
Oct 7, 2018 2:14 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Only Gintama would end a season like this, let alone get away with it with some sort of positive reception
Oct 7, 2018 2:34 PM

Sep 2017
the animation for these last episodes were awesome, comedy too, making gintoki look like takasugi made things twice as funny...

it was such an emotional scene and both animation and art look great and i was so hyped..damn it gintama why do you have to ruin it XD

times and times again i've regretted not picking the manga from where the anime left off, i had made my mind this time, after the 14th episode i will read this 2nd course from the manga, and continue it. and here we are, such an awesome scene, and i want to see it in the anime not the manga :,( plus i think this time they won't air anything until the manga is finished for sure, and if the last season really is in production then they'll take their time meaning it will probably have very good animation similar to these recent episodes.

what to do what to do.. i don't want to miss the hype after the real last chapter either..

this was a heck of cliffhanger gintama, and your return will be both happy and sad, you probably won't return after the manga is finished for sure..
sigh..i'll look forward to that awesome OP and ED you prepared for your last episode :,)

i wished i could go to japan and thank gintama anime staff, sorachi and his editors in person..

so, can anyone help me with decide?.. should i continue it in the manga?..
Oct 7, 2018 2:34 PM

Jan 2016
Love how they parodied the end of the Benizakura movie, lol.
Oct 7, 2018 2:53 PM
Dec 2015
So is this it? Or is there a good chance the anime will return eventually. It was a funny bit but it also was a middle finger to anime onlys like me. I really hope this isn’t the end.
Tomasandreaseljefe
Oct 7, 2018 3:44 PM
Mar 2018
Despite knowing that they could not up the remaining chapters of the long epilogue in the manga, I expected a decent ending at least, but that was not the case here
Oct 7, 2018 4:06 PM

Dec 2015
Oh my god they did it, the madmen! I expected them to pull something like this but not to that extent, this is a perfect way to end the Anime where it was lol, I hope it comes back somehow after the Manga ends, but that won't be till late 2019 at the very earliest. And hell yeah they finally explained all the problems that the Anime was suffering from for the past years, now I don't have to keep explaining it to people lol. This season messed up on several moments but overall, it was fantastic and they did a lot of scenes so much justice. I fucking love this series with all my heart.
Oct 7, 2018 5:06 PM

Nov 2015
Wow.. What a creative and genius final episode. *If it''s really the finale*. Finding out Gintama 2015 was meant to be the last arc, but Sorachi just cant end this series haha. This season overall is probably my second favorite, first being the 2015 season. So much good comedy and action, and BNP putting the budget in the right places.

I'm really confused where Gintama is going to go from here. But ill follow it to the end.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Oct 7, 2018 5:17 PM

Jul 2017
Congrats to the writers of this final episode. Left me completely bamboozled about what the fuck is going on with that troll trial. Genius.

Whilst the first half was pretty slow and the animation quality has been a bit lackluster, it was a terrific season with loads of laughs and hell, some damn emotional moments too.

I have no idea what the genuine direction of this show is gonna be, but I'm intrigued.
Oct 7, 2018 5:43 PM

Nov 2013
LOOL did not expect this at all. This is why Gintama is the best !
Here's to hopefully another season after the obligatory hiatus !!

Oct 7, 2018 5:50 PM
Oct 2017
Definitely not the last season, I feel like they’ll pick up where Gintoki and Shinpachi were about to meet before breaking the fourth wall next season.
Oct 7, 2018 6:01 PM

Oct 2018
Made me happy to see that mangka has so much respect for us viewers. Gintama sure has a lotta epic episodes. Whoever criticized Gintama harashly can go suck eggs. XD

Holding on is believing that there's only a past. Letting go is knowing that there's a future.
Oct 7, 2018 6:02 PM

Jun 2014
Lol Gintama is the only show that can get away with this kind of shit. Just when you think Gintoki and Shinpachi would finally reunite, they go completely off script and troll us.

Overall, this season had great action and great comedy. Can't wait for more someday.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 7, 2018 6:11 PM

Jun 2013
wait So is this it? that was kinda weird and fun at the same time
Oct 7, 2018 6:18 PM

Jul 2015
I feel like Sorachi is involved in this final script. Anyways, Sorachi is a damn genius. And he just found the right madmen to translate his genius work into reality.
He has given us all that greatness while being pressured. Imagine what he can give now while working in ease..

10/10 season. This season was really good, like REALLY good in Gintama standards.

Long live Gintama <3
Oct 7, 2018 6:28 PM

Nov 2015
Can I please finish my depression already ? xD it's been years depressing myself that Gintama is gonna end , cmon let me stop depressing myself if u won't end it soon ;-; everytime I'm like , ok this is the end , let me deal with it and enough depression then gintama be like : lol no
Oct 7, 2018 7:03 PM
Jun 2017
hahahaha... this is the great way to end the current arc- Gintama style... hahaha... i just love that shinsFake part one then all of the sudden shifted to an original one where it said something about GIntama is not yet to end... hahaha

looking forward to next season...
Oct 7, 2018 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
No animated Loincloth mask
Oct 7, 2018 8:20 PM

May 2013
I LOVED THIS ENDING. It's not the truly final, but it is a very authentic final to this series, it represents perfectly the troll spirit.
Oct 7, 2018 8:45 PM

May 2015
Maityoman said:
Can someone tell me, without spoiling anything, if this is the final season of Gintama or will there be another one?

It's not really clear yet. They tease that they're making another season, but then make it seem like a joke at the same time. IMO, I definitely think there will be more, but not for awhile. The anime is pretty close to the manga already, and the manga is monthly now. Who knows how long it'll be if it happens at all.

OT: This is honestly one of the best episodes of the entire series just for the second half alone. Only Gintama could pull something like this for a final episode(?) I love it so much.

Oct 7, 2018 8:52 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Maityoman said:
Can someone tell me, without spoiling anything, if this is the final season of Gintama or will there be another one?
Well, this season doesn't cover all of the manga, so there will most likely be another season. Though no one knows when.
Oct 7, 2018 9:49 PM
Dec 2015
oh well, i guess we have to wait for 2-3 years for next season. definitely not going to read the manga, because the anime adaptation is superior
Oct 7, 2018 11:53 PM

Apr 2015
this episode is just too funny
Oct 8, 2018 12:16 AM
Mar 2018
Son_nish-kun20 said:
Ok so that episode was brilliant the way they teased us with the shinpachi scene and oh wait it's gintama bitchessss. So serious question though are they gonna do another season or are they fed up with sorachi and how he's delaying the completion of the story?
it's not decided but most likely they will do it cause gintama is gintama u know it's big thing in Japan (it was on 11th spot in Japan's most popular) aside for that we have to wait till December when the manga comes out on giga to actually know anything
Oct 8, 2018 12:17 AM
Mar 2018
ShwanDragon said:
Made me happy to see that mangka has so much respect for us viewers. Gintama sure has a lotta epic episodes. Whoever criticized Gintama harashly can go suck eggs. XD
u mean can suck *kintama right?
Oct 8, 2018 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
They stopped it right at the coolest moment of Shinpachi, lol

So it's all clear now ... I also think that this series supposed to ending with Shogun Assassination arc because they were technically passing the point of no return with it's sad conclusion ... I also didn't like with Utsuro's revelation part, I think this show will be better without Utsuro ...

But I also thought that they end it in Silver Soul arc would be okay too, this season has great OP and ED that is really fitting with final arc really ...

I would also blame Gorilla Mangaka for it ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 8, 2018 12:34 AM

May 2015
I don't get it, so is this it or will there be another season? I know it's Gintama, but this is not-that-great joke.
Oct 8, 2018 1:12 AM

Oct 2015
ren_moon said:
I don't get it, so is this it or will there be another season? I know it's Gintama, but this is not-that-great joke.

This won't be the end of the anime, I'm pretty sure it'll come back in some form in the future. They said in the episode that the continuation was made out of passion, and they spent the past few years preparing for a finale. They've made just over 100 episodes for this already, so they will follow it through to the end.
Oct 8, 2018 1:40 AM

Sep 2015
Only Gintama can end their own final episode this way xD

Too bad there is no mini screen that show all episode on each season.
Into the Internet!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

76 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 2, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

94 by MewkiWay »»
Jan 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 23, 2018

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 16, 2018

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:17 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 9, 2018

66 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.