Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 8, 2018 7:08 AM

Apr 2010
I just saw a dog being dragged to get slaughtered or grilled or eaten or whatever the assaulter wanted to. It made me sad.

So farming dogs is a bad idea since they're a close pet. Doesn't mean that chicken or pigs cannot be our pets but dogs tend to be the typical home pet that we don't just kill them for meal :shrug:
I feel so blue ... you are my world ... but you are not mine
Oct 8, 2018 7:25 AM

Jul 2015
Regnent said:
Railey2 said:
, except for it being grossly inefficient.
But to each their own.

If it's efficiency we want, we should be gorging ourselves on crickets.
I'm all for insect burgers. They're rich in protein and apparently tasty. Shame they don't sell them anywhere near me.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Oct 8, 2018 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
dogs have evolved to be a companion to humans so in my opinion eating them is wrong
Oct 8, 2018 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really mind (though I definitely wouldn't eat them). As close to humanity as they are, cats and dogs are just animals. Saying they are any different from cattle sounds pretty hypocrite to me, specially if you eat meat.

Railey2 said:
There are dogs that were bred for food, really? I've never heard of that. I'd like to see your source on that.

Just Google "dogs bred for food" or take a look at the dog meat article or Wikipedia, which cites some species of dog that are bred for that end. This is still fairly common in Asia. There's an yearly dog meat festival in China that always get international attention, specially because of animal rights groups.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat
Oct 9, 2018 11:50 AM

Jan 2016
I'm already not a fan of the idea that people should eat dogs and cats, but asians usually have them in such poor conditions and basically burning them to death that I want to fuck up every single of those people.
Oct 9, 2018 2:44 PM

Dec 2014
bonauditeur said:

So farming dogs is a bad idea since they're a close pet.
Pet is an animal you own, if I don't own a dog they are not pets.

BRAINDEADPARTY said:
dogs have evolved to be a companion to humans so in my opinion eating them is wrong
Dogs evolved to humans, not the opposite.

RobinTheKing said:
I'm already not a fan of the idea that people should eat dogs and cats, but asians usually have them in such poor conditions and basically burning them to death that I want to fuck up every single of those people.
What if it was a "humane" slaughter?"
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Oct 9, 2018 5:34 PM

Apr 2015
I hate to use the Bible as a defense, but if we were supposed to eat dogs you'd think someone would've eaten them in there. They ate fish, beef, lamb, and chicken, but never dog. Dogs were around, but God designated them with jobs other than being eaten.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 9, 2018 5:37 PM

Apr 2017
literally dogs were bred to be pets and hunt for us, aka "part of the family."

they were literally created for that one purpose.

stop.
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Oct 9, 2018 10:15 PM

Apr 2010
Fidelium said:
bonauditeur said:

So farming dogs is a bad idea since they're a close pet.
Pet is an animal you own, if I don't own a dog they are not pets

An animal that looks like your pet. I just can't eat/swallow them because I'll end up crying.

Actually I used to see the real thing. Dog being slaughtered and was being cut into pieces :scream: I was so shocked at the time and didn't know what to do. I felt like crying and begging not to eat it but too late, it was already dead. Poor thing.
bonauditeurOct 12, 2018 12:01 AM
I feel so blue ... you are my world ... but you are not mine
Oct 10, 2018 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
i wouldn't eat them, but farming dogs sounds kind of strange but anyway i don't think i'll be against it
Oct 10, 2018 5:20 AM

Mar 2016
i'm lowkey against eating any animal personally. of course everyone can do whatever feels right for them but for me it's a no.
Oct 10, 2018 7:30 PM

Oct 2018
No! We should avoid eating the emotionally intelligent animals like cows, dogs, cats.

Holding on is believing that there's only a past. Letting go is knowing that there's a future.
Oct 10, 2018 7:55 PM

Sep 2016
If people can eat cow and pig meat then why not dogs or cats?
Oct 11, 2018 1:09 AM

Jan 2016
I love dogs so the idea someone might eat them kinda grosses me out..
Anyway, besides my personal opionion and the ethical stuff, I think that farming dogs for food isn't efficient at all.
Dogs are carnivores, therefore to farm them you must feed them with meat.
Eventually you'll use much more meat to farm them than the amount of meat you'll ever get from them.
Oct 11, 2018 8:09 AM
Sep 2018
You people should really learn the meaning of equality.
Meat is meat, you people need to stop discriminating and eat them all...
Profile views make me feel loved
Oct 11, 2018 8:17 AM

Aug 2017
I'd be open to trying out dog meat but I can't imagine it being a staple meat used for everyday dishes.
Pork and fish are good enough for me.
Oct 11, 2018 8:22 AM
Sep 2018
Cutieply said:
BluePink said:

Daestair said:
You people should really learn the meaning of equality.
Meat is meat, you people need to stop discriminating and eat them all...

you guys are forgetting the best meat, tasty treat called humans

I never once did mention that i dont eat humans
Profile views make me feel loved
Oct 11, 2018 2:38 PM

Feb 2016
A bit off topic, but I wonder what all those people who say they could never eat dog meat and call other people who approve of it ''heartless monsters'' would do if you served them a dish with dog meat and didn't tell them about it until after they've had it.
Would they force themselves to vomit?
Would they throw a fit?
Would they just burst into tears?
All three?

The possibilities are endless.

I personally wouldn't really mind if that's the only option, under the condition that their main purpose is to be bred for meat.
I don't encourage it, but I don't hate on people who do eat dog meat, since cultural difference is also involved.
People are appalled by the mere thought of killing man's best friend for food, yet they have no problem eating cows, pigs, chicken or even horses.
It's just a matter of morality, people have different thoughts on what is considered good or bad, and there's no doubt that a lot of them will say eating dog meat is bad, because we've been taught dogs are our friends, family since a very young age, and perhaps we even grew up with one or two.
At its core, though, it is the same as how Indians view eating cow meat in other countries.
To them it's immoral because they've been taught cows are sacred, they are even considered family.

"Ultimately, what’s the moral difference in any of it? It simply can’t be the case that the slaughter of all animals is wrong – apart from the ones you want to feast on. Once you stop trying to convince yourself of that, a huge weight is lifted from your shoulders. Then you can stand against the exploitation of all animals, regardless of what they are and where they’re being killed."
Oct 11, 2018 3:17 PM

Sep 2016
Cutieply said:
BluePink said:

you guys are forgetting the best meat, tasty treat called humans

Sure why not? Its a valid argument after all..
Oct 11, 2018 4:59 PM

Dec 2008
Thread cleaned
Please refrain from targeting users or derailing threads. If you have an issue with a particular user or their post, make a report instead.

Oct 11, 2018 10:50 PM

Oct 2012
Railey2 said:
Regnent said:

If it's efficiency we want, we should be gorging ourselves on crickets.
I'm all for insect burgers. They're rich in protein and apparently tasty. Shame they don't sell them anywhere near me.
Crickets are usually fried and heavily salted. Not exactly healthy.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 12, 2018 5:23 AM

Jul 2015
katsucats said:
Railey2 said:
I was thinking about this, buffalo worms, not crickets.
They're ground and then formed into burger patties. I'm shopping at Rewe a lot, but I've sadly never seen them being sold there, so I guess the experiment has failed, or they're just not being sold in my region.

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

Oct 12, 2018 4:40 PM

Nov 2016
Never. I only wish an excruciating death for people who kill, torture and eat dogs/cats.

Writing this while staring at my pupper.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Oct 13, 2018 4:45 PM

Oct 2012
Railey2 said:
katsucats said:
They're ground and then formed into burger patties. I'm shopping at Rewe a lot, but I've sadly never seen them being sold there, so I guess the experiment has failed, or they're just not being sold in my region.
Interesting, I have to look out for that.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 14, 2018 3:11 AM

Aug 2018
Anything that is not illegal and doesn't drop common sense or morality is fine to me
Feb 16, 2021 11:43 PM
Feb 2021
this is totally ridiculous these are not human :_)
EdnaAlonsoFeb 16, 2021 11:46 PM
Feb 17, 2021 7:00 PM

Feb 2019
For hundreds of thousands of years, throughout the entire evolutionary process of our species, dogs have existed alongside us as companions. In our more uncivilized days we found them to be useful tools: they hunted for us, protected us, warned us of approaching danger, and occasionally acted as beasts of burden (e.g. dog sleds).

This has been their primary purpose in humanity's history, and their own species evolved in kind to form a sort of symbiotic relationship with us. Dogs (and cats) are closer to us than any other animal in existence specifically because of how long we have been working together. You can't say the same about other intelligent animals such as cows, pigs, or octopi which we regularly consume and think nothing of it. These animals were of no use to us aside from being food, whereas dogs provided us things which we could not do for ourselves and could not find in other animals. Cows are docile herbivores; they could not hunt for our Neanderthal ancestors. Pigs are stubborn and could not defend us from wild predator attacks. And so on. Dogs formed a bond with humans because we could make up for each other's weaknesses and thereby survive the harsh world together. After a time, this close contact grew into a bond of affection, as is only natural. Humans aren't the only animals capable of forming attachments, and it's a well-known psychological principle that working through difficult situations with someone else strengthens the bond between you. This facet of human nature is ingrained into our psyches enough that it can transfer to animals, given enough time. Centuries of comorbid struggle and sharing of burdens created a deep connection between dogs and humans, and it isn't something only experienced by humans either. Dogs have evolved a great deal in order to better suit the emotional needs of their human masters as our hunter-gatherer lifestyle faded from necessity. Dogs are capable of forming emotional connections with humans unmatched by other domesticated animals; they respond to our subtle facial cues, sense our moods/intentions, anticipate our actions, all for the express purpose of connecting with us. Chattel on the other hand, do not. They have not evolved for that purpose.

This isn't something unique to a single culture; not everyone in modern China thinks it's ethical to consume dog meat; many families in China today have dogs as pets, and nowhere in the world is it COMMON practice to farm dogs as food. No other animal in the world is as ubiquitous as the dog when it comes to pets, because of our shared history as a species. Sure, it could have been any animal to form this bond with us, but it just happened to be the dog because of what they could offer our ancient relatives.

And also, revering an animal as part of a religious custom is completely different from refusing to eat an animal for sentimental reasons. In the first case, you're refusing to eat something because it offends your morals. In the second, you're refusing to eat something because it offends your sensibilities. Cows may be sacred in Hinduism, but you could just as easily repeat the dog meat experiment with a Hindu who has never tried beef and get them to say it's delicious if they didn't know what it was.
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
Feb 18, 2021 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
Sad and disgusting, just like any live slaughter of an animal.
Jun 28, 2021 1:09 PM
Jun 2021
I never wish for death only for those who kill, torture and eat dogs / cats. You can see about https://www.bestfishkeeping.com/crystal-red-shrimp-care-guide/
Jul 6, 2021 2:11 PM
Jul 2021
Jul 6, 2021 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
Railey2 said:
katsucats said:

Did you ever find that? Im curious what texture it has if it's gritty.
Jul 6, 2021 2:43 PM

Apr 2020
I can't imagine dog meat being all that good... they're not really all that meaty and they're very active animals. I feel like it would be very chewy.

I have nothing against it on moral grounds but I don't really wanna eat inferior quality meat.
Jul 7, 2021 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
traed said:
Railey2 said:

I did find it and eat it, actually.
Texture was okay, flavor was meh. It's pretty much just a run-off-the-mill veggie burger (not a fan), with a bit of the mealworm mixed in. I think it was like 30% buffaloworm only. I might try it again and see if they changed the recipe, because I do believe in the concept and kinda want it to be good. The texture can be compared to that of a normal veggie burger patty.

The most interesting part for me was to experience my mind struggling against my cultural preconception that worms are not food. Taking that first bite was way harder than it should have been, even though I rationally know that it's stupid to feel repulsed by the product. And that's with me not even seeing the worms, they're ground up and mixed in after all. Just knowing that they're in the patty did that. But once I got over that irrational response and took the first bite, I was fine.

Goes to show how strong of an influence our cultures have on us, even though we don't like to admit that to ourselves. We're all slaves to our upbringing to some extent.

Jul 7, 2021 10:41 AM

Apr 2020
Don't have a problem at all , In India we revere cows, many love them , but almost every other countrY eats them , so what's problem with some people farming and eating DOGS
Jul 7, 2021 2:40 PM

Mar 2008
Railey2 said:
traed said:

I did find it and eat it, actually.
Texture was okay, flavor was meh. It's pretty much just a run-off-the-mill veggie burger (not a fan), with a bit of the mealworm mixed in. I think it was like 30% buffaloworm only. I might try it again and see if they changed the recipe, because I do believe in the concept and kinda want it to be good. The texture can be compared to that of a normal veggie burger patty.

The most interesting part for me was to experience my mind struggling against my cultural preconception that worms are not food. Taking that first bite was way harder than it should have been, even though I rationally know that it's stupid to feel repulsed by the product. And that's with me not even seeing the worms, they're ground up and mixed in after all. Just knowing that they're in the patty did that. But once I got over that irrational response and took the first bite, I was fine.

Goes to show how strong of an influence our cultures have on us, even though we don't like to admit that to ourselves. We're all slaves to our upbringing to some extent.

I've eaten a dried mealworm before from some feed meant for birds because I wanted to see if I could go against my own ego doing something I promised myself i would never do. It's similar to eating a type of seed or brown rice. They actually might taste good seasoned and fried up served whatever traditional way they are in the places they are eaten. The patty sounds grose to me really id rather have straight mealworms.

Fungi based stuff sounds better to me since i like mushrooms and some varieties it doesnt have to be processed.
Jul 7, 2021 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
That really grosses me out I have a bunch of dogs they don't look tasty to me
Jul 8, 2021 1:36 AM

Jan 2020
Many people always blaming Chinese for eating dogs while us the Batak people of Indonesia eats dog for years to cure dengue fever because it increased production the thrombocytes on human body

I feel sad for it but hey , that's how natural selection works i feel nothing about Vegan propaganda of livestocks doing a revolt to avenge humanity , it's just a consequences of life
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jul 8, 2021 1:49 AM

Dec 2016
My...thoughts?

I follow a strict dietary philosophy in that, I think with my dick. If you can put a species ears or tail on it and I would stick my dick in it. It is no good to eat. Like horses, cats, dogs, etc. Not a fan of co girls.
Jul 8, 2021 2:50 AM
May 2009
Honestly we can probably get attached to alot of things in life.
Doesn't matter what species of animal.
It can become attached to you, and you can develop affection for it.
Silver spoon does a decent job of explaining why you should never name livestock, cause it will create a bond with the animal that will be sent to slaughter.

You can breed any animal as livestock, the difference is what is most efficient and provides the largest yield in the shortest time. I mean pigs can grow large before the end of their first year, reason why its livestock.

Dogs are to vast in species, which means which breed of dog would be most cost effective.
I mean we could breed rabbits, but the task of butchering them is probably too time consuming. Not to mention control.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

16 by Adverrito »»
47 seconds ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 minute ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

16 by Adverrito »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

20 by KenaiPhoenix »»
20 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Today

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.