Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2018 10:02 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
This year's 45th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shounen Jump revealed the first two main cast members for the anime adaptation of Koyoharu Gotouge's Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) manga on Saturday. Produced by ufotable, the anime will debut in Spring 2019.

Tanjirou Kamado: Natsuki Hanae (Fate/Apocrypha)

Nezuko Kamado: Akari Kito (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e)

Kimetsu no Yaiba is based on Gotouge's Kagarigari one-shot, which earned her an honorable mention at the 70th Jump Treasure Newcomer Manga Awards in 2013. Shueisha began serializing the manga in Weekly Shounen Jump in February 2016 and published the 12th volume on August 3, with the 13th volume planned for a November 2 release. The series has a cumulative 2.5 million copies of its compiled volumes in print worldwide.

VIZ Media published the first three chapters of the manga in English simultaneously with the Japanese release in its digital Weekly Shonen Jump magazine as a part of its Jump Start initiative. The second volume went on sale on September 2.

Source: Comic Natalie

Oct 5, 2018 10:06 PM

Apr 2012
Can someone explain to me whether the sister of the main character is really the main girl of this title? As far as I know, shonen manga avoids any possibility of incest route, so it surprises me.
Oct 5, 2018 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
It was also announced via Machi★Asobi Vol.21
https://moca-news.net/article/20181006/2018100614030a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 5, 2018 11:00 PM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Can someone explain to me whether the sister of the main character is really the main girl of this title? As far as I know, shonen manga avoids any possibility of incest route, so it surprises me.
nah, purely siblings relationship, but she does a main character.... there is lack of female character tbh.... but at least tanjirou has his own nice pairings i guess...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 5, 2018 11:18 PM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:
nah, purely siblings relationship, but she does a main character.... there is lack of female character tbh.... but at least tanjirou has his own nice pairings i guess...

Well, I have no doubt that there is no incest in this show ... Well, except for the head of some shippers, lol. Just such a duet is quite rare for a regular shounen.
Oct 5, 2018 11:56 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I love Hanae's voice and voice acting , and I can also see him as Tanjirou, but I sort of would like to see someone else voice Tanjirou. Can't think of anyone on the top of my mind that would be more fitting though, given that Hanae does have the kind, caring, and adolescent voice that suits Tanjirou.

Not really familiar with Nezuko's VA, but I did like Satsuki's voice and also Seiun Sky, so no complaints there. Not that she'ok be speaking much anyways...
Oct 5, 2018 11:59 PM

Jul 2015
it will be nice to see a sibling relationship without incest

i like the sister design btw
tragedydesuOct 6, 2018 12:15 AM
Oct 6, 2018 12:48 AM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:

nope no incest infact
Manga Spoiler

Oct 6, 2018 1:46 AM

Apr 2012
Vivekananda said:
RobertBobert said:

nope no incest infact
Manga Spoiler

Thank you for the information. So, the main characters here are the same sibling duet as in the Blue Exorcist?
Oct 6, 2018 1:48 AM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:
Vivekananda said:

nope no incest infact
Manga Spoiler

Thank you for the information. So, the main characters here are the same sibling duet as in the Blue Exorcist?

There are 2 characters more in their group.That's what i can say at this point.

Oct 6, 2018 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
RobertBobert said:

It's quite hard to say without spoiling much but the sister will always be with the brother due to circumstances so that's pretty much the reason she's a main character. There will be 2 other characters joining as the "main group" later on making up the trio of the classic shounen series (at least within what will presumably be covered in the first 2-cour season of anime).

As for the main girl, let's just say the series isn't really big on romance for now, not visibly anyway though shippings do exist for most of our characters through the fans lol.

I'll just say that the series is really reminiscent of classic shounen series rather than modern shounen with the way it's written which based on what I've seen is one of the main reasons people loves this. Tanjirou is probably one of the nicest and likeable MC you'll get in current shounen manga and yeah, the sibling relationship in this is really great, free of any hint of romantic nuance, at least in the manga.

Regarding your question, I assume you're asking if this sibling will be in the spotlight the same as the sibling duet in the Blue Exorcist, then sure, it kind of feels like that later on.
EasyGo-erOct 6, 2018 4:40 AM

Oct 6, 2018 4:44 AM

Apr 2012
@EasyGo-er Well, as far as I heard, shounen is so subject to censorship that there is even rarely a full-fledged shoujo ai, although in shoujo you can write about almost any kind of “forbidden relationship”. So, I don't even count on incest. In any case, sibling theme enough for me, because modern titles basically ignore this, even in a platonic sense.

Oct 6, 2018 12:13 PM

May 2018
I'll give it a watch. Because of ufotable only.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
10 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.