Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 5, 2018 9:50 PM
Nov 2015
I really liked how they excluded the unnecessary fan service and stiched up the plot with fillers. It feels like they have finally learned how to properly adapt index after writing that many fillers for Railgun 😂😂.

The part of Oyafune meeting Index aren't there in the source but it's a welcome change to actually have characters connected in an episode.
Oct 5, 2018 10:00 PM
Aug 2015
Botato said:
LF2005 said:

it annoys me a little that they have changed the Iconic Sound Effects, other than that it seemed rushed a little.

by the way can someone clarify what event happrned in the 30th of september ? it was covered right ?
Ehhh it was the events of volumes 12 and 13 wasn't it? Accelerator saving LO, Touma saving Kazakiri. Then S2 covered SS1 which had GROUP and Touma save Misaka's mother.
I thought it was Venta of the Front's invasion of Academy City, with the whole
experiment taking place prior to that.

Or did Allastor dispatch
against Venta as well?
-_entei_-Oct 6, 2018 9:34 AM
Oct 5, 2018 10:16 PM

Nov 2017
- the opening sound better than the previous season.
- imagine breaker sound changed again (it changed on railgun s1 but return on the railgun s2)....
- i think Document of Constantine Arc would take 2-3 episode (i bet it will take 2 episode)

Note : even this isnt the first time, JC Staff show a shimapan on Toaru franchise... oh short pant doesnt count
bondtuxOct 5, 2018 10:28 PM
Now Loading.....
Oct 5, 2018 10:39 PM
Jan 2018
the episode is fine i think. but one thing that bothers me is that my preference has change. what i mean is we know that toaru series has their own FANS incluiding me. and tbh my hype before this episode was so high. but after watching this eps i just realize this episode doesn't entertain me like it used to be. well it's not the series faut. this series is old school clasic "acton, fantasy, romance, comedy, harem" anime. which is has fewer fans now, and feels bit off now(IMHO). well this episode is good as expected from toaru majutsu series, but feels lot of cringe if compared to "todays" anime. still good for me but if this was aired about 3/4 years ago, the hype will be "LEGENDARY".........................
Oct 5, 2018 10:52 PM
Jun 2017
Touma punching girls (and guys) again. 10/10.

Cant wait for those awesome fight scenes in one of the best arcs
Fire Emblem anime when
Oct 5, 2018 10:54 PM
Dec 2010
Been a long time waiting guys and girls. I can't wait to see both index and railgun characters in this one.
Oct 5, 2018 10:59 PM

May 2010
I like the start, a good way to refresh my memory.
Oct 6, 2018 12:54 AM

Feb 2015
Great to see the show back, Index is still super annoying though she's still a parasite that does nothing but leach off Touma. Misaka is best girl
Oct 6, 2018 1:04 AM

Jul 2016
The first half is a good refresher from past seasons also some usual toaru comedic moments. That opening showed a lot of characters I'm worried for their screentime since its only 26 episodes. Well that ending lol sky diving xD
Oct 6, 2018 1:16 AM

Jan 2016
Wow. That episode was all over the place in terms of pacing, and I don't remember the series sounding this bad. Even the VAs seem off, which is weird because I'm pretty sure they're the same people they've always been. I may just go back to reading the VN's rather than watching this season . . .
Oct 6, 2018 2:14 AM

Jul 2016
Well watched the episode myself...... It's just..... while the anime-only fillers in this episode wasn't that bad at all, the pacing was so rushed that I don't know how to explain it (Even the manga adaptation are did way better job than this).

Meh.... at least the OP is good and they got Fukiyose's fan-service screen and Tsuchimikado shoot Oyafune Monaka screen right.
MahiaErebeaNegiOct 6, 2018 2:17 AM
Oct 6, 2018 2:25 AM

Apr 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Well watched the episode myself...... It's just..... while the anime-only fillers in this episode wasn't that bad at all, the pacing was so rushed that I don't know how to explain it (Even the manga adaptation are did way better job than this).

Meh.... at least the OP is good and they got Fukiyose's fan-service screen and Tsuchimikado shoot Oyafune Monaka screen right.

Sadly some arcs have to be sacrificed for the greater good, aka battle royale arc; ww3 arc. It’s unfortunate that Sao gets 50 episodes, while index is not even worth a 3 cour. I hope that the battle royale gets at least the justice it deserves.

"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 6, 2018 2:37 AM

Jul 2016
AcceleratorAngel said:
Sadly some arcs have to be sacrificed for the greater good, aka battle royale arc; ww3 arc. It’s unfortunate that Sao gets 50 episodes, while index is not even worth a 3 cour. I hope that the battle royale gets at least the justice it deserves.

I really hope my theory about Terra arc will only have 2 episodes was wrong. But seeing how this episode was adapted (Not to mention they also adds a brunch of anime-only fillers too), it's make me think they really wanted to finish the whole OT stories in this season in order to adapts NT into anime later.
Oct 6, 2018 2:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice recap to get us up to speed though. Catchy opening as well. To think that a argument about bunny girls would get them a scolding. Uiharu looks like she's having fun at the exhibition but poor Kuroko though. The end events were shocking but produced some interesting revelations. So the board desires war with the church huh. The director though was a brave woman bringing this news at such a high cost. A solid first episode that did a good job of reintroducing the cast and the setting while introducing a new threat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2018 2:56 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

I really hope my theory about Terra arc will only have 2 episodes was wrong. But seeing how this episode was adapted (Not to mention they also adds a brunch of anime-only fillers too), it's make me think they really wanted to finish the whole OT stories in this season in order to adapts NT into anime later.

Given Sao's popularity versus Toaru's the fact that SAO gets 4 cours is to be expected. Sao's Alicization arc is after all the series best arc.
Still i hope that 26 episodes will at least give the viewers a good understanding of the arcs that will be featured in the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2018 3:04 AM
Oct 2018
Is that true 26 episode because index 3 only had 8 volume BD? Sao 3 also only 8 Volume BD confirmed so far tho ._.
Oct 6, 2018 3:05 AM

Apr 2015
Good song, but the opening is not that great compared to the opening 4 (showing characters in a hype way, that running and Touma-Vento parts).

Moreover, the way they show Acqua in two separate fights is a bit weird and Acqua-Kaori part is better animated (that damn sword of light!) than Acqua-KnightLeader's (should replace Acqua by Carissa). Then, Hamazura dodged light beams and we see a silhouette behind the smoke screen and a smile. And finally, skipping Last Order-Accelerator part (use it for the next opening) and Accelerator-Kakine part more like Touma-Vento's in the previous opening, but better!
KasuraSOct 6, 2018 3:11 AM
Oct 6, 2018 3:12 AM

May 2012
It was definitely a "we're back" first episode. OP was great and had a lot of hype showing off the characters. Didn't expect them to show off the Royal family and New Light though. Do they plan to get into the English Civil War arc before the first cour ends?

I'm not sure if they plan to animate some of the stuff they skipped out of order, like the prologue with Terra of the Left, so I guess we'll see. I did like the filler with Oyafune and Index though. Sort of wish that had been in the novel. They are really breezing through OT 14 and it could be done next week or the week after.
Brave_in_HandOct 6, 2018 1:34 PM
Oct 6, 2018 3:16 AM
Oct 2018
So far so good. One of best anime graphic in this season. Some scene is better than LN & manga. Some of them really weird tho. I still forgive with no Terra conversation with acqua since probably it will be intro of eps 2. But I really hope that JC shows world crisis instead Index bites touma (first scene of eps 1).

Overall, maybe they only rush eps 1 because they want shows actions early since they adapt same formula on railgun (at least has 1 action scene in eps 1). Also, I saw BLOCK member in opening. Thats makes me suprise since I predict will be deleted due to her less importance role (considering JC rushing index 3, Battle royale arc will covers 5 eps and will remove her completely). I hope for good battle royale adaptation tho (minimum 6 eps please xD)
Hatsune_InoriOct 6, 2018 3:36 AM
Oct 6, 2018 3:51 AM

Aug 2014
can anyone sum up the story in the past 2 seasons for me or at least the whole catholic church,Directors and the 30 December thing? I don't remember a lot from the previous seasons sadly.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 6, 2018 4:04 AM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Sorry but NT Adaption never gonna happen when this season sucks what it will
Oct 6, 2018 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
FuryTank said:
The first episode was ok, we could see almost all the characters which is pretty good, I think the animation could be better tho.

Anyway I expected a lot more hype for this season, I suppose that is due to the time that has passed since index ii, I just hope that people have not lost all interest in the series xd

Alot of time has passed and the hype took a hit when they account this will only be 26 episodes, fans were expecting 3 cours and at this rate they are going to rush the hell out of the plot
Oct 6, 2018 4:55 AM

Aug 2018
just seen the ep 1

oh boi i love the OP and ED,perfection!

next ep will be an action pack....hype is real

B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 6, 2018 5:11 AM

Sep 2014
This was a weak start tbh. 15 mins just wasted, mainly showing all known characters and their panties. Only last few minutes mattered
Oct 6, 2018 5:22 AM

Jul 2009
It has been 10 years since S1.
Let's see what happen in France

but...
DAFUQ IT HAS BEEN 10 YEARS AND STILL CAN4T DO A PROPER SENTENCE IN FRENCH
"NOUS RESISTER"....
bruh
Oct 6, 2018 5:29 AM
Aug 2015
Maruseru1993 said:
The first episode ends where touma and motoharu jumping from the plane dont know if its already in a good pace or they cut something from the light novel hope some index experts can tell me

It is a rather good pace so far. The only thing that bothers me is that they added unecessary filler scenes in this episode. Index doesn't appear at all in this arc in the novels yet J.C. just had to force her in and wast good 3 minutes -.-'

I just hope they won't do that again considering they have to cram 9 entire volumes into 26 episodes
Oct 6, 2018 5:30 AM
Apr 2018
Oh, how i missed the old character's voices and interactions.
"How unfortunate! " here again, revives!
Love the op. I was wondering when will the remote lady appear again.
Oct 6, 2018 6:11 AM

Sep 2016
Its been so many years since i watched the last season. I've forgotten all about it XD. Regardless, this episode was interesting. Lets see how it goes.
Oct 6, 2018 6:23 AM

Dec 2010
Well, she's no Mami Kawada, but the opening is still good. I wonder why they didn't hire Fripside instead. If they had performed a song written by Kawada we'd get a killer OP.

Anyway, this episode didn't disappoint in any regard. Here's how I felt for the first 10 minutes, lol. But after the references were over we still got enough screen time directly related to a constructive plot.
Also, did I mention this? Index in high-production. I lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oved the new Imagine Breaker sfx.

And you know what's the best part? We're going to get 26 episodes of this. I look forward to finally spending them with fandom, we deserved this.
Oct 6, 2018 6:27 AM

Feb 2014
It has been a LONG time waiting, but I'm glad that Index S3 has finally arrived. =D

The first episode had a small recap of what Touma has gone through thus far into the story and most of the episode felt like a nice nostalgic feeling. Yeah, it had the usual humour, panty shots and Touma's luck being as woeful than ever, but I still had a smile on my face all throughout the episode.

The new OP song sounds pretty good, as does the ED song. Animation-wise, the first episode feels on par with Railgun S2, which doesn't sound great at first, but Railgun S2 still looks brilliant five years after it aired, so Index S3's visuals so far are good.

Since I haven't read to novels, I'm pretty interested in all the new and returning characters that appeared in the opening animation, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of this 26 episode series goes. =)
Oct 6, 2018 6:31 AM

Feb 2013
I hope that old woman didn't die, she didn't seem like a bad person.
Oct 6, 2018 6:44 AM

Aug 2015
Great opening to a great arc.. Still can't believe its been 7 years though.
Oct 6, 2018 6:47 AM

Nov 2014
Solid first episode. Nice to see all those characters again, tho I hoped to meet sisters too. Can't wait for next ep.
Oct 6, 2018 6:53 AM

Nov 2013
-_entei_- said:
Botato said:
Ehhh it was the events of volumes 12 and 13 wasn't it? Accelerator saving LO, Touma saving Kazakiri. Then S2 covered SS1 which had GROUP and Touma save Misaka's mother.
into Kazakiri experiment taking place prior to that.

Or did Allastor dispatch
against Venta as well?
Wut. First of all spoilers.
Second of all,
is not even mentioned at all at this point in the story.

- Vento invades
- Kihara kidnaps Last Order
- Kazakiri turns into an Angel
- Accelerator fights Kihara and Hound Dog to save LO
- Touma fights Vento to save the city/Kazakiri
- Index uses a song/prayer to save LO/Kazakiri
Oct 6, 2018 6:53 AM

Jul 2016
Meritas said:
Well, she's no Mami Kawada, but the opening is still good. I wonder why they didn't hire Fripside instead. If they had performed a song written by Kawada we'd get a killer OP.
Maybe because Fripside was busying with singing the OP theme song of Chinese Index MMO game during the production time?

Meritas said:
And you know what's the best part? We're going to get 26 episodes of this. I look forward to finally spending them with fandom, we deserved this.
Are you seriously believe that 26 episodes is enough to FINISHED the WHOLE OT STORIES which have NINE VOLUMES IN TOTALS?

Ulquiorra said:
I hope that old woman didn't die, she didn't seem like a bad person.
Don't worry, that old woman is still alive.
Oct 6, 2018 7:01 AM

Nov 2013
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Meritas said:
Are you seriously believe that 26 episodes is enough to FINISHED the WHOLE OT STORIES which have NINE VOLUMES IN TOTALS?
Actually it's 10 unless we're expecting them to completely skip over SS2.

Which is very likely.
Oct 6, 2018 7:28 AM

Sep 2018
Yay, TaMnI is back! <3

Start quite interesting, since it's been a while, the story has done well in making a small roundup of the characters of the anime series, very happy for it. Quality of drawings and animations, more than enough. A small review is urgently needed since there are references to past events.
Oct 6, 2018 7:44 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012

Who is this girl?!

Of to nice start, already started reading the LN, have 13 volumes to go to pass S3~~
Watching this feels right at home too.
Oct 6, 2018 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
Playcool said:

Who is this girl?!

Of to nice start, already started reading the LN, have 13 volumes to go to pass S3~~

It's Itsuwa from Amakusa Church, who appeared in Toaru S2.
Oct 6, 2018 8:22 AM

Jul 2016
Botato said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Actually it's 10 unless we're expecting them to completely skip over SS2.

Which is very likely.
Which is why I didn't include SS2 at all lol. Thought I have a feeling that they may will gonna adapts SS2 into a OVA if Index III was doing well.
Oct 6, 2018 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
Silentcid said:
Been a long time waiting guys and girls. I can't wait to see both index and railgun characters in this one.

How many puns can fit into that spoiler?XDXDXD

Anyway, i dont think it was so rushed.It conveyed the state of the world and WHY Touma has to go to France makes sense. Ther eis a lot of flab that canbe cut tbh.

Also mfw when OP is setting up the BIG villain of NT.
ssjokgOct 6, 2018 9:01 AM
Oct 6, 2018 9:28 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
This episode covered just the right amount of material, cut the right things, and ended right around where I have been expecting it to ever since I first stated speculating years ago about what a season three first arc would be like.
Oct 6, 2018 9:36 AM
Aug 2015
Botato said:
-_entei_- said:
into Kazakiri experiment taking place prior to that.

Or did Allastor dispatch
against Venta as well?
Second of all,

- Vento invades
I could've sworn his name came up back during the
incident though. Also, edidted my previous post. Sorry about that. Haven't read Old Testament since before Index 2 aired so it's a bit hard to remeber what all is spoiler.
Oct 6, 2018 9:49 AM

Feb 2015
pretty nice and chilling start. a good warm up for us all for upcoming episode. y'know when i want to skip to the big thing but still it cant be helped because everything has a progress... that's what i feel right now :D it's a nice start. one thing that i hate and unreasonable and unnecessary, they changed the iconic sound effect. i literally hate that they changed that for no reasons. besides that, about rushed or now. what volume, how many episodes and bla bla, i dont really that care. i'm happy enough to see this again. well i just hoped they dont messed it up really bad.
YizelTroOct 6, 2018 9:58 AM
Oct 6, 2018 10:08 AM

Nov 2013
-_entei_- said:
Botato said:
Second of all,

- Vento invades
I could've sworn his name came up back during the
incident though. Also, edidted my previous post. Sorry about that. Haven't read Old Testament since before Index 2 aired so it's a bit hard to remeber what all is spoiler.
What came up was the name Aliester Crowley.
Oct 6, 2018 2:37 PM
Apr 2016
I'm pretty dumb and slow. Could someone please explain me what exactly happened in the second half of the episode? Especially why is Touma with Tsuchimikado in France right now? I tried to watch the few last minutes several times and I still don't get it...
Oct 6, 2018 2:42 PM
Apr 2016
Playcool said:

Who is this girl?!.

Amakusa's member. The one with a hot towel.
Oct 6, 2018 4:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
KasuraS said:
Playcool said:

Who is this girl?!

It's Itsuwa from Amakusa Church, who appeared in Toaru S2.

S2 was so long ago, and I have so much to read of the LN before even reaching S2.

So one more for the harem then?

I dont mind hotties, as long as the writter realizes, that while index is good for a mistress, Misaka gotta get that wife status! Best girl cant have less.
Oct 6, 2018 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
This brought so much memories! I hope this season delivers.
Oct 6, 2018 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!!

Let's see how it goes from now on~ <3

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.