Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 6, 2018 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
Silentcid said:
Been a long time waiting guys and girls. I can't wait to see both index and railgun characters in this one.

How many puns can fit into that spoiler?XDXDXD

Anyway, i dont think it was so rushed.It conveyed the state of the world and WHY Touma has to go to France makes sense. Ther eis a lot of flab that canbe cut tbh.

Also mfw when OP is setting up the BIG villain of NT.
ssjokgOct 6, 2018 9:01 AM
Oct 6, 2018 9:28 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
This episode covered just the right amount of material, cut the right things, and ended right around where I have been expecting it to ever since I first stated speculating years ago about what a season three first arc would be like.
Oct 6, 2018 9:36 AM
Aug 2015
Botato said:
-_entei_- said:
I thought it was Venta of the Front's invasion of Academy City, with the whole
into Kazakiri experiment taking place prior to that.

Or did Allastor dispatch
against Venta as well?
Wut. First of all spoilers.
Second of all,
is not even mentioned at all at this point in the story.

- Vento invades
- Kihara kidnaps Last Order
- Kazakiri turns into an Angel
- Accelerator fights Kihara and Hound Dog to save LO
- Touma fights Vento to save the city/Kazakiri
- Index uses a song/prayer to save LO/Kazakiri
I could've sworn his name came up back during the
incident though. Also, edidted my previous post. Sorry about that. Haven't read Old Testament since before Index 2 aired so it's a bit hard to remeber what all is spoiler.
Oct 6, 2018 9:49 AM

Feb 2015
pretty nice and chilling start. a good warm up for us all for upcoming episode. y'know when i want to skip to the big thing but still it cant be helped because everything has a progress... that's what i feel right now :D it's a nice start. one thing that i hate and unreasonable and unnecessary, they changed the iconic sound effect. i literally hate that they changed that for no reasons. besides that, about rushed or now. what volume, how many episodes and bla bla, i dont really that care. i'm happy enough to see this again. well i just hoped they dont messed it up really bad.
YizelTroOct 6, 2018 9:58 AM
Oct 6, 2018 10:08 AM

Nov 2013
-_entei_- said:
Botato said:
Wut. First of all spoilers.
Second of all,
is not even mentioned at all at this point in the story.

- Vento invades
- Kihara kidnaps Last Order
- Kazakiri turns into an Angel
- Accelerator fights Kihara and Hound Dog to save LO
- Touma fights Vento to save the city/Kazakiri
- Index uses a song/prayer to save LO/Kazakiri
I could've sworn his name came up back during the
incident though. Also, edidted my previous post. Sorry about that. Haven't read Old Testament since before Index 2 aired so it's a bit hard to remeber what all is spoiler.
What came up was the name Aliester Crowley.
Oct 6, 2018 2:37 PM
Apr 2016
I'm pretty dumb and slow. Could someone please explain me what exactly happened in the second half of the episode? Especially why is Touma with Tsuchimikado in France right now? I tried to watch the few last minutes several times and I still don't get it...
Oct 6, 2018 2:42 PM
Apr 2016
Playcool said:

Who is this girl?!.

Amakusa's member. The one with a hot towel.
Oct 6, 2018 4:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
KasuraS said:
Playcool said:

Who is this girl?!

Of to nice start, already started reading the LN, have 13 volumes to go to pass S3~~
Watching this feels right at home too.

It's Itsuwa from Amakusa Church, who appeared in Toaru S2.

S2 was so long ago, and I have so much to read of the LN before even reaching S2.

So one more for the harem then?

I dont mind hotties, as long as the writter realizes, that while index is good for a mistress, Misaka gotta get that wife status! Best girl cant have less.
Oct 6, 2018 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
This brought so much memories! I hope this season delivers.
Oct 6, 2018 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!!

Let's see how it goes from now on~ <3

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Oct 6, 2018 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
It’s so good seeing more Index. This is my first time actually watching the sub version but I doubt it will take long to get used to.

I really like the new opening. So many hype fights to look forward to!

Off we go to France!
Oct 6, 2018 7:09 PM

Nov 2016
Brave granny.

Looking forward to this season, heard a lot of good things are going to happen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2018 9:05 PM

Mar 2014
It's been far too long, I'm just happy this series is back.
Oct 6, 2018 10:14 PM

Aug 2013
ssjokg said:
Silentcid said:
Been a long time waiting guys and girls. I can't wait to see both index and railgun characters in this one.

Anyway, i dont think it was so rushed.It conveyed the state of the world and WHY Touma has to go to France makes sense. Ther eis a lot of flab that canbe cut tbh.

Yeah me too. I don't know why LN people think that this episode is rushed. I mean they even bothered to add Fukiyose's forkball moment lmao and several fillers of angry bitches threwing shit at Touma before ending it at the plane jump, which should be around 1/3 of the book.

Tbh all in all, 3 episodes for this arc should be enough imo and then I can decide just how rushjob the adaptation would be around episode 4 or 5.
Oct 6, 2018 11:05 PM

Jan 2016
Im just so happy to see the things I've read and still remember(been 3 years since I've read the light novel but I still remember it like I've read it yesterday) be animated. That alone makes this episode worthwhile. I'm literally fanboying so hard rn.

Also that OP got me even more excited. Damn, this is a good time to be an Indexfag. Woooo
Oct 6, 2018 11:26 PM
Oct 2018
loli_a_ravioli said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah me too. I don't know why LN people think that this episode is rushed. I mean they even bothered to add Fukiyose's forkball moment lmao and several fillers of angry bitches threwing shit at Touma before ending it at the plane jump, which should be around 1/3 of the book.

Tbh all in all, 3 episodes for this arc should be enough imo and then I can decide just how rushjob the adaptation would be around episode 4 or 5.
Because Openings shows all character up to British halloween arc. Usually, index gets new opening after 12-16 eps which makes speculation that whole arc up to british halloween will be rushed until eps 16.

But I doubt s3 will rushed since I saw all character from dark sides academy city in opening. If they will rush index 3, they should be not introduce all character. Another reason why I doubt c document will be rushed in 2 eps because styl investigation scene in next episode. They shouldnt add that scene if they want rush c document arc which means this arc will be 3 eps, minimum estimation for this arc

I think index 3 openings will not changed until eps 18 or 20 which means british halloween arc ended around that episode. That not really rushed at all.
Hatsune_InoriOct 6, 2018 11:29 PM
Oct 6, 2018 11:34 PM

Jan 2016
I'll be happy if ww3 gets 10 episodes tbh. I think thats enough for it. About 5 or 6 for the british royal arc and the science side arcs. Which leaves 2 to 3 episodes each for c document and the acqua of the back arc.

I think those numbers are kinda reasonable but lets see.
Oct 6, 2018 11:47 PM

Mar 2008
It's back! I've waited so long. Good to see all the antics of Touma and friends. So glad they didn't censor Fukiyose's pantie shot. xD I nearly shit myself when Tsuchimikado busted a cap in granny.
Oct 7, 2018 12:30 AM

Feb 2010
@ssjokg oh god ya i saw that NT forshadowing with that one character looking all sinister in the opening.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 7, 2018 12:50 AM

Dec 2014
Is no one going to mention the background art at all? Like damn was it really detailed and really gives off that futuristic city sort of vibe. This show deserves to be watched at the highest resolution.

Touma's "fukou-da" never ceases to amuse me, although Index is still an unappreciative brat. Glad to see the old characters again, even if I didn't really like the previous seasons.
I need sleep.
Oct 7, 2018 2:11 AM

Sep 2016
woo soo glad its back
Facta Non Verba
Oct 7, 2018 4:37 AM

Jan 2016
I'm shaking bros, I waited 8 years for this.
Let's pay respect to the people that died waiting for this and railgun and accel
Oct 7, 2018 7:48 AM

Mar 2017
Nice start. Musics are ok. Visuals are same as before. Glad to see nothing changed in 8 years.
Oct 7, 2018 10:29 AM

Aug 2015
I've completely forgotten who everyone is and everything that happened. I remember I counted up to 14 girls who had an interest in Touma which I thought was insane, but that's literally all I took from this show.
Oct 7, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
AvidAnimeViewer said:
I've completely forgotten who everyone is and everything that happened. I remember I counted up to 14 girls who had an interest in Touma which I thought was insane, but that's literally all I took from this show.
Ermm... Up to this point only 3 are actually interested in him.

Becomes over 10k if you count the clones but why would you do that.
Oct 7, 2018 10:54 AM

Mar 2015
Well, first episode doesn't look highly-budget, but i'll hope they left high-level animation for action scenes, which this season have like first two combined, if memory doesn't fails me. And Index herself will have a lesser screentime, which is always a good thing. And that anouncements of Railgun S3 and Accelerator ...I hope, J.C. Staff have enough budget, and on Onepunchman season 2 too.
TlahuizcapanteOct 22, 2018 1:10 PM
Oct 7, 2018 11:03 AM

Aug 2015
Botato said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

I remember Index, Mikasa, his classmate from this episode, his teacher, the sword-wielding long haired woman, and a few others who showed signs. I was probably counting even the slightest implications.
Oct 7, 2018 11:28 AM

Nov 2013
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Botato said:

I remember Index, Mikasa, his classmate from this episode, his teacher, the sword-wielding long haired woman, and a few others who showed signs. I was probably counting even the slightest implications.
The only ones, up to this point, are Misaka Index and Itsuwa.

Kanzaki doesn't "like him" she's just too kindhearted in a weird way and thinks she owes him a massive debt, Tsuchimikado at the same time keeps trolling her about it. His Classmate doesn't like him that way, but I'm curious about what implied that.

His teacher: Lmao what?
Oct 7, 2018 11:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This series was one of the first things I binged back in 2012-2013 and I must say that it feels so good to finally have this back in my life

I forgot some of the characters' names and some of the events of past seasons but I that quick recap at the beginning helped a lot lol....Man it feels good to see all this stuff and these characters again (Especially of Best Girl Misaka and TouMAN punching the shit out of people lol)

As for this season though, this new arc is already starting off hella interesting, so I'm excited to see where things goes since the OP showed a lot of hype moments

But I can't wait to see Last Order and my Best Boy Accelerator though :''D
TokoyaOct 7, 2018 11:54 AM
Oct 7, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
I really appriciate the little reminder at the beginning, since Iit has been 1.5 years since I last watched something of this franchise.

I remember the basics though

Index sucks and is obnoxious, unbearable through and through

Biribiri x Touma is pure 10/10 material and even the most basic stuff becomes interesting when they are on screen

Accelerator is great

the rest doesnt matter

PS: Not even 5 minutes in and Im already annoyed by Index. I literally have not seen anything from her in 1.5 years, yet the second she appears my mood changes from yees, more A certain magical Index! to nooo, Index. This is how deeply scarred I am by that obnoxious, worst version of a tsundere.
Comander-07Oct 7, 2018 12:53 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 7, 2018 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
A little worried about the visuals. JC hasn't really been holding up well these past few years when it comes that, Shokugeki being a prime example. Usually a 1st episode is fairly decent/high quality for a TV series, as a way to hook peoples interest, but a lot notable low quality stuff from this episode. Was hoping the enjoyment from seeing the cast again would make up for it but can't help but be bothered by it.
Oct 7, 2018 3:30 PM

Jun 2017
Well, that was a total trainwreck.
Oct 7, 2018 4:45 PM

Feb 2010
Comander-07 said:
I really appriciate the little reminder at the beginning, since Iit has been 1.5 years since I last watched something of this franchise.

Biribiri x Touma is pure 10/10 material and even the most basic stuff becomes interesting when they are on screen

Accelerator is great

the rest doesnt matter

PS: Not even 5 minutes in and Im already annoyed by Index. I literally have not seen anything from her in 1.5 years, yet the second she appears my mood changes from yees, more A certain magical Index! to nooo, Index. This is how deeply scarred I am by that obnoxious, worst version of a tsundere.

well thats to bad since shes extremely relevant in these last arcs.

also hates index for biting touma

is fine with misaka shooting lighting that KILLS PEOPLE at touma.

priority people.

however i digress othinus best girl

GrimAtramentOct 7, 2018 4:49 PM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 7, 2018 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
We're finally getting Index S3 and we'll be also getting Toaru Accelerator and Railgun S3. Brothers and Sisters, we have converged into the best timeline possible. REJOICE!
Oct 7, 2018 10:52 PM

May 2013
I'm guessing this is a Netflix show? I only have CR, Funimation, and amazon, been a few days already and still no sign of ep 1 on either funimation or CR, or is it gonna be that we'll have to wait a week for the eps to release on CR/Funimation? Well I'll wait a week if still no sign of ep 1, time to resort to other sites.
Oct 8, 2018 12:24 AM

Aug 2011
Awaki in the OP YAAAAS

Man been about 7 years? Glad to be back
Oct 8, 2018 1:07 AM

Feb 2015
Not that impressed with the first episode, but at least it ended with stuff happening and more stuff about to happen.
Oct 8, 2018 5:36 AM
Aug 2016
hazarddex said:
Comander-07 said:

Accelerator is great

the rest doesnt matter

priority people.

I can’t wait until we see Fre/nda.
Oct 8, 2018 9:30 AM

Sep 2014
hazarddex said:
Comander-07 said:

Accelerator is great

the rest doesnt matter

priority people.

jeah I also noticed how weird it is with how both best girl and worst girl are violent tsunderes, but with best girl it has charme. She gets violent because she knows nothing will happen. Also she gets violent for romance shit.

Worst girl gets violent for no reason, for touma not bringing food, for him basically existing in his own appartment, and she is just overall super annoying.
Oct 8, 2018 9:55 AM

Feb 2010
Comander-07 said:
hazarddex said:

priority people.

jeah I also noticed how weird it is with how both best girl and worst girl are violent tsunderes, but with best girl it has charme. She gets violent because she knows nothing will happen. Also she gets violent for romance shit.

Worst girl gets violent for no reason, for touma not bringing food, for him basically existing in his own appartment, and she is just overall super annoying.

"Violent for not reason." Spoke like a person whos never gone hungry for a day or two before.

And the other times shes bitrs him are litterally for the same reason as misaka. Jealousy and embarrassment

At lest when she does it for food its justified.

You need food to live if you ask me index has her priority straightened out you forget she is forced to live there. Has no means to support herself though no fault of her own.

Getting embessard and mad and shooting lighting at people for a high school crush is not a high priority.

Oct 8, 2018 10:17 AM
Jun 2015
Towel Girl is basically waifu of the season. She brings Touma a towel in the next episode :)
Oct 8, 2018 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
hazarddex said:
Comander-07 said:

"Violent for not reason." Spoke like a person whos never gone hungry for a day or two before.

And the other times shes bitrs him are litterally for the same reason as misaka. Jealousy and embarrassment

You need food to live if you ask me index has her priority straightened out you forget she is forced to live there. Has no means to support herself though no fault of her own.

Getting embessard and mad and shooting lighting at people for a high school crush is not a high priority.
Alright since you are so adament in your shit taste - I never said I dislike Index only because she is violent, she is obnoxious overall and her beeing violent to the guy who lets her crash at his place 24/7 doesnt help

Face the reality scrub, Index sucks
Oct 8, 2018 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
Opening was alright and the show made a great start.
Damn i have missed this series, the last seasons i had the advantage of them already beeing aired so i didn't have to wait for new episodes, but whatever. They are even making Railgun III and kagaku no Accelerator, cant get more hype than this!
DelusionalUzumeOct 8, 2018 3:04 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Oct 8, 2018 5:51 PM

Feb 2010
Comander-07 said:
hazarddex said:

Alright since you are so adament in your shit taste - I never said I dislike Index only because she is violent, she is obnoxious overall and her beeing violent to the guy who lets her crash at his place 24/7 doesnt help

Ad hominem check.

Hypocrisy check.

She has no choose but to stay at his place. Do you not remember that she has basically bben enslaved before hand?

Also misaka is way more violent then index. Let see shooting her railgun which could obliterate a human at touma. Shooting enough lighting to kill a human at him using an iron sand chainsaw on him. Not to mention

so getting attacked over and over again by Misaka out of random adolescent outburst every time He steps outside isn't obnoxious?

at lest Index has reasonable motivations for her anger. touma getting himself into trouble and hurt, forgetting food (which is by the way important if you want to live long.)

also face reality.

GrimAtramentOct 8, 2018 6:39 PM

Oct 8, 2018 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
really thought they'd have Touma pull a "captain marvel trailer" and punch the lady since he's capable of punching anyone and anything but on-n-off bff shot first lol
cant wait for what this season does. happy its back
Oct 9, 2018 12:08 AM

Apr 2016
For someone who had completed the first 2 seasons + movie just a week ago, I'm happy that the animation and art style didn't change coz there are some anime that changes especially for long intervals between seasons.

OP by Maon Kurosaki but composed by Mami Kawada.
Would've preferred Kawada to sing it coz I think the song suits her voice better.

LOL! Touma and his misfortunes continue.
But he always had fortune when it comes to ecchi scenes. :v
Oct 9, 2018 3:03 AM

Oct 2014
I think Fukiyose's panty shot was the first panty shot in the entire To Aru no Majutsu (or maybe I'm forgetting something?)

very tasty girl.

Oct 9, 2018 6:12 AM

Apr 2015
that forced ship with the class prez is so awful.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 9, 2018 7:21 AM

Nov 2013
kidlat020 said:
The fuck you on about.

hazarddex said:
Comander-07 said:

Ad hominem check.

Hypocrisy check.

She has no choose but to stay at his place. Do you not remember that she has basically bben enslaved before hand?

Also misaka is way more violent then index. Let see shooting her railgun which could obliterate a human at touma. Shooting enough lighting to kill a human at him using an iron sand chainsaw on him. Not to mention

so getting attacked over and over again by Misaka out of random adolescent outburst every time He steps outside isn't obnoxious?

at lest Index has reasonable motivations for her anger. touma getting himself into trouble and hurt, forgetting food (which is by the way important if you want to live long.)

also face reality.

The novels clearly state Misaka only does it because he can nullify it. He is an invincible existence as far as her powers are concerned. She only shot her Railgun directly at him only once in a typical tsukkomi routine. The chain saw was only done once in a fight Touma himself agreed to, and she expected it to fail anyway. As for NT spoilers

I can understand not liking Misaka, there's a lot to hate especially when she and Touma are on screen in a non-serious scene. But this is just silly.

Index does indeed have other choices. She can go with Stiyl and Kanzaki, or any of the many church members that love her and enjoy feeding her because she's adorable. But instead she forces Touma to accept her as a freeloader while abusing the shit out of him. Like idk she says he saved her life and she is grateful but she doesn't show that in her actions at all. Instead of repaying the debt she claims she has she just makes his life more miserable. Oh and btw Misaka isn't the only one with tsukkomi bs Index bites him for the same reasons Misaka tries to zap him. But in Index's case she actually causes him pain, and she knows she will cause him pain. Biting him for food isn't better either because he doesn't owe her anything.

And then there's the fact that her jokes got old after the nth time. Same could be said for Misaka I guess but then you realize Index is actually irrelevant for like 90% of the story, while Misaka does play more important roles and has more scenes than just another headcrab #765745 scene. Index is both annoying and a literal shitbag, Misaka is just annoying in the worst case.

What makes it more painful is, when Kamachi decides to make Index relevant in a non headcrab scene, she actually shows good potential. But eh whatever.

@ second spoiler that's not even the superior blonde so shush.
Oct 9, 2018 12:02 PM

Feb 2010
Botato said:
kidlat020 said:
The fuck you on about.

hazarddex said:

Ad hominem check.

Hypocrisy check.

also face reality.

The novels clearly state Misaka only does it because he can nullify it. He is an invincible existence as far as her powers are concerned. She only shot her Railgun directly at him only once in a typical tsukkomi routine. The chain saw was only done once in a fight Touma himself agreed to, and she expected it to fail anyway. As for NT spoilers

I can understand not liking Misaka, there's a lot to hate especially when she and Touma are on screen in a non-serious scene. But this is just silly.

Index does indeed have other choices. She can go with Stiyl and Kanzaki, or any of the many church members that love her and enjoy feeding her because she's adorable. But instead she forces Touma to accept her as a freeloader while abusing the shit out of him. Like idk she says he saved her life and she is grateful but she doesn't show that in her actions at all. Instead of repaying the debt she claims she has she just makes his life more miserable. Oh and btw Misaka isn't the only one with tsukkomi bs Index bites him for the same reasons Misaka tries to zap him. But in Index's case she actually causes him pain, and she knows she will cause him pain. Biting him for food isn't better either because he doesn't owe her anything.

And then there's the fact that her jokes got old after the nth time. Same could be said for Misaka I guess but then you realize Index is actually irrelevant for like 90% of the story, while Misaka does play more important roles and has more scenes than just another headcrab #765745 scene. Index is both annoying and a literal shitbag, Misaka is just annoying in the worst case.

What makes it more painful is, when Kamachi decides to make Index relevant in a non headcrab scene, she actually shows good potential. But eh whatever.

@ second spoiler that's not even the superior blonde so shush.

my main point here is index is hardly any worse then misaka. also sorry , but might not hurt him doesn't change the fact she attacked him. imagine if he didn't notice just once when she attacked him while he wasn't paying attention it takes only one mistake to kill him.

@ second spoiler shes bai and you know it the other blonde will never be remembered

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.