Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion

Nov 27, 2018 8:19 AM
Review Moderator
MALI Director

This show has the most beautiful artstyle I've seen in a long time. The episode itself was a promising start although that confession scene went 0-100 in a flash. I can't help but notice that the beginning was eerily similar to the first episode of Citrus (Touko even bears a striking resemblance to Mei). Hoping there's less drama than Citrus though because that's what made it less enjoyable for me.

Nov 29, 2018 12:32 AM

B-E-A-U-TIFUL

Man, why did I start watching this almost 2 months late? I just try this out of curiosity coz its the top #1 weekly anime on Animetrending.com. I was like, what is this anime? #1 topping SAO, Goblin Slayer, Bunny, and To Aru? This must be good.

No regret. After the episode 1, I was craving for more yuri episodes. Good thing there's already a lot of episodes available. Animation is so great. I feel like I'm watching a movie. The lighting, details, and even some background noises are very well made.

The cliff hanger at the end.

I'm not a fan of Yuri but this one definitely gets me.

Nov 29, 2018 2:24 PM

Marina2 said:
incisorr said:
i don't have what to do and animes like these are always on my radar and then i saw people comparing this to citrus for some reason while even saying it's better than citrus, which was amazing from start to finish with a little hiccup in the middle so i decided i'll start watching this as there are only 4 eps left so i won't wait that long for the conclusion

that being said, the first episode was goddamn awful...? boring characters, boring setting and their interactions were shit and then this chick breaks character completely and the way it was portrayed was so bad.
I'm not gonna judge teh anime by 1 episode but citrus ep 1 was 300 times better than this

If you like a more upbeat show like Cirtus, this one might bore you a little since it is a slow burn kind of show where it slowly build up the plot and character. (which ended up made it better than Cirtus). You just need to keep watching. What doesn't make sense right now will get explained in the future and you're supposed to be confused by that one girl action.

creidt where its due

definitely getting way better with every single episode, it's funny because the anime sort of blooms into me after the first ep which i disliked a lot

still don't see why people hate on citrus or compare it to it but i know people are generally not very bright ...
lots of music -

click for mmo history, minus the drama -

Dec 2, 2018 5:16 AM

Ah, I'm happy I've checked it out.
I was afraid it will be boring (bc high school romance, I'm a bit too old for that) but it was very heartwarming.

Dec 6, 2018 5:16 AM

A confession in the first episode?! Holy shit.
My type: ESTP~

Anime You Should Watch

Filter my anime list by fetish:
Ass - Boxing - Bunny - Catfight - S&M - Wrestling
*Currently doing maintenance. Gomen.

Dec 6, 2018 6:51 PM

Well this looks promising. The animation is top tier too.

Man deserves a pat in the back after waiting for a month but just got rejected by Koito.

Dec 13, 2018 7:27 PM

wow just the first ep and already this is a great anime Adaptation, the art style is pretty much like the manga not to mention the overall animation and all is amazing , the music fits really good the voice are pretty much what i expected

and its just amazing

i had only started reading the manga earlier this year as i was looking for something since citrus was ending and happen to find this series and have to say i really do like it over citrus but i still do like citrus alot (glad its getting a sequel)

but anyway this Adaptation is already beautiful and looking forward to watching it
"one step at a time"

Dec 19, 2018 11:26 PM

wtf that was WAY too fast :/

Dec 21, 2018 3:38 PM

so from memory I don't believe I have watched any Yuri based anime so this is a first for me. Aside from the quickness of the confession it was a good solid first episode.

reading the comments I am hopeful it won't just be a drama based anime with lots of lewd scenes and cheap cliches.... here's to hoping! look forward to the next episode for sure

Dec 30, 2018 3:44 PM

That escalated quickly from "I can't love anyone" to "I think I love you"

There wasn't a gradual build up nor any reason for that feeling. It just happened out of the blue.

Even though I do really like yuri I can't help but confess that it bothered me =(
Modified by Vi-, Dec 30, 2018 3:50 PM

Dec 31, 2018 12:50 AM

I've seen people online Express a kind of disappointment that Yuu didn't turn out asexual, but I'm interested in how this works out. She's most definitely ace, but Touko may be an exception. Very interesting.

Jan 13, 3:59 AM

Kinda' disappointed they established the romance in the first episode. Hope it gets better.

Jan 20, 6:54 PM
At first start, it seems like Citrus in the first episode.
But good animation though

Jan 25, 5:22 PM

Huh, that was a midly surprising start, not what I would have expected. Seems promising so far.

Jan 30, 6:54 PM
Towel Attendant

I would like to thank Jordon Hemann for the subtitles! Without him, I would have been mostly lost. Other than that, I am along for what appears to be a smooth ride.

Jan 31, 3:37 PM

Wow, really nice start.. and those shoujo-ai vibes all over over the place! Seems like nice new attempt on Sono Hanabira x Marimite type of show.

I like how there are also boys around in this type of show

But I would also kinda like to see more of that teasing attitude from Koito that she shared with the boy that confessed to her - so far she is very shy, unlike to what she was at middle school.

I didn't quite liked the fact that Touko seemingy fallen in love so fast but I guess it have to do with Koito's approach to soluting things, we shall see.

Feb 25, 9:52 PM

its the first episode but im already in love with touko
ลลิสา มโนบาล
블랙핑크
slips | collection

Mar 7, 6:15 AM
guren-san123 said:
Kinda' disappointed they established the romance in the first episode. Hope it gets better.

What romance . Its one sided

Mar 15, 5:21 PM

That sure was quite the interesting start, a specific Yuri/Slice of Life/School anime this could get quite interesting. Looking forwards actually to see how things will turn out and what kind of a story this anime will show us.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]