Forum Settings
Forums

I need to get more into anime, like I used to.

New
Oct 3, 2018 8:31 AM
Sep 2017
Heyy!

So. I've been falling kind of out of anime lately. I feel like I have nothing to watch and I don't really feel like watching anime either.
But inside my head I want to watch anime.

Please recommend me some addicting series. That would be much appreciated.

The genres I like revolve around Slice of Life, Comedy, Adventure(not isekai), & yuri.
Of course am I open to other genres too.

Introvert
Oct 3, 2018 8:40 AM
Aug 2017
Lilo1309 said:
Heyy!

So. I've been falling kind of out of anime lately. I feel like I have nothing to watch and I don't really feel like watching anime either.

The genres I like revolve around Slice of Life, Comedy, Adventure(not isekai), & yuri.

Heyy
If you want to watch something good to get you back into anime, then watch something you love. Like if you were into anime at some point, and really enjoyed it, I'd say why not just enjoy what you have enjoyed before and maybe also join some good anime based dicsord server, sub-reddits and have fun there as well. And if you still don't enjoy it, then I think its time you let go I guess. I mean you can't forve yourself into something right?
Oct 3, 2018 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
As a man of culture i'd reccomend the ANIME of LIFE. The anime everyone should watch..

Boku No Pico :|
Oct 3, 2018 8:45 AM

Sep 2018
Watch Candy Boy, it's slice of life moe Yuri

Oct 3, 2018 8:49 AM

Jul 2017
Go start some mainstream trash like Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach

Jul 2017
actually no, go finish fmab first, everyone likes that
Jan 2017
Lilo1309 said:
Heyy!

Hi there I think everyone pretty much goes through that phase you just have to figure out which genre you like or maybe try out completely new anime that isn't in the norm. If you'd like I could help you find some gems.

Try out
1) Barakamon
2)saiki kusuo
3)rakugo

If you'd like more I'd love to help you 😁
Oct 3, 2018 8:51 AM

Oct 2017
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33255/Saiki_Kusuo_no_%CE%A8-nan
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20031/D-Frag
Both are great comedies that are fun and easy to watch at any pace you feel like.
Oct 3, 2018 8:55 AM

Nov 2016
I know this is pretty much the only anime I recommend and it has a weird reputation buuuut JoJo. It's just so unique and it really helped me get back into watching different types of anime when I was in a slump. Heck, it even got me reading more manga.
currently: doing my best!

Oct 3, 2018 8:56 AM
Mar 2017
Watch Gintama, and don't judge it by the firsts ep, it's by far the best comedy
Grand blue and gabriel dropout are also very funny
Oct 3, 2018 8:57 AM

Sep 2016
Rather than me looking at your completed list and trying to make a suggestion...

You know which anime you really enjoyed, so go to the page for each of those shows and check out the titles in the RECs.
Read the various synopsis, and pick out another show to watch that piques your interest.
Don't just go with the first one that seems kinda interesting, wait til you've found 3-4 and then go with the one you're most interested in.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 3, 2018 9:00 AM

Aug 2018
Parasyte
Shokugeki no Soma
Nanatsu no Taizai
Oct 3, 2018 9:00 AM

Feb 2018
I would watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it pulled me back into anime after I was out of it for a couple of years.
Oct 3, 2018 9:08 AM

May 2013
Lilo1309 said:
Heyy!

My recommendation would be to take a long break from anime, after periods of binging. I frequently do that from time to time and it helps to beat the blues.

On topic, perhaps try :

Shinsekai Yori
Higashi no Eden
Working!!
Denpa Teki na Kanojo
Trigun
Eureka 7
Pingu in the City

Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 3, 2018 9:19 AM

May 2018
Give Clannad a try. It's Slice of Life with comedy and romance. Just finished watching it and found it very good.
Oct 3, 2018 9:22 AM

Jun 2011
Saiunkoku Monogatari (adventure, historical, slice of life)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (the first 10 episodes speed through the first 30 episodes of FMA, you can watch FMA first if you want the properly paced episodes) (action, adventure, shounen)
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (comedy)
Gosick (action, historical, adventure, romance) Also, one of my favorite ED of all time:

Ixion Saga DT (adventure, comedy, action, parody)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2018 9:25 AM

Sep 2011
One way that I kind of force myself to watch new anime is just put it on you PTW list, go to a random number generator, and generate one and watch it!

Buuuut, Aku no Hana is my favorite and it's an edgy slice of life albeit, but good! Hamatora is also a good bet for adventure/comedy. Samurai Champloo as well is a nice and classic anime.
Oct 3, 2018 9:31 AM
Sep 2018
watch shoujo shuumatsu ryokou. It's an apocalyptic slice of life.

okay that sounds weird but give it a shot xD
Profile views make me feel loved
Oct 3, 2018 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
Read manga instead that's what I started doing after experiencing the same phenomenon.
Oct 3, 2018 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
...yuri?
i will be recommending you yaoi instead.
love stage
Oct 3, 2018 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
You won't because it's mainstream now
Oct 3, 2018 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
kokoro connect
kami nomi zo shiru sekai
Oct 3, 2018 10:25 AM

Jun 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
Read manga instead that's what I started doing after experiencing the same phenomenon.
I completely agree with this statement. I read a lot of manga for a few months and found a new love for anime.
Oct 3, 2018 10:25 AM

Mar 2018
It's a phase every anime fan (not casual) goes through. You'll get over it.
I'd say take a break. Like a month or two.
Come back after that and you'll see yourself enjoying anime more than ever again.
Oct 3, 2018 10:36 AM

Mar 2015
dude i am having the same problem and it been going on for more than 1 year ,it like i am afraid that i might not enjoy the type of anime that i usually enjoy so i end up not watching them and i kinda feel anxious when i watch .i still keep up with new seasonal anime but other than that i don't watch anything .i have a lot of great anime on my list but like they are just too good and i am afraid that i might not give them the love they deserve .
2 months ago i finally decided to go on a break so i hid my "plan to watch" anime list and i decided to wait for a couple of month until i feel the urge to watch again .i miss my addiction period so bad T___T ,for like 4 years i watched anime 24/7 and i managed to watch +500 anime ,my mind was at ease and i use to enjoy everything .i think the reason this happened is because of the stress that college give me .
Oct 3, 2018 10:37 AM

Mar 2015
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
Come back after that and you'll see yourself enjoying anime more than ever again.

it been more than a year and i am still waiting for my recovery :'(
Oct 3, 2018 10:39 AM

Mar 2018
kaitoXotaku96 said:
81Koyomi_Araragi said:

Start reading some manga. Your anime to manga ratio is pretty high.
Oct 3, 2018 10:52 AM

Mar 2018
Here's some good ones :)
-Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
-Isekai Shokudou
-Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
-Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
-Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu
-Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
-Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
-Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
-Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?: Onsen Manyuuki
you're welcome..
吃屁股
Oct 3, 2018 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
sounds like you are forcing yourself to do things you do not enjoy but for the sake of accomplishment... I have done this a lot of times

here are some I really enjoy and find watchworthy

aria the animation - a very cheerful anime to watch. You would feel the harmony within the atmosphere of the story along with the characters
konohana kitan - a rather comfy anime to watch that gives off japanese tradition vibes; shoujo ai is also a subelement of the story
non non biyori - its just pure wholesomeness in a green field of flowers! I discovered this anime when I was mentally devastated by my inability to fall asleep; this anime magically calms my heart and eases my anxiety
Oct 3, 2018 10:54 AM

Apr 2018
Here are a few steps I can recommend

-Watch your favorites again.

-Try some recommendations or challenges club for suggestions. It's kinda fun completing the challenges too. You can also explore new anime. Things you normally won't watch.

-You can always try the source material. More often than not source material is better than the adaptation. Then revisiting the anime again will be a different experience.

-If you have friends who are into anime watch them together. Probably a currently airing anime.

-If none of them work, you should probably take a step back and try to watch something after a few months or so.
Oct 3, 2018 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
*reads favorite genres* Is this a new potential fan of Konohana Kitan?
Oct 3, 2018 11:02 AM

Aug 2017
Watch sexy commando masaru san you will love it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2018 11:16 AM
Apr 2018
Level E (Science Fiction, Comedy)
Chios School Road (Comedy, Similar to Hinamatsuri)
Ajin (Action, Thriller)
Rourouni Kenshin (1990s Samurai show)
Violet Evergarden (Drama, War)
Hanebado (Sports, Badminton)
Oct 3, 2018 11:19 AM

May 2013
kaitoXotaku96 said:
81Koyomi_Araragi said:

I took a break from watching anime in late 2015, and resumed it this year in mid-2018. It felt as if I was watching anime for the first time, in all its glory. I don't see this as a big problem.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 3, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2015
I feel the same way rn! i haven't watched anything new for two months now. though i went over to a friend's house a couple days ago and we re-watched one of our fav animes together in one go. i suggest re-watching your fav series! i reckon i'll do the same. otherwise it'll come back to you eventually.
Oct 3, 2018 11:44 AM
Aug 2011
One I'd highly recommend checking out is Hidamari Sketch. It was one of the longest-running slice of life shows. In the end there were 4 full seasons plus specials, for a total of 60 episodes. No adventure, but it ticks the other boxes, with some light yuri subtext in there too.

"Kiniiro mosaic" and "Is the Order A Rabbit?" are good slice of life choices too.
cipheronOct 3, 2018 11:54 AM
Oct 3, 2018 11:51 AM
May 2017
Lilo1309 said:
Heyy!

My advice - if you feel like you've got nothing to watch, then don't watch anything. this is the same technique you use when you feel like you have nothing to do - do nothing. after an x amount of time passes you will suddenly know what you want to watch.
Oct 3, 2018 11:58 AM
Aug 2011

My advice - if you feel like you've got nothing to watch, then don't watch anything. this is the same technique you use when you feel like you have nothing to do - do nothing. after an x amount of time passes you will suddenly know what you want to watch.

alternatively, OP can just watch single episodes of shows that you never saw before. That way they at least get a better idea what they might want to watch.

However, I think the issue might be deeper than OP thinks. Some people suggest keeping a diary of how you spend your time, see what you feel is a good use of your time, and what you do that wastes time or feels like procrastinating. The odds are that you don't feel like you can account for "time well spent" so you want to fill up time with something like anime because that feels more like progress, at least on finishing shows. I might be off-based but it's worth considering. You don't get time back, so make sure that you spend your time doing things you'll later feel happy about having spent the time on. Maybe spend that time learning Japanese instead of trying to cram more animes in, or drawing, or learning a musical instriment, or learning computer programming.
Oct 3, 2018 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
Barakamon is a must watch, considering you are a fan of slice of life and comedy.
Oct 3, 2018 12:13 PM

Mar 2014
Shamo6 said:

Hasn't anime been mainstream for years now?

Btw op you shouldn't force yourself to watch it, I used to watch anime daily and now I barely do it. You're not gonna be a weeb for the rest of your life. Focus on what you like or find things that interests you, and if there isn't anything, work on it or spend time doing stuff you should do but haven't done. If nothing works, just do nothing, it's better than watching boring stuff just because you can't find a hobby or you wanna keep the weeb status.
23 ♀ | ES/ENG

Oct 3, 2018 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
Shamo6 said:

Hasn't anime been mainstream for years now?

True but it's just way way more now because of Bnh cancer. Also nice gif.
Oct 3, 2018 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Mob psycho 100 is a good one that came out recently
Oct 3, 2018 12:36 PM

Oct 2018
Looks like you haven't seen School Rumble yet.
I'm sure it would be right for you
Oct 3, 2018 12:36 PM

Apr 2016
Well go on then, what are you waiting for ? Why do you waste your time here ? Go and watch.
Oct 3, 2018 3:13 PM

Jun 2008
Try stepping out of your comfort shows and pick up other shows in different genres. Or look for shows that are similiar to shows that made you really fall in love with anime and maybe it will reignite the feeling for you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

22 by Piromysl »»
12 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 12 hours ago

47 by Piromysl »»
20 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

44 by Azuchi »»
23 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

177 by Adnash »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

37 by Ex-Aid »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.