Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Where do you prefer to use MAL or mostly use it ??

Oct 3, 2018 2:53 AM

I personally use it on my mobile or tablet..
What about you?

ボールルームダンサー

Oct 3, 2018 2:55 AM
I have a dream that one day i'll buy a PC/Tablet so when i use MAL, everything will be easier after :|

Oct 3, 2018 2:56 AM

I use Mal on my IPad but I use the desktop version because the mobile version is terrible.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

Oct 3, 2018 2:58 AM

I use it 95% of the time on my Surface in desktop modus, the mobile version is simply a bit too unhandy for me.
----------

Oct 3, 2018 3:00 AM

Pylia said:
I use it 95% of the time on my Surface in desktop modus, the mobile version is simply a bit too unhandy for me.
xShinigami3125 said:
I use Mal on my IPad but I use the desktop version because the mobile version is terrible.

The mobile version is not THAT bad..
I think it's decent
Modified by Ballroomdancer, Oct 3, 2018 3:04 AM

ボールルームダンサー

Oct 3, 2018 3:02 AM

I mostly use MAL on my pc and when I use it on my phone I always choose the desktop version.

Oct 3, 2018 3:03 AM

Ballroomdancer said:
Pylia said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Guys, the mobile version is not THAT bad..
I think it's decent

It is terrible whenever I try to use it I just get annoyed because everything is so tiny and you can't see pics etc.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

Oct 3, 2018 3:03 AM

Ballroomdancer said:

Guys, the mobile version is not THAT bad..
I think it's decent

Didn't said it's bad but the desktop version is way easier to utilize for me, nothing much more.
----------

Oct 3, 2018 3:04 AM

i use MAL on my laptop since its easier

Oct 3, 2018 3:05 AM

fuyuki said:
I mostly use MAL on my pc and when I use it on my phone I always choose the desktop version.

Desktop version on your phone!?
Now that's something else

ボールルームダンサー

Oct 3, 2018 3:07 AM
Ballroomdancer said:
fuyuki said:

Desktop version on your phone!?
Now that's something else

How do you think i post reviews?😶

I request the desktop site to do that...

You shouldn't be surprissed at all.

Oct 3, 2018 3:08 AM

Nice thing about accessing MAL with the PC, is that during most of the time MAL was running in crippled mode, I was still logging in, updating my list, and wasn't one of the multitude crying about the damn API.
Every time I saw a post on Twitter or wherever about how someone couldn't watch any anime without the API, I just rolled my eyes and chuckled sadly.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 3, 2018 3:20 AM

I prefer computer but most of the time I'm too lazy to on it so I mostly use my phone.

Oct 3, 2018 3:24 AM

About 50/50, maybe a little more on my laptop if I had to pick. I use desktop mode when I'm on my mobile.

Oct 3, 2018 3:26 AM

I use MAL on all kind of devices, depending on the situation.

Oct 3, 2018 3:30 AM
Ballroomdancer said:
Pylia said:
xShinigami3125 said:

The mobile version is not THAT bad..
I think it's decent

It isn't bad, the problem is that it lacks a few features. For example in mobile you can't leave a comment on a profile, check the affinity to you, check forum activity (If you are into stalking). Unless I'm doing it wrong, while on a anime/manga page you also can't read the recommendations because the link takes you to that series' page instead.

I use both versions but I slightly prefer the mobile version.

Oct 3, 2018 3:35 AM

Desktop version on a mobile.

My laptop is broken :(

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 3, 2018 3:38 AM
Older_than_dirt said:
Nice thing about accessing MAL with the PC, is that during most of the time MAL was running in crippled mode, I was still logging in, updating my list.

? That didn't affect the mobile version if I recall correctly. I could update my list and access any page just fine (as long as it had been restored)
Edit: I mean the api didn't affect the mobile version
Modified by SaiDrew, Oct 3, 2018 3:43 AM

Oct 3, 2018 3:44 AM

75% of the time, I use it through anyme on my phone.

Oct 3, 2018 3:46 AM

Always mobile, even tho it's annoying with longer posts.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Oct 3, 2018 3:52 AM

I'm using MAL on anywhere, but I prefer on Computer.

Oct 3, 2018 3:54 AM

I use it on both mobile and PC. But PC is better than mobile.

Oct 3, 2018 3:59 AM

I use mal on monile most of the time but I prefer using on pc. Mobile is handy cause I use it at work too.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Oct 3, 2018 4:05 AM

I always use the desktop version even if i'm on my mobile or tablet, it's way better.

Oct 3, 2018 4:07 AM

Mostly use on a computer but sometimes on mobile too.

Oct 3, 2018 4:23 AM

I use MAL pretty much most of the time on my phone

Oct 3, 2018 4:26 AM

I use it mostly on my phone. But only desktop version, mobile mode is awful.

Oct 3, 2018 4:28 AM

errr..
to update my list i'd rather use my phone but for exploring forums, probably computer.

Oct 3, 2018 4:33 AM

I use the mobile version more than the desktop version recently.

Oct 3, 2018 5:33 AM

I use MAL on my computer but on sometimes on my mobile.

Oct 3, 2018 5:36 AM
Demontano

i use mal on my laptop when at home but i also use it when im going on walks outside.
-Nezuko Kamado-

"Nezuko is a human ever since the time she was born”

Oct 3, 2018 6:01 AM

I use it on pc also as it is much more easy

Oct 3, 2018 10:02 AM

i use my laptop
can't stand MAL on my phone even if i'm using the desktop version

Oct 3, 2018 10:10 AM
on a desktop computer since i do not have and want a smartphone at the moment

Oct 3, 2018 10:14 AM

I'm on desktop 90% of my time and rarely use on mobile, so..
"I'm alright, because
The warmth on my back
Is from you, protecting me
My bent heart is being straightened out
I feel like I can keep on walking when I see your face
That time, I was able to gather my wishes and jump up
because of your words of encouragement"

Hanamaru◎Andante - Pastel✽Palettes

Oct 3, 2018 11:16 AM

I prefer to use MAL on my computer to mobile. Also, desktop mode >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mobile one.

Oct 3, 2018 11:27 AM

It's not exactly convenient to have a laptop everywhere so both.
⠀⠀⠀⠀
"The show was a trainwreck, but hey incest is wincest."
"Fuck the Chinese government."

Oct 3, 2018 11:32 AM
I usually use it on my laptop, but when i'm in class and I just want to check something on MAL, I use my phone. ^.^

Oct 3, 2018 11:33 AM

always on the laptop! i'm on it more often than my phone, and mal on mobile is a pain really even on desktop ver.

Oct 3, 2018 11:36 AM

I use both and I prefer the computer version. Anyway, the mobile version only has a few things that I don't like but is not useless

Oct 3, 2018 11:43 AM
Phriel

Most of the time, I use it on my phone, but I prefer the computer version since I type faster on a keyboard.

Oct 3, 2018 12:22 PM

I prefer and use MAL mostly on the computer. Can't collect the data and input them in spreadsheets efficiently on a shitty mobile device. If I have to use mobile, I use the desktop version of the site

Oct 3, 2018 12:31 PM

Cavemen have more updated iphones than I so it's gotta be PC for now. XD

Oct 3, 2018 12:53 PM
Whether I'm using the computer, my tablet or my phone, I will always use PC version.

Oct 3, 2018 2:28 PM

Computer for the win. Wayyy more easier to type shit rather than on mobile imo.

Oct 3, 2018 2:34 PM

Definitely a computer. Last time I checked you couldn't use the mobile version to post anything on the forums, plus it's way easier and much faster to type. rather than fumble with a mobile touchpad input keyboard.
"I am Holo the wisewolf, I know that there are things in this world that I do not know, that is what makes me wise."
-Holo (Spice & Wolf)

Oct 3, 2018 2:38 PM

I'll try mobile MAL when they make their own app.

Oct 3, 2018 3:07 PM
Sanji Fangirl

I hate using the forums on my iphone/ipad. I do use MAL on my iphone/ipad to check deailts on shows that i'm watching or plan to watch etc. But i don't even bother logging in on my account.

Oct 3, 2018 3:13 PM
Usually use it mobile because I always have my phone on me.The mobile version isn’t very good but there isn’t anything I can do about it.

Oct 3, 2018 5:39 PM

Phosphophilite said:
MechKingKillbot said:
I prefer and use MAL mostly on the computer. Can't collect the data and input them in spreadsheets efficiently on a shitty mobile device. If I have to use mobile, I use the desktop version of the site

What sort of data do you collect?
I'm curious.

It's nothing groundbreaking statistics wise and some of it is beyond levels of insane, but I collect the following (be warned of some maybe incoherent rambling since it's kind of difficult for me to explain without showing images):

+My particular friends' MAL score (only the users that were associated with the same community I was before I came to MAL...although it isn't nearly enough data) and the scores of those that already told me individually and doesn't have MAL. I use it to then do an all-time rankings of that community based on the shows watched and filter by sample size of >1 and >2. Since there aren't nearly enough people, it isn't really interesting to say the least. Also none of them really watch anime as much as I do. Still, pretty cool to see.

+On another tab, I collect the studio and year the first entry of that "franchise" (my definition) first aired to go along with franchise weighed average rankings. It isn't as clean as MALGraph, but I wanted to do a studio ranking and year ranking of the scores but instead of individual entries, I use the franchise overall score that I assign it. Then if I'm ever bored, I can compare MALGraph to whatever cheap data I have. Also keeping track of the franchise overall scores, I can then compare my MAL average to my spreadsheet average to see how different it would be if MAL were to combine separate entries of the franchises into one. I also don't like how MAL doesn't use decimal ratings so I wanted to see a count of what I have for decimal ranges which you won't be able to see in MALGraph.

+On another tab, I've set goals of each day to accomplish minutes wise. I've seen threads in which say how many episodes you watched the most in one day or something similar to that level and I was never able to answer it which bugged me for some reason. Since episodes vary quite a bit in length depending on what I watch (TVs, specials, OVAs, movies), I thought I would track minutes and episode count at the same time. All I need would be to grab the minutes of that entry. I already have the balance of what I currently have in days, my goal in minutes, what I watch in minutes, raw episode number, converted "episode" number (I use 22.5 minutes as equaling an episode). Each column has the number of episodes where I put the minutes, but this is mostly to count those in that column as an "episode" if it is over 20 minutes in length.

+Type the opening/ending of the anime to get the OP/ED number. I download all openings and endings that I watched, give it a listen and if it's worth saving, I'll keep it in my phone for nostalgia purposes. This becomes incredibly absurd in terms of numbering when you get to something like Gintama with plenty of separate sequels. I think I'm up to ED 34 and OP 28 (hard to say without going to my spreadsheet). My naming convention is the general franchise name (if plausible), so format would be like
[franchise] (an OP #/zee ED #) title of music
This would then go to my playlist in which I am trying now to completely rank all the openings and endings of the ones in my playlist whenever I'm bored or on the bus, which actually makes my stress levels worse sometimes.

+Record the names of my favorite characters and do a best girl rankings for the hell of it for each franchise. Also useful if I want to do a 3x3, top 10, top whatever for certain categories for the fun of it. It legitimately saved me time although I did indeed "waste" time trying to even come up with a 3x3 only to have it change pretty soon.

+For any goal purposes: i.e. if I wanted to do 90% of watching all studios > 100 entries in MAL, watch x amount of TV show length per season per year, etc.
Modified by MechKingKillbot, Oct 3, 2018 5:52 PM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »